Forum Topic

missing desktop screen and task bar.

• guys help naman.

missing po yung desktop screen ko including yung task bar including yung \"time, etc\" sa lower right ng screen. it happen after a full virus scan. during boot process, visible naman yung windows logo, login....but after login, direct po sa windows explorer yung screen. so di po ma access even yung start, programs and the only way to access the application is thru the program files.....problem is i can\'t access the time and date settings and even the wifi icon sa lower right to choose which wifi hotspot to access.. reformat is the last option since meron kami lumang program na wala na yung developer...
  • double post

-- edited by atapi on Oct 01 2014, 04:02 PM
  • You need to specify the OS that you are using. If Windows, press F8 during startup (bios boot) and then select Last Known Good Configuration. Normally it helps solve the problem. Changing your antivirus can also be helpful - often bug yan.
  • hi. tried to restore to latest restore point. wala pa rin. btw, win 7 home office po OS ko. though i could already change the desktop screen(dati black lang) still wala pa rin yung task bar, start..problem ko ngayon is how do i access the \"wifi\" icon normally sa lower right corner..alam niyo ba specific exe and saan located. someone suggested to copy a desktop.ini from other pc\'s, saan po ba located ang file na yun so ma try ko sana.
  • suggestion lang po sir.. try to ctrl+alt+del then start task manager then hanapin nyo po ung explorer.exe sa \"Processes\" tab, then end process nio po.. kapag nagawa nio na paganahin nio lang po ulit explorer.exe by clicking file tapos new task the explorer.exe

-- edited by edward1122 on Oct 15 2014, 01:12 PM
  • lagay mo ung cd mo tapos reboot tapos repair os. probably nasira ung explorer exe mo ng anti virus mo.