User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

**Kalayaan Island (Spratly) / West Philippine Sea - AFP

• The EFV was designed to replace the aging AAV-7A1 Assault Amphibious Vehicle (AAV),[2] which entered service in 1972,[3] and was the marine corps' number one priority ground weapon system acquisition. It was to have had three times the speed in water and about twice the armor of the AAV, as well as superior firepower. The vehicle was to be deployed in 2015;[4] however, on 6 January 2011, Secretary of Defense Robert Gates recommended the EFV program be canceled.[5][6] The program, which was projected to cost $15 billion, had already cost $3 billion.[7][8]

<click here for link>

External Image

sa mahal nito malabo na makuha natin. and cancelled pa
  • External Image

Philippine court orders arrest of two for fisherman shooting
    2014/04/16 20:30:57

Manila, April 16 (CNA) A court in the Philippines issued arrest warrants for two officers from the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) Wednesday for obstruction of justice in relation to the shooting of a Taiwanese fishermen last May.

The Cagayan Valley Municipal Trial Court Santa Anna branch issued the warrants for Coast Guard Commanding Officer Arnold De la Cruz and Seaman 1st Class Mhelvin Bendo, with bail set at 12,000 pesos (US$269.88).

Earlier in March, the Philippine Department of Justice filed homicide charges against eight PCG officers over the shooting death of Hung Shih-cheng last May 9.

De la Cruz and Bendo were also separately charged with obstruction of justice because the gunnery reports they submitted following the incident indicated that 36 rounds of ammunition were fired at the fishing boat, while the actual number was 108 bullets.

The eight suspects, who have been suspended from their positions, have asked the department to reconsider their indictments, claiming that Hung's shooting was in self-defense as his Taiwanese fishing boat had been attempting to ram their patrol vessel.

(By Emerson T. Lim and Maia Huang)
    ENDITEM/J
    <click here for link>
  • ^ ganyan yung ginawa nun isang senator dati kaya nga yung bajo de masinloc napunta na sa china.katuwa!

At marami dito ang ipinagtatanggol yung senator na yan.. Sabi pa ng isang poster dito, sa iyo na ang island basta bigyan niyo kami ng fish. Ano na nangyari? Lalong tumindi ang pagka gahaman nila. May fish ba na ibinigay? Eh yung supply ng ng mga sundalo natin hinaharang..
  • tsk tsk tsk
  • Share ko lang:

A nice article from the Daddy'sStargazer's Blog.

Defense Blog 06: Is It A Wise Decision To Get Another Hamilton-class Cutter/WHEC? Should It Go To PCG or PN?

[quote]
    Is it the Coast Guard's turn to get a big-ass ship?

Even the DND Secretary, on the past interviews, acknowledges the need for "white-to-white" engagement in the West Philippine Sea. Now what is "white-to-white"? I believe that I already explained this on my other Defense Blog entries, but I would explain it quickly. "White-to-white" or "white-vs-white" engagement pertains to unarmed civilian ship engagement between nations. One good example is when the Japanese sent the Japan Coast Guard to block China's attempt to send militants in Diaoyu/Senkaku Islands. The attempt of the Chinese turned into a Water-Cannon-Fight as the Chinese were persistent on getting into the islands. Not to mention that the Taiwanese also joined the Water-Cannon-Fight. Eventually, the Japanese successfully repelled the "invaders" without firing one single fatal shot. But imagine, if the Japanese nor the Chinese went out of patience and sent at least one "Naval warship". That would prompt the other side to also bring out their own Warship to counter that action. Having two well-armed Warships in the area might risk a full-scale confrontation, if one stupid gunnery officer mistakenly fired one of his guns due to nervousness.

External Image

<click here for link>

Pareho kami ng pangarap ng sumulat, malaking barko (OPV) para naman sa PCG na maglalayag ng ating bandila sa WPS.

Can't the PCG request funds from the Malampaya? Anyone?
  • Hi Gerod! Yes, it's me DaddyStargazer. I also have a TPC account and when I saw on my site's traffic sources that some viewers are coming from here, I did a check.

Anyways, my point about the PCG getting the Hamiltons is not necessarily to get the next Hamilton. I just want everyone to realize that the engagement in WPS is "white-vs-white" like Ramming, Water Cannon, Repelling, etc. In that kind of engagement, you need a big ship, like 3,000 ton ship and up. The biggest ships of the PCG are the Tenix-class Patrol Boats that I think only weigh 1,500 to 2,000 tons. If it's gonna be rammed by a Chinese Coast Guard ship, it might capsize.

Thanks!

LIKE my Facebook Page at <click here for link>
    VISIT my Blog Site at <click here for link>

-- edited by daddystargazer on Apr 18 2014, 02:56 PM

Who's Online

330 active users within the last minute, 174 members, 156 guests.
Our newest member is ejtcergiv
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys