Forum Topic

PC Enthusiasts Need Help: (Globe Router + TP Link TL-WR74ON) Details inside

• PC Enthusiasts Need Help:

I have a 4 port Globe Wireless N Modem Router sa Main house namin, yun ang ginagamit ko sa PC/phone, but I wish to have wifi/net sa Bakery namin, which is 30-40m away. So, globe gave me a 40m LAN cable para magkaron ng abang sa Shop. They told me na bumili pa ko ng 1 router para maconnect yung router ko from house, to the router ng bakery. So I bought a TP Link TL-WR74ON - na 4 port router for the shop.

Catch is, tinry ko ikabit para makapag connect sila (by plugging the long LAN Cable sa LAN and WAN Port), but then feeling ko hindi pa configured at hindi tama ang ginagawa ko.

Am trying to solve this on my own since wala pang mahatak na taga globe from our vicinity.

Any step by step procedure or idea on how to deal with this? Help will be much appreciated!
  • To IceFlicker

Physical connection should be
    Globe LAN cable to TP-Link WAN port (blue).

Please test the TL-WR740N using a short cable. Here are the settings for your TP-Link
    Globe should be connected to the TP-Link\'s BLUE port
    LAN IP : 192.168.0.1
    WAN connection type : Dynamic
    SSID : <whatever name you prefer>
    WPA Key : <make sure you setup a wifi password to secure the wifi connection>
    Finally, change the \"admin/admin\" to secure the router\'s GUI config page (System tools -> Password)

If everything works ok using a short cable, and using a long cable has problems, please use a
    different LAN cable, preferrably branded ones (Amp/Belden).

Hope this helps.