User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

Unified Laptop/Notebook/Netbook Users Thread Part 2 (NO Trading Allowed)

• @ Nelko

Wala po akong SKU sir Nelko. Eto lang po pwede ko maiprovide.. Mahirap po kasi maghanap nang laptop dito kasi kaunti lang po mga stores. Unlike po sa Manila. Di ko po kasi mahanap kung anong bit po ang video card.. Pasensya po sa abala sir Nelko.

http://www.villman.com/Product-Detail/Acer_E5-551G-812L
  • Hello guys, im looking for a 2in1 laptop like the asus t100.
    Are there better/cheaper alternatives?
  • jepvxx:

I found it.

The newly released Acer Aspire E5-551G equipped with APU is named Kaveri (Caffrey) of new products, manufactured by the 28nm process, integrated 2.4 billion transistors, four roller architecture CPU core, IPC performance compared hammers upgrade more than 18 %. Designed for parallel computing and next-generation gaming experience designed GCN architecture GPU, with eight set of modules, floating point performance of up to 856 GFlops. Support heterogeneous system architecture HSA, TrueAudio audio technology. The thermal design power TDP control 15-35W.

As gamers on the screen texture requirements continue to rise, in order to meet the "Condor Zero" kind of game with 3D picture effect, shows the core Acer also under the foot work. Acer Aspire E5-551G AMDRadeon R7 M265 series notebook with high-end graphics card , with six computing unit, 384 stream processors, core frequency up to 825MHz, 128-bit memory with 2GB DDR3 , the highest frequency of 3.2GHz, and because all GCN architecture, it supports DX11.2, OpenGL 4.2, Mantle. Compared with the previous generation Radeon HD 8750M, a new generation of Radeon R7M265 graphics performance increase of about 10%.

Source: Zol.com.cn (link is translated)
    <click here for link>

Emphasis added.

It's not a 100% solid confirmation for a Philippine SKU, but it does give some comfort to know that the official launch unit sports a 128-bit graphics memory width.
  • good morning mga sir, pa help naman po reformatting my netbook, idodowngrade ko po kasi siya sa windows xp, currently on windows7 e 1gb RAM lang po siya at talagang napakabagal, wala din po etong dvd-rom kaya thru flash drive (usb) po ang gagawin kong installation of windows. kaso ano po kaya problem ganito ang lumalabas at ayaw na magproceed sa mismong installation? wala naman virus ang laptop ko kasi nalinis ko na siya,
    External Image

External Image

patulong po mga sir please.. thanks
  • mga sir pa-suggest naman planning to buy laptop 30-40K budget

kaya ung mga needs ko:
    -atleast Core 15, 4GB and Good GPU (for playing games like DOTA, NBA2K14 or maybe future 2K15 hehehe)
    -Good Cooling System
    -Photoshop (simple editing lang)
    -No so much bulky para pwedeng dalhin ng asawa ko

@Nelko
    Acer Aspire E5-551G

sir good to buy na po ba to?

maraming salamat

-- edited by neonakama on Sep 21 2014, 10:36 AM
  • neonakama:

If you're looking to buy the E5 to satisfy these requirements:

-atleast Core 15, 4GB and Good GPU (for playing games like DOTA, NBA2K14 or maybe future 2K15 hehehe)
    -Good Cooling System
    -Photoshop (simple editing lang)
    -No so much bulky para pwedeng dalhin ng asawa ko

...then know that these are what the E5 can satisfy:

1. 4 GB RAM
    2. Good GPU
    3. Photoshop
    4. A little over 1 lbs. ( ~2.4 kgs. ), with an ultrabook profile

The processor is an ULV variant of A8s. It will perform less than a standard second generation i3 mobile processor but it performs like a fourth generation i3 ULV mobile processor and saves a lot on power.

The ultrabook profile leaves not many cooling options for the E5. If it does not overheat, then it's probably due to the CPU and GPU throttling themselves to compensate.

In the end, the decision is yours. The E5, in either SKU, is a budget solution, so there have been compromises made in order to keep the price low.
  • @ Nelko

Sir thank you po sa help. Compare po sa neo elan l31w san po ang best buy sa dalawa? Cheaper ko ang neo. I3 3110 2gb ram ang 740m video card.. Nalilito na po kasi ako sir.. Acer 29,990 vs neo 22,500..

-- edited by jepvxx on Sep 21 2014, 12:42 PM
  • @Nelko

so what can you suggest worth 30K Up?
  • jepvxx:

The Elan of course. The Elan series is the enthusiast / performance line of notebooks by Neo. Though cheaper (since they're assembled here in the Philippines), they are designed to deliver as advertised. I've never heard of the L31W yet, though.

Unfortunately, 2 GB of RAM is really pushing the price compromise. It's no wonder that it is cheaper. You'll probably need to purchase another 2 GB RAM (or a 4 GB RAM) SODIMM when you buy the L31W and have the store upgrade it for you.

Since you're far away from Manila, contact Neo's Support line to ask about your servicing / warranty options for your location and unit, just to be sure:

<click here for link>

neonakama:

For 30 grand up, you can find many notebooks to buy.

I think the limit should be set for the ceiling: how much can you afford to spend as a maximum for this new purchase? We can start from there.
  • @ Nelko

Ang concern ko po sir Nelko kung 2gb o 1gb po ang vram ng neo kasi sa ibang post 1gb tapos sa iba 2gb naman pero same model.. At baka po kasi sirain ang neo sir? Naghahabol po kasi ako kasi sale po kasi ngayon dito sa sm sa amin. May freebies po kasi pag today bibili. Bukas pi kasi di na sale sm..
  • @ Nelko

By the way sir Nelko salamat po sa pag entertain sa mga noob questions ko. Salamat po ng marami sir..
  • jepvxx:

I haven't had a problem with my LD7KW yet. So I don't think quality is much of an issue. It's the after-service support you need to worry about.

But since you're in a hurry, call Neo's hotline at 1-800-10-531-1671 to inquire how and where to have your warranty honored for the L31W, and how to register your unit for in-house warranty.

You have until 5:00 pm local time to do this.
  • @ Nelko

Wala po akong problema sa warranty sir Nelko kasi mas prefer ko po na ako na lang kumalikot sa lappy kesa sa iba. Ok po kaya sa games to sir? 740 po ksi graphics card nya pero 1gb lang.. Di ko din mahagilap kung 64 o 128 bit ba to kasi wala to sa site ng neo na model..
  • jepvxx:

It should run fine on medium settings and resolution as long as you upgrade the RAM up to 4 GB.

Size of memory is not exactly a defining factor of graphics performance as it will tie in with memory speed. 1 GB of VRAM probably means that the GT 740M is using GDDR5 memory, though I have doubts.

If this is a recently released model, it's possible that the graphics solution is based on the GK208 and is therefore 64-bit. There's no way to tell for sure until the model is tested with GPU-Z.
  • @ Nelko

Last question sir Nelko before i decide.. 740 64bit vs r7 m265? Kung kayo papipiliin sir san po sa acer vs neo? :(
  • jepvxx:

There's a slight theoretical difference that puts the R7 M265 in the lead -- if and only if the GT 740M uses a 64-bit bus. If we were to look at this only by GPU, the Acer trumps the Neo. Sadly, we need to consider CPU performance. Over time, it's how the CPU performs that eventually convinces a user to consider buying a new notebook.

Just consider that you will need to upgrade the Neo, and quite possibly, install your own OS. The E5 comes with both, and even if the performance isn't as good as the Neo could be, it will probably cause you less re-formatting headaches in the long run.

So, honestly? Neo. Both have a lot of factors where things could go wrong, but only the Neo offers the opportunity that if nothing goes wrong, it will beat the Acer E5 -- even if nothing goes wrong for the Acer either. I am a tinkerer, just like you (probably less skillful than you because I'm still training myself), so the upgrade and install doesn't faze me.
  • @ Nelko

I still have 2hrs to decide sir Nelko. Hehe if anything goes wrong ksi panalo ang neo kasi sa price. Ram lang need ko iupgrade. Same os lang din sila ni acer. Badtrip lang kasi dito kasi walang demo units.. Tapos kaunti pa stock. Once na magresearch ka naman by the time na nakapag decide ka na wala na si lappy. Haha hirap magdecide sir.. :( pero salamat po sa input sir Nelko..
  • @Nelko
    For 30 grand up, you can find many notebooks to buy.

I think the limit should be set for the ceiling: how much can you afford to spend as a maximum for this new purchase? We can start from there.

ok sir i-fix ko na po ng 35K max

thank you very much for helping

Who's Online

537 active users within the last minute, 311 members, 226 guests.
Our newest member is DarrenDom
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys