>

User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

Unified Laptop/Notebook/Netbook Users Thread Part 2 (NO Trading Allowed)

• Mga sir hingi lang po ako suggestion ano magandang bilhin na laptop ngaun, gagamitin po for video editing.

Mga 50k lang po budget namin.
  • Just built a i5 and gtx970 gaming desktop para madali kong maupgrade kung kelangan pag lumabas na ang oculus rift commercial version. Nasa sala sya mgayon pero kelangan ko na din maglaro sa kwarto pero limited space nga lang. Concerned ako sa upgradability at resel value ng laptop kung sakali di na nya kaya new games after 3 yrs kaya nagdesktop ako.

1. Magkano resale price ng sager laptop P60 to 80t orig price (i5/i7 gtx970m) after 3 years pag di nya na kaya new games? Madali bang iben?
    2. Magkano at aling laptop napapalitan cpu and or gpu? Maganda ba ito or sell n lng old laptop after 3 years then bile bago?

TLDR Any other suggestions sa situation ko na may gaming desktop sa sala pero kelangan kong maglaro sa kwarto na di na kasya ang desktop.

-- edited by djtron99 on Feb 26 2015, 11:30 AM
  • @monte6

MSI or Asus brand. Pde rin Toshiba. Basta just look at the specs. Kahit i5 or i7. Mas maganda kung malaki ang RAM mo since RAM intensive ang video editing. Pati processor mo. As well as, dapat may external hard drive ka kasi malaki kumain ng space ang video. Kung pde, mag SSD ka na rin para mabilis ang loading time.

Try checking the specs po muna bago bumili.
  • Guys,

Help. Hehe. Asus N550JK or G551JK? 6k ang price difference na nakita ko, worth it ba yung dagdag?

8gb ram sa N550JK, 16GB sa G551JK
    GPU DDR3 sa N550JK, GDDR5 sa G551JK

TIA.
  • Any comments on the phoenix wintab 8?
  • Guys,

Help. Hehe. Asus N550JK or G551JK? 6k ang price difference na nakita ko, worth it ba yung dagdag?

8gb ram sa N550JK, 16GB sa G551JK
    GPU DDR3 sa N550JK, GDDR5 sa G551JK

TIA.

san mo gagamitin laptop mo? kung gaming ang priority mo, go for the ROG G551JK.
  • @dtns

All around e, di lang purely games. Pero di rin ako hardcore gamer, pag may trip lang laruin.
  • @dtns

All around e, di lang purely games. Pero di rin ako hardcore gamer, pag may trip lang laruin.

go for the G551JK pa rin. may significant performance difference ang DDR5 sa DDR3 version ng GTX 850M.
  • Hello may ma recommend ba kayo Laptop na pang home office? Mas ok sana kung core i5... Budget is 25k. Thanks sirs
  • djtron99:

Like desktops, the obsolescence factor of notebooks are more skewed and less consistent. While in the past years, one could say that a notebook can run its useful lifetime in three years, that no longer holds truth since Intel has forked their technology toward portable computing. For conservatives, the regular recycling of hardware can still be enforced; hardware is changed every three to four years for environmental concerns but not due to performance deficits.

I can vouch that even the mid-tier notebooks of 2010 are still viable and relevant today. They are capable of running the latest games, despite a drop in quality settings to run smoothly on native resolutions. And yes, we are referring to Nehalem (Clarksfield / Arrandale) generation notebooks.

1. Magkano resale price ng sager laptop P60 to 80t orig price (i5/i7 gtx970m) after 3 years pag di nya na kaya new games?

Pricing is subjective and it all depends on how you view your notebook's value to you. Therefore, it shouldn't be surprising that if a notebook has great sentimental value to you, it would carry a premium to its price tag -- a reasonable cost that you consider as the price of letting go. Of course, if this premium is too high, your notebook will never be sold and thus, it can be deduced that you never intended to let go.

However, as a general rule of thumb (thus, being a general guideline only), the base value of your notebook at the very moment it has lapsed its warranty (usually 1 year) can be considered no more than half its marked price. This base value includes all added value inserts, upgrades, and / or embellishments to the notebook at their marked prices, but no firm ruling is in place for replacements.

Thus, if you bought a notebook for 80 grand, it could be considered worth 40 grand at the moment its warranty has expired. But if you replaced its battery for 2.5 grand, upgraded its hard drive for 4 grand, and managed to upgrade the memory for 3 grand, then you can consider its worth at 43.5 grand with compensations for the replacement agreed between you and the buyer.

Madali bang iben?

This concept is also subjective. By lowering the price, one can increase the chance that the notebook sells almost instantly.

But notebooks also have to compete in aspects beyond machine specifications. Two notebooks can be shelved for sale at exactly the same technical specifications and at the same price, but one gets sold first because its aesthetics are more appealing to the general crowd. It could be that a notebook has more vintage value due to its history or because it is the only one of its kind. Such notebooks are destined to sell first and foremost among the various SKUs that have been shipped over the years simply because they were designed with something unique and this catches the eye (and pockets) of casual shoppers and collectors.

If you're truly concerned about resale value, then be prepared to break your mould and stop searching for a prospective notebook that appeals to you and start searching for a notebook that appeals to everyone. You have to remember that most notebooks owners -- first timers or veterans -- purchase a notebook as a recourse of necessity, a tool for their more mobile or fast-paced lifestyle, or simply to own one for as long as possible. Resale is just an after-thought. Handing down notebooks or pawning them off is a reality.

2. Magkano at aling laptop napapalitan cpu and or gpu? Maganda ba ito or sell n lng old laptop after 3 years then bile bago?

Barebones and systems based on barebone models can have their CPUs and GPUs upgraded. The added customizability adds to their market value and their after-market hardware stamina. Due to Intel's technology uptick and its divide from nVIDIA's own technology uptick, you're most likely to find barebones that are more upgradable in the GPU spec than in the CPU spec.

Additionally, because Intel has begun forcing the BGA kit-spec for all of the modern notebooks, only the barebone notebooks have the potential to outdo future generations (e.g., a barebone with the appropriate chipset can upgrade to Extreme Edition CPUs, thus outperforming even the best fielded Core i7 HQ-spec CPUs out today -- with few exceptions).

And as you can see, there is appeal in delaying the obsolescence factor of your notebook another three years because you've just upgraded to the top of your notebook's class. This also improves its vintage factor (maximum technical specifications possible) and its resale value (being the only notebook of its kind).

Barebones that take performance and upgradability to the extreme are often found from Clevo. This Taiwanese ODM has had years of experience in the field and has only ever been contested by MSI, a neighboring Taiwanese OEM. The P751 / P771 are two such examples of how far they can go with features and upgradability on notebooks.
  • kabowmz:

Are you open to pre-owned notebooks? Core i5s are usually found at the 30 grand mark, but we can check some back channels to see if even a stripped-bare Core i5 SKU could fit into the 25 grand mark (a segment usually reserved for the Core i3 / Bay Trail-M CPUs).
  • Good day, everyone!

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask, but I'm looking to have my laptop cleaned and have its thermal paste replaced. I'd also like to upgrade its RAM. I have an Acer E1-451G. Any suggestions kung san ko pwede dalhin yung laptop? Preferably sa Makati area para malapit sa work. TIA! :)
  • xtianxd:

I'm only aware of the official Acer Service Center in Manila. But if you're suggesting having your notebook maintained through non-official means, I don't know much of the Makati area to afford any suggestions.
  • Noob question lang guys. I recently bought ASUS X500ze-0025h. it has a built-in battery. My question is that okay lang ba overnight nakasaksak while downloading? Natatakot kasi ako baka masira ung battery. Thanks in advance
  • Hi po, magpapasuggest lang po sana ako kung ano okay na laptop for programming? 20-30k po ang budget ko. main use ko po dito ay java programming.

salamat po :)
  • Mga sir, good buy pa ba ang Acer V5 122p A6 for 17k? If I'm not mistaken 2013 model pa kasi to.

If di nato good buy pa-suggest po ng laptop below 20k with touchscreen sana and with chic look narin sana. Will get one before the months ends so sana po may makasuggest.

Thanks po.
  • Saan po kayo nagpapalinis or nagpapapalit ng thermal paste ng mga laptop nyo? and how much?
  • May maisa-suggest ba kayong alternative sa Dell Inspiron 5437? Medyo bulky kasi tapos hindi naman magagamit yung ODD. Sayang lang.

Sana yung mas slim version nito. Hopefully nasa ~35k lang.

Thanks!
  • DieNasty:

My question is that okay lang ba overnight nakasaksak while downloading?

In practice, overcharging shouldn't be a problem for SBS-compliant notebooks which your X500 certainly is. The power management circuit, the embedded controller, and the battery's smart circuit should have several redundancies that ensure fully charged batteries do not get charged any further. However, this doesn't mean that the battery is disconnected from the circuit; it only means that current is not trickling into the battery. Charge can trickle out of the battery to supplement the notebook's power needs. Therefore, it shouldn't be surprising to see some batteries losing charge slowly over time even if the notebook is plugged to a power outlet.

Depending on which parts of the SBS standards have been implemented, you may also have batteries that begin charging once the battery level dips below a certain charge threshold.

Unfortunately, you're leaving your own personal safety and that of your home to the integrity of these circuits. And if any of them fail, you won't be forewarned. Removing a battery makes sense when you don't want extra heat in your system (a charging battery emits additional heat to the system). Whereas owners of notebooks with removable batteries can safely detach and store their batteries to avoid any undue incident, owners of internal battery systems cannot.
  • hxhkillua:

Java programming, especially when using NetBeans, would ordinarily require anything on a Pentium III-level of computing power, but performance at that level might be too sluggish for some. Unless you're using a much lighter IDE (or just Notepad or variants such as NotePad++), your machine ought to be about on the level of a Core i5 non-ULV processor. And notebooks with such components are above the 30 grand price range.

If you're going "lite" though, you can fare well with notebooks based on the Bay Trail-M derivatives, after upgrading System RAM to at least 4 GB:

- Acer Aspire E5-411 (C9T0, BT-M Celeron N2940, 2 GB RAM, IVB Intel HD Graphics, 500 GB HD, 14-in. HD TN)
    - Acer TravelMate B115-M (C1YD, BT-M Celeron N2930, 2 GB RAM, IVB Intel HD Graphics, 500 GB HD, 11.6-in. HD TN)

If you'd like to try out some pre-owned alternatives, these notebooks at the Items for Sale section might offer much more than what you'd get at brand new:

- Dell Latitude E6410 (N/A. Core i7 640M, 4 GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB, 320 GB HD, 14-in. WXGA+ TN)
    - HP Elitebook 2540p (N/A, Core i7 640LM, 4 GB RAM, Intel GMA HD, 250 GB HD, 12.1-in. XGA TN)
    - Sony VAIO E (N/A, Core i5 3120M, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 4000, 500 GB HD, 14-in. HD TN)

Edit: Corrections.

-- edited by Nelko on Mar 06 2015, 11:57 AM
  • shadow41:

Mga sir, good buy pa ba ang Acer V5 122p A6 for 17k?

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "good"? Do you have any other requirements for your notebook other than being chic? What do you intend to use it for?

The V5-122P is a student's choice of notebook, balancing out the need for ample power with power saving features. A Haswell ULV may provide a lot more in both power and savings, but those don't come cheaply as a low-power AMD A6 APU. It is quite possibly the solution for the void that the old Bobcat ultraportables left behind.

Another notebook that could compare is the Samsung Series 9 Lite, though it doesn't have the premium feel that the Aspire V5-122P or its more expensive relative, the Series 9 Ultra, has.
  • ^
    @Nelko

Maraming salamat po sa attention. The use of it will be mainly Word/Excel processing, browsing (yung di babagal with 10-15 pages/sites opened simultaneously), and most importantly to watch movies daw so good screen is a must.

Yung lang daw mainly paggagamitan.

I thought V5 122p is really good but I found out 2013 model pa pala to. So at 17k okay pa ba to?

As you said the v5 122p has premium feel so plus points to. Babae po bibili :)

Lastly, I checked one online seller and the A4 model 122P-42154G50 is more expensive than the A6 model Acer V5-122P-42154G50NSS.

Could that a4 model has IPS screen while the A6 has the old LED one? Search ko official acer site no info bout these AMD powered v5 122p eh.

Thanks ulit...

Who's Online

183 active users within the last minute, 109 members, 74 guests.
Our newest member is itsmekas11
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Want to Buys

Active Want to Buys