Forum Topic

Asus Eee PC ultraportable laptop

• hmm..ok naman yung Rambo 1GB SD na gamit ko sa digicam, hot swappable, plug n play sya. no restarts / disable, re-enable kailangan sa kin. using Win XP and 0401 BIOS, pero kahit nung 8804 BIOS gamit ko, wala rin difficulties with the SD reader :)
  • @ clinton1675

di ko alam kung papano ung freight. ako kc uuwi lang pinsan ko this month kaya nakipagpabili ako. balita ko meron na paypal dito sa pinas kaso kailangan din ng credit card. meron sellers na binabalot nila as gift para walang tax, other sellers declare the item, buyer shoulders the tax, + freight. kung babayaran mo tax i suggest bili ka nalang locally kc pareho lang halos price. may warranty ka pa.

@ Xcalith

cyberzone megamall P19800 zero interest 1 yr. di ko lang alam kung meron pa, 2 weeks ago meron.
  • Complink straight charge credit is 18k only
  • anyone tried the Huawei 3G USB Modem ??

avail na daw sa pc-hub?

this would be a great thing coz, i think :
    its faster ( up to 3.2 Mbps 3g smart)
    it goes easy ojn the batt compared to wifi...

• may 8gb na ba eee pc?
  • @ kaimeera

3g usb modem, may lalagyan ba ng simcard to?
  • Same question!
  • san makikita ung 0401 or 8804? saka ano difference? pasensya na. tia
  • The 0401 is the latest release, thus more stable. Was running 8804 fine (overclocked), until I installed some drivers and started getting the BSOD\'s. sayang nga e, setFSB doesnt work for me.. :(
  • http://update.eeepc.asus.com/bios/

rapidshare mirror: http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?id=3485
  • yeah meron,,

and with smart, 20 pesos an hour, surf anywhere(as long as my signal of course) with dsl speed!!!

actualy ksama to sa official acc. ng eee according sa manual..

sir sir bakamboo ata nagmention na meron na sa pc-corner
  • magkano 3g usb? :)
  • Onga magkano kaya?
    3g usb ok na ok yan.
  • @Bakamoo

Saan yun? :)
  • @kaimeera
    i just saw it there...i want to know where to buy it too

@ifyousee
    its somewhere in binondo, its not those big shops like pcx or anything, its a really small shop in an alley like place haha, didnt even notice it till i saw the eee displayed in the window

-- edited by Bakamoo on Dec 11 2007, 11:37 PM
  • ayus ung 3g usb adapter. parang gusto ko ng ganun :) san po meron at magkano kaya? fon ko locked sa globe (issued unit kasi) sobra mahal (per kb ang charging) kung meron nito pwede na :) 10 pesos 30 min sa smart pag may alam kayo bilihan, sama ako ha.. tia :)
  • bakit mabagal ang transfer ng files on my 2gb SD card? 3mb file takes minutes to write.
    normal ba ito? tried a smaller capacity sd card pero same pa rin.
  • yup kahit cno may alam please post, wanan buy din, bulok ng school nmin, may wifi nga, hirap naman kumonnect haha
  • ^ sir my compatibilty issues pa kasi pag phone and hindi lahat compatible, and only newer phones suport HSPDA up to 3.2Mbps..

and its a cheaper solution..
  • 2 minutes for an 3mb file? medyo mabagal nga. I have to ask you guys, are using windows xp or xandros?

Sa xandros kasi, you have to mount the sd card, sort of like an HDD(linux experts, correct me if i\'m wrong)

I had a somewhat similar problem before. I have a wireless media server at home. I could open the media folder on my server, but when i clicked on a file it copied it to the ssd instead of playing it. The copy speed was really slow too.

I finally figured out the problem. While connected to the media server, I had to mount the drive(meaning it network my media folder as part of the eee\'s file system) and i was able to play the file just by clicking it..

Maybe it\'s the same way with the SD drive, it wasn\'t mounted so the speeds were slow..

Anyways, I moved to xp and i never had any issues with the SD or my media server anymore.

Sir I\'m on Windows XP SP2. Using 2GB Kinston SD Card. I\'ve formatted it several times on FAT32 pero bagal talaga mag write. No problem naman when reading the card. 3MB file tales like 5 minutes to transfer.

Incompatibility issue kaya ito or hardware flaw ng eeepc?
  • Medyo may problem writing data (especially large ones) sa Kingston SD cards. I have a 2GB kingston SD card myself and mahirap sia lagyan ng data. So what i usually do is just write the data on another pc with a card reader. The eeepc doesn\'t seem to have problems reading off the SD card though.

Try an SD card branded adata. It\'s fully compatible with the eeepc. I think it has to do with the speed of the sd card.
  • It seems that you need to use SD card with a speed of at least 80x. I think yung mga normal traveller series ng kingston na 2Gb sd is only around 45x to 60x (not sure kung 45 or 60) but in any case, kulang pa rin sia sa minimum 80x for reliable data writes to the SD card.

I\'m getting a transcend 150x and see how it performs.
  • @mondi
    are u serious bout the gprs thing? its so expensive hahah, if i really use it for checkin nba scores, i once reached 1k in hs...no thx...
  • I reformatted my eepc again with winXP sp2 and small file (20MB) tranfer to kingston sd card is ok na. pero pag 100+ MB na, error palagi. think its the sd card. where can i get those a-data brand you guys are recommending?
  • bro maraming a-data cards benta sa pcx...
  • @Fargin

Thanks bro!!!
  • turuan nyo naman ako magformat at install yung windows xp!
  • Are you referring to incompatibility issues with linux? :) Nasa magkano kaya range ng usb 3g modem? Actually, planning to upgrade sana to HSDPA capable fone,,, cheapest I know is Nokia 6120 around 11k sa greenhills para ma try ko 3G. Nokia PC suite in Winxp on my eee pc would not have any problems as long as I install the drivers.

yeah, not all are supported, or its kinda hard to find the drivers...

can anyone confirm how much is the huawei 3g usb?
  • It seems that a lot of you guys have problems also with the 2 gig Kingston SD card. It takes so long to write into it using the Eee. I\'m guessing mabagal lang tagala ang standard Kingaton cards... Will try something faster than that...
  • @Bakamoo
    where can i buy it? is it 8Gig? tnx.