>

User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

Usb 3.0 extension cable male to female, saan meron nito?

• Been looking for this dito sapinas. Sa cdrking kc usb 2.0 lang. Mejo inconvinient magsaksak sa likod ng desktop eh.

<click here for link>
  • <click here for link>

<click here for link>
  • Thank u pero those are male to male connectors po
  • USB 3.0 male-to-female extension cable -- these are available in Octagon Computer stores.
    I recall price is something like between Php300-500.
    However, not many of their branches carry this item, only a few (I forgot which ones).
    I think brand is Connectland or some other brand frequently carried by Octagon.

Anyway, why not just get a USB 3.0 hub for a little more? CDR-King sells 2 types now: the rectangular-shaped Jellion hub and the square-type hub. Both same price Php580.

I tested the Jellion USB 3.0 hub. At first the included cable (it uses male-to-male USB 3.0 cable) worked only at USB 2.0 speeds (it won't transfer at higher speed). But when I returned to CDR-King, they replaced the cable, and the new male-to-male USB 3.0 cable now works at USB 3.0 speeds.

As for the square-type USB 3.0 hub, it uses micro-USB 3.0 cable to connect from the hub to the PC's USB 3.0 port. The problem is that it bundles a male-to-male USB 3.0 cable; when it requires a micro-USB 3.0 cable to work. But I tested it in CDR-King's store din, may dala akong sariling microUSB 3.0 cable from USB 3.0 portable drive. Connecting it worked at USB 3.0 speed.

It's just that take care when buying this square USB 3.0 hub, kasi you may not be able to use the bundled USB 3.0 male-to-male cable anyway (it should have come with the microUSB 3.0 cable for the product to work properly). Unless you have extra spare microUSB 3.0 cables to make the square-type USB 3.0 hub work.

The square type hub seems more compact than the rectangular one though. I hope CDR-King has already changed the bundled accessory of their square type hub para magana. (I think yung Jellion nila ang mas mabenta kasi di magamit yung square-type hub kung wala kang extra microUSB 3.0 cable of your own)

-- edited by dta on Jan 24 2013, 04:44 PM

Who's Online

735 active users within the last minute, 400 members, 335 guests.
Our newest member is hakinghakong
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys