>

User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

US Online Shopping - pobox.ph, johnny air cargo, others(FAQ on page 241, Stolen items on page 208)

• ^ OK thanks. Saw several blogs about EMS pickup. If customs duties/tax was P400+ for about P1,800 of toys, about 20%, I guess not too bad. Cheaper than having seller ship to US and paying Forex $45/55 for red or blue, and you will get it sooner (maybe). But then there is fuel cost and time to go to Pasay and wait in line...

According to this Jan 2014 blog, the wait was 4 hours!
    <click here for link>
  • I've been to EMS pasay last week arriving there at around 10:30 AM. Took about 2 hours and a half to claim my item. Though mukhang simple / straighforward yung procedure, the problem I believe is that there's only a few customs inspectors. At most there's only two inspectors (there are other customs in there but only assist in opening the package) checking the packages and kung medyo magtagal pa yung inspection sa isang package and maraming nakapila, talagang magtatagal. Better get there early if you want to finish early. Also as mentioned recently on blogs, the fixed 515 pesos fee (import processing fee/documentary gee) has been abolished and reduced to 15 pesos only. So basically you'll only pay for the duty rate (varies depending on item) plus the 12% VAT, thus reducing the fee you need to pay. Also separate from the customs fees is the Philpost fee of 100 pesos for each package/parcel.

If the country of origin offers Registered SAL (not airmail or registered Airmail), you might also want to try that. It also has tracking but only updated until the item leaves the country of origin (Philpost seems to not update this once it lands in the Philippines). Good thing about this is that this arrives on your local post office (even if there are custom charges) and has a higher change of avoiding custom charges (plus if you know your local philpost personnel, it might be easier to 'discuss' things, hehe). I usually use this, when shopping online from Japanese shops (ordering anime figures, gundams and the likes) and usually arrives within 10 business days in my local PO (here in Cavite City). Also I didn't have any issues like losing an item, etc. Though of course the arrival time as well as security of the package might vary depending on location (if there are frequent cases of losing packages in your local PO, then you might want to re-evaluate if you want them to handle your parcel)

-- edited by kyrios on Mar 30 2015, 12:12 PM

-- edited by kyrios on Mar 30 2015, 12:13 PM
  • According to him, masayahin daw yung customs officers dun sa Pasay. I guess they replaced the officers there nung nagkaron ng overhaul ang BOC. Iba rin daw yung room ng opening of packages sa cashier where you will pay the tax, which I think is a way to curb corruption. Yung mga tao daw sa cashier ang mga nakasimangot. Haha.
    His experience is way different than what was described in blog posts made years ago.

Yeah ok yung mga inspectors, and they do small talks. About sa mga cashiers, I don't think nakasimangot, but medyo seryoso lang. Also it's a good thing they already abolished the 515 pesos fixed fee. I believe this is one of the major complaint of people why it seems that the tax of small value parcels (2000 pesos for example) looks like it's 50% of the value of the product.
  • Mar 30, 2015 12:08:50:000 MANILA, PH PROCESSING CONTAINER (CUSTOMS)
    Feb 27, 2015 17:43:42:000 DEPARTED LONG BEACH PORT INTRANSIT (VESSEL)
    Feb 17, 2015 12:50:11:000 LONG BEACH-CA TERMINAL RECEIVED (PORT)
    Feb 13, 2015 18:36:30:100 LOS ANGELES (LAX) CA, US LOADED (CONTAINER)
    Feb 13, 2015 15:08:56:000 LOS ANGELES (LAX) CA, US RECEIVED (OFFICE)

forex update :D
  • My box status:

Mar 04, 2015 17:48:34:000 DEPARTED LONG BEACH PORT DEPARTED (VESSEL)
    Feb 28, 2015 20:25:38:000 ON-BOARD OOCL CANADA 031W LOADED (VESSEL)
    Feb 25, 2015 18:42:35:000 LONG BEACH-CA TERMINAL RECEIVED (PORT)
    Feb 19, 2015 13:34:29:327 LOS ANGELES (LAX) CA, US LOADED (CONTAINER)
    Feb 17, 2015 16:27:22:000 LOS ANGELES (LAX) CA, US RECEIVED (WAREHOUSE)
  • Hi, guys! Can you suggest ng mga service na mas better aside from POBox and Forex pero yung per box, nagcoconsolidate at via sea cargo parin. Naubos na talaga pasensya ko sa POBox. Wala naman akong problema sa price nila but for the price that I pay - price of box + $18 provincial delivery - napakapangit ng service ng POBox sakin. Nightmare talaga! Laging inaabot ng lagpas 2 buwan ang mga box ko bago madeliver dito sa bahay. Hindi naman liblilb na lugar dito samin, may lbc nga dito eh. Pero di ko maintindihan kung bakit umaabot ng 2 buwan bago nadedeliver yung box ko. 1 month pa lang nasa manila port na box ko pero 1 buwan din nakatunganga sa warehouse ng POBox yung box ko bago nila mai-deliver dito sa bahay namin. Yung box ko ngayon, March 11 pa lang Unloaded na pero hanggang ngayon di parin nadedeliver. Sabi nila sakin March 29 pa daw TENTATIVE departure to Davao. Anak ng! Mag-iisang buwan na!

Yung Forex naman, hassle kasi wala akong BDO at di rin sila tumatanggap ng Paypal. Walang malapit na BDO dito samin kay napakahassle.

Patulong naman kasi kelangan ko na naman magsend ng box. TIA!

-- edited by rikides on Mar 30 2015, 10:59 PM
  • ^ Warehouse of Pobox in PH? Where and what for? I thought Pobox uses Forex so Metro Manila as well as provincial delivery is handled by Forex not Pobox?

Forex has BPI account. Should be able to pay by deposit or electronic funds transfer.
  • oonga e.. naalala ko noon may promo daw.. pobox.. less 20% pag bpi.. i called them since i have bpi account and credit card.. wala makapagbigay ng info pano magbayad sa pobox using bpi availing the less 20%
  • Finally, got everything from OOCL Memphis 016W...

Feb 6 on-board OOCL Memphis, Feb 25 in-transit, delivered Mar 22
    Feb 19 in-transit OOCL Memphis, delivered Mar 27
    Feb 18 on-board OOCL Memphis, Feb 19 in-transit, delivered Mar 30

8 days difference in delivery of boxes from same vessel.

Any word from Forex as to why they stopped giving vessel name in tracking (according to some recent posts) ?

-- edited by cadr on Mar 31 2015, 08:39 AM
  • The updated my status:

Mar 31, 2015 05:07:45:000 MANILA, PH PROCESSING CONTAINER (CUSTOMS)
    Mar 04, 2015 17:48:34:000 DEPARTED LONG BEACH PORT DEPARTED (VESSEL)
    Feb 28, 2015 20:25:38:000 ON-BOARD OOCL CANADA 031W LOADED (VESSEL)
    Feb 25, 2015 18:42:35:000 LONG BEACH-CA TERMINAL RECEIVED (PORT)
    Feb 19, 2015 13:34:29:327 LOS ANGELES (LAX) CA, US LOADED (CONTAINER)
    Feb 17, 2015 16:27:22:000 LOS ANGELES (LAX) CA, US RECEIVED (WAREHOUSE)
  • Is it just me or is something wrong with JAC Plus tracking lately ... not getting updated? Already picked up a package from JAC Makati one week ago, but invoice number still not showing up on tracker. Says "No reports on your package yet".

Does picking up a package from Makati cause them to abort the encoding of the package in their tracking system?

E-mailed but no reply yet.
  • anyone bought item from amazon then pagdating dito sira? returns or repair lang ata sila?
    bought a watch yung number "12" tanggal sa face ng watch. may discoount for next purchase ba sila kasi sira?
  • ^amazon will refund you!!!and you get to keep the item.
  • sa experience ko.. amazon wanted me to send back item to them for full refund.. sabi ko nasa pilipinas na.. they are willing to pay for shipping back...
  • ^ $83 pair of shoes, one shoe wrong size, they shipped replacement pair but wanted original pair returned within 30 days otherwise replacement pair would be charged. Paid about P3700 to return original pair by FedEx to meet the deadline, e-mailed cost/waybill/OR and exchange rate at the time, and was credited $87 based on the exchange rate that I cited.
  • of course depends on an item and kung sira ang item na dumating sayo. for shoes, understandably so, malamang ipabalik nga lalo na kung wrong size and not damaged shoe/s. in my case, siguro depende din sa description ng case ko, almost always, they refund it. sila pa nagsasabi na, dahil impossible nang mapalitan dahil nasa abroad, they will refund na lang and i can keep the item since sira na naman. latest case is a nice pair of earphones. wala nga syang sira, i was complaining na i was not expecting it to be like what i received na maingay ang cord pag nasagi at naririning sa earphone mismo causing me discomfort.
  • Mga sir,

Tumatanggap ba ng Philippine debit/credit card ang amazon?

Paano ba mag create ng account dito?

Kelangan ko ba ng US address?

May bibilhin kasi ako, and plano ko gamitin na forwarder my-shopping box.

Thanks

Who's Online

594 active users within the last minute, 325 members, 269 guests.
Our newest member is alvinsmurray
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Items for Sale

New Want to Buys

Active Want to Buys