>

User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

US Online Shopping - pobox.ph, johnny air cargo, others(FAQ on page 241, Stolen items on page 208)

• Forex charged me on when I asked them to shipped. Here's the timeline of my box:

Nov 11 - Received 1st item
    Dec 10 - Requested to store the items for 1 month
    Dec 31 - Asked to pack and ship
    Jan 6 - Forex noted my packing request
    Jan 9 - Followed up on request as I haven't received an invoice yet, they replied, 'short delays in processing ship out requests'.
    Jan 14 - Box loaded in container

Got charged $40. Breakdown:
    $25 Box
    $5 Packing
    $10 Add'tl 1 month storage fee

Good to know this example. Unfortunately my case is not so clear and may or may not be a counter-example.

Box open time 8/15 (US)
    Request to pack and ship 10/15 (PHT)
    Received 10/31, Loaded 11/01

Got charged $20 storage (2 months) and $10 consolidation.
    It could be that they go by request date, and I just happened to miss the cutoff by one day.
    Or they went by ship date in my case.

-- edited by cadr on Jan 23 2015, 12:17 PM
  • pag ba sa johhny cargo ako ng padala ng car parts hindi na dadaan sa customs sa pasay? the value that im going to send is 800$ and i was thinking to ship it via air
  • May iba pa ba dito na nakagamit ng LBC shipping cart? I was wondering how long it would take them to process a Ship now request para lang maplan ko kung kelan arrival ng box ko.

@Pleau

Bakit sakin okay naman ang LBC shipping cart? I log in multiple times a day to track some of my incoming items (excited much? hehe) and never ko naman na-encounter na down ang site or di ako maka-login.
  • @constantina

it seems like may problema sa internet ko. working sya using my mobile data :)
  • pag ba sa johhny cargo ako ng padala ng car parts hindi na dadaan sa customs sa pasay? the value that im going to send is 800$ and i was thinking to ship it via air

Pobox FAQ says "large car parts" are prohibited. Forex FAQ says "big car parts, tires, wheels, mags" are prohibited. (Anyone know why?)

Don't know about JAC. Better ask and also about customs. Definitely, customer does not pick up at PH customs but as to whether the package "passes" customs or may be subject to customs inspection or may be subject to additional tax/fees based on inspection or on how JAC declares it ... better ask JAC. Let us know the answer.
  • Pobox FAQ says "large car parts" are prohibited. Forex FAQ says "big car parts, tires, wheels, mags" are prohibited. (Anyone know why?)

http://www.tariffcommission.gov.ph/eo-156

... Prohibition of Used Vehicles Importation - To ban importation of all types of used motor vehicles and parts and components, except those that may be allowed under certain conditions. ...
  • Re Carparts:

Try to message usa2pilipinas. I saw this when I was browsing their site - car tires.

Sept 2013:
    <click here for link>

August 2014:
    <click here for link>
    Baka nagbago na rules ngayon about it, so try to ask them na lang.

-- edited by eamskie on Jan 24 2015, 04:07 PM

-- edited by eamskie on Jan 24 2015, 04:08 PM
  • Guys do you know any forwarding/freight services that consolidates in Sweden, Italy or UK? Services like what Forex/POBox/MSB offers. Greatly appreciate any input. Thanks

-- edited by johnnymc on Jan 24 2015, 11:57 PM

-- edited by johnnymc on Jan 25 2015, 12:11 AM
  • ^ Tried Forex Cargo UK before. Compared to Forex US/PH, customer service/communication was very poor to non-existent. After reply to initial inquiry, did not reply to several e-mails after items were delivered to their UK warehouse. Did not provide tracking number. Managed to get number from their local delivery "arm" (Umac) only after many follow ups and when shipment was about to be delivered. Communication between Umac PH and Forex UK poor/slow (just e-mail). Billing system/process deficient to say the least.

Supposedly there is a local pinoyboxdelivery.com website now that uses Forex Cargo UK, but not clear the relationship and difference with Umac, and whether customer service is any better than dealing with Umac or directly with Forex UK. Anyone tried this?

-- edited by cadr on Jan 25 2015, 02:03 PM
  • Got my package after a week from MSB, still waiting for my 2 other packages, so far it looks like they're charging me per item altho it's still ok since the items I bought is expensive here so i still saved a few hundred pesos or so. The only thing that's slow is when they received my item and the processing takes 3 days or so to be shipped here in the Phils. I hope it'll be faster than that.
  • @hael
    all watches and most electronics are charged PER item by weight. even if the vendor sends all items in one package, msb will still charge on a per item basis. it used to be that they accept on a per package basis as far as this type of items are concerned. but i guess it was either abused by some customers or msb realized they can make more money by charging per item. but as you said, nakamura pa din naman kahit binago na nila ang pag-charge nila.
  • anybody here tried shipping perfumes via MSB or JAC? thanks!
  • @guguly

oo nga po, parang ganun na nga ginagawa nila, yung una ko package, it consisted of phone case, tempered glass, charging dock, microfiber cloth kasi baka kako mabasag yung tempered glass na binili ko... pero per item chinarge nila sakin dun, still nakamura pa din naman ako so ok na din, medyo nababagala lang ako talaga magprocess sila once na nakuha na nila item ko, like right no, they received it Jan 21 and I authorised the shipment the next day, Jan 26 na e di pa din napapadala pabalik ng pinas, sabi sa site nila 2-3 days ang processing nun, last time e 2 days pa lang napadala na nila, that was weekend as well, so I dunno what changed or why the delay, already emailed them but no reply yet from them..

I might try LBC shipping the next time, mas makakamura kaya ako dun? hmm...

@wala_hello

accdg to MSB and their site, di daw po pede any liquid or flammable, like perfumes... yun nga din sana bibilin ko e, e kaso baka maharang pa, sayang din yun...

-- edited by hael on Jan 26 2015, 07:49 AM
  • Minsan napapaisip ako dyan sa customs issue nila eh how come the boxes that we sent un kami ang ng pack and ship hindi na open while those who order online are the ones that keeps on losing items, im pretty sure customs has their own baggage scanners and its not manually done, unlike here in philippines, for sure they cant track their people who does it kaya watch list nalang ang mga ganyang items, mga balik bayan boxes ko when i was there we packed it and was the same packaging when it arrived here. Hope someone clarifies this.
  • @hael

hindi na talaga nasusunod yung schedule nasa website ng msb. from receiving item up to delivery to my doorstep, inaabot ng around 3 weeks. so far naman, lahat ng inorder ko through them ay dumating. in your case, baka napadala na yung items mo kaso hindi updated ang account. their slooow also in updating.
  • ^ Tried Forex Cargo UK before. Compared to Forex US/PH, customer service/communication was very poor to non-existent. After reply to initial inquiry, did not reply to several e-mails after items were delivered to their UK warehouse. Did not provide tracking number. Managed to get number from their local delivery "arm" (Umac) only after many follow ups and when shipment was about to be delivered. Communication between Umac PH and Forex UK poor/slow (just e-mail). Billing system/process deficient to say the least.

Supposedly there is a local pinoyboxdelivery.com website now that uses Forex Cargo UK, but not clear the relationship and difference with Umac, and whether customer service is any better than dealing with Umac or directly with Forex UK. Anyone tried this?

Thanks a lot cadr. How many days (without port congestion or Christmas rush) before dnyo mareceive sir from the time of depsrture sa UK port? Do they offer door to door delivery and what about the billing process, one time payment po ba for every shipment katulad sa Forex US(walang extra charges pagdating dito sa Pinas)?
  • Ang tagal ng MSB ngayon ha...
  • How many days (without port congestion or Christmas rush) before dnyo mareceive sir from the time of depsrture sa UK port? Do they offer door to door delivery and what about the billing process, one time payment po ba for every shipment katulad sa Forex US(walang extra charges pagdating dito sa Pinas)?

My shipment through Forex UK took 10 days from warehouse delivery to ship, then 1.5 months ship to delivery, with no transparency -- no status/updates, no replies to e-mail, no tracking number until very close to delivery (extracted with effort from Umac).

Unless anyone has a better suggestion for UK, suggest you look into pinoyboxdelivery.com. Their FAQ has some info but for other details, have to e-mail or call them. e.g., Who are they? Where is their office? Are they a separate/independent Philippine company or just Umac in disguise? Do/can they give BIR-recognized Official Receipt? Let us know what you find out.

-- edited by cadr on Jan 26 2015, 11:06 AM
  • tagal nga ng MSB, nakuha ko ung nov 2nd week items ko last friday lang ata :)
  • Parang nang-aasar tong Amazon na to. I complained about an order na mali ang schedule ng delivery nila. I chose 2 days at checkout but the date they gave me equates to 4 days. So nagpost ako sa Amazon forum about it. The following day, nabago ang delivery date sa order page ko. Imbes na Tuesday naging Saturday. So nung dineliver nila sa LBC warehouse ng saturday, malamang walang tao. Walang nag-receive ng package at basta na lang ata nila iniwan dun. @.@ Nag-aalala tuloy ako baka mawala yung item ko. :(

Another problem is, another package was delivered last Saturday but since sarado nga ang LBC, they said the package is now in the post office and will be redelivered on the next delivery day. Okay lang kaya yun? Maredeliver nga kaya today (Monday sa kanila)?
  • ^most probably, ano pong delivery service yung ginamit? UPS, USPS, or AMZN_US?

Dapat po chat support agad at hindi sa forums kayo nag sabi tungkol sa amazon issue. Mas mabilis nila machecheck kapag po ganun.
  • @ormoreno USPS.

Actually may previous issues na ko na di naman naresolve ng Amazon chat support. Pero pag nagpost ka sa forum dun, inaaksyunan agad nila. :)
  • hi people here, ask ko lang po kung ano feedback nyo sa aliexpress? plan ko kasi bumili jan.. is this legit site? thanks.. :)
  • hi people here, ask ko lang po kung ano feedback nyo sa aliexpress? plan ko kasi bumili jan.. is this legit site? thanks.. :)

Yes legit site some items are good some are not pero hindi naman scam.
    May buyer protection din sila preferrably transact with sellers using escrow

Bought a Digital Optical/Coaxial to RCA converter for 9.65$
    Includes the power brick and optical cable.

Okay naman

Next is a Slimport(Display port) adapter for Nexus 7 2nd gen.
    Doesn't include an HDMI cable or connector.

Maluwag yung mismong micro USB connector niya kailangan pang naka angle yung connection.
    maghahanap na lang ako ng chromecast adapter kesa masira USB port nito.

Hindi okay

Iphone 4G battery(Doesn't include spudging tool or torx screw driver)

Mura lang kuha ko and okay nung una yung battery pero as of late medyo matagal na mag charge.

Okay naman.

Items have a tracking number and usually arrive to PH in 2-3 weeks. Tapos another 1-2 weeks sa post office based on tracking and receiving post office card.

Usually 1 month nasakin na yung item.
  • Thank you sir for the answer.

Meron pa ba ibang site like aliexpress?

Pa suggest naman.. Thanks!
  • Update: Nadeliver na yung isang package ko from USPS. Medyo magulo tracking status ng USPS but bottomline is: they were able to deliver the package today. Yehey!

Re: package from Amazon left at the 'mailbox', nag-email na ko sa LBC about it and Carlo (cs) said that they will inform their US office (Hayward, CA) about it. No new update yet. Sana makita nila.

Weird thing that happened today about LBC: usually I get emails about my received items in the morning. So kung nadeliver kanina (Monday day time sa kanila) by morning madami na kong emails about the items I got there. But today, no LBC emails from me. :( Sana bukas meron na. Baka maraming dumating na packages kanina kaya di nila na-process at napicture-an lahat.
  • hello. do you know any other air cargo service in San Francisco, California, aside from JAC and LBC?

LBC refused to send my electronic item saying that customs are quite strict at the moment with such items. I do not understand since we have to pay the import taxes.
  • how about banggood.com may nka try na po ba sa inyo? thanks!

Who's Online

339 active users within the last minute, 194 members, 145 guests.
Our newest member is valenbut
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys