>

User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

Share your story

• Hi everyone here. Abs here. Iím sorry if out of the blue and after years I started posting in the forum here it seems that when they closed the forum on the other site it left every forumer there with no option to fall back to. It is somewhat hard that after years of what one became part of you and after becoming friends with so many that would all be taken in a day. Anyway, please bear with me. Besides I am not here often the only times that I could post is one because I have been down with a flu since Sunday. Because when youíre sick there are a lot of things that go in your mind which is the opposite of what the doctor prescribes that you need to rest which simply you canít. The other time is simply when one needs to shake off some of the emotional imbalance and to unload. Oneís struggle to his own sanity.

What Iím gonna share for the topic today is what I call,
    My destiny with a Star.

I have never been a diehard fan for movie stars but I certainly love what the stars do and make Ė movies.

However, today is about stars. Just like the fame of Daniel Padilla. His recent concert shows how famous he is almost surpassing everyone in level. This guy is practically everywhere. I see his face all over watching tvs and I even see him on the cover of the notebooks! Once I was driving on the road and this delivery truck came up along and there was his blowup picture on the panel side of the truck with that little funny signature that looks like a smiley. I vividly remember how even his uncle Robin would have not been that famous. Iíve seen Robin upclose and personal way back in í90 during a town fiesta in Cuyapo, Nueva Ecija where his roots come from and at the time he was still up and coming in the industry. And I tell you, a man doesnít often admire another man Ė but with Robin all your complacencies would be stripped. Youíd be lucky if your underwear does not fall off. Mine Didnít. I was sure of that. Or at least I had made sure of that. Come on, a pure Filipino guy that sports a well-built cheekbones coupled with a good nose and on top of that mesmerizing eyes and thinly shaven beard. Whoís (women with every girly thing on theirs) not gonna fall for that?
    But my supposed destiny was not about either the uncle or the nephew. Itís about someone who was so big.

One day I was having lunch in one of those nipa makeshifts alongside the highway road in Tarlac. There were a handful of diners as well, some who had just made a stopover to eat but most of the people there were the delivery trucks and salesmen and salesrep. It wasnít for long I was sitting on the table and waiting for my order to be served when all of a sudden A white American wagon type screeched to an abrupt stop in front of the place and in the process had thrown off dust and smoke at us the diners. Almost everyone felt disgust and showed their dismay to the extent of hurling invectives at the driver. It took the guy at least three minutes before coming out his car. I thought he had to let the dust settle first or he had to wait for something or someone. No one from us, the people inside, dared to come out and confront him. Untill, he finally stepped out and went straight inside and had a look at us and everyone gave a little smile but not the apologetic one was expecting and without a word headed to the cashier. He pulled out his wallet and handed a five hundred bill to the cashier and from what I sensed he was trying to give instructions to the person in charge. And he didnít stay for more than two minutes which was less than what he had spent before getting out of the car. He sped off in as much haste as he stopped. Only this time, I took that he got careful driving off without the benefit of the doubt, err, dust. The lady who was in charge then got out and not long had hailed a family of three a husband, a wife, and a small kid placed in a cariton the couple was pushing. She then led them inside, seated them, and perhaps as what she had been told toĖ fed them. In that stance where you sometimes feel the guilt of living in luxury or for some even just the means to survive, you couldnít help but feel generous. So, almost everyone who were there but not all took out their wallets and handed any amount they can afford to the family. You could see the surprise look from their eyes where their weary bodies had almost denied the chance. After finishing my lunch, I went out for a smoke along with others who did and we had talked and laughed together for the unbelievable incident.

The second time happened when I was driving back to Manila from the North. It was about past midnight. As I entered the Dau Toll booth, in Mabalacat, Pampanga there was this another white American wagon type in front of me and at the window booth. There were only the two of us that time. As I waited my turn and it kind of irritated me as it was taking a bit of time more than the usual. I mean you just have to pass and stop and get your pass and run. However, from what I could see from my point of view, the driver and the booth teller were talking. It was midnight and I spent the whole day driving and worse I had not had any dinner yet at the time as I was catching up on time. So, I honked thrice or four times in an irritated tone. And I could watch the tellerís face turned worried and looked in my direction. When suddenly the driverís side door of the wagon slowly opened up and could see the left feet with the boot slowly firming up the ground. First was the black boot. Then second as slowly as it turned out the left arm with the white sleeve slightly rolled up. And finally the third where I almost peed in my pants were the Rayban sunglasses. Was this the end of my life! I am not prepared yet. For Godís sake I havenít been even married. Composing myself I opened my window at half and tried to offer my forgive me gesture not until he beat me to it first and physically waved at me in a saluting manner without him getting of the car completely. He offered a small smile and I found myself waving back and smiling too. After that, he sped off. Again. Which I then began to wonder, is this what this guyís all up to speeding up in a haste. After getting my pass from the teller, I tried to catch up with him. My 4d56 engine with a normal injection pump would have not matched his Chrysler 3.0 efi. The best I could do was to come up within 1 kilometer from him and after that all that was seem of him was a fleeting ghost and apparition in a white wagon in the North expressway! And in the middle of the night!

The third time and which was the last one I had seen him was when his mom died. My former landlady died and was interred at the same place as his mom. I had never seen so much stars and all sorts of personalities. It was like one of those preview they do when a film is about to come up and they roll the red carpet. It was like that except you got to see many stars not just for one night but for the consecutive nights. He came on the first night which was late at about 2 in the morning. He was wearing khaki pants and a yellow long sleeve polo shirt with the sleeves slightly rolled up as usual. Black boots and the Rayban sunglasses would have to be there. It so happened we were there in the ground floor where the room they rented was for his mom. The ground room was larger than most those of the upstairs and accommodated many people but of course cost expensive. So we happened to be there, my friends and I, who I shared lodging with in the room we were renting that time. I never saw which car he came alighted of but I could catch a glimpse of a unique american white wagon in the executive parking lot. Once he was about to enter the door to the room he looked at the people standing around and gave a faint smile. There was never sadness in the smile. Or was there any I could recall from every time he flashed it. And just about he was to enter he gave a chivalrous gesture of saluting the security guard on duty at the entrance and shook the guardís hand. The guard was of course elated more than he was star struck as many of us who were who had seen him.

I donít know if I believe in fate and destiny but coincidences do happen.
    Not just once, not just twice but even then thrice.

The consecutive nights were full of stars. One may not need to look up in the heavens to see one.
    Sometimes even when driving down the road tired and hungry Ė you just need to look out for a white American wagon.

Or better still, when the least you expect it toÖ During the wake as the refreshments (foods) were coming in from many sponsors and sources. I saw an unusual and rare six-by-six truck the one you often saw in those postwar that show Japanese and guerilla fighters in a movie. And in the side panel were plain white fonts that read: FPJ Studios. It was bringing truckload of food wrapped and packed in styro to the wake.
    And just as I was about to end what I took as my last night with the stars, there from the bed of the truck getting of clad in a maong and blue jacket outfit was Ė Romy Diaz holding a bottle of San Miguel Pilsen.

My head is now dizzy with meds i had to stop here or i wont.
    thank you for the time and chance and ... and yawn.. sleep.. zzzz....zzzzz...zzzzzzzz.zzzzz
  • ^He died 2005. This story would've happened more than a decade ago. Which brings me to guessing your age. XD
  • ^ oh, why yes, i am older.. but not that old.
    But life just passes you by.
  • ^
    korek!
  • ^ by that, i mean life passes you by in a wink.
  • as long as happy pa rin sir, carry lang :)
  • ^ Yes, ma'am. I certainly agree with that.
    it's being happy what we should live for everyday.
    besides, it's the only choice left for life - when you're in certain age. :)

I think i need to stop taking medicines my mind keeps wandering off.
  • Abs... are you on the femme side of the world?
  • ^ hahaha. No. fat chance of that happening. but thank you for asking.

Although I've rejoiced at the recent US supreme court decision to allow and recognize same sex marriage.
    Two reasons:
    One, the decision despite the other four dissenting justices, remarked on how a country that sits on a very solid ground of its own constitution can protect one and individual's right.
    Two, it is my personal opinion and my personal opinion alone that such love whether and whosoever holds the right definition on it should not be confined alone on what we know exist. One cannot question the other, as we all have the right to our own happiness.
  • mamamatay ako sa english...waaahh
  • External Image
  • Two, it is my personal opinion and my personal opinion alone that such love whether and whosoever holds the right definition on it should not be confined alone on what we know exist. One cannot question the other, as we all have the right to our own happiness.

Habang tumatanda ako, nagbabago ang pananaw ko sa buhay. Isang bagay ang relihiyon. Kinukuwestiyon ko ang bibliya at nawawalan nang ganang magsimba. Ang pakiramdam naman ng mga taong nakapaligid sakin ay lalong dapat nila akong akayin sa "tamang" landas. Story ko ngayon.
  • Kinukuwestiyon ko ang bibliya at nawawalan nang ganang magsimba.

Usually test of faith yan at lalong lalayo ka kung yung kinuquestion mong tao ay walang alam. :)
  • Habang tumatanda ako, nagbabago ang pananaw ko sa buhay. Isang bagay ang relihiyon. Kinukuwestiyon ko ang bibliya at nawawalan nang ganang magsimba. Ang pakiramdam naman ng mga taong nakapaligid sakin ay lalong dapat nila akong akayin sa "tamang" landas. Story ko ngayon.

I really feel what you are going through. At one point in our lives we really go through that. I agree with mixmasta, minsan "test of faith" lang yan and even more test of self faith na din and not necessarily your particular faith in whatever religion you believe in.

I neither suggest nor advise anything but maybe you could seek comfort and even inspiration from Max Ehrmann's poem. In fact, it somehow helped me survive being alone and lost during my freshmen year in college. This was actually included in their official freshman's manual survival kit and guide.

Just remember the saying if it's not okay, then it's not the end. My life isn't any better than yours or anyone, but I always try to live with that in mind.
    Well, kaya mo yan.

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
    and remember what peace there may be in silence.
    As far as possible without surrender
    be on good terms with all persons.
    Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
    and listen to others,
    even the dull and the ignorant;
    they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons,
    they are vexations to the spirit.
    If you compare yourself with others,
    you may become vain and bitter;
    for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
    Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
    it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
    Exercise caution in your business affairs;
    for the world is full of trickery.
    But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
    many persons strive for high ideals;
    and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
    Especially, do not feign affection.
    Neither be cynical about love;
    for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment
    it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
    gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
    Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
    But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
    Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
    Beyond a wholesome discipline,
    be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe,
    no less than the trees and the stars;
    you have a right to be here.
    And whether or not it is clear to you,
    no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
    whatever you conceive Him to be,
    and whatever your labors and aspirations,
    in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
    it is still a beautiful world.
    Be cheerful.

-- edited by absindex on Jul 18 2015, 08:30 PM
  • ^salamat.

Iquo-quote ko yung interview ni Frank Sinatra. Ito kasi ang kaparehas ng paniniwala ko ngayon:

Playboy: All right, letís start with the most basic question there is: Are you a religious man? Do you believe in God?

Sinatra: Well, thatíll do for openers. I think I can sum up my religious feelings in a couple of paragraphs. First: I believe in you and me. Iím like Albert Schweitzer and Bertrand Russell and Albert Einstein in that I have a respect for lifeóin any form. I believe in nature, in the birds, the sea, the sky, in everything I can see or that there is real evidence for. If these things are what you mean by God, then I believe in God. But I donít believe in a personal God to whom I look for comfort or for a natural on the next roll of the dice. Iím not unmindful of manís seeming need for faith; Iím for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Danielís. But to me religion is a deeply personal thing in which man and God go it alone together, without the witch doctor in the middle. The witch doctor tries to convince us that we have to ask God for help, to spell out to him what we need, even to bribe him with prayer or cash on the line. Well, I believe that God knows what each of us wants and needs. Itís not necessary for us to make it to church on Sunday to reach Him. You can find Him anyplace. And if that sounds heretical, my source is pretty good: Matthew, Five to Seven, The Sermon on the Mount.

Playboy: You havenít found any answers for yourself in organized religion?

Sinatra: There are things about organized religion which I resent. Christ is revered as the Prince of Peace, but more blood has been shed in His name than any other figure in history. You show me one step forward in the name of religion and Iíll show you a hundred retrogressions. Remember, they were men of God who destroyed the educational treasures at Alexandria, who perpetrated the Inquisition in Spain, who burned the witches at Salem. Over 25,000 organized religions flourish on this planet, but the followers of each think all the others are miserably misguided and probably evil as well. In India they worship white cows, monkeys and a dip in the Ganges. And witch doctors arenít just in Africa. If you look in the L.A. papers of a Sunday morning, youíll see the local variety advertising their wares like suits with two pairs of pants.

Playboy: Hasnít religious faith just as often served as a civilizing influence?

Sinatra: Remember that leering, cursing lynch mob in Little Rock reviling a meek, innocent little 12-year-old Negro girl as she tried to enroll in public school? Werenít theyóor most of themódevout churchgoers? I detest the two-faced who pretend liberality but are practiced bigots in their own mean little spheres. I didnít tell my daughter whom to marry, but Iíd have broken her back if she had had big eyes for a bigot. As I see it, man is a product of his conditioning, and the social forces which mold his morality and conductóincluding racial prejudiceóare influenced more by material things like food and economic necessities than by the fear and awe and bigotry generated by the high priests of commercialized superstition. Now donít get me wrong. Iím for decencyóperiod. Iím for anything and everything that bodes love and consideration for my fellow man. But when lip service to some mysterious deity permits bestiality on Wednesday and absolution on Sundayócash me out.

-- edited by mokomoko31 on Jul 18 2015, 08:58 PM
  • ^ I think you are bordering on both philosophy and religion. And that's probably what makes you confused. I think that while there is a thin line in there these two are entirely different in nature. Philosophy uses reason and critical reasoning - objective. Religion uses just faith and nothing else - subjective.

Here to illustrate it better:
    When I was a kid my mother used to say "oh, you know son, you're the most handsome in your class."
    If I tried to be philosophical about it I would go like "mom, thank you for the compliments." and then I'd look for the reasons as to how she arrived at that conclusion.
    But if and once i had faith on her, I would go, "oh, mom, you're embarrassing me."

-- edited by absindex on Jul 19 2015, 07:58 AM
  • Minsan bigla na lang dumadating sa buhay natin ang mga pangyayari. At kung sine-swerte o minamalas ka, magkasabay pa. Ang solusyon ko dyan, hayaan ko lang kung ano ang mauna. Sabi nga ni Justin Timberlake sa kanta nya, "What goes around... comes around.

Pero kanina halos magkasabay na nangyari. Kumbaga, split second in millisecond. Parang si Flash na sya ang kumuha ng picture pero nakatakbo pa sya para makasama sa picture. Ang bilis di ba?

Bigla kasi ako napahatsing at dighay kanina. Next time vi-video ko. Ang sarap ng feeling after. :)
  • ako pinagsasabay ko ang pag ubo at pag utot

para hindi marinig na umutot ako
  • Ang bilis di ba?
    ang tawag dun... delay timer... try mo sa settings meron yan :-D
  • @ emcel

Nope. Pinindot nya yung shutter tsaka sya tumakbo para makasama sa picture. Bilis talaga ;p
  • hahaha..ang kulit
  • Hay buhay

lumayas ako sa bahay lagi kasi may away. buti nalang may trabaho ako at may sleeping quarters at shower sila
    wala na ko aasahan ngayon kundi sarili ko
    okay narin siguro to para matuto na ko tumayo sa sarili ko

-- edited by roseneil on Jul 26 2015, 08:31 AM
  • @roseneil - Gugulo talaga buhay pag may away.

-- edited by pinch_me_not on Jul 27 2015, 04:51 PM
  • ^ sino nag aaway?

Who's Online

266 active users within the last minute, 129 members, 137 guests.
Our newest member is kokopie
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys