Forum Topic

Say your prayer here or your prayer request. please respect this thread

• For the Spirit of Prayer

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, oh Lord. Let your Holy Spirit guide me in my prayer and in thought, and grant me the grace to listen and hear your Word. Soften my heart, that I may be directed by your truth, and not the devices of my body and mind. In the name of Christ I ask this,
    Amen.

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: Colossians 3:12-17
    ** Forgiveness **

Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.

And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body.

And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
  • Immeasurable

Today's Word

Today's Scripture
    "...so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." (Ephesians 2:7, ESV 7)

In another translation of today's Scripture, the apostle Paul said that we would see "the immeasurable (limitless, surpassing) riches of His free grace (His unmerited favor)." That's favor as we've never seen before. That's how the word "explosion" is defined. It means a "sudden, widespread increase." That's what God wants to do for us. Suddenly. You won't expect it. It's out of the ordinary, and it's not small. It's so amazing you know it had to be the hand of God.

You may think your situation is permanent. You don't see how you can ever rise any higher and accomplish your dreams. All the calculations are telling you that you'll never get out of debt, but God is saying, "You need to get ready. You haven't seen My explosive blessings. You haven't seen the immeasurable, limitless, surpassing greatness of My favor. I will bless you beyond your normal income. I have blessings that will catapult you years ahead. I have increase that goes beyond your calculations."

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for Your unlimited favor and supply of everything I need in this life. Thank You that I can take the limits off because I know all things are possible to You. I open my heart to You and ask You to increase my capacity to receive the riches of Your free grace. In Jesus' Name, Amen."
  • Prayer to Conform to God’s Will

O Lord God, I am so lukewarm towards you so much of the time, in so much of my life. I try not to admit it to myself, but I read your Word and I can see the gap between what you want for me and what I do. I make excuses. You tell us to pick up our cross and follow Jesus, imitating Him in all we do, but the lure of property, politics, entertainment — all of the matters of this world — is powerful. I concern myself with them constantly, ignoring the plain and simple message of the Bible. I live too much in the secular world, anxious for status and concerned about my future.

Have patience with me, mighty God, and forgive me. Do not spew me out, as you have warned you might do with the lukewarm. Fill my soul with the fire of your Word and help me grow, to put more and more confidence in you and less and less in the world before me; forgive me my sins and help me to live in them less and less today, and every day, that I might more perfectly follow your commandments. In Christ’s name I pray,
    Amen.

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: Romans 3:1-8
    ** God’s Righteousness Upheld **

Then what advantage has the Jew? Or what is the value of circumcision? Much in every way. To begin with, the Jews were entrusted with the oracles of God. What if some were unfaithful? Does their faithlessness nullify the faithfulness of God? By no means! Let God be true though every one were a liar, as it is written,

“That you may be justified in your words, and prevail when you are judged.”

But if our unrighteousness serves to show the righteousness of God, what shall we say? That God is unrighteous to inflict wrath on us? (I speak in a human way.) By no means! For then how could God judge the world? But if through my lie God's truth abounds to his glory, why am I still being condemned as a sinner? And why not do evil that good may come?—as some people slanderously charge us with saying. Their condemnation is just.
  • A Fresh Supply

Today's Scripture
    Then the LORD said to Moses, "I will rain down bread from heaven for you. The people are to go out each day and gather enough for that day." (Exodus 16:4, NIV)

When the Israelites were in the desert headed toward the Promised Land, God gave them manna to eat each morning. It was something like bread that formed on the ground and only lasted for one day before spoiling. Every morning you had to gather a fresh supply.

Similarly, Jesus taught us to pray, "Give us this day our daily bread." He didn't say our weekly bread.

Every day you need to go to God for your wisdom and direction. The word "manna" in Hebrew is translated, "What is it?" When we go to God daily for that fresh manna, the right attitude is, "God, what is it that You want me to do? What is the right path today?"

Are you getting your daily manna? Are you checking in to get your brand-new assignment each morning, asking God, "What is it?" It's available. It has your name on it.

Remember, you can't live off yesterday's manna. Take time each day to ask God to lead you down the right paths for your life.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You that I can come to You for my daily wisdom and direction for my life. Thank You for the new assignments and fresh ideas You give. Show me the right path for my life, and replenish my supply of grace to overcome every challenge I face. In Jesus' Name, Amen."
  • To Give Our Will to God

Take, Lord, and receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my entire will, all that I have and possess. You have given all to me. To you, Lord, I return it.

All is yours now; dispose of it wholly according to your will. Give me only your love and your grace; that is enough for me.
    Amen.

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: John 8:12-20
    ** Jesus Defends His Self-Witness **

Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

So the Pharisees said to him, “You are bearing witness about yourself; your testimony is not true.” Jesus answered, “Even if I do bear witness about myself, my testimony is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going, but you do not know where I come from or where I am going. You judge according to the flesh; I judge no one.

Yet even if I do judge, my judgment is true, for it is not I alone who judge, but I and the Father who sent me. In your Law it is written that the testimony of two people is true. I am the one who bears witness about myself, and the Father who sent me bears witness about me.”

They said to him therefore, “Where is your Father?” Jesus answered, “You know neither me nor my Father. If you knew me, you would know my Father also.”

These words he spoke in the treasury, as he taught in the temple; but no one arrested him, because his hour had not yet come.
  • Validation

Today's Scripture
    The devil led him to Jerusalem and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. "If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down from here." (Luke 4:9, NIV)

The enemy wanted Jesus to show how powerful He really was, to impress the people at the temple. But Jesus wouldn't use His power for the wrong motives, just to bring attention to Himself. Before He was crucified, He said, "I could have called ten thousand angels to save Me, but I'm not living to prove who I am. I'm living to fulfill My purpose." When your motives are right, and you need favor, you need a breakthrough, God will step in and make things happen that you couldn't make happen.

One thing that Jesus was showing us is that you don't need people's validation. You may have the power or talent or funds to prove something, to impress, or to get even, but you realize it's a distraction from your purpose. You have to be determined. "I am not going to give in to the temptation to prove, to compete, to outperform, to show people that I'm strong enough, smart enough, or talented enough. I have nothing to prove because I am a child of God."

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You that You have given me everything I need to fulfill my purpose. Thank You that I am enough because You made me just as I am, and I have Your approval. I believe and declare that I am talented enough, I am smart enough, and I am strong enough. In Jesus' Name, Amen."
  • Prayer for Help With Finances

Dear God,

I surrender my financial affairs and concerns about money to your Divine care and love.
    I ask that you remove my worries, anxieties, and fears about money, and replace them with faith.
    I know and trust that my debts will be paid and money will flow into my life.
    I have only to look to nature to see proof of the abundance you provide.
    I release all negative thoughts about money, and know that prosperity is my true state.
    I commit to being grateful for all that I now have in my life.
    I learn to manage my finances wisely, seeking help where needed.
    And finally, I ask you to help me understand my purpose in life and to act on that purpose with courage and strength. I know that prosperity will come, in part, by doing work I love. Please help me use my skills and knowledge to be of service in the world.
    Thank you, God.
    Amen!

~Lynn Robinson
  • Prayer For Love

Lord God, I thank you for all the love you have shown me: the love of family, the love of friends and fellow believers, and above all the inestimable love of my Lord Jesus Christ, which showers me and washes away the soil of this world. Like a great waterfall it gushes without ceasing, overwhelming every sin and pain the world can dish out.

Forgive my failures to love you fully in return, Lord. Forgive me for all the times I have disappointed those who love me or have disappointed you by failing those who might not even know who I am, but whom you have given me to love or help. Where I have brought sadness, anger or pain into the world, I pray that you forgive me, even if those who I have hurt will not or cannot.

And lead me henceforth to follow your example in all that I do, showing forth your love and grace in my every word and act. Let me be as constant and steadfast as Christ, even to the point of pain and death, should I ever be called to such sacrifice. Let me wash the feet of the world as you did, Holy Lord, for if there was no humility too great for you in your life, who am I to puff up in pride?

And I pray that you will accept my small and tarnished loving without judgment, but by your grace; and that your Holy Spirit will guide me in my imperfect love, to strengthen it, that, through me, the world may get a small glimpse of your love. Amen.

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: Romans 3:9-18
    ** No One Is Righteous **

What then? Are we Jews any better off? No, not at all. For we have already charged that all, both Jews and Greeks, are under sin, as it is written:

“None is righteous, no, not one;
    no one understands;
    no one seeks for God.

All have turned aside; together they have become worthless;
    no one does good, not even one.”

“Their throat is an open grave;
    they use their tongues to deceive.”

“The venom of asps is under their lips.”
    “Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness.”

“Their feet are swift to shed blood;
    in their paths are ruin and misery,
    and the way of peace they have not known.”

“There is no fear of God before their eyes.”
  • Single Day Turnaround

Today's Scripture
    And Pharaoh declared to Joseph, "I, the king of Egypt, swear that you shall have complete charge over all the land of Egypt." (Genesis 41:44, TLB)

After thirteen years of being imprisoned in Egypt for a crime he didn't do, there was nothing in Joseph's circumstances that looked as if he would ever accomplish his dream of ruling a nation.

But one day Joseph was called before Pharaoh to interpret Pharaoh's dream, and Pharaoh was so impressed that he made Joseph the prime minister of Egypt. On the previous day, if you had told Joseph this would happen, he would have said, "Are you kidding? Don't you see these bars?"

You may be in an unfair situation that seems as though it's never going to turn around. You don't need everyone to be for you; you just need the right people to be for you. God has already lined up people in positions of influence who will open doors you couldn't open and bring you opportunities and promotion that you didn't see coming.

As was true for Joseph, you don't have to find them, they will find you. It is the hand of God in your life.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You that what so often looks like trouble or a setback is really Your hand moving me toward Your purpose. Thank You that what's unfair is going to push open doors and bring opportunities I could never experience without it. Help me to be patient while You work things out. In Jesus' Name, Amen."
  • Prayer for Generosity

Dearest Lord, teach me to be generous.
    Teach me to serve you as you deserve –
    to give and not to count the cost,
    to fight and not to heed the wounds,
    to toil and not to ask for rest,
    to labor and not to seek reward,
    except to know, my God, that I do your will. Amen.

~ St. Ignatius of Loyola (1540)

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: John 8:21-24
    ** You Will Die in Your Sins **

So he said to them again, “I am going away, and you will seek me, and you will die in your sin. Where I am going, you cannot come.” So the Jews said, “Will he kill himself, since he says, ‘Where I am going, you cannot come’?”

He said to them, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.”
  • Don't Look Back

Today's Scripture
    "My eyes are swollen with weeping, and I am but a shadow of my former self." (Job 17:7, NLT)

In the Scripture, Job's life was suddenly shattered by great personal losses as well as a devastating illness. Although Job honored God with all of his life, he experienced a difficult test of his faith that he didn't understand.

Maybe like Job, you feel like a shadow of what you used to be. At one time you were healthy and strong, but now you're weak and tired from fighting an illness. At one time you were blessed in your business, but now you're barely making it. Or at one time you had a great marriage, but now you're just trying to keep it together.

Fortunately, Job's story did not end there, and neither will yours. God eventually turned it around and brought Job out with twice what he had before. After the heartache, after the loss, after the sickness, after the divorce, you're going to see years of health, happiness, and favor to where you don't look back and dwell on what you've been through. Bad breaks are not your destiny; double is coming.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You that no matter how I feel about a challenge, nothing and no one can stop You from turning it around. Thank You that my story doesn't end trapped in difficulties or bad breaks. Help me to know that this too shall pass and double blessing is coming. In Jesus' Name, Amen."
  • Prayer for This Day

Holy God, I pray in the name of Christ that you will this day increase my faith in the sweet promises of the Gospel. Give me repentance from dead works. Pardon my wanderings, & direct my thoughts unto thyself, the God of my salvation. Teach me how to live in thy fear, labor in thy service, and ever to run in the ways of thy commandments.

Make me always watchful over my heart, that neither the terrors of conscience, the loathing of holy duties, the love of sin, nor an unwillingness to depart this life, may cast me into a spiritual slumber. But daily frame me more and more into the likeness of thy son Jesus Christ, that living in thy fear, and dying in thy favor, I may in thy appointed time attain the resurrection of the just unto eternal life.

Bless my family, friends & kindred; unite us all in praising & glorifying thee in all our works begun, continued, and ended, when we shall come to make our last account before thee blessed Saviour, who hath taught us thus to pray, our Father.
    Amen.
    ~ from a prayer of George Washington

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: Romans 3:19-20
    ** The Law is Knowledge of Sin **

Now we know that whatever the law says it speaks to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be stopped, and the whole world may be held accountable to God. For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.
  • Payback

Today's Scripture
    For we know him who said, "Justice belongs to me; I will repay them"; who also said, "The Lord himself will handle these cases." (Hebrews 10:30, TLB)

We all have to deal with unfair situations and people who do us wrong. You can't live very long without someone talking badly about you or leaving you out, without being cheated or having a friend not keep their word. It doesn't seem right when you're being your best and someone else's choices put you at a disadvantage and sets you back.

But God says He will repay the exact compensation owed you and settle your account.

God sees who did you wrong and what it cost you. He is saying, "Don't worry. I'm going to pay you back. I'm going to make it up to you." You don't have to get even or vindicate yourself. The Most High God is going to settle your account. You are not at the mercy of how other people have treated you. They don't control your destiny.

Stay encouraged. God is not going to leave your account in a deficit. No, get ready. Payback is coming. God is a just God. He's going to settle your account for you.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You that You are a God of justice, and You keep the accounts. Thank You that You've seen everything I've gone through, and payback is coming. I believe that You will settle my accounts and I can leave it in Your hands. In Jesus' Name, Amen."
  • Prayer for the Morning

Heavenly Father, I give you a million thanks that I have woken up alive this morning, once again to witness the magnificence, the glory of your creation. Even on the dreariest of days, when the weather doesn't suit me, let me rejoice in the taste of heaven you give us on earth. For the hottest, muggiest day; the coldest and most bitter weather; the clouds, the rain, the wind and snow, the lightning and thunder — these are all your creations, oh Lord, and all of them have a great beauty if I just take the time to see it.

Should I be blind, what would I give to see the cloudy rainy day that I complain about? Should I be deaf, how much I would long to hear your thunder! When I lie dying, how sweet it will seem to have been bundled up against a chill wind, or to be soaked in sweat as I work in the heat and humidity.

Let me be always filled with gratitude for the world you have given me, great God, Father and creator of all that is.
    Amen.

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: John 8:25-30
    ** The One Who Sent Me is With Me **

So they said to him, “Who are you?” Jesus said to them, “Just what I have been telling you from the beginning. I have much to say about you and much to judge, but he who sent me is true, and I declare to the world what I have heard from him.”

They did not understand that he had been speaking to them about the Father. So Jesus said to them, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he, and that I do nothing on my own authority, but speak just as the Father taught me.

And he who sent me is with me. He has not left me alone, for I always do the things that are pleasing to him.” As he was saying these things, many believed in him.
  • Don't Miss Your Moment

Today's Scripture
    On the day Jonah entered the city, he shouted to the crowds: "Forty days from now Nineveh will be destroyed!" (Jonah 3:4, NLT)

God told the prophet Jonah to tell the people of Nineveh that in forty days He was going to destroy their wicked city. God put a time period on it. He was saying, "You have forty days to get your lives right." He didn't say, "Whenever you feel like it is okay, just as long as you do it." When Jonah told the people, they and their king immediately confessed their sorrow and declared a fast of repentance. They didn't wait a week or twenty days, and God spared the city.

Is there something you could change in the next forty days, and you would see God's favor in a new way? Maybe God is saying, "You have this much time to get your priorities in order, to forgive that person, or to get serious about your relationship with Me." I don't know what it is for you, but there's a window of grace that doesn't last forever. It comes with a time limitation. Don't miss your moment. Be quick to obey.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for how You speak to my heart and for giving me windows of grace that help me change and see Your favor in new ways. Help me to be sensitive to Your still, small voice and hear any alarms, promptings, and suggestions, and to be quick to obey. In Jesus' Name, Amen."
  • This Can Be Your Legacy

Today's Scripture
    "For my own honor and for the sake of my servant David, I will defend this city and protect it." (2 Kings 19:34, NLT)

In 2 Kings 19, King Hezekiah, one of David's descendants, was on the throne in Judah. The powerful Assyrian army was about to attack Jerusalem, and Hezekiah didn't stand a chance. But when he prayed and asked God to help them, that very night an angel destroyed 185,000 in the Assyrian camp, and the Assyrian king went home. Hezekiah was so thrilled, and I can imagine he wondered why God had given him such favor.

Today's Scripture answers that: "for the sake of my servant David." This took place nearly three hundred years after David died, yet David's legacy of seeds of obedience, seeds of helping others, and seeds of honoring God were still producing fruit in his family line.

Every time you help someone in need and make sacrifices for them to go further, you're sowing a seed not only for you to go further, but for those who come after you in your family line to go further. They will see favor and protection because you made decisions that honor God.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for the remarkable possibility that the seeds of obedience and of helping others I am sowing today can continue to bless my descendants for many generations. Help me to leave a legacy that honors You and produces good fruit long after I am gone. In Jesus' Name, Amen."
  • For a Christian Life

O Christ, you came so that we might have life, and have it more abundantly,
    grant me, throughout this day, power in my love,
    strength in my humility,
    purity in my zeal,
    kindness in my laughter,
    and your peace in my heart at all times.
    Amen.

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: Romans 3:21-26
    ** The Righteousness of God Through Faith **

But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it—the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe.

For there is no distinction: All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith.

This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
  • Who Defines You?

Today's Scripture
    "For the accuser of our brothers and sisters has been thrown down to earth--the one who accuses them before our God day and night." (Revelation 12:10, NLT)

Some people will try to define you by your mistakes. They'll stick labels on you, reminding you of the times you failed, the times you compromised, the times you didn't measure up. When you go through one bad season, don't be surprised if people say, "God's not going to bless you. You gave into temptation. You're divorced. Your business failed."

Don't let people label you. They can't stop what God has ordained for your life. The only person who can stop you is you. If you believe the lies from the accuser of the brethren, that will keep you from your destiny. You may have failed, but you're not a failure. That was a moment in your life, that was one season, and it doesn't determine your future. You can't stop others from putting a negative label on you, but you can take it right off. "I'm not defined by my mistakes. I'm defined by what God says about me. I am forgiven. I am redeemed. My failures are in my yesterday."

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You that there are no negative labels that can stick to those who are in Christ Jesus, and that includes me. Thank You that I am not defined by my mistakes and failures, but I am defined by what You say about me. I am forgiven and redeemed and free from condemnation. In Jesus' Name, Amen."
  • To Live in the Spirit
    Holy Spirit of God, I pray for commitment and enthusiasm in every good work, showing the happiness and cheerfulness that comes only when we work for you. Let me live in your presence. Give me patience in difficulties, Lord, being happy and cheerful as I place my trust in you. Show me how to live in your presence. When difficulties arise, teach me to be patient.

I resolve to welcome others and to be generous with those in every sort of need. May I never curse others, but bless them, even when they have not been good to me. Help me to do all I can to live in peace with everyone. Let me support and encourage others by rejoicing with those who are happy, and sharing the sadness of those who are in sorrow.

May I never look down on another person, but always be positive and helpful towards my fellow man. May I be as concerned for those who can do nothing for me in return as for those who are very close to you. Lord, let me break the cycle of evil, conquering it with goodness, for only with your help and your strength can I live fully in obedience to your Word.

In Christ’s name I pray, Amen.
    (Inspired by Romans 12)

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: John 8:31-41

So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” They answered him, “We are offspring of Abraham and have never been enslaved to anyone. How is it that you say, ‘You will become free’?”

Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who practices sin is a slave to sin. The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son remains forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. I know that you are offspring of Abraham; yet you seek to kill me because my word finds no place in you. I speak of what I have seen with my Father, and you do what you have heard from your father.”

They answered him, “Abraham is our father.” Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham's children, you would be doing the works Abraham did, but now you seek to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. This is not what Abraham did. You are doing the works your father did.” They said to him, “We were not born of sexual immorality. We have one Father—even God.”
  • Say No

Today's Scripture
    "For the one who sows to his flesh, will reap from the flesh ruin and destruction, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life." (Galatians 6:8, AMP)

When we sow to the Spirit, when we do the right thing when it's hard, we're going to reap blessings, favor, increase, abundant and eternal life. But if we keep giving into our fleshly, carnal desires, doing whatever we feel - I feel lazy, so I'm taking a sick day. I feel like compromising, so I'm giving into this temptation. I feel like staying up all night and being on the internet, so I'll skip classes tomorrow you'll only reap ruin and destruction.

But when you discipline yourself to take the high road, when you tell your flesh no, you're sowing to the Spirit. It may not happen overnight, but if you keep making those choices, a great harvest is coming. The next time your feelings tell you to get upset, to be offended, or to compromise, just say, No, you're not my boss. You don't control my life. I'm going to do what s right and become all I was created to be.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You that I can choose to be disciplined and say no to the flesh and its desires. Thank You that every day I can take my feelings off the throne and allow Your Spirit to control my life. Help me to sow to the Spirit and do what's right. In Jesus' Name, Amen."
  • Prayer to Submit My Day to God

Almighty God, who has given me life and breath, and another day: I do not know what this day might bring. For men make plans, and their plans come to naught, as you will it. Thus I take this day out of my hands and submit it to your will. Make me this day your servant, that I might find my hand at the tasks you have meant for me to do, and might do them as well as I can. For there is nothing better than a person should rejoice in his work, to your glory and for the love of his neighbors, as you have commanded us through your Son. In His name, I pray, let my day be yours, and let it be filled with goodness and faith.
    Amen.

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: Romans 3:27-31

Then what becomes of our boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? By a law of works? No, but by the law of faith. For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law.

Or is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also, since God is one—who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith.

Do we then overthrow the law by this faith? By no means! On the contrary, we uphold the law.
  • Morning Is Coming

Today's Scripture
    "Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning." (Psalm 30:5, NKJV)

You may have shed some tears of sadness over what hasn't worked out, over dreams that haven't come to pass, over disappointments, over the loss of a loved one.

The Scripture says that God is going to turn your mourning into dancing and those tears of sorrow into tears of joy. It may not have happened yet, but it's not over. What God promised you doesn't have an expiration date. It's still on the way.

Your morning is coming. Your baby is coming, your healing is coming, your restoration is coming, your breakthrough is coming. When it happens, it's going to be more rewarding, more fulfilling than you ever imagined.

Too often we disqualify ourselves. We think it would have happened if we had more faith, or hadn't made so many mistakes, or were just good enough to deserve it. But God is full of mercy and doesn't bless us based on our performance. What He promised is still going to come to pass. What He started, He's going to finish. Joy is on the way.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You that in times of sadness, when I don't see the way out or a loss seems too great, I can know that it's only for a night. Thank You that the morning is coming, and the tears of sorrow will be turned to joy. I believe the dancing You promised is on the way. In Jesus' Name, Amen."
  • Greatness Out of Messes

Today's Scripture
    "God heard the boy crying..." (Genesis 21:17, NIV)

At the age of sixteen, Ishmael found himself abandoned in the desert--confused, rejected, out of water and food. He was born and raised in the dysfunctional relationship between his mother and Abraham and Sarah. He was paying the price for the strife and division in the family that he was not responsible for and could not control, dealing with the consequences of their poor choices. Sent away from his home and about to die, this young man's cry was heard by God, who not only saved him and his mother but promised to make a great nation out of Ishmael.

God was showing us that He knows how to bring greatness out of a great mess. You may have had a rough start, the odds have been against you, but God is watching over you. He knows what you didn't get. He knows who wasn't in your life. He knows the pain, the betrayal, and the hurt.

Call out to Him. He has a plan to make more out of your life than you ever imagined.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You that You are watching over me, and You know what I didn't get and who wasn't there for me. Thank You that You have a plan for how to deal with the past and make me into more than I've ever imagined. I believe that because You are my Father, I can still do great things. In Jesus' Name, Amen."
  • Prayer for the Morning

Heavenly Father, I do not fear this day, for you are with me wherever I might go, your light to shine ahead, your footsteps to lead the way. I do not fear this day, for your word will be my guide. Your strength will sustain me and your love revive me, this day and all days. I do not fear this day, for you are with me. In the name of Christ, I call upon you.
    Amen.

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: John 8:41-47
    ** Children of Abraham [Part 2] **

They (the Jewish listeners) said to him, “We were not born of sexual immorality. We have one Father—even God.”

Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I came not of my own accord, but he sent me. Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear my word.

You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies. But because I tell the truth, you do not believe me. Which one of you convicts me of sin?

If I tell the truth, why do you not believe me? Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God.”
  • Prayer for Contentment

Heavenly Father, I have spent my life constantly wanting more. Let me be content. If I am having trouble paying my bills, let me look to those who live in cardboard shacks without clean water; if my vision is poor, let me help the blind; if my mobility is impaired, let me visit a prison filled with those who can walk and run; if I envy the young, let me pray for those who were killed by their mothers in the womb.

I too often look to those who have something I do not, or more of something I want; let me give thanks for the great bounty you have showered upon me, oh Lord, remembering in my envy and pain that all I have is a gift from you. In the name of Christ I pray,
    Amen.

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: Romans 4:1-8
    ** Abraham and David Justified by Faith **

What then shall we say was gained by Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh? For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness.”

Now to the one who works, his wages are not counted as a gift but as his due. And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness, just as David also speaks of the blessing of the one to whom God counts righteousness apart from works:

“Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven,
    and whose sins are covered;
    blessed is the man against whom the Lord will not count his sin.”
  • The Enemy's Works Destroyed

Today's Scripture
    "But the Son of God came to destroy the works of the devil." (1 John 3:8, NLT)

In Acts 28, the apostle Paul was bitten by a poisonous snake on a small island named Malta. Paul didn't panic, but simply shook the snake off and went about his business. The local people waited to see him swell up and suddenly die, but after a long wait and no harm to Paul, they decided he was a god. They weren't far off; he was a son of God.

In today's Scripture, the word "destroy" in the original language means "to not have its intended purpose." There will be times when we get bit by a sickness, a divorce, or a loss, but like with Paul, that poison is not going to have any effect on you. Its purpose is to take you out, but because God destroyed the works of the enemy, it's not going to have its intended purpose.

God has the final say. What stops others is not going to stop you. The Most High God is pushing back forces of darkness. What He's purposed for your life will come to pass.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You that no matter what the enemy sends against me, it will not have its intended purpose. Thank You that You have destroyed the works of the devil and broken his power. I believe that You always have the final say, and what You have purposed is on the way. In Jesus' Name, Amen."
  • Remember What God Has Done

Today's Scripture
    "...You may say to yourselves, 'These nations are stronger than we are. How can we drive them out?' But do not be afraid of them; remember well what the LORD your God did to Pharaoh and to all Egypt..." (Deuteronomy 7:17–18, NIV)

The Israelites were headed toward the Promised Land, but they were up against nations with huge armies that were stronger and more skilled in warfare. The Israelites had just come out of slavery and were just trying to survive in the desert. They were very discouraged when Moses spoke these words to them: "Don't be afraid. Just remember what God did to Pharaoh."

If you're going to overcome obstacles, if you're going to reach your highest potential, you have to learn to remember. On a regular basis, we should go back over the major victories in our life. When you face tough times and your dream looks impossible, just remember. Go back and replay your victories. Relive the times God made a way.

When you're constantly thinking about how He's protected you, vindicated you, and promoted you, not only will faith rise in your heart, but that attitude of expectancy will allow God to do great things in your future.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for the strength that rises within me whenever I remember what You have done in my life. Thank You for the countless times You made a way when it seemed there was no way, and You opened doors that seemed closed. I will not be afraid. In Jesus' Name, Amen."
  • Be Your Best Today

Today's Scripture
    "This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24, NLT)

When we read about the heroes of faith, their lives seem so exciting, but the truth is that most of their days were routine. Moses experienced one miracle after another, but those involved only a few days of his life. Most of our days will be ordinary days with some exciting days. If you live from big event to big event, waiting for something exciting to keep you encouraged, you're going to be disappointed.

Learn to enjoy where God has you right now. This is the day the Lord has made. It may be routine, but when you do the ordinary with a good attitude, that's getting you prepared for the new things God has in store. It's being faithful day in and day out, doing the right thing when the wrong thing is happening, staying in faith when we're not getting our way. You won't be promoted if you're not being your best where God has you right now.

A Prayer For Today
    "Father, thank You for this day that You have made. Thank You that I can be faithful in the ordinary and routine, knowing that You are preparing me for the new things You have in store. I'm going to keep being my best, serving, giving, and loving right where I am. In Jesus' Name, Amen."
  • Prayer to Remove Hardness in My Heart

Precious Lord God, I am deeply distressed at my failure to know you as fully as I want to. I do things that I do not want to do and I think things that I regret. Sometimes I feel like a phony Christian, for there is a hard place in my heart that urges me to live, not in your Spirit, but in the world.

Please, God, I beg of you, in your mighty power, melt the hardness of my heart. Of my own free will, I ask you into the deepest crevice of my being, that I may be filled with your love and holiness. I depend on you without any backup plan, Lord; for you and only you have the power to change me. Amen.

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: Romans 4:9-12
    ** The Righteousness of Abraham **

Is this blessing then only for the Jew, or also for the non-Jew?

We say that faith was counted to Abraham as righteousness. How then was it counted to him? Was it before or after he became Jewish?

It was not after, but before he was Jewish. He received the sign of Judaism as a seal of the righteousness that he had by faith while he was still not Jewish. The purpose was to make him the father of all who believe without being Jewish, so that righteousness would be counted to them as well, and to make him the father of the Jews who are not merely Jewish but who also walk in the footsteps of the faith that our father Abraham had before he was Jewish.
  • Clean House

Today's Scripture
    "Asa conducted himself well before GOD, reviving the ways of his ancestor David. He cleaned house... and threw out all the idols his predecessors had made." (1 Kings 15:11–12, MSG)

King Asa took the throne of Judah and boldly removed the idols and pagan altars that his predecessors had allowed. He put a stop to what had been stopping Judah from prospering. When an army of a million men attacked Judah, Asa called out to God for help, and the Lord defeated that army with Judah taking an abundance of plunder.

Do you need to do some house cleaning? Are you letting things hang around that you know are not good? You need to put a stop to it before it stops you. You may need to remove the anger, the jealousy, the bitterness, a critical spirit.

Remove it, and God will take you to a new level. He'll make things happen that you could never make happen. Sometimes we think things on the outside are stopping us, but if we would look inside and remove what we know is not the best, we would see God's favor in new ways.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You that I can take the bold steps to remove those things I need to get out of my life. I can't do it on my own, so I ask You for help to break and get rid of whatever needs to be removed. Help me clean my house. In Jesus' Name, Amen."