User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

Primary Master Hitachi HTSXXXXXX is Locked / Laptop is Not Booting

• Two cases which I would like to get clarification

Laptop Won't Boot

Hey there TPC masters.

First of all, this is a clean case, meaning the hard disk is from my own laptop and not stolen or any case of similar evil sorts. My laptop broke down already. I sent it to a repair shop once but they said it's not repairable. I still believe it can be repaired by someone who has the right tools and experience with my case. Laptop is not booting but when I power it on, it gives me indicator lamps and fan is rotating but would not really go beyond that.

Anyway, if anyone is near Laguna or easily accessible from Manila (Buendia), or just along or near EDSA, then I could try their service. I'd appreciate if you PM me on this if you think you really got the skills and tools ofcourse.

One person has been on constant PM and I thought he can do the job but he's too far and travel is too inconvenient for me. Sorry about that though. But I'm not dropping his services yet, I'm just looking for practical alternatives.

Primary Master Hitachi HTSXXXXXX is Locked

Next case, I would like to CLEARLY understand how I could unlock this.

So considering my laptop is dead. I have another laptop. I plugged in the drive first using an enclosure but the laptop won't recognize the drive. So, I decided to plug it directly as primary drive, lo' and behold, it asks for a password. I remember that I set a password in the BIOS set-up of my computer. I cannot clearly remember it but maybe it's the user (hdd) password that I set.

I tried supplying it to the netbook but it would not work. During my several internet research, they said that a password on one hard drive (especially in BIOS) is not the same in another laptop. I tried several password programs including that of dogbert's but that would not work as well. I felt maybe there's a converter of a BIOS user password of say ACER Model 1 laptop to ACER Model 2 laptop BIOS. I hope so.

The shop where I brought the dead laptop said that my hdd is dead already. I'm not sure of that as well. I just think that it's password protected that is why it cannot be accessed. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

I hope I narrated my story well.

Sorry for a very lengthy one.

Hope anyone could clarify. Thank you very much, TPC.

-- edited by duke_31 on Mar 20 2012, 03:14 PM
  • UP
  • Up again.

Who's Online

213 active users within the last minute, 108 members, 105 guests.
Our newest member is SilviaGype
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Items for Sale

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys