So thats your point pero hindi naman yan ang pinaguusapan eh hehe... Ang issue ay kung considered na ba na GOAT si MJ even before winning his last 4 rings w/c is kinontra mo. Remember? Hehe
You claim that MJ is the 'hands down' GOAT way back back in 92 after winning two rings using what evidences?
- Magic's statement (1993 NBA finals)
- walang internet during that time pero sikat si Jordan
- 'analysts' and 'fans' thinks Jordan is the GOAT
- may minanang lottery team si Jordan na nadevelop nya as a dynasty (dynasty though 2 rings pa lang sya nun) via total rebuild
- opinyon ng mga collector ng NBA cards
- your personal experience
Teka, ano nga ba talaga ang fair basis ng pagiging GOAT? As I've said earlier, para sakin eh popularity. And that popularity can be reached via winning, stats, money, etc. Collective approach kumabaga. You may have a different point of view of course.
Here's the thing imo, lahat to eh 1992. Anything beyond that eh hindi kasama:
- during the Dream Team formation, Magic is still considered the best player in the NBA although retired. He was just 31 and still have a lot left in the tank but can't play because of HIV. It's like, Kobe and LBJ's situation now. We all know that LBJ is the best player in the planet yet we cling to Kobe's to greatness. Heheh.
- Magic is the only one as popular as MJ during that time
- Magic has a better resume, IN MY OPINION. 5 rings, 9 NBA finals, 12 seasons?
- Bill Russel, Wilt Chamberlain, Oscar Robertson, etc. weren't as popular because of the lack of information na natatamasa ngayon because of the internet, tv channels, etc.
How come MJ is 'hands down' GOAT during that time (1992) when there's a stigma of him winning because Magic retired? When Magic is still considered as the best player in the NBA and everyone is expecting a rematch in 1992 after the Bulls massacred the Lakers in 1991? When during that Magic has a better resume? When there are more people not as popular as MJ and Magic who had better careers?
So the mere fact that Magic said that MJ is the 'best ever' erases his candidacy as a GOAT? Alangan naman buhatin nya sarili nya way back then?
Here's the problem, para sakin and I do believe Laker fans during that time thinks that Magic Johnson is the GOAT. Para sa mga Celtic fans eh si Russell. Para sa ibang matatandang fans eh si Wilt. Etc. etc.
Well, not until Jordan cold blooded-ly came back to win 3 more rings to cement his GOAT resume.
Anyway, masyado na mahaba. Nakakaistorbo na sa ibang members. At the end of the day, may kanya kanya tayong point of view. Heheh. Still, para sakin eh exaggeration yung 'hands down GOAT in 1992 with just 2 rings' claim mo.
I rest my case on this Jordan being the hands down GOAT with just 2 rings debate.
Well, his "bring it on" mentality" is not going in favor of him recently. Pahiya tuloy sya kay Jeremy Lin.
You wont believe that Im a Kobe fan too but loosing faith in him this past few years.
Hmm. How's not in favor? Because of that 2 consecutive 2nd rd exits after having 3 straight NBA finals + Olympics? because he lost to Jeremy Lin, or should I say the Lakers lost to the Knicks? Yeah, we should expect more! He's Kobe freakin Bryant after all.
Yeah, a 33 yr old who still thinks he's the best. You bet Jordan doesn't think he's the best when he was playing with the Wizards at the age of 39?
Lose your faith? AFAIK, you're not even a Laker fan.
Heheh. I rest my case. Cheers sir Vamp!
-- edited by Aizckrim on Aug 05 2012, 02:48 AM