Forum Topic

Basic4Android for Android App Development

• Hello Android app device peeps, gusto ko lang malaman feedback nyo kung maganda gumawa ng android app sa basic4android
  • I just finished my first app using eclipse today, installed the eclipse ADT with android SDK yesterday. But when I see this B4A, and looking at beginner\'s guide
    this is more easier to me. Well I have more knowledge in vba than in java.
  • I have already gone thru some samples, running on emulator using the trial version, this is a very nice android development tool.
  • uu nga maganda nga yan sa mga galing sa vb kagaya natin, ano kaya limitations nito pag di ka sanay magjava?
  • Overall maganda ang review from stockoverflow. One disadvantage is the designer, you need to run the emulator to see how it looks, this is different in eclipse java,
    and I also observe this. Some guys there are concerned about Mapview, but they said the most important things are covered by B4A.

The author of B4A is active and probably is already looking for some enhancements.
  • naka pag upload na ako sample apps using bluetooth, natry ko rin yung guess my number app subrang dali
  • Have not tried the wireless thing yet. I am looking now on the possibility to read/write excel file, and yes there is a library to do so, thought of using this as
    a database. Other libraries are available only for paid users, like moving images.
  • actually yun ang unang una kong pinag aralan...yung pagupload ng app sa device via bluetooth, mataas kase requirement sa memory pag may emulator, ang di ko magawa ay yung pagdebug sa pc while the app is running on the device, parang vb6 din sya dapat
  • All right just completed connecting the b4a ide in pc to my tab device using my home wireless network.
    Now I can modify my dev app in pc and run it in the device. Cool

-- edited by ram2010 on Oct 13 2014, 09:13 PM
  • nasubujan nyo na ring magdebug? mukhang mahirap paganahin
  • I use debug(rapid), adding some break points, the app in the device will pause once a break point is reached, displaying some sort of a message the statement in the code that is hit.
    Then you can revise the code in ide in pc, save it with control+s, then press the continue button, or just press F5 repeatedly in pc, to continue with the normal execution.
    You can also see the logs in the ide, by selecting the logs pane and uncheck the filter to get more log messages.

-- edited by ram2010 on Oct 14 2014, 06:47 PM
  • may bayad ba yun framework for b4a?
  • May bayad at walang bayad. May mga library at support na available lang sa may bayad.
  • hindi ko talaga magamit yung debug...baka hindi sya compatible se windows 8.1?
  • If I got the time probably this weekend, I willl try to install it in my laptop with windows 8.1, I will let you know if it works.
  • ano nangyari sir sa testing nyo? nagging busy din ako di ko na naasikaso androin programming ko
  • sino po may alam na magconnect sa tablet to money validator? gamit po ang b4a.. need your help mga sir ^^
  • __lover__ Send Message View User Items on November 09, 2014 08:16 PM
    ano nangyari sir sa testing nyo? nagging busy din ako di ko na naasikaso androin programming ko

Hindi ko pa na try, wala pa akong time dito. Hold din yong development ko sa android. Sorry.
  • tipisee Send Message View User Items on November 10, 2014 04:01 AM
    sino po may alam na magconnect sa tablet to money validator? gamit po ang b4a.. need your help mga sir ^^

Tanong mo kaya ito doon mismo sa b4a forum? Developer kaba?