Forum Topic

eneloop rechargable batteries

• Testing the new Nitecore i8 Intellicharger. Smart, All-in-One charger with 8 slots + 2 USB ports.

Product features below:

- Capable of charging 8 batteries simultaneously and independently
    - 2 USB ports for charging mobile phones and USB powered devices
    - Automatically identifies rechargeable Li-ion/IMR and Ni-MH/Ni-Cd batteries
    - Automatically detects the power level of batteries and selects appropriate charging mode.
    - Automatically selects one of the 3 charging modes (CC, CV, dV/dt)
    - Automatically stops charging upon charging completion
    - Anti-short circuit and reverse polarity protection
    - Over-discharged battery activation
    - Overtime charging protection

• guys,

I have the Sanyo NC-MQN09 (w) charger what non eneloop rechargerble batt. can i use?
  • guys, i have 4xAA Eneloop Pro black batteries. Laging low batt tuwing gagamitin ko sa flash ko kahit na full charge naman na sya. Using Opus BT-C700, nag refresh ako sa kanya, discharge and charge. After nun nagamit ko na ulit. The next time maubos sya, I charged it sa Panasonic charger na kasama nung batteries when I bought them. After ma full charge, ayun ayaw nanaman. This time kahit ilang beses ko na refresh, ayaw pa rin laging low batt pagsalpak sa flash.

Anu ba to sira na kaya batteries or may pagasa pa ma-revive?
  • ^I think sira na sir. Ilang taon na ba yung eneloop mo?
  • ^ siguro mga 3 yrs pa lang saken. meron ako nung white eneloops all of which are much older pero still working good.
  • may eneloop din ba na 18650? parang magkasing bigat lang ang isang aa na eneloop tsaka yung standard 18650....jan pa lang alam mo na kung anong klaseng quality meron ang battery.
  • @megasyxx
    I've yet to hear of an Eneloop battery of that size.

The opposite exists though-- there's a lithium-ion battery that's the same size as an AA cell: the 14500. <click here for link>
  • parang magkasing bigat lang ang isang aa na eneloop tsaka yung standard 18650....jan pa lang alam mo na kung anong klaseng quality meron ang battery.

because lithium ion batteries have lithium and nimh batts have nickel inside

nickel density = 8.908 g/cm3
    lithium density = 0.534 g/cm3

g = grams

Although hindi naman pure nickel/lithium ang laman nya

nimh 60–120 Wh/kg
    li ion 100–265 Wh/kg
  • The opposite exists though-- there's a lithium-ion battery that's the same size as an AA cell: the 14500. <click here for link>

but it has the same voltage as a normal li ion, 3.7v to 4v. 3.7 div by nimh's 1.2v = slightly over 3. So one li ion can replace 3 AA/AAA

here's a project of mine, before pics

• after

• ^
    I'm planning a similar conversion with an aluminum body CD-R King flashlight with adjustable focus, but need a 14500 (or better yet, an 18500) because it's not long enough to hold an 18650.

• top to bottom,

1. AA nimh

2. 14500 li ion cell

3. macgyver dummy AA cell. Its just a plastic pipe. The foil tape just makes sure there is an electrical connection between both ends. The duct tape makes sure it is the same diameter as an AA cell and it does not rattle around.

If your device is 3xAA, then you need one 14500 and 2 of these dummy cells. My digicam is 2xAA. I used a 14500 one dummy cell. This overvolts my camera from 3 to 4 volts. I was prepared to let it die as it was old na. But it works and super bilis mag charge ang flash!!!

4. 14500 to 18650 adaptor. Just a few magnets with tape around it. Purpose - so I can recharge 14500's in a 18650 only device like one of these na sira na ang fan

• ^
    I'm planning a similar conversion with an aluminum body CD-R King flashlight with adjustable focus, but need a 14500 (or better yet, an 18500) because it's not long enough to hold an 18650.

I chose that flashlight precisely because it is too long for 3x AAA and needs a short brass pipe. Remove the pipe under the + pole of the LED circuit board and its now perfect for 18650

Every other 3xAAA flashlight with the AA's arranged like this

in daisho and japan home was too short for an 18650

-- edited by AmalgamvsAloof on Aug 05 2018, 07:26 PM

-- edited by AmalgamvsAloof on Aug 05 2018, 07:27 PM

• you might need to do this to make enough room in a short 3xAAA flashlight

<click here for link>
  • Boss, let's move this discussion to the Macgyver thread.
    IIRC we're both regulars there. :D
  • OT. hehehe