>

User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

Investing in Phil. Stock Market for Idiots..help please (ads, referral and traffic diversion links are not allowed!)

• ^depende po yan kung investor ka or trader... hehe :)
  • guys planning to invest for long term...wala ako time na ako ung mag hahandle for buying and selling so i was thinking ipapamanage ko na lang sa banko, what bank do you suggest na okay? and maganda din ba mag invest sa sun life?
    thank you.
  • @kui06 so UITF ang tingin kong para sayo. I have UITF (equity fund) from BDO so far ok naman sya but since i learned stock market investing hindi ko na sya nadagdagan. You can visit this site <click here for link> to check what's suitable for you. Goodluck!

-- edited by garyboy on Jun 24 2015, 07:55 AM
  • @garyboy
    thanks, what happen to your investment sa bdo? nag gain naman?
  • yeah almost doble na amount nya after 4 years. I'm so happy I invested my money in UITF back then :)
  • Green na MBT ko :)
  • Hello All,

I am new to investing the the stock market, equity funds, etc... But I really want my money to grow imbes na natutulog lang sa bank. Based sa mga nabasa ko, and also considering other factors, I think it is best to start with UITF. I plan for long term, probably 5 to 10 years. May question lang ako:

How would investments be affected by events that will/may/or may not take place during that period:

1) Presidential elections next year
    2) Tension in the West Philippine Sea
    3) Natural disasters (west valley fault quake?)
    4) Another recession

I might be over-thinking (LOL), I am not even sure if these are valid concerns (LOL), but as I've said, I'm just a noob.

Thanks!
  • @wow_lon

equity mutual funds are based on stocks. The NAVPS moves with the philippine stock market index but unless its an index fund it doesnt match the movement 100%. All 4 of the above may or may not affect the phil stock index depending on how they play out and how big the impact is. Also there are psychological aspects so even if the economy goes one way, the stocks go the other way.

Bond funds are more stable but I'm no expert on them

Dynamic funds (only one in the phils - sa sun life, but they only accept new investors from time to time and afaik closed as of now) are new. Theoretically maganda. When its a bull market, they invest in the stock market. Pag bear market, they sell everything and switch to bonds. But it hasnt been proven yet kasi bago
  • The power of compounding:

http://thewisemoneysteward.blogspot.com/2015/06/paano-kumikita-thru-compounding-sa.html?m=1
  • @beansent: paano maiapply ang compounding? is it in the form of dividends? or the price of shares over time?
    nalilito lang ako kung san manggagaling yung compounding.
  • The power of compounding:

does not strictly apply to mutual funds and shares of stock, tama ba ako?

it is just an assumption, kunwari lang nag e earn on the average ang ininvest mo ng 10%, and ni reinvest ulit ang earnings.

-- edited by phdot_com on Jun 25 2015, 06:23 PM
  • nalilito lang ako kung san manggagaling yung compounding.

Mangagaling yun compounding bro sa mga kinita mo na ni-reinvest mo like dividends and your profits when you sell your stocks.
  • nalilito lang ako kung san manggagaling yung compounding.

wag po malito. walang compounding sa shares of stock at mutual funds.
  • ^ paanong wala? LOL

Compounding is the process of generating earnings on an asset's reinvested earnings. To work, it requires two things: the re-investment of earnings and time. The more time you give your investments, the more you are able to accelerate the income potential of your original investment, which takes the pressure off of you.

Read more: http://www.investopedia.com/university/beginner/beginner2.asp#ixzz3eATN3FXg
    Follow us: @Investopedia on Twitter
  • More on asset appreciation ang stocks. Kung gusto mo ng compounding mag business ka.
  • time to buy na kaya sa FPH?
  • mga sirs / masters,

hingi lang sana ng overview...
    wala talaga akong idea with regards sa stocks, pero plan ko sana maginvest. advisable po ba na i-venture ko na ito agad or setup nalang ng small business?? if ever ba may kailangan akong attenan na training or seminar muna? kumbaga level 0 pa tlaga knowledge ko dito.. nalilito ako kasi may in-law ako na active sa stocks tsaka mutual fund, first advise nya is mutual fund nalang then after some time ineencourage din ako sa stocks.. hahaha. mas ok and safe po ba yung MF? then saka nalang ako mag stocks pag medyo kumikita na sa MF?

tia!

-- edited by m3chanix on Jun 26 2015, 10:40 PM

-- edited by m3chanix on Jun 26 2015, 10:41 PM
  • mas ok and safe po ba yung MF?

yes. kasi sa mf/uitf you let a fund manager who knows a lot more than you invest. lower risk but lower profits

go to the mutual fund thread

<click here for link>

then saka nalang ako mag stocks pag medyo kumikita na sa MF?

no. first of all safER ang MF compared to stocks but not totally safe. Pwede naman go into stocks after malugi sa MF as long as meron ka na skills (see below)

second, you can go into stocks not when kumita ka but when you the investor have the required knowledge.

mag aral ka muna and mag practice investing with imaginary money. And all the while nasa MF ang pera mo para hindi idle

-- edited by AmalgamvsAloof on Jun 26 2015, 11:10 PM
  • @AmalgamvsAloof

thanks sa inputs sir...
    i really had no idea on both subject... but as you said kesa ma idle ipasok ko muna sa MF. pero aralin ko rin itong stocks in parallel.
  • ^ paanong wala? LOL

Ay ganun po ba yun? Akala ko po wala nito sa shares of stock at mutual funds.

More on asset appreciation ang stocks.

Thanks sir, for the good inputs.

-- edited by phdot_com on Jun 29 2015, 01:29 PM
  • @m3chanix
    mas ok and safe po ba yung MF? then saka nalang ako mag stocks pag medyo kumikita na sa MF?

or you can try etf (FMETF). para na din siyang uitf/mf kasi hindi lang iisang stock ang nagdidikta ng presyo mo. but this time, you play on your own, no fund managers.

problema ko sa utif/mf, hindi real-time ang bentahan. unlike sa stocks, kung ngayon ka bumili or nagbenta, same price mo makukuha. unlike sa utif, for confirmation pa yung navpu mo kahit online pa nabenta.

newbie observation lang po.
  • the european debt crisis explained with animation, by Bloomberg

<click here for link>
  • mga sir question lang po
    ok ba na ibenta ko na ung stock ko na nag gain lang ng 3%
    plan ko kasi mag buy and sell pero no idea ako kung ilan percent ba need ko ma achieve para mabenta ko na sya

TIA
  • usually you only get a profit (may tax and comission e) when its over 2% or so.

you can sell at 3% pero kakaunti lang ang kita mo. Pwede yun if you are a high risk trader who buys and sells multiple times getting 1% each time.

you better decide what your goals are and what kind of person are you, an investor or a trader.
  • Thanks AmalgamvsAloof sa info I'm trying to be a high risk trader :D
  • ano ba ang magandang bilhin today? I have 23,500 on my buying power.
  • im torn between smph and mpi. :)

Who's Online

367 active users within the last minute, 179 members, 188 guests.
Our newest member is oOox2OxoOo
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys