User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

Unified Laptop/Notebook/Netbook Users Thread Part 2 (NO Trading Allowed)

• Hello sir Nelko.

Thank you for enlightening me
    so i finally purchased an asus x452cp kanina.

pero before that i had an issue with one of their sales team nung bumibili ako ng unit upon inspection from the moment na inilabas nya yung unit from the box nakita ko na puro smudges yung top ng lid. aside from that yung touchpad nya may smudge na. so i said na wala na ba kayong ibang unit aside from the one you have shown me. the sales said na wala na..
    then punta ako sa manager to talk regarding the attitude of their sales.
    so after that i was presented with another unit..this time it was really fresh.

so after the transaction..pag uwi ko ng bahay i finally tested the unit.
    so far ok naman..and im getting used to the touchpad.

the thing that worries me is yung parang whirling sound na nang gagaling sa right side nya. i dont know if fan yun or hdd. pero tolerable naman ung ingay nya..pero still its still a brand new unit right?

i just want to know if normal lang ba yung parang whirling sound that is comming from right sound of my brand new laptop.
  • Good Day Everyone!

Magpatulong lang po ako.

Balak ko po kasi bumili ng laptop. Budget is 25k max. Pero kung may sobra pa dun na kahit up to 27k or 28k, iconsider ko po.

Main use is for office applications and for watching movies.

Thanks in advance.

-- edited by jrg17 on Sep 29 2014, 08:00 AM
  • ct9a:

Is the sound coming from a bay? An optical drive will always whirl during its spin up sequence, unless it's one of those drives that tends to warm itself up regularly. The question is, is there a disk in the drive to warrant a spin up sequence at all?

If it sporadically spins up irrationally, you might have a faulty ODD that keeps thinking it has a disk loaded.

jrg17:

Any budget level laptop would do with your requirements and that price range. Celerons and Pentiums as well as A4s, A6s, and even A8s should deliver the light multimedia performance you need (minus multimedia multitasking). It would help to spare some change so you can upgrade some of these to 4 GB RAM.

Some of the following are a few suggestions that offer the capabilities you may need and have the potential to deliver a bit more:

- Acer Aspire E5-771
    - Acer Aspire E5-521
    - Acer Aspire V5
    - ASUS X451Cx
    - ASUS X452Cx
    - Lenovo G40xx
    - Lenovo Y450
    - Lenovo G400s
    - MSI CR41
    - MSI CR42

Happy hunting.

Edit: Grammar check.

-- edited by Nelko on Sep 29 2014, 01:17 PM
  • Thanks Nelko. :)

Check ko yung specs ng mga sinend mo. I'm leaning towards ASUS. Thanks ulit!
  • hello sir nelko

ano po yung ibang laptops that you could recommend na nasa 25k budget
    core i3 na may vid card
  • Kindly recommend a laptop that i can use for playing DOTA2. Thanks!
  • ct9a:

- Acer Aspire E5-771
    - Acer Aspire E5-521
    - Acer Aspire V5
    - ASUS X451Cx
    - ASUS X452Cx
    - Lenovo G40xx
    - Lenovo Y450
    - Lenovo G400s
    - MSI CR41
    - MSI CR42

Aside from the E5-771 and the X452Cx, maybe the Z370 and Z470 from Lenovo.

To get any type of entry-level performance from a brand new notebook within a budget-level price bracket, especially in our market, you have to settle for older generation hardware. That, or get an APU-powered system. You could also get into the second-hand market.
  • ^ or you can try the Neo Ld5hl
  • Or that. If you can find a stock unit, I'd definitely recommend an Elan LD5HL. I'm hunting for one myself, even if it's second hand.
  • pull-out na daw samsung laptop dito sa PH??

buy sana ko nung ATIV 915S3G na may quad-core/4GB/128 SSD/13.3 touch screen.

ano pede alternative dito? impt. sa akin yung 4GB/SSD/touch screen.

salamat po
  • pull-out na daw samsung laptop dito sa PH??

Next year is what I heard. It was bound to happen. They got too invested in the Ultrabook market with almost half their products being ATIV, while still actively refreshing their Galaxy line and variants. And they invested all this by putting Apple as its main competition when they should have been focused against the Chinese brands. It was a good fight while it lasted.

I think you can still pull a few strings to get your hands on that beautiful 915S3G, but it will take a little engagement with Samsung concept shops to do the ordering for you. It will take two weeks or less, as it was for me with the very rare ATIV Pro 700T1C.
  • Hello sir Nelko

kanina the store where i purchased my x452cp contacted me and told me na i was given a demo unit. so i told the manager kung ano ang options that i wantin replace for the x452cp laptop.

so kanina nag punta ako sa megamall and konting add lang ng 3k and i got was a lenovo g40

http://www.it4u.my/product-862307.html

let me know sir kung sulit po itong unit na nabili ko po.

thank you again po
  • ct9a:

For a general purpose secondary machine, the G4070 is fine, unless you had certain expectations for your secondary notebook.

I'm sorry that your first choice didn't go as planned.

On another note, how were you able to exchange an ASUS for a Lenovo? Was it a concept boutique or one of those multiple brand shops?
  • it was those multiple brand shops.
    last night when i was testing my x452cp laptop i saw some private pics of someone of the 2nd partition. i called the shop where i brought the unit and they told me that it was a demo unit.

so i asked if i could get a refund for my money and he offered me that they have this lenovo laptop and if i could add 3k in exchange for the demo unit that they sold me.

so i went to the store talked with the manager and i got myself a lenovo g40-70
    4th gen intel core i3 1,9ghz with 2gb vid card.

last question sir nelko.

is the lenovo g40 durable laptop
  • ct9a:

Durable? Yes, it is as durable as any budget notebook could be. How long would it last? Sorry to say, the lottery theory applies here. The theorem's most popular version of its stipulation is synonymous with "life" and "lemons" -- sometimes, life just hands you one.

Quality assurance enters extremely stringent levels at the mid-level bracket. Especially with Lenovo (and their history of continuing with the Thinkpad tradition), quality comes first. It just so happens that they're willing to go further with quality for consumers who shell out more money.

In retrospect, they do have to compete with three Taiwan manufacturers who saturate the budget and entry level markets with so many SKUs. So of course, for Lenovo's products within these brackets, they've had to adapt. And the most lucrative adaptation was to mimic the same facets that their Taiwanese counterparts do so well. Since the Lemon wheel applies to the Taiwan brands, it shall be so with Lenovo.
  • Hello sir Nelko:

HP Pavilion 15-p035tx Notebook PC
    2 GHz Intel Core i7-4510U (w/ Turbo boost up to 3 GHz) with Intel HD Graphics 4400 4 MB cache
    8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)
    NVIDIA GeForce 840M (2 GB DDR3 dedicated)
    15.6" diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit (1366 x 768)
    1 TB 5400 rpm SATA
    SuperMulti DVD burner
    Integrated 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet LAN
    802.11b/g/n (1x1) and Bluetooth 4.0 combo
    Beats Audio with 2 speakers
    Full-size textured island-style with numeric keypad
    HP Imagepad with multi-touch gesture support
    1 multi-format SD media card reader
    External Ports
    2 USB 3.0
    1 HDMI
    1 RJ-45
    1 headphone/microphone combo
    38.45 x 26.02 x 2.39 cm
    2.27 kg
    4-cell (41 WHr) Li-ion

Im thinking of buying this laptop but my only concern is the ULV Core i7 processor since i will use it for gaming. Im not a fan of this ULVs sir because it suffers from its low base clock speed and i'm not sure if it really reaches its maximum boost. Can you enlighten me with this one sir nelko?

-- edited by Arvinsanity on Oct 01 2014, 12:08 PM
  • @ct9a:

im sorry if you're first laptop was bad.. but i think you should have refunded na lang.. and naghanap ka nung model na tulad nung 1st choice mo.. although wala naman problema na lenovo, i am a lenovo user myself and my 1st gen i3 laptop is almost 4years na.. its just a bad move shelling another 3k for a replacement laptop, dapat wala ka nang dinagdag kahit pa inofferan ka ng lenovo.. may problema yung unit mo diba? so its either palitan nila ng same model or irefeund nila binayad mo.. if they would offer another brand or unit, dapat same price lang or kung mas mataas ang presyo dapat ma-haggle mo na wala ka nang additional kase its a replacement.. in the first place, hinde naman yun ang choice mo.. but well i think ok lang naman sayo yung 3k.. and going back dun sa 1st choice mo - being a demo unit, dapat lesser price mo pa nga makuha yung asus..

but well, i think solve ka na jan sa lenovo.. if your unit have the lenovo energy management app, utilize it.. my battery can still pack up 100% charge despite its age.. specs wise, halos parehas lang.. lamang lang videocard nun lenovo.. medyo umiinit lang yan lalo na pag loaded ng applications, compare to asus ice cool technology (if they are still utilizing this for that model)
  • Arvinsanity:

ULVs aren't especially great at gaming, but they are very capable. ULVs will reach their maximum boosts, if cooling and supplied power permits. Due to the low TDP of ULVs in general, the opportunity for this happening is pretty often.

However, under sustained thermal generation, Haswell ULV CPUs will almost always trigger throttling. This is because their internal controller features not only control of system RAM but also control of its own voltage. Once even a slight change in voltage is implemented (either from within the CPU or from outside of it, such as the EC or PWM chips), the performance of the ULV CPU also changes accordingly. Ivy Bridge ULV CPUs do not exhibit these symptoms.

So it's not about the CPU in general but about the notebook itself. How thermal management was implemented, how power management was implemented, and what market they were aiming for with this particular SKU -- these all come into play. By going deeper into researching your particular SKU especially on its "issues" or "problems", you might be able to paint a clearer picture of how well your SKU was made and what needs to be done to compensate.

ULVs are power efficient CPUs. This means they will squeeze out every bit of performance for each unit of juice they consume. They tend to limit the amount of memory you're allowed to install (usually just two slots of SODIMMs). For DDR3, that's a maximum of 16 GB.
  • christiankyle:

being a demo unit, dapat lesser price mo pa nga makuha

I wish that were the case. When I scoured the Philippines for the first GT70 DE (at the worst time possible, as it would have been probably the last in the world), I also ended up with a demo unit. They say that it was the last stock they had in the Asia Pacific region -- a unit used as a primary demo unit in some shop in Singapore.

I paid full retail price. And it came with a defective GPU.
  • @Nelko:

Thank you sir for your advice and i admit im a bit confused regarding this kind of processors. I've searched for alternatives and i saw this one:

Acer Aspire V5-573G
    15.6 inch Full HD 1080p Led Display (1920x1080)
    Intel 4th Gen Haswell Core i7-4500U 1.80 GHz - 3.0GHz
    8 GB DDR3 1600Mhz
    1 Terabyte HDD
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M (4 GB dedicated Videocard)
    Original Windows 8.1 64-Bit
    Dolby Sorround Sound Speakers (Nice Audio Quality)
    Backlit Keyboard (Keyboard Light)

I think it will be slightly better than the Hp pavilion 15 p035tx regarding gaming performance since it has gt 750m (128 bit) while the other has only gt 840m (64 bit).
  • Arvinsanity:

I concur. The V Series is Acer's entertainment line. And the backlit keyboard will come real handy when the power problems of the Philippines rear their ugly heads again.

If you have found a unit for sale, it is worth a shot.
  • @Nelko salamat. sa info. Ofc laptop kase kaya di ko control purchasing. :(

Need suggestions po sa laptop na at least 4GB mem/SSD/13" Touch below 30k po.

salamat
  • @Nelko:

Again thank you sir for all your advice and i think i'll be getting this acer v5 573g since my eyes are on its gt 750m. My first choice before was the MSI GP60 (i3 variant) but it only has a gt 740m (64-bit)videocard.
  • umbertoeklat:

SSD, 13-inch, and touch-enabled? If you're looking for Ultrabook-certified notebooks, you won't find brand new ones at that price bracket.

I'll try and look for second-hand ones to see if it's feasible.

Three immediately come to mind: the S20 and the VAIO Duo, and the ATIV Pro. Man, did these three duke it out back in 2013... The S20 lost, of course.

I'll get back to you on this.
  • HI po mga sir. New here in Tipidpc

Asking for advices po kung anong magandang laptop at a price range of 25k-30k. Bang for the buck laptops. Thank you in advance!

-- edited by eTavish on Oct 01 2014, 11:12 PM
  • hi all,

May alam ba kayong store dito sa pinas/metro manila kung saan merong acer v5-473pg, dell vostro 5470 or something with the same specs?

thanks!!
  • Nelko:

That's the thing, the ATIV 915S3G-K02PH seems to be the only one in that bracket w/ 26K

I think I can live w/ a 64gb SSD + 4GB + touch (just not those 11" w/c I consider to be tablet size). And the budget just got bumped up slightly to 35K :)

Thanks!
  • umbertoeklat:

I think some stocks of the 915S3G (non-touch) may still exist. It would be worth taking a look at some of the major retailers at the main hubs (e.g., Megamall). If there isn't one to be seen, don't be shy to ask the store managers if they can call other branches for available SKUs.

eTavish:

You will need to be more specific: what would you use it for? How much "bang" would the following be to you?

- CPU
    - GPU
    - RAM
    - Hard drive
    - Brand, make, overall build quality
    - Size, color, appearance
    - LED quality, maximum supported resolution

...just to enumerate a few.

chengky:

Both units might still be available from some major retailers. More so with the Vostro, especially, since Dell doesn't refresh their line as fast as Acer does.
  • Hi sir nelko

please help me choose a laptop. 11.6inch and budget ko is 16k to 22k ok sana yung thinkpad edge 120 i3 pero out stock na sya.

Thanks
  • restoBoy:

Would a second-hand Neo Elan LD5HL work for you?

Product page of the LD5HW / LD5HL: <click here for link>

At that price range, coupled with the Core spec, you're looking for laptops without Windows 8. I know it's a little dated, but it still has a lot of kick for its size.

eTavish:

This recommendation also goes out to you, if you're looking for performance in general.

Who's Online

897 active users within the last minute, 496 members, 401 guests.
Our newest member is hontluk
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys