Forum Topic

Official Microsoft Windows OS Thread (No Trading and Discussions of Piracy!)

• after all this time, nukukulitan na ako sa notification. just today i upgraded my pc to win11.
    so far so good naman ang transition. everything gone well.
  • up for new year new o.s.
  • Question for anyone who has successfully done this process.

I have a laptop which has a very good Windows 11 installation on it. I would like to clone the drive and put it onto my desktop. I'm not sure if I won't run into issues because the laptop is INTEL-based while my desktop is AMD-based. If I uninstall the following, will it work properly?

Network (LAN and wifi)
    Audio
    Graphics
    Intel Management Engine

These 4 are usually the sources/causes of issues.
  • Won't work. Will cause too many issues, better to just reinstall Windows 11, which has a fast install time anyway. Also, if what you want to do is transfer the Windows license, there's 2 scenarios:
    - if Windows came with the laptop, it's OEM and tied to the system
    - if you purchased Windows separately and installed it on the system, it is possible to transfer but you most likely will need to contact Microsoft.
  • Post deleted #12440924
  • Post deleted #12440925
  • I have a laptop which has a very good Windows 11 installation on it. I would like to clone the drive and put it onto my desktop. I'm not sure if I won't run into issues because the laptop is INTEL-based while my desktop is AMD-based. If I uninstall the following, will it work properly?

If Windows came with the laptop, it's usually tied with the system. If you transferred that to the desktop, it won't activate. You can try to use the activation troublehooter and choose I changed hardware (or something like that) and see if it activates. If not, you have to purchase a new copy.

If Windows was purchased separately and you have a PK, you can use the PK to activate on your desktop. If it's a retail version, it should be tied to your MSA, just login.

Putting activation aside, it's not good to clone a drive and put it on a different computer, you may encounter some issue due to the fact that the hardware is different. You can however just install the correct driver but the copy of windows doesn't look "clean" . It's just me.

-- edited by rHycH on Feb 16 2023, 10:19 PM
  • Thanks for all the replies! Very informative. The major reason why I wanted to clone my laptop's drive is because of the programs that are already installed, along with the plug-ins that have been added over the years. I've verified that these CAN survive migration to another system and immediately adapt to the new hardware. But it's also true that there WILL be drivers/registry entries that will remain despite uninstalling what I listed in my earlier post.
  • MS Windows 12(?)

• ^ I think this is too early. They haven't fully/officially implemented android apps being native in Windows 11 which was the main reason I upgraded a few years back. It's offered in WIndows Insider and only available in some countries. There are workarounds on the net but I found out that one of the application you need to run contained malware.
  • Mga master yun bang hdr apps calibration tool sa windows 11 lang ba yon? Naka windows 10 ako and wala ako sa bahay so hindi ko ma itry din idownload.
  • ^ ano monitor mo boss
  • ^
    Naka oled ako may hdr 1000
  • can i use windows 11 on my ryzen 2200g pc?
  • can i use windows 11 on my ryzen 2200g pc?

Officially it is not supported even if you enable fTPM sa BIOS, lalabas pa din yung message na it is not compatible. But technically you can run and install it by either using a bypass unsupported hardware requirements script (madami sa github), registry hacks etc although from what I read, may mga noticeable performance hit din daw here and there so YMMV.

Also, if you play some games with anticheat, lets say Valorant, it will detect na the hardware requirements have been bypassed and di ka makakalaro. Sure there are workarounds to bypass this but you'll be playing a cat and mouse game whenever the workarounds has been patched in the future.
  • Post deleted #12449880
  • I'm trying to still make use of an old laptop with Windows 8 to 8.1. Unfortunately it's not feasible to install Windows 10 due to low memory and limited storage(32GB emmc). Moreover a few months ago, for some strange reason I couldn't login to administrator acct anymore, even the other user created acct. Only guest acct which I fortunately was able to turn on.

Since I wasn't able to reset the password, I had to do a factory reset and all of the windows updates are gone and have to do it again.

My question is, is there a way to reset or restore windows 8 with all the latest updates intact if ever I wont be able to login to administrator again?
  • you can remove and change password of administrator acct. may guides sa youtube.
    pede mo gamitin yung guide for windows10. same lang procedure sa 8/8.1
  • you can remove and change password of administrator acct. may guides sa youtube.
    pede mo gamitin yung guide for windows10. same lang procedure sa 8/8.1

I tried everything before, naghanap din ako guides sa youtube, using command line etc. Lagi error. Bawat galaw kailangan ng admin password kaya wala ako magawa. Talagang nagkaproblema sa login for some reason kasi kahit yung isang user account(non guest) ayaw na rin makapasok. Kaya talagang factory reset ang ginawa ko. So ngayon ang plano ko baka meron way to save itong state na fresh factory reset at all current updates installed para kapag nagka prob ulit yung password, pwede bumalik sa ganito instead of factory reset tas download ulit windows update.

-- edited by thevoid on Aug 20 2023, 01:19 AM
  • full backup ng os partition.
    try mo macrium reflect
  • Guys importante ba yung sa core isolation na memory integrity naka off? Nung nag on ako bigla na lang sya nag blue screen ng 2x tas na reset na windows 11 ko..5600g tas b450 board ko.. nanonood lang ako netflix biglang full speed cpu fan tas nag prompt na security risk core isolation..paano pala ito?
  • Help from anyone, please.

My laptop is on Windows 11 21H2. I tried updating it to 23H2 but the option to save programs and files is grayed out. Only 2 choices remain i.e., "Keep All files only" or "Erase everything". I've determined that both my current installation AND the iso I downloaded are in English-international. Is there a way I around this? I would like to keep my programs as their current configurations are quite good already.
  • Never really noticed these options but when you update Windows it doesn't affect the programs you have installed. Hindi naman cya tulad ng OS upgrade. It should generally not be destructive.
  • "Help from anyone, please.

My laptop is on Windows 11 21H2. I tried updating it to 23H2 but the option to save programs and files is grayed out. Only 2 choices remain i.e., "Keep All files only" or "Erase everything". I've determined that both my current installation AND the iso I downloaded are in English-international. Is there a way I around this? I would like to keep my programs as their current configurations are quite good already."

This happened to me after a failed update. I went with "Keep All Files Only" and lost my apps but files are still intact. License for MS Office remained though, I didn't have to reactivate.
  • @harin
    please use the Quote feature on the message board if you need to quote someone else's post.
    thank you.
  • ask lang are you using your MS account sa mga pc nyo like sa windows 11 di ba mag ask yung to sign you in? ano ba pros and cons nun? aside sa resources?
  • I use an MS account and really it's just for convenience. My primary email kasi is from MS so it just makes sense.

Have several computers, some in another house and it makes easier. Not really sure if may impact sa resources, never noticed it. Pero, you can always create a local account if you don't want to sign in with an MS account. Make sure you use an authenticator app for security.
  • ^ you use it for gaming as well? sa laptop ko lang kasi gamit ang ms account ko and 1 machine lang ang na try ko gamitan nun dahil may embeded license so binind ko... pangalawa tong newly format na pc nalimutan ko kasi bunutin LAN kaya ayun kaysa bypass ko OOBE nilogin ko na lang
  • yes, ung 1 pc may local login na ginawa ko dati but I never saw the need to use it. Ung MS account works perfectly well for gaming. Besides, have gamepass, i-login mo rin naman ung microsoft store to use gamepass so this avoids the hassle of doing additional steps