>

User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

sino dito regular na tumatakbo? jogging tayo!

• waw salamat sir @isleeve_PH! next ko is miles of jeremiah.. 16k funrun hehe.. then Tagaytay to Kawit Cavite ng run mania :) for now training muna para mapababa ko yung PR ko last Hero 2 Hero :) yohoo! more runs sa ating lahat!
  • @isleeve_PH sige po try ko weekly mag check, kasi from 79kg bumigat ako nung pasko hahahaxD pero ngayon nagbabalik mode na ko nakaraan 83kg ko ngayon 81.5kg nalang gusto ko kasing gumaan :(

Usually po hindi na ako nag-inom ng alak, tapos po bawal sakin matamis due to tonsilitis baka maoperahan daw, so malamig din bawal, salty foods po bihira narin pero ito po nasimula ako kahapon. ok lang po ba yung maka kakanin yung kainin like suman, biko or cassava ? pang alternative sa salty foods or Happy Peanuts po ba pede? update po ako dito after 1 month kung tama yung pagayus ko nung diet ko.

Thanks po Sir ^_^
  • @Sir Noel (isleeve_PH), Feb'15 palang ang sched ko hehehe, wala pa ako sched ng March escept sa nakikita kong RU1'15 even gusto ko sana sa BDM pero hindi na umabot hehehe, puro RunMania at Prince palang nakikita kong long run na sched ko ngayun :)..

@Sir Eagleman, sana sana makasabay kita ke RunManila :)
  • @davie14

Losing weight is a simple matter of creating a caloric deficit. For example, if your daily caloric intake is 2000 calories and your energy expenditure is 2500 cal, you have a deficit of 500 cal (2000 minus 2500 = -500). If you have a deficit of 500 cal per day you'll lose around 1-2 pounds per week.

Of course this is easier said than done because to create a caloric deficit you'll have to cut down on food intake. In particular you need to reduce your carbohydrates (CHOs or "carbs") because this is where most people have trouble with. Carbohydrates should comprise most of your diet (roughly 60%) but most people gain weight or have difficult losing weight because they eat too much carbs -- rice, bread, pasta, sweets, softdrinks, etc. For example, a 330 mL can of regular Coke if I'm not mistaken already has around 150 kcal. That said ,we can answer some questions:

ok lang po ba yung maka kakanin yung kainin like suman, biko or cassava ?

In small amounts, these are fine to eat but if you want to lose weight? Nope. All of these are carbohydrate rich foods and won't help you lose weight.

pang alternative sa salty foods or Happy Peanuts po ba pede?

Salt per se won't make you gain weight as it has no caloric value. Peanuts are okay because these are protein (and protein won't make you gain weight) but if you eat the ones that are fried these have a lot of calories because of the oil used.

A few months ago I decided to lose weight because I was already on the overweight side. I lost around 6 kilograms before I started running by simply cutting down carbs. I cut down on rice by maybe 30-40%, reduced snacks rich in carbs BUT retained drinking Coke (because I like softdrinks :) ). So the bottomline is that as long as you can create a caloric deficit you'll lose weight, and as to how you'll achieve that is up to you.

-- edited by Peorth on Jan 29 2015, 04:19 PM
  • To put things into better perspective, here's a calculator to figure out how much calories you burn while running.

<click here for link>

You can use either speed or distance for the calculator. For example, I'm not a particularly good runner since it takes me 30 minutes to cover 4.4 km (i.e. 2 rounds of the UP Diliman Academic Oval). That's around 8.4 km/hr, and factoring in my weight when covering that distance gives a total energy expenditure of 284 calories.

To put 284 calories in perspective, one can of regular Coke (330 mL) has 139 calories. One cup of rice has around 205 calories. So if I eat one cup of rice and drink one can of Coke regular that's 344 calories already and the amount of running above isn't enough to burn the energy from the rice and Coke.

In general, the more effective approach to lose weight is to cut the calories from diet rather than burn them off with physical activity. That's why many people complain they're exercising but not losing weight. The answer to that is simple, they're just taking in more calories than what they're burning.
  • guys meron bang all terrain na running shoes? or I could just use my Gel kayano 20 sa trail/asphalt?

salamat!

Who's Online

567 active users within the last minute, 299 members, 268 guests.
Our newest member is John_Alvin
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys