User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

**The Official NBA 2012-13 Season thread!

• So thats your point pero hindi naman yan ang pinaguusapan eh hehe... Ang issue ay kung considered na ba na GOAT si MJ even before winning his last 4 rings w/c is kinontra mo. Remember? Hehe

You claim that MJ is the 'hands down' GOAT way back back in 92 after winning two rings using what evidences?
    - Magic's statement (1993 NBA finals)
    - walang internet during that time pero sikat si Jordan
    - 'analysts' and 'fans' thinks Jordan is the GOAT
    - may minanang lottery team si Jordan na nadevelop nya as a dynasty (dynasty though 2 rings pa lang sya nun) via total rebuild
    - opinyon ng mga collector ng NBA cards
    - your personal experience

Teka, ano nga ba talaga ang fair basis ng pagiging GOAT? As I've said earlier, para sakin eh popularity. And that popularity can be reached via winning, stats, money, etc. Collective approach kumabaga. You may have a different point of view of course.

Here's the thing imo, lahat to eh 1992. Anything beyond that eh hindi kasama:
    - during the Dream Team formation, Magic is still considered the best player in the NBA although retired. He was just 31 and still have a lot left in the tank but can't play because of HIV. It's like, Kobe and LBJ's situation now. We all know that LBJ is the best player in the planet yet we cling to Kobe's to greatness. Heheh.
    - Magic is the only one as popular as MJ during that time
    - Magic has a better resume, IN MY OPINION. 5 rings, 9 NBA finals, 12 seasons?
    - Bill Russel, Wilt Chamberlain, Oscar Robertson, etc. weren't as popular because of the lack of information na natatamasa ngayon because of the internet, tv channels, etc.

How come MJ is 'hands down' GOAT during that time (1992) when there's a stigma of him winning because Magic retired? When Magic is still considered as the best player in the NBA and everyone is expecting a rematch in 1992 after the Bulls massacred the Lakers in 1991? When during that Magic has a better resume? When there are more people not as popular as MJ and Magic who had better careers?

So the mere fact that Magic said that MJ is the 'best ever' erases his candidacy as a GOAT? Alangan naman buhatin nya sarili nya way back then?

Here's the problem, para sakin and I do believe Laker fans during that time thinks that Magic Johnson is the GOAT. Para sa mga Celtic fans eh si Russell. Para sa ibang matatandang fans eh si Wilt. Etc. etc.

Well, not until Jordan cold blooded-ly came back to win 3 more rings to cement his GOAT resume.

Anyway, masyado na mahaba. Nakakaistorbo na sa ibang members. At the end of the day, may kanya kanya tayong point of view. Heheh. Still, para sakin eh exaggeration yung 'hands down GOAT in 1992 with just 2 rings' claim mo.

I rest my case on this Jordan being the hands down GOAT with just 2 rings debate.

------

Well, his "bring it on" mentality" is not going in favor of him recently. Pahiya tuloy sya kay Jeremy Lin.

You wont believe that Im a Kobe fan too but loosing faith in him this past few years.

Hmm. How's not in favor? Because of that 2 consecutive 2nd rd exits after having 3 straight NBA finals + Olympics? because he lost to Jeremy Lin, or should I say the Lakers lost to the Knicks? Yeah, we should expect more! He's Kobe freakin Bryant after all.

Yeah, a 33 yr old who still thinks he's the best. You bet Jordan doesn't think he's the best when he was playing with the Wizards at the age of 39?

Lose your faith? AFAIK, you're not even a Laker fan.

Heheh. I rest my case. Cheers sir Vamp!

-- edited by Aizckrim on Aug 05 2012, 02:48 AM
  • External Image
  • sa tingin ko hindi na ok yung pagtatalo nyo...masakit na sa mata basahin para na kasyong sirang plaka. ganito lang po kasimple iyan mga tsong...just respect other's opinion...yun lang po iyun.
  • You claim that MJ is the 'hands down' GOAT way back back in 92 after winning two rings using what evidences?

MJ was already considered GOAT because nobody has done this before:

Win League MVP, Defensive Player of the Year, Scoring Title, and score 3000+ points in a single season (1988)... and no one ever has, since.
  • Jordan is considered GOAT because of his achievements and he dominated the game during the time when there's so much abundance of talent, e.g. Ewing, Hakeem, Admiral, Mourning etc.
  • kaka bu*at dito
    Masyado ng OT mga tao.. Gawa na lang kayo sariling thread para kay MJ...

Surprised wala pa ding asterisk...
  • *popcorn mode*
  • mukhang hindi nahirapan sila kobe/james sa laban nila ha....yun dreamteam nila bird/jordan/magic ano kaya masasabi sa pinagyayabang ni kobe na yun team nila now best dreamteam ever?
  • @Aizckrim

hehe so if you dont think MJ is the GOAT back then so be it. kaya lang mas marami kami at iilan lang kayong hindi naniniwala and that is what really matters hehe

You claim that MJ is the 'hands down' GOAT way back back in 92 after winning two rings using what evidences?
    - Magic's statement (1993 NBA finals)
    - walang internet during that time pero sikat si Jordan
    - 'analysts' and 'fans' thinks Jordan is the GOAT dagdagan ko lang, pati media and the players and coaches themselves!
    - may minanang lottery team si Jordan na nadevelop nya as a dynasty (dynasty though 2 rings pa lang sya nun) via total rebuild
    - opinyon ng mga collector ng NBA cards
    - your personal experience

Teka, ano nga ba talaga ang fair basis ng pagiging GOAT? As I've said earlier, para sakin eh popularity.

contradicting ang sinabi mo dito. para sa yo eh popularity pala eh sobrang popular na si Jordan that time. Jordan made the NBA "global"

- 'analysts' and 'fans' thinks Jordan is the GOAT

dagdagan ko lang, pati media and the players & coaches themselves!

- during the Dream Team formation, Magic is still considered the best player in the NBA although retired. He was just 31 and still have a lot left in the tank but can't play because of HIV.

nagkaron na ng passing of the torch that time from Magic to Jordan. i cant believe im reading this.

So the mere fact that Magic said that MJ is the 'best ever' erases his candidacy as a GOAT? Alangan naman buhatin nya sarili nya way back then?

wala akong sinabing ganyan, it never erased Magic's candicady as the GOAT but Jordan is the unanimous winner as the GOAT.

Here's the problem, para sakin and I do believe Laker fans during that time thinks that Magic Johnson is the GOAT. Para sa mga Celtic fans eh si Russell. Para sa ibang matatandang fans eh si Wilt. Etc. etc.

nope, its not a problem at all. like i said, iilan lang kayo and it doesnt matter.

para sakin eh exaggeration yung 'hands down GOAT in 1992 with just 2 rings' claim mo.

eh di super exaggerated yung claim ni Magic na he is the greatest basketball player and the greatest athlete in all sports that time.

Lose your faith? AFAIK, you're not even a Laker fan.

di mo siguro naabutan ito
    <click here for link>

you never know how i rant that Gasol is the best center before ('08-'10) and it was proven when Gasol outperformed Dwight in the finals.

-----
    para matapos na, kung sa tingin mo hindi pa GOAT si MJ that time then so be it :) for me it doesnt matter anyway. what matters is the opinion of the majority. cheers! :)
  • MJ was already considered GOAT because nobody has done this before:

Win League MVP, Defensive Player of the Year, Scoring Title, and score 3000+ points in a single season (1988)... and no one ever has, since.

dagdag lang, his achievements before 93:

RoY, 7 straight scoring champion, defensive player of the year (the only guard to win it that time and one of the only two guards to win it) and season mvp at the same season, averaged 32-8-8 with way over 50% FG, averaged 37.1ppg w/ just below 50% FG, 2 times steals champion, all defensive 1st team '88-'92, 3 season mvps, 2 finals mvps, etc.

lahat yan ginawa nya sa 8 seasons lang :)

-----

interesting, mukhang russia vs us maglalaban sa gold hehe
  • gusto nyo malaman sino ang GOAT?

External Image
  • kaka bu*at dito
    Masyado ng OT mga tao.. Gawa na lang kayo sariling thread para kay MJ...

agree!!!

+1TB
  • from Kobe's FB page

Tough game vs a very well balanced and coached team from Lithuania. They executed their game plan perfectly. Slow the game down, create a lot of foul situations and spread the floor with timely shooting. We responded to the challenge by creating a lot of turnovers and getting out on the break. We felt we had a mismatch with LBJ being defended by their 4 man, so we gave him the ball and told him to attack. That's exactly what he did and we came away with a gritty W. We should have another fun one vs Argentina next :) Can't wait.

LBJ saves the day!
  • Bakit hindi na lang sabihin na , magaling parehas na team? hindi naman kasi sila pwede paglabanin na. magaling ang '92 team sa panahon nila and magaling naman ang 2012 team sa panahon nila.

pwede kaya ganun na lang?
  • wala namang mararating yang topic na yan...

move on na kayo guys.. bago pa malock to :)

basta go USA! :)
  • it all started when i labeled Jordan as the GOAT even with 2 rings. lets move on na hehe

---

next game is against Argentina. expect a better performance by the US. i think na awaken sila ng Lithuania.
  • ang GOAT talaga si kwame brown!
  • ewan ko ba bakit yan ang pinipilit nilang Topic...

Basta enjoy lang... Go Team USA... Go Idol LeBron James... =D
  • lang yan naman, hindi pa nag sstart ung actual na Official NBA 2012-13 Season, eh may dalawang asterisk na **..hehe
  • For me, the turning point of last nights game was the block of LBJ and then the fastbreak dunk after that.

Wag na kayo magtalo, enjoy the games nalang :D

Idol Lebron James
  • buti nga hindi pa close eh.. hahaha.. may mga MASYADONG MATATALINO kasi na nagsisilitawan jan sa tabi-tabi.. hahays..

Who's Online

1222 active users within the last minute, 734 members, 488 guests.
Our newest member is gpdjwqmsceev
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys