User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

The LCD Monitors Thread: Tips, Tricks, Tweaks, New Products and Reviews

• mga pafs ano mas recommended nyo na 27" monitor, for gaming (Dota2, BF4)? Pansin ko kasi mejo mas na lessen yung precision & accuracy ko dahil gamit ko ngayon 42" HDTV for gaming. good alternative sana sa 120hz monitors kasi cannot afford pa,...

ano bang budget. personally i'd recommend any benq RL or XL series.

...at baka iiyak lang si 770 dun.

while a 120hz monitor may cause impact to gpu, it's very minimal. when relating a monitor to gpu, you should worry more about the resolution than the refresh rates. to put simply, i dont think a gtx 770 will have a problem running games at 120hz monitor.
  • I don't think magkakaproblema yung GTX 770 sa refresh rate. Resolution ang nagpapahirap sa videocard. Mas maganda nga kung makakagamit ka ng 120-144hz monitor, para makikita mo yung talagang FPS output ng videocard mo, at nang ma-enjoy mo yung fluidity nung laro.
  • Guys, need advice for these monitor which is better for my Video card GEForce GTX 750i:

https://www.asus.com/Monitors_Projectors/VE247H/overview/

or

http://www.asus.com/Monitors_Projectors/VX239H/overview/

or
    any recommended monitor? Preferable 23" and 7-10k budget.

-- edited by markybean on Jul 22 2014, 09:46 AM
  • Asus VG278HE 27" 2ms 1920*1080 144Hz Nvidia 3D LED Monitor @ S$710

Benq XL2720Z 27" 1920 x 1080 144Hz LED Gaming Monitor @ S$715

eto pinagpipilian ko sa ngayon, ok na ba yang presyo na yan? baka may alam pa kayo mas mura bilihan jan mga pafs (singapore).
  • samsung 28" 4K around 800+sgd...
  • Hello po sirs. ask ko lang po kung ito bang LG 23MP65HQ Ang pumalit sa line-up ng LG 23EA53/63 ?
  • Anu masasabi nio mga experts about sa usb powered monitor?

tulad nito:
    External Image

mounting:
    External Image

laking tulong kasi nito lalo na kung nagmulti tasking ka
  • ^ I am also interested to hear from people with USB monitors. My use would be as a larger portable monitor to an 11-inch MBA.

I was actually looking at this: <click here for link>.

Just a TN panel but it's 1080p and comes with it's own case that doubles as a stand and it's really slim and portable and could easily fit a laptop bag with the MBA. Anyone seen/tried this yet? My main concern is input delay.
  • usb lang pala gamit nyan at download kapa ng drivers
    pero kung VGA malaki parin kaya input delay nun?
  • Freesync not free to the end consumer after all. Free refers to no licensing costs to display manufacturers pala. :-/

Project FreeSync Frequently Asked Questions
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/freesync-faq.aspx

Is DisplayPort Adaptive-Sync the industry-standard version of Project FreeSync?

&#8203;The DisplayPort Adaptive-Sync specification was ported from the Embedded DisplayPort specification through a proposal to the VESA group by AMD. DisplayPort Adaptive-Sync is an ingredient feature of a DisplayPort link and an industry standard that enables technologies like Project FreeSync.&#8203;

What are the requirements to use Project FreeSync?

To take advantage of the benefits of Project FreeSync, users will require: a monitor compatible with DisplayPort Adaptive-Sync, a compatible AMD Radeon™&#8203; GPU with a DisplayPort connection, and a compatible AMD Catalyst™ graphics driver. AMD plans to release a compatible graphics driver to coincide with the introduction of the first DisplayPort Adaptive-Sync monitors.

When can I buy a monitor compatible with Project FreeSync?

&#8203;AMD has undertaken every necessary effort to enable Project FreeSync in the display ecosystem. Monitor vendors are now integrating the DisplayPort Adaptive-Sync specification and productizing compatible displays. AMD is working closely with these vendors to bring products to market, and we expect compatible monitors in the 4Q14-1Q15 timeframe.

What AMD Radeon™ GPUs are compatible with Project FreeSync?

Project FreeSync will utilize DisplayPort Adaptive-Sync protocols to enable dynamic refresh rates for video playback, gaming and power-saving scenarios.

All AMD Radeon™ graphics cards in the AMD Radeon™ HD 7000, HD 8000, R7 or R9 Series will support Project FreeSync for video playback and power-saving purposes. The AMD Radeon™ R9 295X2, 290X, R9 290, R7 260X and R7 260 GPUs additionally feature updated display controllers that will support dynamic refresh rates during gaming.
    AMD APUs codenamed "Kaveri," "Kabini," "Temash," "Beema" and "Mullins" also feature the necessary hardware capabilities to enable dynamic refresh rates for video playback, gaming and power-saving purposes. All products must be connected to a display that supports DisplayPort Adaptive-Sync.

It is our current understanding that the software architecture of select games may not be compatible with dynamic refresh rate technology like Project FreeSync. In these instances, users will be able to toggle the activation of FreeSync in the AMD Catalyst™&#8203; driver.

In the end, proprietary pa rin siya just like Gsync. Akala ko against ang AMD sa proprietary tech at simpleng firmware update lang sa monitor yung Freesync so everyone regardless kung red or green can enjoy smooth tear free gaming.

Well, I hope it will really be more affordable though. Nakakawalang gana kasi presyo ng 1st gen Gsync monitors eh.

-- edited by MrBungle on Jul 30 2014, 01:23 PM

Who's Online

880 active users within the last minute, 457 members, 423 guests.
Our newest member is RSobQAomag
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys