Forum Topic

The Search for the True Unlimited Data Plan

• Good day.

Is there a service provider that still offers True Unlimited Data Plan? As in no capping and throttling. I\'m considering getting a USB or pocket modem for work. I\'ve already done my fair share of research but I would greatly appreciate feedback based on experience.

Thank you.
  • May I bump this post.
  • location dependent
    but your best bet would be the SMART LTE 999 prepaid
    30 days of unlimited internet
    again capping/throttling is location dependent
  • This year, we see both telcos started admitting that there needs to be a cap on our mobile internet. Globe is sunsetting SuperSurf into GoSurf while Smart has recently introduced All-Month Surfing.

Both mobile data plans have a soft cap (Globe has 5GB and 10GB while Smart has 3.5GB, 8GB, 10GB and 18GB), something we’ve only experienced this year. This is one reason why the Department of Justice has published an advisory against the practice of throttling and data caps.
    That’s the reason why your fixed line internet (DSL) doesn’t really pose a huge threat compared to mobile internet, thus, the idea of capping DSL isn’t on the table. It’s the smartphone users that are changing their consumption behavior.

<click here for link>
  • also, afaik my smart buddy prepaid via its android app called PowerApp still has 20 pesos/24 hours unlimited, but no youtube or torrent. AFAIK it really is unlimited
  • or you could try this

<click here for link>
  • With this chart; <click here for link>, is it safe to assume that Smart has packages that are truly unlimited?
  • In a way unlimited yung gosurf via antibillshock of 1500php.
    Naka subscribed mom ko sa gosurf999 and okay naman light usage niya of 5-7gb monthly.
    Walang YouTube pag naka mobile and naka WiFi siya pag nasa bahay.

-- edited by Blu3martini on Dec 15 2014, 09:46 PM
  • With this chart; <click here for link>, is it safe to assume that Smart has packages that are truly unlimited?

No. At the moment, none of them offer true unlimited.
  • up
  • The only connection that has no throttling is the ones classified as leased lines. The rest, they are all \"up to a certain speed\" so...don\'t look desperate in a \"search\" ;)
  • possible. mas madali talaga if capless unlimited lang ang criteria
  • ask ko lang po. included ba sa data cap ang uploads?
  • @boga311, OO Downlink/Uplink volume total ng capping.

Kaya iyong iba di alam, upload sila ng upload sa facebook, twitter etc. etc. ng pictures and video, tas magtataka sila na cap sila. hehehe.

-- edited by meteoreborn on Jan 25 2015, 10:34 PM