Forum Topic

Say your prayer here or your prayer request. please respect this thread

• It's Your Time

Today's Scripture
    "Who knows if perhaps you were made queen for just such a time as this?" (Esther 4:14, NLT)

Esther was a Jewish orphan girl who was raised in poverty while living in exile in a foreign country. She had so many bad breaks and disadvantages. It didn't look like she would ever do anything great.

But bad circumstances cannot stop your destiny. God gave Esther favor and raised her up out of obscurity to become the queen of Persia. Esther was able to use her position to save the people of Israel from a plot to destroy all of them. Her time to shine had come, and she became a national hero.

You don't know the amazing things God has in store for you. Why don't you start seeing yourself the right way? Instead of focusing on what you don't have, how big the obstacles are, or the mistakes you've made, start focusing on the fact that you're a person of destiny. The greatness the Creator of the universe put in you is about to come out. He handpicked you for this particular time. It's your time to shine and step into new levels.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You that You are Almighty God and the power of Your favor is working in my life. Thank You for the opportunities You will bring my way to step into 'such a time as this' moments and fulfill my purpose. I declare that nothing can stop my destiny. In Jesus' Name, Amen."
  • Ignore the Lies

Today's Scripture
    "He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies." (John 8:44, NLT)

You can't stop the enemy's lies, or pray away the negative thoughts, or get so determined that you're never going to feel fear. But you don't have to be intimidated, and you don't have to live worried. The lies are a sign that what God promised is on the way, that there are great things in your future. He wouldn't be telling you those lies if healing, freedom, and abundance aren't around the corner.

Start ignoring the lies. Quit living worried about your health, your finances, or how you can accomplish your dream. Quit letting the lies dominate your thought life. The battle is taking place in your mind. The enemy is a liar and a bully. He knows if he can control your thoughts, he can control your life.

When you recognize his tactics, when you know he comes at you with lies and distortions, you can deal with them properly. You won't let the lies keep you from your purpose. Ignore the lies, keep moving forward, and God will get you to your destiny.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You that I can guard my heart and keep it free from all the lies and distortions that try to keep me intimidated and living worried. Help me to recognize the enemy's tactics. I declare that I will ignore the lies and believe the truth of Your Word. In Jesus' Name, Amen."
  • Prayer for God’s Help

Lord God, Enlighten what is dark in me,
    Strengthen what is weak in me,
    Mend what is broken in me,
    Bind what is bruised in me,
    Heal what is sick in me,
    Revive whatever peace and love that has died in me.

Restore me, Father God, as you would have me,
    That I may better serve you
    And show your Glory to all the world.
    In the name of Christ, I pray,
    Amen.

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: John 11:17-37
    ** Jesus Comforts Martha and Mary about Lazarus’ Death [Part 1] **

Now when Jesus came, he found that Lazarus had already been in the tomb four days. Bethany was near Jerusalem, about two miles off, and many of the Jews had come to Martha and Mary to console them concerning their brother. So when Martha heard that Jesus was coming, she went and met him, but Mary remained seated in the house.

Martha said to Jesus, “Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died. But even now I know that whatever you ask from God, God will give you.” Jesus said to her, “Your brother will rise again.”

Martha said to him, “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day.” Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?”

She said to him, “Yes, Lord; I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who is coming into the world.”

When she had said this, she went and called her sister Mary, saying in private, “The Teacher is here and is calling for you.” And when she heard it, she rose quickly and went to him. Now Jesus had not yet come into the village, but was still in the place where Martha had met him.

When the Jews who were with her in the house, consoling her, saw Mary rise quickly and go out, they followed her, supposing that she was going to the tomb to weep there. Now when Mary came to where Jesus was and saw him, she fell at his feet, saying to him, “Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died.”

When Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who had come with her also weeping, he was deeply moved in his spirit and greatly troubled. And he said, “Where have you laid him?” They said to him, “Lord, come and see.”

Jesus wept. So the Jews said, “See how he loved him!” But some of them said, “Could not he who opened the eyes of the blind man also have kept this man from dying?”
  • Prayer for Each of Us in Our Work

Almighty God, heavenly Father, who makes it possible for me to work and who gives every creature its food, declaring your glory and showing your handiwork in the heavens and in the earth; Deliver me, I pray, in my work, from coveting material goods, from falling into the temptation of serving mammon and putting money in the forefront of my life.

Help me to perform the work which you have put at my hand, in truth, in beauty, and in righteousness, with singleness of heart as your servant, and to the benefit of my fellow men as well as myself; for the sake of your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord, who lived and died only to serve us.
    Amen.

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: Romans 6:15-19
    ** Slaves to Righteousness **

What then? Are we to sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means!

Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness? But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

I am speaking in human terms, because of your natural limitations. For just as you once presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness leading to sanctification.
  • The Chain Has Been Broken

Today's Scripture
    "...Moses answered the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again..." (Exodus 14:13, NIV)

The Israelites had been bound in slavery in Egypt for over four hundred years. All they had seen was injustice, being taken advantage of, mistreated, barely making it. God supernaturally brought them out of Egypt, and they were headed to the Promised Land when He said to them, "The enemies you see today, you will see no more." That's what happens when the chain breaker shows up. True freedom.

He was saying to them and to us, "Those things that have held you back for years, you're not going to see them anymore." This is a new day of freedom, a new day of wholeness, a new day of increase. Chains are falling off; chains of debt are being broken. Chains of cancer, diabetes, and heart trouble are being loosed. You will no longer see those chains of fear, insecurity, and low self-esteem. The addiction is not going to control you. Why? The chain has been broken.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You that You have broken the chain of anything that's trying to hold me back. Thank You that You have so defeated the problem that I'm not even going to see it anymore. I'm going to start living like I am free and experience everything You have for me. In Jesus' Name, Amen."
  • By This I Know

Today's Scripture
    "By this I know that You are well pleased with me, because my enemy does not triumph over me." (Psalm 41:11, NKJV)

Are you facing difficulties that seem too big? Perhaps you never dreamed you would be battling a sickness, that your marriage would be in trouble, or the company wouldn't need you. God is saying, "I'm still in control. It's not a surprise to Me." He already has the solution lined up--the right people, the healing, the promotion, the breakthroughs.

I've learned to recognize that God is pleased with me not by the battles that He's stopped, but by the battles that didn't stop me. You can't judge God's favor by the battles He kept you out of, but by the battles He brought you through. David was saying, "I know God is pleased with me because in the time of testing He defeated my enemies for me." The Scripture says you will go through the fire and not be burned, and you will go through the waters and not drown. Don't get discouraged over what God is bringing you through. He won't allow you to get in a difficulty that He can't bring you out of.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for the history I have with You and for every time You have not allowed the enemy to triumph over me. Thank You for all the times when You've shown me that You are pleased with me. By this I know that I will triumph. In Jesus' Name, Amen."
  • In and Out of Season

Today's Scripture
    "He changes times and seasons; he deposes kings and raises up others." (Daniel 2:21, NIV)

In the Scripture, Sarah gave birth to a baby when she was ninety years old. She was way past her childbearing years, but God does things out of season. David was taking care of his father's sheep when the prophet Samuel showed up at his house and anointed him to be the next king of Israel. He was promoted out of season, when he didn't have the qualifications. David didn't know that God was about to do something unusual. Neither he nor Sarah was "in season."

Every circumstance may say it's not your season. There's no sign of a relationship getting better, of you being promoted, or of your health improving. Thoughts will tell you, "It's never going to change." Don't believe those lies. God is saying, "I'm about to bless you out of season and surprise you with My favor. It's going to be bigger, better, and more fulfilling than you've dreamed." Don't complain because you're out of season. You're in prime position for God to show out in your life.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You that You change times and seasons, and You're not limited to the right conditions to be in place in order for You to bless me. Thank You that You're always working behind the scenes on my behalf. I believe that You will bless me out of season. In Jesus' Name, Amen."
  • Prayer to Thirst for God

Lord God, I have tasted your goodness and it has satisfied me, yet it has made me thirst for even more. I am so painfully aware of my need for even more grace than I now enjoy; and even when I do not want more, I am ashamed of my lack of desire. I want you completely, mighty God, and I want to want you even more than I do.

Fill me with longing for you; make me even thirstier. Show me your glory, I pray, so that I may know you always better and better, growing in my faith and love. From your infinite mercy, begin a new work of love within me this moment. Say to my soul, ‘Rise up my love, my fair one, and come away.’ And give me grace to rise up and follow you, from this misty lowland where I have wandered so long. Amen.

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: Romans 6:20-23
    ** The Wages of Sin **

For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. But what fruit were you getting at that time from the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death.

But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification and its end, eternal life. For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
  • Prayer For Confidence

My God, I am filled with fear, fear of the power of the world, fear of other men, fear of death; even though I profess confidence in my forgiveness and the eternal life you have promised to all who confess the name of Christ Jesus, I fear.

Forgive me for my imperfect faith, I pray; by the power of the One who had perfect faith, forgive me. And strengthen me, O Holy Spirit of God, strengthen me by the truth of your Word and the power of conviction, that I may fear only the power of God and walk through this day in perfect peace.
    Amen.

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: John 11:45-57
    ** Caiaphas Prophesies **

Many of the Jews therefore, who had come with Mary and had seen what he did, believed in him, but some of them went to the Pharisees and told them what Jesus had done. So the chief priests and the Pharisees gathered the council and said, “What are we to do? For this man performs many signs. If we let him go on like this, everyone will believe in him, and the Romans will come and take away both our place and our nation.”

But one of them, Caiaphas, who was high priest that year, said to them, “You know nothing at all. Nor do you understand that it is better for you that one man should die for the people, not that the whole nation should perish.” He did not say this of his own accord, but being high priest that year he prophesied that Jesus would die for the nation, and not for the nation only, but also to gather into one the children of God who are scattered abroad. So from that day on they made plans to put him to death.

Jesus therefore no longer walked openly among the Jews, but went from there to the region near the wilderness, to a town called Ephraim, and there he stayed with the disciples.

Now the Passover of the Jews was at hand, and many went up from the country to Jerusalem before the Passover to purify themselves. They were looking for Jesus and saying to one another as they stood in the temple, “What do you think? That he will not come to the feast at all?” Now the chief priests and the Pharisees had given orders that if anyone knew where he was, he should let them know, so that they might arrest him.
  • Trust His Plan

Today's Scripture
    "Your faithfulness extends to every generation, like the earth you created; it endures by your decree, for everything serves your plans..." (Psalm 119:91, TLB)

The Scripture says that God's ways are not our ways. We think that it's just the good breaks, the promotions, and the great relationships that serve God's plan, but it's also the disappointments, the closed doors, and the people who do us wrong. Without that happening, we couldn't reach our destiny.

You have to trust God's process. We see the negative things as hindrances, but it is all necessary to become who we are created to be. We all go through things that don't make sense, but God wouldn't have allowed it if it wasn't going to serve His plan. This is when you have to dig down deep and wait upon Him in faith.

Just keep moving forward, doing the right thing, being faithful, serving others. God is not going to waste anything you go through. What was meant for your harm, He will turn to your advantage. You're about to come out to new levels. You're going to go places that you've never gone and see favor that you've never seen. God is doing a new thing.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You that You are able to make all things serve me for my good, even the negative things that stress me out and seem to be holding me back. Thank You that I can stay in peace and trust the process. I believe that You are working out Your plan for my life. In Jesus' Name, Amen."
  • Praise and Thanks this Morning

Hallelujah! The sun has risen again and it is morning! And I have awoken into it, alive, breathing, thinking, knowing that the Son will rise again and I will be saved. What did I do to deserve this day? It is a gift from you. Glory and praise to you, my God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, for filling me with life to live another day, for it is you who made me and not me myself.

I resolve to spend this day in the presence of the Holy Spirit, filled with his joy and energy, that I might accomplish your will, my God, and do what I can to deserve the joys of the day, for I know my time here is short. Be with me, oh Holy Spirit, to fill me with the energy and positivity and comfort that only you can bring. In Christ’s name I pray that thy will be done, Amen.

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: Romans 7:1-6
    ** Released from the Law **

Or do you not know, brothers—for I am speaking to those who know the law—that the law is binding on a person only as long as he lives? For a married woman is bound by law to her husband while he lives, but if her husband dies she is released from the law of marriage. Accordingly, she will be called an adulteress if she lives with another man while her husband is alive. But if her husband dies, she is free from that law, and if she marries another man she is not an adulteress.

Likewise, my brothers, you also have died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you may belong to another, to him who has been raised from the dead, in order that we may bear fruit for God.

For while we were living in the flesh, our sinful passions, aroused by the law, were at work in our members to bear fruit for death. But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code.
  • The Fourth Man

Today's Scripture
    "Look!" he answered, "I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire; and they are not hurt, and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God." (Daniel 3:25, NKJV)

When the three Hebrew teenagers were thrown into the fiery furnace because they wouldn't bow to King Nebuchadnezzar's golden idol, they were bound with cords. They should have been killed instantly, but when the king gazed into the furnace, he saw four unbound men, and one who looked like the Son of God. Here's my point: Your hands may be tied today--you've worked, prayed, believed, and done the right thing, but it seems like your dream is never going to work out. The good news is that God's hands are not tied. He's not limited by what's limiting you.

I believe that what's restricted you in the past has lost its grip--that addiction, that sickness, that lack, the bad breaks. It's a new day. The fourth man has shown up. Like the Hebrew teenagers, you're coming out, not bound but loosed, free, whole, vindicated, promoted, with that dream you were believing for. Your hands are not tied anymore. God is releasing you into new levels of your destiny today.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for the birth of Your Son as a baby in Bethlehem. Thank You that I can join with the angels of heaven and give You all the praise and glory for what You've done. I come before You and bow my knees and heart and offer You my worship. In Jesus' Name, Amen."
  • Set Apart

Today's Scripture
    "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." (Jeremiah 1:5, NIV)

What God said to Jeremiah, He says to each of us. You're not like everyone else. You've not only been handpicked by the Most High God, but He set you apart for His own purpose. He made you uncommon. Could it be the reason you're not seeing increase is you're being common? Perhaps you're stuck at one level because you're just fitting in, being like everyone else. There's nothing different about you.

That's not who you are. You've been set apart. When others around you have a sour, critical attitude, you have to dig your heels in and say, "That is not the way I'm going to live. I'm going to enjoy each day and be grateful. I'm going to be good to people and expect God's favor." You may be surrounded by people who are lazy, taking the easy way out, but live by a higher standard. Don't let that keep you from your destiny. You've been set apart. You're not common. Now do your part and don't live common.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You that You are the Most High God, and You handpicked me and set me apart for Your own purpose. Thank You for calling me to live by a higher standard and be distinct. I want my life to be uncommon and bring You praise. In Jesus' Name, Amen."
  • Prayer to Follow God's Will Today

O God, the author of all good, I come to You for the grace another day will require for its duties and events. I step out into a wicked world; I carry about with me an evil heart. I know that without You I can do nothing, that everything with which I shall be concerned, however harmless in itself, may prove an occasion of sin or folly, unless I am kept by Your power.

Hold me up O God and I shall be safe. Preserve my understanding from subtlety of error, my affections from love of idols, my character from stain of vice, my profession from every form of evil. May I engage in nothing in which I cannot implore Your blessing, and in which I cannot invite Your inspection. Prosper me in all lawful undertakings, or prepare me for disappointments.

Give me neither poverty nor riches. Feed me with food suitable for me, lest I be full and deny You and say, “Who is the Lord?” Or be poor, and steal, and take Your name in vain. May every creature be made good to me by prayer and Your will. Teach me how to use the world and not abuse it, to improve my talents, to redeem my time, to walk in wisdom toward those without, and in kindness to those within, to do good to all men, and especially to my fellow Christians. And to You, O God, be the glory. Amen.
    (by Chas. Haddon Spurgeon)

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: John 12:1-11
    ** The Poor Will Always Be with You **

Six days before the Passover, Jesus therefore came to Bethany, where Lazarus was, whom Jesus had raised from the dead. So they gave a dinner for him there. Martha served, and Lazarus was one of those reclining with him at table.

Mary therefore took a pound of expensive ointment made from pure nard, and anointed the feet of Jesus and wiped his feet with her hair. The house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume.

But Judas Iscariot, one of his disciples (he who was about to betray him), said, “Why was this ointment not sold for three hundred denarii and given to the poor?” He said this, not because he cared about the poor, but because he was a thief, and having charge of the moneybag he used to help himself to what was put into it.

Jesus said, “Leave her alone, so that she may keep it for the day of my burial. For the poor you always have with you, but you do not always have me.”

** The Plot to Kill Lazarus **

When the large crowd of the Jews learned that Jesus was there, they came, not only on account of him but also to see Lazarus, whom he had raised from the dead. So the chief priests made plans to put Lazarus to death as well, because on account of him many of the Jews were going away and believing in Jesus.
  • Press Through

Today's Scripture
    "Ask and keep on asking and it will be given to you; seek and keep on seeking and you will find; knock and keep on knocking and the door will be opened to you." (Matthew 7:7, AMP)

In Mark chapter five, there was a woman who had been sick for twelve years. The doctors gave her no hope. But she heard that Jesus was passing through her town. Something deep down on the inside was saying, "This is your season. This is your time to get well."

In the natural, when she saw all the people around Him, she thought, "I'll never get to Him. It's so crowded and I'm weak." She almost missed her season. But instead of dwelling on those negative thoughts, instead of looking at her situation, she started reminding herself, "If I can just get to Jesus, I will be whole." She made the choice to turn her thoughts in the right direction and was empowered to take a leap of faith. She pressed through the crowd until she got just close enough to touch the edge of Jesus' robe. Instantly, she was made whole.

Jesus said in Mark 5:34, "Daughter, your faith has made you well." Notice it's our faith that activates God's power. We have to press through our thoughts, press through our circumstances, press through the crowd and obstacles until we touch Him.

Today, with every step you take, God is drawing closer to you. He'll meet your faith with His miraculous power so you can embrace the victory He has waiting for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, I come to You today with an open and humble heart. I ask You to fill me with Your strength, peace and joy so that I can press through to victory today. Show me the good plan You have for me in Jesus' Name, Amen."
  • Prayer for Holiness

O Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, do not permit vanity, self-love, sensuality, carelessness, nor anger to rule over me and steal me from Thy love, O my Lord and Creator, all my hope! Do not leave me without a portion of the blessed eternity. Grant also that I may follow Thy Holy example, that I may submit to the authorities placed over me. Grant me the clean soul, the simplicity of heart that makes us worthy of Thy love. Amen.

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: Romans 7:7-12
    ** The Law and Sin [Part 1] **

What then shall we say? That the law is sin? By no means! Yet if it had not been for the law, I would not have known sin. For I would not have known what it is to covet if the law had not said, “You shall not covet.”

But sin, seizing an opportunity through the commandment, produced in me all kinds of covetousness. For apart from the law, sin lies dead.

I was once alive apart from the law, but when the commandment came, sin came alive and I died. The very commandment that promised life proved to be death to me. For sin, seizing an opportunity through the commandment, deceived me and through it killed me. So the law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good.
  • Accept God's Plan

Today's Scripture
    "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"(Jeremiah 29:11, NIV)

No matter what may be happening today, God has good things in store for your future! It may not be easy to see now, but God has already lined up a new beginning, new friendships and new opportunities for you.

Maybe you've experienced some setbacks, but don't make the mistake of expecting the same for your future. Instead, accept God's good plan for your life by declaring His truth. As believers, our attitude should be, "Even though the economy is down, I'm not worried. I know God is going before me, and He has promised He will make rivers in the desert." Or, "The medical report may not look good, but I have another report that says God is restoring health unto me. I believe God has already released healing, health and victory in my future." Or, you may have a child who is not on the right course. In the natural, it seems impossible. But our report should be, "I know God can do the impossible!"

Today, be encouraged and don't give up on your tomorrows. Accept the good plan God has for you--a plan filled with hope, purpose, blessing and increase in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for giving me hope and a future. Thank You for loving me. Thank You for choosing me. Thank You for delighting in me. I invite You to renew my heart and mind to the good plans You have for me in Jesus' Name, Amen."
  • To the Next Level

Today's Scripture
    "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." (Psalm 46:1, NKJV)

When troubles come our way, it's easy to get frustrated. But God wouldn't allow it if it weren't going to work to your advantage. That's why you need to quit complaining and being discouraged because life dealt you a tough hand. The reason you have big challenges is that you have a big destiny.

Average people have average problems; ordinary people have ordinary challenges. You're not average. You're a child of the Most High God. The Creator of the universe breathed His life into you. He crowned you with His favor. You're not ordinary; you're extraordinary. Don't be surprised if you face extraordinary challenges.

God knows what He's doing. You may not like the trouble, it may not be fair, and you're uncomfortable, but that trouble is transportation. Keep believing, keep praying, keep honoring God, and then trouble will take you to the next level of your destiny. It's getting you prepared. You wouldn't be who you are today without all the things you've been through.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You that You are the Most High God who breathed life into me. Thank You that the trouble that comes my way is transporting me to the next level of my destiny. I believe that You are preparing me for a big destiny. In Jesus' Name, Amen."
  • Prayer to Live for God’s Glory

O God, lover of Your people, help me this day to live entirely to Your glory. Let me be deaf to unmerited criticism and the praise of men. Nothing can hurt my new-born inner self, it cannot be smitten or die; nothing can mar the dominion of Your Spirit within me; it is enough to have Your approval and that of my conscience.

Keep me humble, dependent, supremely joyful, as calm and quiet as a dependent child, yet earnest and active. I wish not so much to do as to be, and I long to be like Jesus; if You make me right, I shall be right; Lord, I belong to You, make me worthy of Yourself.
    Amen.
    (~ adapted from an old Puritan prayer)

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: John 12:12-19
    ** Jesus Enters Jerusalem **

The next day the large crowd that had come to the feast heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem. So they took branches of palm trees and went out to meet him, crying out, “Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord, even the King of Israel!” And Jesus found a young donkey and sat on it, just as it is written,

“Fear not, daughter of Zion;
    behold, your king is coming,
    sitting on a donkey's colt!”

His disciples did not understand these things at first, but when Jesus was glorified, then they remembered that these things had been written about him and had been done to him.

The crowd that had been with him when he called Lazarus out of the tomb and raised him from the dead continued to bear witness. The reason why the crowd went to meet him was that they heard he had done this sign. So the Pharisees said to one another, “You see that you are gaining nothing. Look, the world has gone after him.”
  • When You Pray

Today's Scripture
    "Don't be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day you began to pray for understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your request has been heard in heaven. I have come in answer to your prayer. But for twenty-one days the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia blocked my way." (Daniel 10:12-13, NLT)

In the Scripture, Daniel prayed and asked God for something, but nothing happened. Day after day went by, no sign of it. Three weeks later, an angel showed up with the answer and said, "From the moment you prayed, God sent me with the answer, but there were forces in my way that stopped me." God had to send another angel to fight through the forces of darkness.

There are blessings that have your name on them--promotion, businesses, a house, healing, a spouse, a baby, restoration--that you've been believing for. There are forces trying to hold back what you've been praying for. God is about to release what's been held up. Stay encouraged; it's on the way.

Just imagine God breaking the way wide open through those forces that are holding it back. You're going to see what God promised. What has your name on it is on the way. All the forces of darkness cannot stop it.

A Prayer For Today
    "Father, thank You that You are the Most High God who rules over the forces of darkness that try to hold back the blessings I am believing for. Thank You that You are breaking the way open right now. I believe You are releasing me into favor and new levels in Jesus' Name, Amen."
  • Prayer for Purity of Thought

Almighty God, who alone gave me the breath of life, and alone can keep alive in me the holy desires your Spirit brings; I pray to you, in the name of your infinite compassion, to sanctify my thoughts and endeavors this day; that I may not begin to act without a pure intention or continue it without your blessing.

And grant that, having the eyes of my mind opened to behold things invisible and unseen, I may in heart be inspired by your wisdom, and in work be upheld by your strength, and in the end be accepted by you as your faithful servant; through Jesus Christ our Savior.
    Amen.

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: Romans 7:13-20
    ** The Law and Sin **

Did that which is good, then, bring death to me? By no means! It was sin, producing death in me through what is good, in order that sin might be shown to be sin, and through the commandment might become sinful beyond measure. For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am of the flesh, sold under sin.

For I do not understand my own actions. I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate.

Now if I do what I do not want, I agree with the law, that it is good. So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me.

I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me.
  • Prayer for the Day Ahead

Oh Lord God, I come to you in the morning, full of hope that the day to come might be filled with joy and energy. Grant that I may do my work with a light and happy heart; and if there are tasks that I do not look forward to, or even dread, let me undertake them with courage and resolve. For this day could be perfect, if I can only live it in You and with You and for You.

Where I face frustration today, let me handle it with acceptance and faith that the outcome is in Your hands. Lead me away from anger or judgment of other people. Let me tend to my own garden instead of looking over the fence. If my neighbor's yard is filled with weeds, help me not to criticize, and keep me from envy of those whose tree bears more fruit.

And let everything I attempt be filled with the knowledge and guidance of Your Holy Spirit. I pray that the Spirit will be with me at every moment, and that I will always be aware of Him, and live every moment of this day in Your presence. In Christ’s name, I pray,
    Amen.

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: John 12:20-26

Now among those who went up to worship at the feast were some Greeks. So these came to Philip, who was from Bethsaida in Galilee, and asked him, “Sir, we wish to see Jesus.” Philip went and told Andrew; Andrew and Philip went and told Jesus.

And Jesus answered them, “The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit.

Whoever loves his life loses it, and whoever hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there will my servant be also. If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him.
  • A Mark of Honor

Today's Scripture
    "It is an honor for a man to cease from strife..." (Proverbs 20:3, AMPC)

If we realized the destructive force that strife is, we would be more careful to not allow it into our relationships. It can creep into relationships by starting small, maybe through a comment or a wrong look from someone, and can then escalate into something much bigger.

When we let our guard down and say things that are disrespectful, hurtful or demeaning, we're not just damaging our relationship, we're inviting the destructive spirit of strife into that relationship.

But when you choose to cease from strife and overlook an offense, you are acting honorably and honoring God. How do you avoid strife?

The Bible tells us that love covers over many offenses. Love stops strife. It means that you give people the benefit of the doubt. You consider what they may be going through instead of focusing on how they reacted to you. Maybe someone was short with you at the office, but they may have a loved one in the hospital.

Instead of getting upset, walk in love--be patient and kind to them. Look for ways to walk in peace with the people in your life and put an end to strife!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for Your hand of victory in my life. Give me the wisdom and courage I need to walk away from strife so I can focus on the destiny You have prepared for me. I love You and bless You in Jesus' Name, Amen."
  • Prayer for Grace and Goodness

Almighty God, who has given your only Son to be unto us both a sacrifice for sin, and also a model of godly life; Give us grace that we may always most thankfully receive His inestimable benefit, and also daily endeavor ourselves to follow the blessed steps of His most holy life; through the blessing of Him, Jesus Christ our Lord.
    Amen.

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: Romans 7:21-25
    ** The Law and Sin **

So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?

Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.
  • Surrounded by the Most High

Today's Scripture
    "...Then the LORD opened the servant's eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha..." (2 Kings 6:17, NIV)

Elisha's assistant thought they were surrounded by the enemy army until the Lord opened his eyes. Suddenly, he looked out and saw the hills full of powerful, warring angels with their horses and chariots of fire. The enemy was surrounded by our God.

Like this man, you may be surrounded by trouble, but what you can't see with your natural eyes is that the Most High God is surrounding what's surrounding you. If God pulled back the curtain, you would see powerful angels at work on your behalf, protecting you, pushing back the forces of darkness. You would see God moving the wrong people out of the way, lining up things in your favor, arranging healings and deliverance.

If you only focus on what you see with your physical eyes--the sickness, the addiction, the obstacle--you'll be worried and discouraged. Through eyes of faith, you need to see that every obstacle that's holding you back is surrounded by the Most High.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You that no matter what trouble I face, I can stay in peace knowing that You are surrounding me, and You can turn every situation around and put an end to it. I declare that You are greater than any force that comes against me. In Jesus' Name, Amen."
  • Become a Miracle

Today's Scripture
    "...Because we loved you so much, we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well..." (1 Thessalonians 2:8, NIV)

Many people are praying for a miracle. "God, please send me a friend. God, I need help with my children. I need training. God, I need a good break." We have to realize that we can become the miracle they need. God uses our lives to touch and encourage and bless others. God will bring people across our path so that we can be the answer to their prayers.

Take time to become the miracle. You can't help everyone, but you can help someone. Be aware of who is in your life. Listen to what they're saying. Is there any way that you can help? Those are opportunities to become their miracle. God put them there on purpose. It's because you are full of miracles. There is healing in you. There is restoration, there's friendship, there are new beginnings. You can lift the fallen. You can restore the broken. You can be kind to a stranger. You can become someone's miracle.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You that You bring people across my path so I can be the answer to their prayers. Help me to listen to what they're saying and to be available and do what I can to help. I believe that I am a miracle waiting to happen for someone. In Jesus' Name, Amen."
  • Prayer to Witness Boldly

Dear Heavenly Father, I lower my head before you and confess that I have too often forgotten that I am your child. Too often, I carry on my life as if you do not exist, falling far short of being a bold witness to You. For this, I ask your forgiveness, and I pray that you will give me strength, courage, a clear mind and an open heart when you call upon me to witness to your mighty love.

Remind me always to strive to be who You would have me be, no matter where I am, or what I am doing, or who I am with. Make me into your lantern, precious Lord, and let your light shine through me so bright that all can see it.
    Amen.

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: John 12:13, 27-36

And Jesus answered them, “The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. . . . Now is my soul troubled. And what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour’? But for this purpose I have come to this hour. Father, glorify your name.”

Then a voice came from heaven: “I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again.” The crowd that stood there and heard it said that it had thundered. Others said, “An angel has spoken to him.”

Jesus answered, “This voice has come for your sake, not mine. Now is the judgment of this world; now will the ruler of this world be cast out. And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.” He said this to show by what kind of death he was going to die.

So the crowd answered him, “We have heard from the Law that the Christ remains forever. How can you say that the Son of Man must be lifted up? Who is this Son of Man?”

So Jesus said to them, “The light is among you for a little while longer. Walk while you have the light, lest darkness overtake you. The one who walks in the darkness does not know where he is going. While you have the light, believe in the light, that you may become sons of light.”
  • The Blessing Overrides All Else

Today's Scripture
    And God said to Balaam, "You shall not go with them; you shall not curse the people, for they are blessed." (Numbers 22:12, NKJV)

When the Israelites headed toward Jericho and were camped on the plains of Moab, the Moabite king saw how many Israelites there were, and he was afraid. So he hired a foreigner named Balaam to curse the people of Israel. But God told Balaam that "what I have blessed you cannot curse." Notice that when God's blessing is upon you, it doesn't matter what negative thing someone says or does to you. All that matters is that God put His blessing on you, and that blessing will always override any curse.

When you go through disappointments, when unfair things happen, it's easy to feel that's clouded your future. Have a new perspective. What God has blessed nothing can curse. When you understand you have God's blessing on you, you won't be upset because someone's talking about you. You won't be worried about your finances or discouraged because of a setback. You know every force that's trying to stop you is powerless to change what He has put on your life.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for the blessing You have put on my life because I belong to You. Thank You that Your blessing will override any curse or negative thing that is said or done against me. I believe that every force that is trying to stop me is powerless before You. In Jesus' Name, Amen."
  • Prayer upon Rising from Sleep

My God, Father, and Savior, since you have been pleased to give me the grace to come through the night to the present day, now grant that I may employ it entirely in your service, so that all my works may be to the glory of your name and the edification of my neighbors. As you have been pleased to make your sun shine upon the earth to give us bodily light, grant the light of your Spirit to illumine my understanding and my heart.

And because it means nothing to begin well if one does not persevere, I ask that you would continue to increase your grace in me until you have led me into full communion with your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord, who is the true Sun of our souls, shining day and night, eternally and without end. Hear me, merciful Father, by our Lord Jesus Christ, Amen.
    (~ John Calvin)

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: Romans 8:1-8

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.

God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace. The mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God’s law; indeed, it cannot. Those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
  • Grow Your Faith

Today's Scripture
    "So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17, NKJV)

Scripture tells us that every person has been given a measure of faith. Faith can grow and increase, or it can be diminished. Notice today's scripture doesn't say, "Faith comes by having heard the Word of God one time." It's by hearing--present tense. Sure, God's Word can transform us in an instant. But most of the time, we need to hear God's truth over and over again in order for it to become active in our lives. The more we hear the Word, the more His truth chisels away at the doubt and unbelief that's been built up over the years. His truth sets us free and causes our faith to grow!

Just as a seed needs water daily to grow, your spirit needs the Word of God daily. Your faith needs to be watered by His Word. It can be as simple as selecting a few scriptures to meditate on daily. Write them down and carry them in your purse or wallet. Read them out loud over and over. Let His truth sink down into your heart and move you forward into the freedom and victory He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for Your Word that is living and active and growing in my life. I submit myself to You today and ask You to teach me Your ways. Give me insight into Your Word so that I may know You in Jesus' Name, Amen."