Forum Topic

Asus Eee PC ultraportable laptop

• @rllaneis again
    haha i hate editing post

i think you could just add another 4gb sd card which will also be fast(???) can someone confirm?

for the xp, its already capable of xp, but there are talks bout it being bundled with xp...thatll make the price go up, im sure u have a (ehem) spare xp u can install
  • i have money enough for an n95 8gb (which is i am more tempted than to buy an eee)

so even if the bundle price goes up i don\'t care, as long as its black, xp and at least 8gb... i don\'t want to take the extra trouble of reinstalling stuff and adding an sd card

i\'m asking this so i can prioritize which to buy first (i still need to buy an hsdpa phone and psp on my 2007 xmas list, i might dropped the psp if what i want come this year)
  • To avoid disappointment, I expect the 8G version to be released around 1st week of January. :D Not too fond of SD cards. And other users have experienced incompatibility issues. Also, I keep it free for my digicam\'s SD. :)
  • so that wipes eee out of my 2007 list....

ot: now the temptations to buy an n95 8gb grows stronger with the absence of a competitor....
  • its really up to u rrlaneis, i cant go for the n95 since i need the eee for programming and cs :)

@cr1mson
    compatibility right after or after a couple of days/uses, cuz why didnt these users try before buying the sd card
  • waaa adrk got his eee first ahaha

yeah, ill be planning on doing the same as adrk but i probably wont go with 120gb...depends on the price na lng, i think ill go with 80gb, as long as its near 3k, not really much into placing things in the portable since i already have 700gb in my desktop hehe

@adrk
    hmm i kinda see why it might show those kinda errors ahah, dont really think sd cards are meant to be hdd haha, thx for the heads up, ill try to really have a super nlited xp :)

cant sleeep....tagal magopen ng pccorner lol

-- edited by Bakamoo on Dec 01 2007, 12:59 AM
  • my reasons for buying is for internet and movie watching (i have the office for work-related stuff)

i can do that on both on eee and n95, so hope i can hold my fort til january since i rather buy a 6120 then plug it to my eee for wireless anywhere (that\'s why i need it to be xp) than buy an n95 8gb and plug it to my dying laptop (i have globe IN-visibility btw for internet connection)
  • why pccorner, why not go for cooltoyz instead?
  • Saw the black eee pc yesterday at SM. Personally di ako masyadong nagandahan, pra syang cheap looking. Parang mumurahin ung plastic na ginamit. Kung sabay sila nilabas pipiliin ko pa din pearl white. Ewan ko lang kanya kanya lang siguro taste yan. Yung first gen iPod nano and iPod Video ko kasi white din pinili ko. About 8GB against 4GB SSD magkano difference 6 - 7 thousand. I dot think its worth it na. Binili ko eee pc kasi namurahan ako sa kanya. At 24-25 thousand medyo mahal na sya nadagdagan lang 4GB. additional 4GB parang wala na rin kwenta 4GB lang nadagdag sana 30 GB man lang pra malagay ko man lang nga movies ko. additional 4GB kulang pa nga un pang image ng nero pag nagcopy single layer DVD, kaya I\'m also having thoughts on buying an external DVD writter for this, parang pang play lang sya ng DVD movies di magagmit eee for burning, unless kakabit din external HDD then dun lagay image ng Nero.

@ifyousee

Cash. Wala daw free 1GB na Flash disk saka straight lang daw pag card, pero same price pagkakaalam ko.

-- edited by dhelle on Dec 01 2007, 08:01 AM
  • @rll

me? well naka reserve ako eh =( if only i didnt do it...aga kasi magannounce ng pccorner, and i really thought theyd have the pentium m black by nov 29...

wee awake now, now i have to wait for the store to open

sorry to ask again, what time does pccorner open at mornings?
    (why cant there be a search function, can anyone point me out to the search?)

-- edited by Bakamoo on Dec 01 2007, 08:17 AM
  • from pccorner
    <click here for link>

hope this aint true

. . . to be honest Celeron-M + the 1Gb version is a bit slow . . .I think the 1Gb version + the Pentium M should work better . . .BUT again for the time being . . . . . THIS IS GOOD ENOUGH !
  • How slow is slow?
  • i think thats a misconception. the main difference bet a celeron m and a pentium m would be that the latter has the advantage of speedstep. a battery saving tool . pero speedwise basically the same. although dont take my word as gospel truth. tanong natin sa mga masters natin dito :) anyone? sir cooltoyz? :)

just sharing my very limited knowledge...
  • not just that...

Pentium M has higher L2 cache, higher bus speed

so Celeron M is the crippled version of Pentium M ^_^
  • would it make a lot of difference in speed kung ssd ang gamit as hd pag higher ang L2 cache and bus speed? tanong lang din ako :) curious din eh. thanks for the inputs sir jcmarfilph
  • My final words....

File access will be better but SSD is not a savior IMHO ^_^
  • yey i got it na :) cooltoyz is right, this will get scratched

now, should i gmask it before or after it gets scratched aaha
  • umm isnt the cache for eee celeron and pentium m the same?
  • i know they\'r the same :)
  • foir the non working sd cards, umm theres a list in the eee usermanual showing pictures and names of sd/mmc/and other cards, most likely, these are 100% compatible
  • Heres your Celey

<click here for link>

Heres your Pentium M

<click here for link>
  • keyboard is kinda hard for cs, oh well i wont be playing everyday on it
  • di nga sila pareho :) galing ni sir jcmarfilph
    pero siguro ako pag gamit ko ng word and powerpt presentation (which i use my eee for) hindi ko na mapapansin ung 1mb diff in cache :)

-- edited by boyong on Dec 01 2007, 01:23 PM
  • yup for light tasks hindi mo ramdam ang difference ^_^
  • @ bakamoo

nakakita ako kahapon 8gb sdhc sa cyberzone mega, P4200. nakakatempt nga bumili :) class 4 pala yung nakita btw. sa manual kaya ng eee yung class 6
  • meron na ba kyo nakita na class 6, khit na 4gig lang, para mas mabilis mag dual-boot..
  • meron din dun class 6 na 4gb. 8gb na class 6 ang wala
  • umm how do i install xp in eee ? i cant figure it out....i already set in the bios the 1st boot device is the (usb/external hdd, ive tried both), then set the bios installation as start, then save, then pressed esc to show the choose which to boot, then i choose the usb/hdd then pressed enter, but after that, the eee just restarts and boots up the original os, anything i did wrong? (oh yeah usb is also enabled, i could restore to defaults if anyone would tell me how to set it up)

i tried copy pasting the contents of the image, and ive also tried just playing the .iso inside, both dont work
  • im too scared to ask the price haha

anyways, i went to pccorner awhile ago, they adding a device that acts like a portable internet, 20php daw per hour when using SMART SIM CARD

will wait for more announcements bout this, i might get it if mura lng
  • ^^ wow talaga?? un ung 3g adapter ryt!!! hueweii somthing..

how much daw?