User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

eneloop rechargable batteries

• @skin: i had used my Nitecore i4 with 1pc, 2pc, 3pc, and 4pc AA/AAA batteries without any issue. but normally, i do it by pairs.
  • @skin: i had used my Nitecore i4 with 1pc, 2pc, 3pc, and 4pc AA/AAA batteries without any issue. but normally, i do it by pairs.

It's okay to charge one AA on the i4. But it will lessen the life of charging 1 piece of AAA battery since it will charge it at 700mah. Super fast charging ang mangyayari. If you charge by pairs (using slot 1&3 or 2&4), it will charge it at 350mah. Hati na siya.
  • actually, i don't keep tally of the life of my rechargeable batteries. i bought my eneloop AA and AAA batteries in 2010 and buhay pa silang lahat up to now.
  • actually, i don't keep tally of the life of my rechargeable batteries. i bought my eneloop AA and AAA batteries in 2010 and buhay pa silang lahat up to now.

Got mine 2007 pa. Buhay na buhay pa sila when I sold a gadget and included the batteries in it last year.

Basta Eneloop maaasahan.
  • ^that's good.
  • may eneloop po ako XX black AA ok lang po kaya eto gamitin ko na charger?

model: energizer chdc7

External Image

-- edited by man_eating_monay on Jul 25 2014, 12:14 PM
  • what is the model? is it a smart charger?
  • what is the model? is it a smart charger?

energizer chdc7

i dont if this is a smart charger
  • kitang kita sa manual meron delta V feature

<click here for link>

What makes a charger a "smart charger"?

Any charger that uses a computer chip to control various aspects of the charging process can be considered a smart charger. Technically even a charger that can detect and adjust the charge rate based on the battery inserted into the charge station can be considered a smart charger, but anything that is either manual (steady charge rate as long as it is plugged in) or uses a timer to manage the charging process, we do not consider a true smart charger. There are even various levels of smart chargers. Different features that work together, sometimes in mysterious ways because there are just so many variables with batteries and chargers. In order for us to consider a battery charger a smart charger it needs to have a common charging feature known as negative delta V. Negative delta V is basically a technical method for a charger to know when a battery has reached its charge capacity and then shut the charging off, or sometimes change to trickle charge mode. Other features that contribute to a battery chargers "smart" status are: battery rescue (implemented in various ways to attempt to "jump start" an overly discharged battery - i.e. less than 1.0 or 0.9 volts - so that it will take a charge), temperature sensors, discharge and conditioning features, battery test features and even timers to limit the total length of the charge so even if you leave it plugged in, it turns itself off after a preset time. Remember, all manufacturers consider their chargers "smart" with any or all of these features and they are not all the same!? Hey, neither are we for that matter...

<click here for link>

also from the above, why you should use a smart charger

Can a battery charger damage a battery (shorten its life or reduce its capacity)?

Yes. The most common cause of premature battery failure is overcharging. The type of chargers most likely to cause overcharging are the 5 or 8 hour so-called "rapid chargers". The problem with these chargers is that they really don't have a charge control mechanism. Most of them are simple designs which charge at their full charge rate for a fixed period of time, typically five or eight hours, and then shut off or switch to a lower "trickle" charge rate. If they are used properly, these chargers are fine. If they are used improperly they can shorten a battery's useful life in a couple of ways.
  • Pa help naman po kung saan makakabili nito sa Pinas. Thanks

External Image

-- edited by n_e_v_o_j on Jul 27 2014, 09:34 AM

Who's Online

972 active users within the last minute, 528 members, 444 guests.
Our newest member is mvvemdqlody
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys