Forum Topic

Need help.. Flash Drive issue

• Patulong mga paps,

Sandisk Cruzer 16gb Flash Drive

Issue: Can\'t delete file. When I try to right click on a file there\'s no delete option, I tried reformat, it says write protected. I tried editing registry to enable write protected drive still have the same problem.. I tried disk part clean attributes etc. using command promt no good.. Tried 3rd party software to delete / create partition then format still no good.. May virus po ba yung flash drive or it is a sign to throw it away?

Thanks
  • have you tried using HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool?
  • ^
    the flash drive now wont be detected whenever I plug it in sa PC and if I try safe remove the flash drive empty lang siya.. but when I checked disk management nakikita yung flash drive. Most likely sira na to. haist.. :(
  • thats the advantage of Sd cards. The flash ram itself is OK but the electronics that read it are broken. If its a flash drive thats it. If its a SD card you can replace the electronics, i.e. buy a new sd card reader.

I use a 15 peso card reader from da king. Its not going to last long but at 15 pesos you can buy replacements easily. It also has a cover that protects the SD card so if you place the Sd card and tape the cover closed, its essentially a flash drive.
  • Sakit na ng Sandisk Falsh drives yan, ilan na kami dito sa office na nagkaroon ng ganyang problem.