User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

The Coolers Thread: CPUs / GPUs / HSFs / Fans: New Products and Reviews

• @Helly,

Thanks for sharing your setup and some options bro. Im using an ITX gigabyte H87N WIFI rev 2. Ang meron lang sya is cpu fan + 1 system fan header. Total of 2. stock cooler pa lang ako so far and may magagandang offer sa akin ng CLC. either antec kuhler or corsair pero hindi pa ako decided. preference ko mag clc instead na air cooler to avoid weight and mas may clearance ang clc for me. using bitenix itx case.

Please correct me if im wrong I read before that mas magandang i isolate yung fans sa separate power source, meaning wag nang gamitin yung sa motherboard. This is to avoid stressing out the motherboard channeling too much power.

one option daw is to do an all fans -> fan controller -> PSU
    another is to do an all fans -> motherboard fan headers (no more additional connection to PSU since yung board may power na). Then set some fans to full speed in BIOS (like you said), my stock cooler is running at max fan speed right now via bios sa board ko
  • ^ the NZXT G10 is the bracket only, actual cooler sold separately. :)

Bakit wala yung cooler? San nakakabili nyon?
  • regarding sa aio coolers, dadating ba yung time na need palitan yung coolant nia? may napanood kasi ako sa youtube, sinabi nung nagrereview ng cm 120x na may part dun cooler na lagayan ng coolant.
  • @Raincloud

@Helly,

Thanks for sharing your setup and some options bro. Im using an ITX gigabyte H87N WIFI rev 2. Ang meron lang sya is cpu fan + 1 system fan header. Total of 2. stock cooler pa lang ako so far and may magagandang offer sa akin ng CLC. either antec kuhler or corsair pero hindi pa ako decided. preference ko mag clc instead na air cooler to avoid weight and mas may clearance ang clc for me. using bitenix itx case.

Please correct me if im wrong I read before that mas magandang i isolate yung fans sa separate power source, meaning wag nang gamitin yung sa motherboard. This is to avoid stressing out the motherboard channeling too much power.

one option daw is to do an all fans -> fan controller -> PSU
    another is to do an all fans -> motherboard fan headers (no more additional connection to PSU since yung board may power na). Then set some fans to full speed in BIOS (like you said), my stock cooler is running at max fan speed right now via bios sa board ko

Since limited yung fan headers sa mobo mo, kung ako ang magse-setup niyan, here's what I'd do: 2 x fans on the rad connected to the CPU fan header via a fan splitter, then the pump connected to the remaining fan header.

Then yung additional fans (intake/s or exhaust/s) will be connected to the PSU via molex to fan cables OR connected to a fan controller. Mas prefer ko kasi na sa mobo nakakabit yung pump/rad fans, but that's just my preference. :)

Besides, the mobo fan headers can provide more power than what the pump and the rad fans require. Most fan headers can provide up to 1A of power, yung iba 2A pa. The Thermaltake Water 3.0 Pro, for example, only requires .175A to power the pump. .3A naman to power each fan (so .6A lang for 2 fans via a fan splitter).
  • thanks for the inputs! understood your point

Who's Online

1000 active users within the last minute, 567 members, 433 guests.
Our newest member is babywhipes
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys