Forum Topic

LG LD460 full HD LCD TV users! (No piracy topics)

• san po ba puede mag patingin ng LG TV natin? ung sakin kc meron power pero walang screen visual na lumalabas :(
  • Sa akin naman yung remote control hinde na masyado kumakagat. Replaced them with brand new batteries pero ilan times ko need ipress ang button para kumagat. Hirap ako magpower off/on or volume up/down. Lol
  • hehehe common issue pala talaga ung ON/Off
    napag tiyagaan pa naman ung TV pede parin sa movies, wag lang titigan ung backlight bleed saken parang MAP na malaki kapag white background e hehehe
  • Pa OT....sino na naka gamit dito ng Devant 50\" Ultra HD smart/3d...pa feedback naman po?
  • guys san pwde makabili ng Remote for LG 32LD460

orig

• guys san pwde makabili ng Remote for LG 32LD460

orig

sira na din iyo? akin din eh biglang hinde na narerecognize. im using now a universal remote instead
  • Got disappointed lately! My 3 year old 32 inch LG 3D LED TV posed some problems 3 days ago. I love 3D TV because it helps me widen my imagination and re-invent things in my mind. Much fun that I almost try to create a virtual tv (3D+) and suggested this to Panasonic but to no avail. I just hope I could be of help to our friends here who have a difficult time in choosing the right tv for them. Sometimes, decision making is a very challenging task that when you buy a unit, you have to consider the brand, durability, features (3D, 4K, ultra, smart, etc.), size, energy savings, environment-friendly, etc.

So, what went wrong with my LG 3D TV? When I turned on my tv via remote, I can see that there is still a standby power (I can still see a blinking light right below the screen), it still has sounds (no problem with audio), but, the problem is there is no display on the screen. It seems that everything went black like what you always hear from Sony's advertisement. I thought LG is a superior brand compared with other brands based on my previous experience of LG units and that proved me wrong. You see, despite that I am a tech savvy, I still find myself in a big room for me to explore more about LED TVs.

Thereafter, I try to find the cause of the problem and rescue my ailing unit. Since, my unit is no longer under warranty, I started disassembling the back panel (I unplug the power source first) until I see all the boards inside, beginning from the PSU, logic/main board, and the T-con (Note: Guys, if your unit is still under warranty, don't open the back panel, it may void the warranty). I did clean all of them from dust and dirt (sometimes, dirt and rubbish are the causes) and began my initial visual inspection for failed or busted electronic pieces, disconnected cables or wires, etc. So, far everything went good. Again, I tried to use a flashlight directed to the screen and voila! I still see something! So, my conclusion for the matter without any doubt is that it is mainly due to the failing backlights of the screen. Here's my afterthought about buying LED tvs:

1. Don't depend solely on brands. Samsung, LG, Devant, etc. have some issues over their units. Try to read some reviews and comments before you buy. Sony has a good reputation that a bunch of their units last more than 5 years although I'm not a Sony fan.
    2. Common problems in LED TVs are the capacitors that behaves wrongly overtime and the backlights easily busted after 3-5 years of service. Although, LEDs are expected to last for 40,000 hours, but, the guarantee is very slim. Try to lower the backlight setting to 50 or even lower to prolong the backlights life.
    3. It is a good thing to note that after sales service of the unit is very important. Not only that accredited service shop must have a good reputation for customer care, but, you need also to consider the service costs, especially, when warranty period is over. LG service/repair center charges P1,800 for their labor cost and replacing defective parts with new ones could add more costs.
    4. Do not overuse or misuse your unit for a long period of time. Usually, electronic appliances consume energy and some energy is dissipated as heat. You see electronic pieces hate too much heat that usually make them fry. If you are a telenovela addict and can't help not watching your favorite episodes, try to install a cooling fan on the back panel or turn your aircon on (but this keeps your bills up).
    5. Lastly, consider your budget. If you think you can easily buy a new unit after 3-5 years, well, drop that old one, and then, buy a new one. Surely, that's good for the economy but not for everyone's pocket. However, if you're on a tight budget, then, look for more durable and cheaper ones. Unfortunately, at this point, when we speak of durability, all of them showed otherwise. Frankly speaking, most of china made products are disposable, but, to make it safer just buy the ones that will cost you less while you enjoy the unit together with your loveones. Good luck!

If you have questions, feel free to ask me. Thanks.
  • help naman baka alam nyo pano i repair mga dots sa tv ko TIA

• ^
  • @baktolito

Did someone repair your tv? Seems like he forgot to install (or not properly installed) the diffusers. Could also mean defective main board or lcd screen.

Well, I need to check it personally to properly diagnose. This is too way simple.
  • @CoolPal

Your problem is cheesy weesy. I got this type of problem and I repaired it my own at no cost at all. If you go to the service center, surely, they will charge you more than P3,000. LOL.
  • @SOMER

Just buy a UNIVERSAL remote control. That would costs you around P100-P300 only.
  • okay pa till now tong HDTV ko...granted marami ng scratches since nagging TV ng bayan still eto pa din pinakamatagal kong nagging TV