Forum Topic

Which is best? Prepaid Broadband sim - Globe, Smart, Sun

• Hi Guys,

I have bought these three prepaid broadband sims from the 3 telcos.

I have a Samsung Smartphone capable of HSDPA but I haven't experience yet getting speeds atleast 1Mbps from any of the 3.

I have been to areas in Makati, QC, Novaliches... to no avail.

May bias ba ang mga telcos? kailangan ba naka post paid skanila to reach those speeds ive seen here sa threads from 3mbps to 6mbps?

Kailangan ba gamitan ng plug it or pocketwifi pra mareach ang ganung speeds?

Hope you hear from you experiences guys.

TIA
  • I am interested in getting a pocket wifi if mas effective in using it.
    Any recommended brand and model?
  • postpaid or prepaid, huwag kang aasaa na youll get a steady 1mbps. it's wireless. may time na mabagal may time na mabilis. hindi sya stable. i would rather get a 1mbps dsl kesa wireless broadband.
  • @TS

for mobile networks speed and reliability you have to consider these two factors: location and time of day

and example of location factor would be: Makati CBD is a SMART network dominant area while Global City Taguig is a GLOBE network domnant area

as for time of day, you can access the internet faster at wee hours of midnight because of low network congestion

as for postpaid and prepaid differences here they are:
    Globe Postpaid - no capping/badwidth throtlling
    Globe Prepaid - 800MB cap / day
    Smart Postpaid - limited to but not entirely at 2Mbps most of the time (no cap)
    Smart Prepaid - can reach up to 8Mbps internet speed most of the time (no cap)

-- edited by orochi on Nov 21 2012, 11:47 AM
  • orochi

for mobile networks speed and reliability you have to consider these two factors: location and time of day

and example of location factor would be: Makati CBD is a SMART network dominant area while Global City Taguig is a GLOBE network domnant area

as for time of day, you can access the internet faster at wee hours of midnight because of low network congestion

as for postpaid and prepaid differences here they are:
    Globe Postpaid - no capping/badwidth throtlling
    Globe Prepaid - 800MB cap / day
    Smart Postpaid - limited to but not entirely at 2Mbps most of the time (no cap)
    Smart Prepaid - can reach up to 8Mbps internet speed most of the time (no cap)

Sr 22o ba eto wlang cap ang smart prepaid ?
  • Globe (any branding) = lahat may data cap
    Smart at sun lang ang unlimited pero may throttling sa speed like mabagal ang torrent pag peak hours pero hindi ganun kalala katulad sa globe na oras ma reach ang data cap gprs na speed mo.
  • all data capped

pero kung light to mid users ka sokpa kna sa 100gb a month ng pldt famhome 1499
  • Globe mapa 3G or 4G masakit (Based from experience) that it's purely impossible to watch on YouTube even in dominant areas.

Smart - Ok ito for almost everything but sometimes it drops to 3G (On some areas) but mostly it's around 4G or 4G+ signals. mobile online gaming somewhat isnt a problem with this.

Gamit ko ngayon ay Smart Prepaid lang.

-- edited by GerEdc22 on Aug 03 2019, 10:14 PM