>

User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

General Audio Discussion Thread

• Vendetta, ganito ba yung sinasabi mo?

External Image
  • Opo, sir. ^_^
  • goodeve po mga sirs . total noob here in amplifiers and speakers. Anu pong maisusugest ninyo na amplifier to power up my JVC 100W x 2 stereo speakers? sira na po kasi yung JVC component namin, papakinabangan ko nlng tong speakers.

Salamat po.
  • Anu pong maisusugest ninyo na amplifier to power up my JVC 100W x 2 stereo speakers? sira na po kasi yung JVC component namin, papakinabangan ko nlng tong speakers

ito pwede na sir sa inyong speaker Konzert AV-301

External Image

or Sakura Brand Marami pagpipilian

<click here for link>

-- edited by marcosky11 on Mar 25 2015, 10:38 PM
  • Ako, I don't use the amp's power swtich to turn off power anymore. I rely on a general power strip with individual switches and cut off all power from there. Doon rin ako nag-switch on muli. Especially, now when power switches seem to break down lalo na yun rocker type switches. It's easier to replace power strip switches than what came with those power amps or other equipment.

Sige sir I'll try this. :)

Goal ko pa rin is pamodify to fix the turn-off pop sound. Pero may 1 year warranty pa kasi sayang naman. Kung papalitan ko kaya yung amp?

-- edited by songerph on Mar 27 2015, 11:44 AM
  • Goal ko pa rin is pamodify to fix the turn-off pop sound.

Does the popping sound comes at the same time when powering off or a decaying popping sound?

Popping at the same time power off - most likely the problem is arcing power switch. The modification for this is to put 0.1 micro farad AC capacitor 630v like those ones used on electric fan. Two of these needed if the power switch is double pole.

Decaying popping sound is caused by the discharge of the psu filter capacitors specially if they are the big values. Not sure can be done with this.

As Sir V said, using switched power strip, you can try turning off from it if you have one to isolate if there is arcing on the amp power switch itself.
  • Maraming salamat Sir Marcosky11
  • Popping at the same time power off - most likely the problem is arcing power switch. The modification for this is to put 0.1 micro farad AC capacitor 630v like those ones used on electric fan. Two of these needed if the power switch is double pole.

Thanks sir. I'll take note of this.

The switched power strip workaround did the trick! damn amp switch. Ayus! :)))
  • @songerph

The recommendation/modification I mentioned is only beneficial if Amp Power Switch replacement is not available. There is one disadvantage putting capacitor across the switch because a very small amount of current is still flowing even if the power switch is OFF. The capacitor is still passing current from the mains.

The switched power strip workaround did the trick! damn amp switch. Ayus

If you are happy with that then there is no need to bring the amp for service :)
  • I see, I see. The power strip workaround sure is convenient. I'll stick around with this at the moment. haha. Thanks a lot masters!
  • To anybody,

What brand of amplifier preferable commercial that have a source both 110/220 volt, and can be used for videoke?

Tia.

Who's Online

808 active users within the last minute, 462 members, 346 guests.
Our newest member is desiloook
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys