User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

The PC Audio Thread: Sound Cards, On-Board Audio, Speakers, Headsets: New Products and Reviews

• JustinPC

Asus, Gigabyte at MSI.
  • Thank you. Sa motherboards ba, what brand or model usually ang pinakamaganda ang sound quality?

as long as the spec on the motherboard indicates that it's Realtek 898 then it's decent.
    may mga mas murang motherboard na realtek 898 ang nakainstall tulad ng sa AsRock Extreme Series...
    may times na hindi Realtek nakalagay sa motherboard tulad ng nasa Asus Rampage IV black ed.
    Cirrus Logic CS4398 na ang nakalagay, mas ok yan compared sa Realtek 898.

since hindi mo pwede ma-audition yung sound sa motherboard, i-base mo nalang sa snr rating. aim for snr with 100db and above.

simply check the snr rating of the audio codec or dac on their respective maker's site...
    a dedicated soundcard/dac will always be ahead when compared to onboard sound even if their snr is the same though.

hth

-- edited by rievhardt on Aug 28 2014, 03:34 AM
  • My laptop to headphone setup:

Lenovo laptop -> USB Sound Card -> Sony headphone

External Image

USB soundcards eliminate all the static hisses that I get with the on-board realtek soundcard for a cheap price.
  • ^ anong USB sound card yan sir? kamusta naman ang performance?
  • Meridian yan majingotan at hindi mabibili dito!
  • interesting article..

What Does It Take To Turn The PC Into A Hi-Fi Audio Platform?
    <click here for link>

External Image

-- edited by dm1179 on Aug 28 2014, 06:31 PM
  • Partially true IMO. My Meridian DAC can give noticeable (a bit tighter bass, a bit more treble sparkles, a bit more mids detail but not overly dramatic improvement against my laptop with realtek sound card. The biggest difference is zero noise on very sensitive phones compared to on-board. If manufacturers can completely shield the on-board audio from static background noise and hisses, it would probably sound as good as the entry-level DAC like my Meridian.

Who's Online

814 active users within the last minute, 468 members, 346 guests.
Our newest member is ljdwefdsyrovrn
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Items for Sale

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys