Forum Topic

How to block stolen mobile phone using IMEI ?

• Hi TPC...

We we're attacked by "akyat bahay gang" while in baguio. I lost my phone (galaxy note).

Is it possible to block the phone using IMEI ?

My phone is open line and bought from grey market online store.

Please help

Thanks
  • If its grey market and theres no NTC approved sticker - no chance.
  • Hi TPC...

We we're attacked by "akyat bahay gang" while in baguio. I lost my phone (galaxy note).

Is it possible to block the phone using IMEI ?

My phone is open line and bought from grey market online store.

Please help

Thanks

yes but through NTC and is not really worth the hassle. plus it needs to registered with NTC first.

Requesting for IMEI Blocking

To block your cellphone from being used by an unauthorized user, please contact the National Telecommunications Commissions (NTC) at 0919-299 9999. NTC will require the following:

A properly accomplished Affidavit of Ownership and Loss with Undertaking (NTC form)
    Proof of ownership of the unit (receipts, barcode sticker from the box)
    Police report (in the absence of any proof of ownership)

-- edited by frequenzy on Feb 25 2013, 11:00 AM
  • not really worth the hassle talaga, yung mga ganyan hindi rin naman yung mismong kumuha ng phone mo ang gagamit, ibebenta lang din nila yan kaagad

Affidavit pa lang laking hassle na
  • napapalitan na ang IMEI kaya sayang lang, ingat ingat na lang po next time. pasalamat na rin po ikaw wala po nangyari sayo at safe ka.
  • thanks guys..

well, my concern lang sana is hindi na magamit yung unit.

Pero I guess no chance na ma block since it's not NTC registered?

There's no underground software to do this ? parang pag root ng phone? hehe
  • There\'s no underground software to do this ? parang pag root ng phone? hehe

via root and remote access pwede.. total wipeout or even the deleting the /efs root folder could render the phone \'unusable\'. Pero madali lang din ayusin yan.. idadaan lang yan sa Greenhills, ayus na yan.

I would suggest you to install some security app na lang.. its for tracing your phone or even remotely taking a pic of the suspect.
  • pumunta ako kanina sa NTC, box ng phone with IMEI, receipt and valid ID lang kelangan mo
    mga 1 week bago ma block
  • Agree with sitcoms

Or you can use the tracker ng Google - by luck you can track and alarm the phone just to annoy :p - kasi wiping the device just clears your data not render it unsuable
  • Xperia Mini ko nanakaw din, sana madali lang mablock. . since may NTC naman ung uni q na un. . .
  • idk kung gaano ka-effective yung hard reset proofing feature ng avast mobile security.
    pero yung tracking feature nya is working & accurate naman.
  • block stolen phone -------- <click here for link>

click the link
  • Phone Stolen September 1, 2014
    Sony Xperia Z1 black (with gold aluminum bumpercase)
    IMEI 358091058330090
    For NTC Blocking

Mahalaga sakin ang phone na yan. Kung ikaw ang nakabili o may hawak ng phone ko, pwede nating pag-usapan nang maayos yan. I will give cash considerations. Contact me 09064864181. Salamat.
  • Madali lang mgpa block. Nagpunta ako kahapon sa NTC. Box lang ang kailngan and bring 2 IDs. May form silang pina fill up.
    Friendly sila dun and inaccomodate ako kaagad. binigay sa kin ang land line nila and they told me to follow up after 3-5 days.
    Phone Stolen: Iphone 5s on Sept 19, 2014
  • @prettyangelMD hiningan ka pa ba ng affidavit?