>

User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

sino dito regular na tumatakbo? jogging tayo!

• ghie_gayle tama iwas gastos muna paghahandaan for next year kaya panay free race kit lang ang tinatakbuhan ko.
  • Hi all,

May pag paparadahan ba ng bike sa may Ayala Triangle? Or may certain place talaga dun for paradahan ng bike? Planning to purchase a bike kasi, plus mag-jog ako as my form of exercise. Simulan ko muna sa Ayala Triangle. Any tips for starters like me? Medyo mabigat talaga ako ngayon, tips para di agad mangawit si legs at di agad kapusin sa hininga while jogging? Thanks in advance!
  • update ko lang :) 154 lbs na ko! 182 lbs dati wee
  • Was able to start running for maybe a month and a half with encouraging results (e.g. better stamina) but had to stop for now because the medial side of my left knee started hurting. Based on the location and the nature of the symptoms (e.g. lack of acute trauma) it's most likely pes anserine bursitis. It never became bad (no swelling or redness) but I can feel mild pain/discomfort while walking. I haven't dared to resume while there's pain on walking but I can bike with minimal discomfort, maybe because it's not a weight-bearing activity.
  • Alt_046 so mostly running lang din ba ginawa mo to lose those weight?

prototypeone Pag Tuesday night lang may session ang group namin the Ayala Triads in Ayala Triangle, pwede mo iiwan yung bike just bring also yung lock na din kasi we secure them in a place with all our bags na din.

Peorth seems very technical especially the terms that you are referring to. If RICE approach can be use to treat your injury then that's good, but if not then you can seek out a sports medicine doctor to assess your injury.

For reference:
    External Image
  • Peorth seems very technical especially the terms that you are referring to. If RICE approach can be use to treat your injury then that's good, but if not then you can seek out a sports medicine doctor to assess your injury.

Actually the technical stuff is because I'm a doctor by profession. :) My injury is much better now and I just did two hours of biking last Sunday with little discomfort after. A few days prior to that I did a bit of walking plus short jogs as a sort of "test run" but I could still feel a bit of pain upon impact of left foot on the pavement. Right now there's zero pain while walking and the tenderness on the inner side of the knee (best elicited by percussion, i.e. tapping with the middle finger like a hammer) is nearly gone. I'll probably do another test run tomorrow and hopefully the pain on running will be gone. If it is, I'll just ramp up the runs very gradually to avoid a repeat of the injury. In the meanwhile, I've been doing some exercises focused on the quads to even out their strength and some stretching too, since problems in these areas can potentially cause the said bursitis.
  • @ all ask ko lang po, recently i have feeling na parang kinukuryente yung side portion ng kaliwang talampakan ko hanggang sakong, na experience ko po ito pag humakbang paakya or pag mag sprint ako na lalaki yung hakbang ko, ano po kayang problem yun?? Thanks po
  • Peorth Good to hear that your injury is getting better and your doing quad exercises to strengthen those area. It's even great to know that your a doctor since we have a resident doctor/runner in the thread.

davie14 based on experience sa ibang runners nakilala ko yung sakit mo is plantar fasciitis yan so I suggest you do this on the soles of your feet

Reference http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Tips-Ease-Sore-Runner-Feet-Prevent-Injury-22125091
    External Image
  • Tara, jogging tayo mamaya sa UP Oval.. Kitakits.. :D
  • Alt_046 so mostly running lang din ba ginawa mo to lose those weight?

yes sir! 1 Hr na alternate Jog and walk. plus Diet.,
  • A very good read for those whose into running!

http://rw.runnersworld.com/sub-2/
  • Na miss ko ng tumakbo - 3 weeks ng walang takbo :(( , me masakit padin sa paa ko pag tumakbo -
  • Guys, san po may magandang matakbuhan sa mandaluyong? Thank you
  • Na miss ko ng tumakbo - 3 weeks ng walang takbo :(( , me masakit padin sa paa ko pag tumakbo -

It could be a case of plantar fasciitis, which is quite common among runners.

On my end, things are pretty good. After taking a break from running for over 2 weeks the pain on the inner side of the left knee is gone. I'm back to running every other day and slowly ramping up the length of the runs. There are some occasional twinges of mild discomfort in the knee but nothing that persists. I currently run with a knee support for whatever it's worth, in contrast to my left knee my right knee has never given me any trouble even once.
  • pa suggest naman rubbershoes pwede pang running and crosstraining.. gusto ko sana yung addidas revolution kaso sa sobrang gaan and lambot nya baka di pwede pang crosstraining..

budget more or less 5k, any brand will do wag lang nike/reebok..
  • @jac9

New Balance Minimus
    Mizuno Wave Rider
  • good day guys!anyone here joining the milo marathon this coming sunday?
  • @markyrevilla

aku mag photog lang dun haha! kaso uulanin yata >...<

goodluck sa mga tatakbo ^_^

Who's Online

775 active users within the last minute, 416 members, 359 guests.
Our newest member is Prestonsync
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys