Forum Topic

MSI Power Supply

• MSI MPG A850G

My favorite aspect of the MSI MPG A850G power supply is its high quality and power delivery. I chose this PSU over others because it has excellent 80 Plus Gold efficiency rating and fully modular flat cables which provide clean cable management.

The product has fulfilled all of my needs. With 850W of power, it can easily handle high-end components like Intel's latest 13th generation CPUs and Nvidia's RTX 4090 graphics card without issues. I have not faced any stability or compatibility problems.

The PSU has delivered beyond my expectations in terms of performance and noise levels. Even under full load, the 135mm fan spins quietly without becoming obtrusive. The zero fan mode at low loads helps reduce noise pollution.

The strengths of this product are its high power capacity, modular cable design, quiet cooling and robust safety protections. It also has a long 10-year warranty providing good peace of mind. One minor weakness is that MSI is still relatively new to the PSU market, but they have clearly done their research to deliver high quality. Overall, I would highly recommend this PSU for any gaming or workstation PC build.

-- edited by S4ddz31 on Feb 19 2024, 12:46 AM
  • Post deleted #12460991
  • I agree that the PSU is very quiet and cool, even under heavy load. I have not noticed any noise or heat issues with mine. The zero fan mode is a nice feature that keeps the fan off when the load is low, saving power and reducing noise <click here for link>. The fan itself is very smooth and silent, and it has a nice RGB lighting effect that adds some flair to the build.

-- edited by DevenFadel on Feb 25 2024, 09:04 AM