User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

US Online Shopping - pobox.ph, johnny air cargo, others

• AFAIK, walang consolidation fee ng Pobox pa rin. Otherwise, mababasa na sana sa kanilang website by now kung meron na. ;)
  • Forex charges consolidation fee if they have to, well, consolidate... for instance, I don't particularly mind: I order stuff from Amazon, Ebay, and lots of other places. I think the $10 they charge me for the 30-odd items I ordered is reasonable.

There was one time I ordered one big item, and it was in its own box (subwoofer). They didn't charge me any consolidation fee for that.

JAC and any other air cargo service will charge either by actual weight, or computed "volumetric weight" since medyo premium ang space (and weight allowances) sa eroplano.

JAC's computation is LxWxH (in inches) divided by 166. That will be the "volumetric weight" -- meaning, halimbawa yung box mo ay 20x10x5 inches, parang mga 6 lbs ang kanyang volumetric weight.

Kung actual weight ng box mo ay 3 lbs, they will charge you the volumetric weight of 6 lbs. Kung actual weight naman ng 20x10x5 package mo ay 10 lbs, they will charge you the 10 lbs (if $6.50 per pound, eh di $65).
  • JAC rate that I was charged was $5.50/lb in 2011. In 2013 to present, $5.99/lb. AFAIK, official JAC rate now is $5.99/lb non-electronic, $6.99/lb electronic. But I have shipped electronic items (e.g., projectors) and was charged only $5.99/lb not $6.99/lb. Has anyone ever been charged the $6.99/lb electronic rate? What kind of items triggered this higher rate? Actually, how would JAC even know whether item is electronic if they just ship without opening?

To calculate breakeven point between Forex Air and JAC, I would also account for VAT. I think Forex charge is VAT-inclusive (not confirmed). JAC charges VAT after conversion to pesos, but we can apply the 1.12 factor to dollars:

24.95 + 3.95(x-1) + C = (5.00 + 5.99x)1.12

x = 5.582 lb for consolidation C=0 ... so Forex is cheaper at 6 lb and up

As pointed out though, Forex computation of volume weight is more "aggressive". For a box whose volume weight is greater than actual weight, replace x by v/150 on Forex side and v/166 on JAC side of equation, and solve for breakeven volume v.

v = 1,093.66265472 cubic inches ... Forex cheaper at volumes larger than this (Forex volume weight 7.3 lb, JAC 6.6 lb, before rounding)

-- edited by cadr on Aug 01 2014, 11:18 AM
  • magkano po ba maximum value ng item para ma tax sa post office? Planning to buy an item kasi.

Who's Online

921 active users within the last minute, 501 members, 420 guests.
Our newest member is argus6135
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Items for Sale

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys