Forum Topic

Some helpful hints to new posters (Must Read!)

• First time here in TipidPC? \'Lemme show you the functions of the site!

*Home - Takes you back to the TPC homepage
    *Forums - Fora for tech talk and beyond
    *Sub-Groups - Offical \"clans\" of TipidPC
    *About Us - The team who maintains the largest online IT community here in the country
    *Contact Us - Suggestions, tech support, advertising, comments about the site
    *Mobile Phones - Takes you to TipidCP, TipidPC\'s sister site where users can buy and sell cellular and smart phones.
    *Training & Events - Hasten up your skills with these TPC seminars

Browse Items
    You would use this if you want to browse for items and devices.

Search TipidPC
    Use it if you want to find a specific topic, item for sale, item want to buy, or a member.

Training & Events
    Hasten up your skills with these TPC seminars

News, Articles & Previews
    Get the latest updates from the Philippine-scene of computing

Info Center
    *Trading Security Tips and Guidelines - Info on how to trade items and money with peace of mind.
    *How to Attach images - If you have actual pictures of the item you are selling (or finding), you can find steps here on how to upload them.
    *Premium Membership - Premium Membership is designed for TPC users who trades regularly and considers the site a place of business. It is founded on the concept of trust-building and establishing oneself as a reputable trader. A premium member is someone who has freely tendered their personal data to be validated and screened by the TipidPC Administrators.
    *Site Rules and Regulations - A MUST read! Contains rules that are enforced by administrators and moderators and must be followed by members.
    *Terms of Use, Disclaimer, and Privacy Policy - TipidPC\'s rights, responsibilities and legal stuff.
    *Lost/Stolen Equipment Registry - Register your lost items here for fellow TPCers to be vigilant on their purchases
    *TPC Shirts - Proud to be a TPCer? Show it off!

Got something to say? Post it here. Just don\'t forget to follow the site\'s Rules and Regulations, and be considerate in your post.
    *Subject - The topic title you want to use for your desired subject.
    *Forum Section - You will have to choose from the 9 forum sections to put your topic in. Names are self-explanatory.
    *Message - This where will you put the contents of your subject.

B - Bold
    U - Underline
    I - Italic
    Image - Use this if you want to post an image. Maximum of 640x480 pixels ONLY.
    URL - Use this if you want to post an external link.
    Quote - Use this if you want to quote another post

Resource Bin
    *Virus & Spyware Removal Discussion - links to the TipidPC Virus and Spyware Removal Thread. Questions and removal instructions about malware could be posted here.
    *Freeware list - A list of great software! You don\'t have to pay a single centavo for it.
    *Common Tech Acronyms - Wanna improve your tech knowledge? Here\'s how!
    *E-Commerce Law - Philippines\' E-commerce law.

User Options
    *Scam Alert - Lessen scammers and tips on how to avoid them.
    *My Account - Contains options if you want to change your account info.
    *My Ratings - View your ratings given by other members.
    *Post an item - Option to post your item for sale or want to buy.
    *My Items and Bookmarks - Manage your items for sale, want to buys, and bookmarked topics.
    *My Messages - This serves as your inbox and outbox, all your received private messages (PMs) are stored here.
    *Send a message - Used for asking a user personally, example; about the condition of his item for sale, etc.
    *Feedback Resolution - Have a problem with a member and he suddenly gives you a negative feedback? Or a scam feedback? This is the option for reporting about it.
    *Log off - Logs off you out of TipidPC. You cannot post topics and items.

Post an item
    *Section - Item for Sale (Selling) or Want to buy (Finding)
    *Item name - The object\'s/service name
    *Category - Every item has each category. Select one from the drop down list.
    *Price or budget - The amount of the item
    *Condition - Brand New/Used/Newly Replaced/Defective. Select the item condition of the item.
    *Warranty - Personal/Shop/No warranty. Select the warranty for the item.
    *Description - The specification of the item

B - Bold
    U - Underline
    I - Italic
    Image - Use this if you want to post an image. Maximum of 640x480 pixels ONLY.
    URL - Use this if you want to post an external link.
    Quote - Use this if you want to quote another post

My Buddies
    Tells you whether your TPC friend is online or not.

==========

TipidPC\'s Rules and Regulations: <click here for link>
    TipidPC Supplemental Rules, News and Announcements: <click here for link>
  • PC Problem?? There is some basic info needed to make helping a lot easier
    1. Describe the problem with as much detail as you can, even if you think it is silly or sounds stupid just still post it.
    2. What you had been doing when the problem occurred
    3. Your computer\'s specifications and operating system
    4. If you have recently add or removed any software or hardware
    5. If the problem is random or not
    6. If it is an on line issue is it every page or just a few pages
    7. If you get or see any error codes
    8. Have you checked for any problems in your device manager or system log file and if so what are they?
    9. Is system restore on or off
    10. Have you recently had a run in with a virus and do you have the following installed and updated
    Spybot s&d, Ad-Aware, and CCleaner along with your updated virus protection
    11. Have run a registry cleaner or messed with the registry in any way
    12. Posting the system configuration helps a lot when it could be a hardware problem. Also, taking a Pit test and posting the link to your test in the first post will be a big help.
    13. Make the topic indicative of your problem. Don\'t just write \"help\" or \"problem.\" Many people don\'t even open a topic so titled.
    and most important
    14. Take and post a free PC Diagnostic test: http://web.archive.org/web/20080530032153/http://pcpitstop.com/pcpitstop/default.asp
    (Requires you to register for free). NOTE: Internet Explorer 6 and up required. For Firefox users, please use the IETab found here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419

About the free online PC Diagnostic Test
    Just park your PC in one of our bays and grab a cup of coffee. Our automated mechanics will put your PC safely through a battery of tests to check its health, configuration and performance. In many cases, if our testing detects a problem you can direct our mechanics to fix it while you\'re online.

The diagnostics take between one and five minutes depending upon your system and modem speed. You\'ll be informed along the way on the status of our testing, and at the end you\'ll get a \'clickable\' report on your PC\'s health and performance. We keep all the information you give us private.

Example of test result: <click here for link>

-- edited by ParticleX on Jun 26 2011, 04:22 PM
  • Downloads Section

Anti-Malware
    Avast Free
    Avira Free
    AVG Free
    Spyware Blaster
    Ad-Aware
    Spybot S&D

UPDATED LATER

Old thread here (ty archive.org!):

<click here for link>

-- edited by ParticleX on Jun 26 2011, 04:30 PM
  • nice post sir, makakatulong to ng malaki sa mga bagong members natin ^^

up for this one
  • Good job sir ParticleX!
    *bookmarked*
  • dapat laging nakaup yung thread na \'to para mabasa nung mga new members.

-- edited by aldrin_ramirez on Jun 26 2011, 04:39 PM
  • Old thread here (ty archive.org!):

<click here for link>

sayang

-- edited by infoseeker on Jun 26 2011, 04:45 PM
  • sayang

oo chief, hirap icopy yung mga posts hehe. plus inaupdate ko na rin. later na lang :D
  • ayos. salamat sir ParticleX. :)
  • Up.
  • Unfortunately... nalimutan mo yung 2 pics per post rule sir :-)
  • Unfortunately... nalimutan mo yung 2 pics per post rule sir :-)

just reposted the 2 year old previously-pinned topic ;-)
  • haha. very helpful :)
  • pano mag post ng pix?
  • bakit kailangan pa refresh para malaman kung nag log out na ang user sa my buddies inde po siya real time monitoring

Who\'s Online
    xxxx active users within the last 3 minutes

heh

====

pano mag post ng pix?

take the time to read the whole guide, and you\'ll see
  • master,

sorry if this is a noob question pero how do I delete a thread i created? it seems wala yung delete option from the message board itself, i had a thread with same topic reposted thrice due to page errors and i can\'t seem to find a way to delete the other two. Please help. TIA! :)
  • afaik only mods can delete threads
  • @pcruztemp

ok sir. i\'ve already marked the thread N/A and deleted the text in the message box. i also left a message for the moderator in case he finds it out so he would know which ones to delete.

Sana lang hindi ako magka-violation dahil hindi ko naman sinasadya >.<

thanks!
  • Jugule on August 04, 2011 10:59 PM
    panu po mgupload ng pic?

Click below:

<click here for link>
  • nice article sir keep it up
  • for loud:

Sir ano gamit po ng Quote?

or Paano po mag re upload ng Item,,,para po di ko na inuulit isa-isa...

Tnx
  • For ParticleX:

Sir ano gamit po ng Quote?

or Paano po mag re upload ng Item,,,para po di ko na inuulit isa-isa...

Tnx
  • bookmark @_@
  • sir how can i attached image to my post?
  • pano magpost ng image?
  • sir pano po mg post ng item thanx
  • if you read the guide makikita nyo kng papaano :) @cold_heart_guy, @empire26, @jepsysimon, @ignorantech
  • nice
  • mga master help po new noob member po ako mg po2st po ako sana ng item.. panu po mg post ng pic ? tnx po
  • patanong naman ko kung bakit di po ako pwede mag post ng message? nagta try po kasi ako sa mobile computing.. pero di po lumalabas ang messages na pino post ko..

-- edited by downloadwizard001 on Nov 14 2011, 06:05 PM