>

User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

The PC Audio Thread: Sound Cards, On-Board Audio, Speakers, Headsets: New Products and Reviews

• dyeydi Send Message View User Items on January 15, 2015 02:09 PM

Hi po mga sir... pa suggest lang po kung anong ok n speaker na digital na po na pedeng idirekta na sa tv po namin... budget po mga 8k to 10k... pero kung Wala po sa ganyang range na presyo pede pa po istretch yung budget... maraming salamat po...

nick311hexum Send Message View User Items on January 16, 2015 08:50 AM

edifier S530D 10k lang yan, may optical siya

I agree with dude nick311hexum...I bought my edifier S530D 2 years ago..and its still rocking the house up until now..hehehe ^_^

PS:

if bibilin mo to...just make sure na me sasakyan ka or take a taxi pauwi..sobrang bigat nito at ang laki ng box... ^_^
  • Anyone here have tried A-Audio or Anthony Audio speakers?

I'm looking at getting new speakers for my PC (for music listening) as wearing headphones can be tiring at times especially during the summer. So I was looking at the usual recommended brands: Swans HiVi, Audioengine A5+ etc.

Then I remembered that A-Audio was offering bookshelf speakers like the Ezekiel or Phillippians series. So I was thinking of a relatively bang-for-buck setup like this:

- A-Audio Ezekiel or Philippians bookshelf speakers
    - SMSL T-AMP (with enough power)
    - SMSL DAC (or I will just reuse my old FiiO E17)

If anyone here has tried those setups, would like to get some advice or comments :-)

Thanks

-- edited by sleepygeepy on Jan 23 2015, 04:45 AM
  • Just to give everyone an idea... these are the components I'm considering

A-Audio Philippians Bookshelf Speakers
    External Image

SMSL SA-98E 160WPC Class T Digital Amplifier
    External Image
  • and here is the DAC...

SMSL Sanskrit 24Bit / 192kHz USB DAC
    External Image

If anyone has tried a similar setup or can recommend something better or more value-for-money that would be good :-)
  • @sleepygeepy: i have A-Audio Philippians BS and Center, partnered with Marantz NR1604 receiver (50W/ch RMS @ 8ohms). Anthony makes great-sounding speakers that won't break your wallet.
  • @sleepygeepy: i have A-Audio Philippians BS and Center, partnered with Marantz NR1604 receiver (50W/ch RMS @ 8ohms). Anthony makes great-sounding speakers that won't break your wallet.

Thanks! I was also thinking the same thing and have long wanted to buy his speakers :-) BTW how is it sound-wise when playing music? what impressions can you share?

I was planning to place the speakers on my desk just beside the monitor, and with the limited space I have I don't think I can position an AV receiver nearby. So I was looking for an affordable T-Amp that I can place on top of the desk and maybe stack a small DAC on top for a compact package.

I'm just not sure which T-Amp to use and which model would be powerful enough to drive the speakers well so I wanted to ask around. The T-Amp I'm looking at (SMSL SA-98E) is recommended for 120W/ch "daw" but since it's only a T-Amp can't be sure.

Good news though...

Sir Anthony mentioned they will be launching the Abel series powered bookshelf speakers this February. It will be tuned for music listening and they will offer Bluetooth versions as well. The price is very affordable and I might wait for that model to come out :-)
  • @sleepygeepy: I am satisfied with its performance for both music and movies. It has a well-balanced sound. I can recommend it to anyone.

External Image

External Image
  • sleepygeepy/dm1179:

how much is the a-audio philippians bs? and the t-amp sleepygeepy is eyeing for? thanks.
  • ^for pricing, you can PM or SMS anthony in PinoyDVD. may sarili siyang thread dun, pati contact numbers nya andun rin. thread title >> A-AUDIO SPEAKER CREATIONS!!!
  • ayos yan a audio... nag tanong na ako kay sir anthony about the abel bookshelf speakers... sa feb nga ang release... madaming kulay, red ang balak ko, abel with subs + smsl amp... ano kaya kakalabasan ng sound quality nun... hehe
  • @dm1179
    Very nice looking speakers! Ganda ng finish :-)

@bpc_dnd
    how much is the a-audio philippians bs? and the t-amp sleepygeepy is eyeing for? thanks.

Also check out the Anthony Audio Facebook page. Last I checked, the quoted price there for Philippians II bookshelf speakers is Php 10K a pair while the Ezekiel is Php 4.5K a pair.

For the pricing on the AMP and DAC you have to go to the PinoyDVD thread though. The SMSL SA-98E is Php 6,499 rated at 160w per channel but there are lower wattage models like the bestselling SMSL SA-36A PRO which is on sale at Php 2.5K now. The SMSL Sanskrit USB DAC is Php 6,499 but purely optional if you already have a DAC or good PC soundcard / audio player with line-out.

Here's what I had in mind sana:

*** Option I ***
    10K - Philippians II Bookshelf
    6.5K - SMSL SA-98E T-Amp
    6.5K - SMSL Sanskrit DAC
    TOTAL = Php 23K

*** Option II ***
    4.5K - Ezekiel Bookshelf
    5.5K - SMSL SA-60 T-Amp
    6.5K - SMSL Sanskrit DAC
    TOTAL = 16.5K

The price of the setup is not bad at all considering you get Hi-Fi quality audio at a budget price. I don't know how much would a good pair of interconnects will cost, but need to factor that in the price as well. Also if you check the Anthony Audio FB page they also have a nice Bluetooth Soundbar that's Php 10K. This is the 3rd option I'm thinking and would be a very hassle free setup hehe...

@nick311hexum
    ayos yan a audio... nag tanong na ako kay sir anthony about the abel bookshelf speakers... sa feb nga ang release... madaming kulay, red ang balak ko, abel with subs + smsl amp... ano kaya kakalabasan ng sound quality nun... hehe

According to sir Anthony there will be 2 versions of the Abel series speakers, one regular version and one Bluetooth version. I'm assuming the Bluetooth version is already powered (so no need for amp) but better to wait for the official specs during the launch. Quoted price I got is Php 5K and Php 7.5K for the Bluetooth version :-)

Not sure if a subwoofer can be powered by a T-Amp but I think you need a subwoofer out on that setup. In my opinion just go for 2-channel system especially if you are listening to music. Also it might be hard to find a subwoofer that will sound as good or match well with the A-Audio speakers. You need to find a quality sounding subwoofer too :-)

-- edited by sleepygeepy on Jan 24 2015, 03:03 AM
  • @sleepygeepy

i ask sir anthony about the subwoofer, they have one 8inch 180watts price at 7k. smsl can power the abel and the subs sir anthony will teach me how

i think ganito yun

smsl > subwoofer > abel series

tama kaya hehe
  • @nick311hexum
    i ask sir anthony about the subwoofer, they have one 8inch 180watts price at 7k. smsl can power the abel and the subs sir anthony will teach me how

i think ganito yun

smsl > subwoofer > abel series

tama kaya hehe

Hmmm... magandang idea yan sir ah hehe! Sige kung ok yung setup na sinuggest ni sir Anthony baka gayahin ko din :-)

Pwede kaya yan with the Bluetooth soundbar ni binebenta ni sir Anthony? Parang simple semi-HT setup sa living room, A-Audio soundbar with small A-Audio subwoofer :-)
  • Hi guys,

May masuggest ba kayong 2.0 speaker for desktop PC? Parang masyado kasing malaki yung Creative T20 eh. Gusto ko sana medyo maliit nang kaunti sa T20.

Thanks!
  • @sleepygeepy

Hmmm... magandang idea yan sir ah hehe! Sige kung ok yung setup na sinuggest ni sir Anthony baka gayahin ko din :-)

Pwede kaya yan with the Bluetooth soundbar ni binebenta ni sir Anthony? Parang simple semi-HT setup sa living room, A-Audio soundbar with small A-Audio subwoofer :-)

i dont think so, paano mo i-connect yun sir? ask na lang natin si sir anthony or yung mga master dito sa ganyan set up o kaya sa pdvd.

mas okay pala ang ezekiel series kaysa sa abel, so ezekiel na lang kunin ko, smsl amp, later na siguro subs kulang pa budget eh...

@ronnel918

creative T10 sir

External Image

Who's Online

234 active users within the last minute, 115 members, 119 guests.
Our newest member is akusai
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Items for Sale

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys