>

User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

Unified Laptop/Notebook/Netbook Users Thread Part 2 (NO Trading Allowed)

• question lang po, is an onboard RAM a disadvantage?

I just recently bought a laptop with a 4GB RAM soldered to the motherboard, may additional single slot naman for upgrade

I'm just curious kung durable and ganitong setup

laptop model is Asus K550JK with the following specs:

Core i7-4710HQ
    GeForce GTX 850M - 2GB RAM
    4GB DDR3L onboard RAM
    15.6 inches screen
    1TB HDD
  • @prysmos

available ba yan sa malls? and hm?

thank you
  • razorjay:

Follow up question. What if my 40 to 50k budget includes OS? what would be the best choice?

The Sager NP6659 includes an OS by default, but if you're looking for more locally available options, and they'd still be nowhere as good as the Sager NP6659:

- Acer Aspire V3-572PG (93RL, Core i7 4510U, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 840M 2 GB, 1 TB HDD, 15.6-in. HD GL TN)
    - Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series (5548, Core i7 5500U, 8 GB RAM, AMD Radeon R7 M270 2 GB, 1 TB HDD, 15.6-in. HD GL TN)
    - Lenovo IdeaPad Z50-70 (N/A, Core i7 4510U, 4 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 840M 2 GB, 1 TB HDD, 15.6-in. FHD GL TN)
    - MSI GE40-2OL (7147, Core i7 4710MQ, 4 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2 GB, 750 GB HDD, 14-in. HD+ AGL TN)

The GE40 will still be the best performer at the price tier until you hit the 60+ grand barrier.
  • mastercritic82:

compatible kaya ito kahit ang stock na RAM eh 8gb 1333 mhz? may silbi pa kaya yung additional 8gb RAM sa applications? salamat po sa sasagot.

1. Yes. The CPU's memory controller will set the clock rate at the lowest rate supported by the installed RAM SODIMMs.
    2. If you run a ton of them, yes. Image and video manipulation, emulation and virtual machine software would benefit from additional RAM.
  • Bogie67:

paano ang warranty claim kasi hindi naman physical store iyon? May receipt ba iyon na honor ng service center?

Both sites will have their share of individual sellers without retail representation, but there will be individuals who represent a retail shop of some design. You can make receipts a requirement for your purchase, and choose not to proceed if they cannot give you a valid one.

Receipts will still be needed for warranty claims, so yes, they are important, but not as important as who issued them. Service centers usually have a contract with a major retailer or an authorized distributor so they would only serve a customer who submits the right kind of receipt. Other third-party centers will practically serve anyone who can provide a receipt with a valid date but it will require valid ID for the name in the receipt and a proof of purchase (the customer's credit card receipt) if a credit card was used.
  • hxhkillua:

Hi po,

Ano po ba mas okay na laptop:
    Asus (X550ZE XX05H) 15.6"|A10 7400P, 4gb, 1tb, R5 M230 2gb, w8.1
    or
    Lenovo (Z50-75 80EC0023PH) 15.6\"|A10 7300M, R6 M255DX 2gb, 4gb, 1tb

30k po budget, use is mostly for programming and some light gaming.
    Pasuggest naman po ngniba pang okay. Mas prefer ko po sana 13" kaso yan ang nakita kong swak sa budget na okay ang specs.

Salamat po :)

Well, the 025H SKU of the ASUS X550ZE is decent choice with a grand advancement in DDR3 memory technology for its price tier (uses a DDR3 1866 memory controller). Also, the specifications might be a tad wrong in some respects: both notebooks use APUs with their own on-die GPUs that aren't specifically identified in the tech spec sheets, so it would be likely that both notebooks have dual GPU options that can function together (such as the R6 M255DX, which is actually a term to describe an on-die R5 coupled with anything from an R5 230 to an R5 255).

Now it is unclear whether the on-die GPU must be an R5 for the hybrid Crossfire to work or that both GPUs must be R5 (the 7400P is documented as using an on-die R6), but as it is coupled with an R5 M230 dedicated option, there might be a small chance than they can butt heads for better number crunching performance thanks to GCN 1.1. Either way, AMD ensures that with Enduro, you have the power to choose between Crossfire or on-die GPU or dedicated GPU.

Performance for this particular Crossfire combination will not be significant for the latest games and will suffer from micro stuttering as with all AFR methods, but it will help with older ones (circa 2010 to 2013).
  • prysmos:

Soldered RAM is a disadvantage if the module soldered isn't the highest capacity that the slot could support. It is also a disadvantage when it fails, because the CPU's memory controller will no longer be able to apply dual channel mode that would be a benefit to certain compute aspects as well as on-die GPU performance. There's also a chance that the soldered RAM may not just die but fall into defect, thereby causing any number of crash symptoms or application errors while it is continuously being used. And because it is soldered, you just can't get rid of it until you have it serviced.
  • @Nelko

Thanks for the info. I'll check the 025 SKU. Can you recommend other laptops within the budget? It is okay if it is not AMD.
  • mga sir pahelp naman sa situation ko

my HDD 1TB died, i have recovery CD and bought new SSD 250 GB, cannot continue pag ginagamit ko yung recovery cd kasi di daw same size.

now ang problem ko wala naman tong OEM installation CD, much worse wala ding CD key, based on my research, embeded sa BIOS ang CD key.

pahelp naman po on steps to restore my laptop: Inspiron 17R SE (7720) without msata caching. TIA sa makakatulong.
  • @baldo_1013

I'm not sure kung meron sa mga malls, bought in bangkok for 27,000 baht with Win8 OS SL, roughly mga 35,500+ sa peso

very similar ang specs nya sa N550JK but without the aluminium palm rest and touch screen panel, mas mababa din lang resolution although same 15.6 inches screen

@Nelko

salamat sa input, I've looked at other models of Asus, most of their X series and ultrabooks ganito ang setup which is soldered ang RAM, sana wag lang maging faulty pag tagal, although may 2 years naman syang warranty

@lexluthor_26

if your laptop is Windows 8/8.1 download the MS media creation tool, choose the exact OS you have originally, like anong language, edition and architecture, you can choose what media to choose, either direct to USB or an ISO file

once downloaded and ready for installation, just install normally, pag nagtanong ng product key, use a generic key which you can easily google

once installed, download RWEverything to see your OEM product key, then activate it using that key

when I did that method to my laptop when I upgraded to an SSD and wanted a clean install, hindi na sya nag tanong ng product key and direct install and activated na din

HTH

-- edited by prysmos on Apr 17 2015, 03:20 AM
  • Hi All.. pa recommend naman ng best laptop around 15k. For school lang, mostly MS applications and onting movies.

Thanks!
  • mga boss, pa recommend naman ng laptop na pwede i-run 24/7. gagamitin mainly for monitoring application at kaunting gaming. mid-range laptop lang po budget is 30-45k. - TIA
  • MGa boss feedback po....Lenovo Z40 Intel Haswell i5 4GB 500HDD GT820M FHD 25k po sya. buy ko para sa anak ko. pang school and hon and lol and sc2. may gaming pc naman sya.

although mas gusto nya is FLEX 2. 30k

-- edited by phoenix11 on Apr 18 2015, 07:57 PM
  • hi peeps,

pa enlighten na lang po , kasi medyo nagbabalak kami bumili ng laptop and napansin namin na sizeable talaga ang difference ng mga online sellers(tipid pc /olx) and physical stores

medyo nagaalangan din dahil sa 7 days warranty given , since the normal warranty is 1 year di ba?pwede ba magclaim ng warranty kung sakali in authorized service center?

inireregister ba yung unit's serail number for warranty purposes online? if not will a receipt from(assuming they(online sellers) provide such receipts?

also , is Lenovo quality as in durability is good?i know that Thinkpads are durable but yung other model line nila is it ok?Asus ?Toshiba?

of this 3 brands ba which stands out as durable talaga?
  • Guys ano po ba masasabi ninyo sa Lenovo Z40 or Z50?

Will use it for browsing, watching videos, photo editing.

Thanks!
  • Hi! I'm currently interested in the ASUS x453ma. Any thoughts? Main purpose will be for office applications, browsing and some movies. Thanks!

Who's Online

275 active users within the last minute, 159 members, 116 guests.
Our newest member is mje012
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Items for Sale

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys