Forum Topic

MCSA: Windows Server 2012

• Hi,

I have been working as a technical support rep for 5 years with Dell as my employer. I was promoted to Level 2 tech 10 months ago. We mainly provided support for laptop and desktop computers and a few Dell peripherals (e.g. docking station, printers, monitors)with very little server/ networking experience.. Now that I am no longer with the company because of workforce reduction (bummer, right?), I would like to get more day to day server work,and have decided to take a bit of time off to study for some MS certs. Do you guys think it is a good idea to go straight for MCSA Windows Server 2012 (70-410, 70-411, and 70-412) even though I don\'t have any experience at all with servers?

Thanks!

-- edited by trent_ on Oct 19 2014, 05:20 PM
  • Hi Trent,

I\'m with you. The Difference on both of us is that i have hands on server and Server hardware installation.
    So i prefer to my self to take MCSA Windows Server certicfication. But back on my mind, do I need to take the latest MCSA Windows 2012 or Windows Server 2008? As of now I\'m starting Window Server 2008 - (70-640 Active Directory).

Anyone else to advise to what should we take Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2008? For PH?

Thanks
  • up?