User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

Official Networking Thread (LAN Configuration, Internet Sharing, Routers, Switches, etc.)

• I was having intermittent connection with pldt mydsl and the tech couldn't figure out what's causing it so he recommended a new modem,,, the prolink 5024nk. The problem is now I can't access my asus rt-n16 router. i set the modem ip to 192.168.1.1 and routers ip to 192.168.1.2. when i try to access my routers gui i get a "routers ip has been updated, connect to routers wlan" and that's the only way to access it but still without internet.

also, when i try to change the modem's lan ip to something else besides 192.168.1.1, i get no internet. and i also have to enter the dns manually, otherwise, checking the obtain dns automatically doesn't work.,, no internet.

can anybody shed some light? thanks...
  • @nvektus

na try mo na router sa 192.168.2.1?
  • @nvektus

na try mo na router sa 192.168.2.1?

+1

@nvektus

Di ko sure kung ano saktong setup mo ngayon sir.
    Need more details to troubleshoot.
    Possible na nag automatically switch to 192.168.2.1 yung Asus Wifi Router(Assuming you connected Modem Lan port to Asus WAN port at least once on stock firmware).

Regardless, I suggest that you simply set the Prolink H5024nk to Bridged mode(modem only mode).
    This is the closest thing I can link to you for PLDT.
    <click here for link>
  • @nvektus

Sir, baka conflict lang sa IP ng parehong router mo..

Sir, tignan mo yung DHCP ng prolink at asus router mo kung pareho yung DHCP IP range nila.

Kung yung DHCP IP Range nila ay parehong nagsimula sa 192.168.1.100 - 192.168.1.149, palitan mo nalang yung DHCP ni prolink.
  • thanks mga guru! got the router working. you're right it wasn't set to bridge mode. i thought it was since there was a drop down set to bridge mode on the wan status page. i didn't see the tiny pencil on the bottom page which allowed further setting for wan.

anybody else has this modem? the led's are big and bright and could light up a small xmas tree. bad design. i guess with this model, once set to bridge mode, the gui becomes inaccessible? the only way to access the gui again is to do a hard reset which disables bridge mode and goes back to its default settings. how do you get around this?
  • thanks mga guru! got the router working. you're right it wasn't set to bridge mode. i thought it was since there was a drop down set to bridge mode on the wan status page. i didn't see the tiny pencil on the bottom page which allowed further setting for wan.

anybody else has this modem? the led's are big and bright and could light up a small xmas tree. bad design. i guess with this model, once set to bridge mode, the gui becomes inaccessible? the only way to access the gui again is to do a hard reset which disables bridge mode and goes back to its default settings. how do you get around this?

Actually you can access it easily given your asus hardware.

Just flash tomato firmware on your RT-N16 and magkakaroon ka ng option na "Route modem IP".
    Ilalagay mo lang dito yung IP nung modem before mo bridged mode ex. 192.168.1.1

In such case kailangan iba na yung IP block nung Asus mo like 192.168.2.1 or whatever you prefer.

Link to firmware for RT N16
    <click here for link>
    Instructions on how to install
    <click here for link>

Note your Router won't brick don't worry.
  • ^mali yung binigay mong firmware, Asus uses RT-N builds, not K26 specific builds.

well anyways, eto yung tamang firmware for Asus N16 for tomatoUSB,

<click here for link>
  • This link says either will do.

http://tomato.groov.pl/?page_id=69
  • ^not anymore. please read the git sources for more info

or read the linksysinfo tomato usb thread (specifically shibby firmware) for more info

-- edited by polka on Aug 22 2014, 11:17 PM
  • Mga Boss and Sir,

baka pwede naman patulong sa Huawei B683 ko na mai openline/Unlocked sim card. willing to pay sir para po magamit ko n po ito samin sir.. tnx. di po ako madalas online.. this is my no. sir. Valenzuela are po sir... nasubukan ko n po FMC unlocker for unlocking codes and still not working. DC unlocker nlng po sir di pa.. many tnx sir.

Kung sino interested tulungan ako eto po no. ko.. pa pm nlng po ng contact no. po incase po para po magamit ko n po ito..
  • Hello po!

Sino po nka-try mag setup ng tp-link tl-r470t+?

Mayroon po ako 2 plans from pldt 999(up to 2Mbps).

Paano po ang pag-setup na ma-combine ang speed ng dalawang plans?

Salamat po!
  • lugarlang Send Message View User Items on August 27, 2014 03:03 AM
    Hello po!

Sino po nka-try mag setup ng tp-link tl-r470t+?

Salamat po!

TPLink R470T+ cant combine the speeds of your two PLDT Plans.
    It will only switch from primary WAN to secondary WAN when downtime occurs.
    You will need to find a decent aggregated router and not a load balancing router to do so.
  • Maraming Salamat @TPCLaguna

Ano pong brand at model ng router ang magandang gamitin para dyan?
  • @lugarlang

Load Balance ka jan hindi Load Aggregate walang ganon sa PLDT 999.
    in layman's term hindi yan 2Mbps+2Mbps=4Mbps,
    2Mbps & 2Mbps yan = both yan ma u utilize mo.

MikroTik RB951G-2HnD

sundan mo lang yung Dual WAN PCC ni Steve Discher
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=pcc+steve+discher

tapos saka ka mag Mark ng Packets sa Mangle Facility under /ip firewall mangle
    can be HTTP port 80, HTTPS port 443

lagyan mo ng limit sa Simple Queue
    pati ang mga client workstations mo lagyan mo din ng limit download and upload.
  • hi, excuse lang po.

anybody tried edgerouters from ubiquity? any feedback?

<click here for link>
    <click here for link>
  • mga sir, di ko na po ma-access gui ng router ko pag sa pc. sa wifi okay naman po. paano po kaya maaayos to? salamat po
  • @vencer_cavitech

if you have a proxy, try mo lang:

sa browser options/settings:

advanced>>>network>>>settings

place your router's ip sa "No Proxy for:" Box
    >>>ok>>>ok

Better restart your browser.
  • TPLink R470T+ cant combine the speeds of your two PLDT Plans.

+1. For truth. Neither can the R480T+ do that.

Who's Online

509 active users within the last minute, 292 members, 217 guests.
Our newest member is favqhful
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys