Your account region must match the region of the game
    if you wish to use DLC or any voucher / redemption
    codes.

I hope this post had been useful for those who
    who are new to DLCs and those who have questions
    regarding \'regions\' for the PSVita :)

Cheers,
    ~ GothicPark
  • You stated that the Unit Region (Asian/US Version of the console or handheld) is not limited to games that you can use on the unit. So what is the use of stating the console is US/Asian Version?

Because I am looking around canvassing for a PS4 Unit and I noticed that the US Version is more expensive than Asian Version if there is no difference on the games that you can play on it..

(Noob Question)
  • For the Vita at least, the handheld itself is region-free. It can play games from any region. The PSN account itself however, has region locks for downloadable content / games.
  • For the Vita at least, the handheld itself is region-free. It can play games from any region. The PSN account itself however, has region locks for downloadable content / games.

How about for the PS4?! Should I get the US Version because its US made (IDK) or just get the Asian Version since I am Asian living here in the Philippines.

(Noob Question)

The reason is that I am planning to buy one and if I have the time I\'d love to play online... Will the Unit Version be a issue on this?

-- edited by Jolrael on Mar 20 2014, 09:23 AM
  • If PS4 is region free for games, I\'ll go with whichever is cheapest.

But whatever the case, register for a US PSN account. Other English regions have way less content on the store. Sticking to a US PSN account also means you want to stick to R1 games though, just because of the vouchers included in some of them.

-- edited by dongdong on Mar 20 2014, 10:44 AM
  • Buy my PS VITA Slightly used complete with box charger and 8g Memory for 7.5k nalang!

Very good condition kasi bihira talaga magamit for music lang nagamit eh haha saka demo games :)

If Interested Contact me 09157562141 or 8252682
  • Pwede pakisama na din sa guide yung about sa PS+? Para dito nalang natin i-didirect yung mga taong naguguluhan sa PS+ pero hindi naman nagbabackread. Thanks
  • guys my vita ako galing US..
    ung psn account nya is for sure r1
    kaso ang binibili kong games dito ay r3 kya hindi ko magamit ung mga dlc ko..

may tutorial po b kyo kung pano mag delete ng psn account para makagawa din ako ng
    new account na r3..
    if ever na i delete ko ung r1 account tas nag back up ako ng game save file,
    tas gumawa ako ng r3 account pde ko po b icopy nalang ulit ung game save file ko para hindi nako umulit sa games?

tnx in advance ^_^
  • I think gawa ka nalang ng panibagong account na ibang region, just saying
  • hi may ps vita acoh na galing ng japan yung psn account coh ba automatic japan na din?? and pede ba coh bumili ng psn card khit japan galing yung vita coh,,,? salamat po
  • hi may ps vita acoh na galing ng japan yung psn account coh ba automatic japan na din?? and pede ba coh bumili ng psn card khit japan galing yung vita coh,,,? salamat po

sa palagay ko hindi... ung PSV ko kasi Asian Version pero ung PSN account ko is US..

hindi ko lang alam kung same procedure.
  • Hello po. Planning to buy PsVita (Nagustuhan ko kc ung Freedom Wars. Hehe!) anu po b recommended nio ung Phat or Slim? Bnew or 2nd hand from TPC members?