Forum Topic

Considering buying Sony A6000. What critical pros/cons & alternative cameras should I take note of?

• My friend mentioned to me the Sony A6000 just a while ago and was raving about its fast AF and burst capability.

I took a look at it and it seems to be up my alley in terms of what I want in a new camera:

+ Relatively small (I don\'t like using my existing 7-year old DLSR anymore because I feel that it\'s bulky)

+ Reasonably priced

+ Fast (which is good because I plan to use it mostly for photos of my 2-year old kid, who\'s incredibly active and energetic and always moving)

I\'m not that picky regarding image quality for the most part. I don\'t usually mind stuff like color rendition, although I\'m mindful of other things such as white balance, sharpness and how a camera handles noise in low-light situations.

Considering that the A6000 seems like a good choice for me at this point, what things things about it (pros/cons) should I take particular note of? Also, what other alternative cameras should I consider?

Thanks!
  • yes its worth it. im using the sony nex6 the predecessor. same a6000 body. compact package and dslr performance.

from canon 450d to sony a65v alpha. to nex6.

-- edited by kicks4us23 on Oct 17 2014, 01:27 PM