>

User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

The LCD Monitors Thread: Tips, Tricks, Tweaks, New Products and Reviews

• @tengwar
    Thanks sir for the reco. I forgot to mention earlier but i also need the monitor to rotate vertically. Unfortunately, none of these 3 can be rotated. Do you have other suggestions?

Meron din sir but these are not thin bezel monitors:

- ASUS PA238Q
    - Dell U2412M
    - Dell U2413 (like what ronnel0918 mentioned)

Take a look at Dell U2413 as it is being sold here for less than Php 10K which is a good deal (do a search in TipidPC).

-- edited by sleepygeepy on Mar 03 2015, 03:50 PM
  • @sleepygeepy

Meron din sir but these are not thin bezel monitors:

- ASUS PA238Q
    - Dell U2412M
    - Dell U2413 (like what ronnel0918 mentioned)

Take a look at Dell U2413 as it is being sold here for less than Php 10K which is a good deal (do a search in TipidPC).

Thanks! I'll try to take a look at these monitors. The U2413 seems good enough... although as you said, it doesn't have bezels as thin as others. I'm actually liking the look and specs of U2414H but it's not sold here locally. Only saw some sellers importing it from japan. I'm not sure if it's safe to get. Also, after researching on the net, found out some issues with Nvidia cards not displaying full RGB as well as problems with the display port when daisy chaining. I'm not sure if it's worth all the hassle :(

Regarding U2413, seems I've been reading some bad ghosting / overdrive issues naman... I guess there's really no perfect monitor at this price range and we just have to compromise ..
  • hi ask ko lang puwede ba papalitan yun monitor if uneven yung white? kasi sa left side yellowish tapos sa right side bluish..

thanks!
  • @tengwar
    Are you planning to go with a triple-monitor setup? Because the features you are looking for in a monitor sound like it :-)

- thin bezels
    - can rotate
    - DisplayPort chaining

If you plan to go triple-monitor, I think its better to invest in a 4K monitor or wait for the 34-inch 21:9 monitors with 3440x1440 resolution.
  • Hingi sana ako payo sa inyo mga Sir/Madam, alin po kaya sa 2 monitor na ito ang mas ok?

Samsung 19.5 inch WLED Monitor, LS20D300FY
    Backlight W-LED Backlight
    Resolution 1600 x 900 pixels
    HD Yes
    Number of Colors 16.7 M Colors
    Maximum Refresh Rate 75 Hz (Analog)
    Aspect Ratio 16:9
    Contrast Ratio 1000:1, 5000000:1 (Dynamic)
    Horizontal Viewing Angle 170 deg (2D)
    Vertical Viewing Angle 160 deg (2D)
    Response Time 5 ms
    Brightness 250 nits (2D)
    Pixel Pitch 0.276 mm
    Power Consumption 30 W (Operational), 0.3 W (Standby)
    Connectivity
    VGA Yes, 15 Pin D-sub
    Other Connectivity Features H/V Sync, Composite
    Stand Tilt -1.0 deg to 20 deg

OR

LED 20" AOC E2070SWN

HDMI No
    DVI No
    VGA Yes
    DisplayPort No
    Display & Graphics
    Screen Size 19.50 "
    Aspect Ratio 16:9
    Screen Mode HD+
    Backlight Technology LED
    Color Supported 16.7 Million Colors
    HDCP Supported No
    Contrast Ratio 800:1

Regarding sa Power Consumption kung tama po nabasa ko mas mataas si Samsung. Sana matulungan nyo ko mag decide. Purpose ko po is for Computer Shop
  • @sleepygeepy
    Are you planning to go with a triple-monitor setup? Because the features you are looking for in a monitor sound like it :-)

- thin bezels
    - can rotate
    - DisplayPort chaining

If you plan to go triple-monitor, I think its better to invest in a 4K monitor or wait for the 34-inch 21:9 monitors with 3440x1440 resolution.

Well i'd like to keep my options open :-) but i'm just really a sucker for thin bezels and i'm planning to make this purchase a temporary one as you have said while waiting for the 21:9 1440p or 4k with 144Hz to come out in the market. So i'm intending to make this 23/24" as a secondary monitor thats rotated vertically for open web pages/documents while gaming on the big monitor :-)
  • @tengwar
    Well i'd like to keep my options open :-) but i'm just really a sucker for thin bezels and i'm planning to make this purchase a temporary one as you have said while waiting for the 21:9 1440p or 4k with 144Hz to come out in the market. So i'm intending to make this 23/24" as a secondary monitor thats rotated vertically for open web pages/documents while gaming on the big monitor :-)

Ah that's a good plan :-)

Pero in real world use, bihira din ako makakita ng absolute "need" for a monitor that rotates to portrait mode. Most of the workstations sa office namin come equipped with Dell monitors that can rotate but hardly anyone uses them that way. I agree it's a nice to have feature though... but bihira gamitin in practice. I could be wrong though kasi madami din mga mobile app developers who might need that portrait mode more often :-)

If the purchase is temporary, I suggest you get the thin bezel monitor that you want. Mahal din kasi ang workstation type monitors that rotate so you have to justify the extra cost in buying one sa usage mo. Get a good 1080p monitor for the meantime, then invest on that awesome 34-inch ultra-widescreen when the prices are right :-)
  • @sleepygeepy

If the purchase is temporary, I suggest you get the thin bezel monitor that you want. Mahal din kasi ang workstation type monitors that rotate so you have to justify the extra cost in buying one sa usage mo. Get a good 1080p monitor for the meantime, then invest on that awesome 34-inch ultra-widescreen when the prices are right :-)

This sounds about right. Thanks so much for the insights sir. Malaking tulong para malinawan ako in my options :)
  • Any news kung kelan magiging localy available ang Acer XB280hk? I've rooting for this 4k monitor :(
  • Ok ba yung mga dell na nakikita ko sa ifs? May papasok na bonus ako pero currently im leaning towards asus vx23h. Hindi ba scary yung mga mura na dell monitor?
  • ang sarap cguro magkaron ng 4k @ 144hz. you have higher resolution plus higher refresh rate. ang problema d kaya ng gpu natin. unless ang game na lalaruin mo halo 1.

Who's Online

837 active users within the last minute, 482 members, 355 guests.
Our newest member is kaveri
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Items for Sale

New Want to Buys

Active Want to Buys