Forum Topic

Tomato flashed Dual wan Router from CD-R KING (CW-5356U/CW-5358U) Read Page1

• @Ibrahimovic

Yes nag post ka na ulit sir... Nice.

Pa assist naman dun sa problems ng CW5358u, wala kasi ako pang test nun...

Currently stable naman CW5356u ko (ngayon ko lang ulit ginamit) using the firmware I posted above.

Problem ko naman ngayon is sa PLDT nagbabago gateway ko.
    I don't know how they do that pero right now I'm being tossed around 112.204.160.x /20 network and 112.204.192.x /20 network.

Nakakaasar bago ko to ma post na lipat nanaman ako gateway = DC ulit net.
  • @Ibrahimovic
    Thank you also for appreciating my findings.

@xpd777
    Eto ung manual ng CW5358u almost same lang sa CW5356u galing yan sa page 38 ng thread para hindi ka na mahirapan magbackread
    <click here for link>

@Blu3martini
    Sir stable naman ung CW5358u once naayos na ung mga settings. Using it for a few days now. Regarding naman sa pagpapalit ng ip ng pldt may capability talaga sila gawin un. Simple analogy is ikaw pwede mo rin palit palitan ung mga ip ng mga kumoconnect sa network mo un nga lang private ip lang ang inaassign mo samantalang public ip naman ung sa pldt.
  • @Ryve

This isn't a simple pinalitan nila ng IP yung sakin.
    They're tossing me in a different subnets/IP gateways in a matter of minutes.

So analogy is para mong nilipat yung connector ko sa ibang router every 5 minutes or parang every 5 minutes nililipat nila ako ng VLAN.

Kahit may kakayahan sila gawin yun, I don't see a reason to toss me around different networks(Network not IP address lang) in 5 minute intervals.

PLDT's IP blocks right now is under a /20 prefix or 8192 usable IPs, while doing some test on my end, I got tossed around 112.204.128.x, 112.204.160.x 112.204.192.x and 112.204.224.x Subnets(Different networks).

So iba po yung IP address change yun normal pa pero magiba default gateway mo yan di normal.

For a prank it's too much and for normal operation that's not normal.
    I've made a call already and emphasized on my findings that I'm not happy getting tossed around in different subnets in 5 minute intervals since morning.

Don't mind me, I'm just angry at PLDT since this feels like intentional.

-- edited by Blu3martini on Jan 16 2013, 05:51 PM
  • Hi guys! I just bought a CW-5358U router. I bought this because of the NAS capability and for being able to "turn off" the wireless when not in use. However I cannot configure how to set the "Wifi" button on the side to be converted as an "on/off" switch of the wireless. Also can I configure the wireless LED indicator to turn off when the wireless is turned off?

Has anyone been able to successfully convert the "Wifi" button on the side beside the USB port into a WLAN on/off switch? Someone her ein TPC also suggested me that this router model can be set up to convert the extra button into a WLAN on/off switch using the firmware.

Thanks for any reply!
  • Also I would like to ask kung pwede ba mapalitan yung firmware ng CW-5358U from Tomato to DD-WRT? Thanks!
  • @frequenzy

YUng build EN 102 okay naman ba?

yes, I've tested na walang problem sa vlan mapping yung build 102. sabi ni shibby nagadd daw siya ng vlan mapping for asus rt-n53 sa build 104 kaya nagkaissue ata. hopefully it will be fixed sa next release.
  • Has anyone been able to successfully convert the "Wifi" button on the side beside the USB port into a WLAN on/off switch? Someone her ein TPC also suggested me that this router model can be set up to convert the extra button into a WLAN on/off switch using the firmware.

using shibby 101 build, disabled yung buttons/led config sa left. so not sure kung pwede.

@cw-5358u
    for torrent ok naman siya. mostly 2-4 torrents at a time lang ako. more than 6months na rin sa akin.
  • @CW5356u

Matagal ko na din di ito nagamit since nung kumuha ako ng Asus N10u(Nung wala pang brick free firmware ng tomato dito).
    Thankfully stable naman with toastman build 500.5

Gami ko dati is build 400 something and hindi pa siya stable nun dahil walang clear NVRAM hence I needed to restart the router every midnight to maintain stability.

I'll give it 2-3 more days of no reset to make sure na stable talaga.

@all
    My friend needs me to setup several APs linked together for his home, haven't made measurements nung area pero I guess the range should fit 100feet all around.

I'm eyeing the TP-Link 941ND 3T3R router, I guess I'll have the chance to fiddle with gargoyle this time, probably 3-4 of them in WDS mode.
    Does anyone here have any experience mounting a Wifi Router on the exterior wall?
    I'm thinking of making a sort of platform/patungan and add some silica gel on it to absorb moisture.
    It wouldn't be exposed to rain or direct sunlight pero syempre iba pa rin ang moisture sa labas.
    I'll be getting this done by Sat after exams, post ko na lang siguro findings.
  • @frequenzy, thanks for the reply, so di sure kung pwede sa shibby 101 build...

How about yung stock firmware na Tomato that came with the CW-5358U? meron ba dun way na maiconfigure ng maayos yung "wifi" button and convert it into an on/off switch for the WLAN/Wireless?

Also pwede ba mapalitan yung firmware ng CW-5358U from Tomato to DD-WRT? Thanks!
  • Also pwede ba mapalitan yung firmware ng CW-5358U from Tomato to DD-WRT? Thanks!

No we have made countless attempts at this with a CW5356u pero either it resulted in a brick or just as a wireless repeater. Do this at your own risk, pag nasira hanap ka na lang ng console tool.

@CW5356u toastman 500.5

Ayos na yung PLDT gateway problem ko sa router.
    My router is up for 26 hours now and no slow down as of now.
    Mukang ibebenta ko na yung N10u ko nito 1-2 months lang nagamit heheh.

-- edited by Blu3martini on Jan 17 2013, 07:11 PM
  • @Finepix

I made a short guide for flashing latest tomato.
    It has some pics to guide you

<click here for link>

For any QOS needs not inputted there just leave a message here.

-- edited by Blu3martini on Jan 18 2013, 02:07 AM
  • @all

tanung lang, pwede bang pgsabayin multiwan+torrent?
    musta load balancing nito for multiwan? ngcocombine ba talaga?

im eyeing on CW-5358U unit...tia
  • Hi guys! I tried the "wifi" button on the CW-5358U as a wireless on/off switch but I noticed that it can only turn off the wireless after pressing it for 2 seconds. If I try to turn on the wireless again di na sya gumagana.

Is this the right option to convert the "wifi" button as an on/off switch and has anyone here able to convert the button into a wireless on/off switch?

Here is the menu which I think pertains to converting a button into a wireless on/off switch

[img]Hi guys! I tried the "wifi" button on the CW-5358U as a wireless on/off switch but I noticed that it can only turn off the wireless after pressing it for 2 seconds. If I try to turn on the wireless again di na sya gumagana.

Is this the right option to convert the "wifi" button as an on/off switch and has anyone here able to convert the button into a wireless on/off switch?

Here is the menu which I think pertains to converting a button into a wireless on/off switch

<click here for link>

-- edited by Battousai1 on Jan 19 2013, 03:46 AM
  • @Finepix

I made a short guide for flashing latest tomato.
    It has some pics to guide you

<click here for link>

For any QOS needs not inputted there just leave a message here.

Hi Sir Blu! Thanks sa step by step Guide. Successful na ako sa flashing as of now.
    Dun na sa Re-activating yung WAN and LAN ports.
    and of course yung malupit na QoS Settings para makapag download ng files, torrent, youtube and games all at the same time!
  • @Battousai

I want to help you pero CW5356u lang meron dito na walang Wifi Button.

Update mo na lang kami sa results ng experiment mo para makatulong din sa ibang members :)
  • @Blu3martini - sir un po bang setting nyo s QOS ay pd ko gmitin sa CW-5358u v1.28 dual wan?

kabibili ko lng po ng router n yn yesterday cdrking puregold tanza my 2pcs stocks p cla.

gusto ko po kc i hiwalay ung sa game at sa internet sa 2 kong ISP.
  • No, iba ang option for packet assignments to a certain WAN port and wala akong ganun.

I don't support Dual WAN sorry.
    You may try this at your own risk, if something goes wrong, just do a hard reset.

@all

I tried to flash CW5356/CW5358's dual wan firmware on my Asus N10u(CW5356u is cloned from this) nope didn't work.
    I don't know the specific errors since I didn't stick a console tool in it but I tried several times and it didn't work; it's a softbrick.
    Next I tried DD-WRT build 19519 mega.bin
    Installed fine, however, I couldn't find any user friendly way of dumping the NVRAM so copy paste QOS derived from GUI is not possible at least for me. Hindi ko din makita yung variables ng rates for each class; Either it's stored somewhere else, hard coded into the firmware or disguised in a different form.

It's too technical for me to use as of now, I'll stick with tomato or get Gargoyle/Open-WRT capable routers next.

-- edited by Blu3martini on Jan 19 2013, 07:20 PM
  • Tama ba setting ko for globe tattoo postpaid

Set to 3g modem instead of dhcp then type *99***1# and internet.globe.com.ph

Nag konek naman sya kaya lang pag mag browse na ako white page lang nakikita ko at nag load pa

Pls help me
  • Nor sure I only tested prepaid Sun, Globe and Smart on mine. I've no globe postpaid

Have you tried to ping google.com?
    Try to change your DNS to level 3 DNS or Open DNS
    I did something like this to my prepaid globe to enable wifi sharing.
  • anu ba ang counterpart ng cw-5358u sa asus routers? shibby just confirmed that he already fixed vlan mapping for asus rt-n10u on build 105. shibbys site is currently down so can't test build 105. thanks.
  • Just want to correct my previous findings about sa reboot button sa GUI nung shibby's 104. Gumagana pala siya kaya iedit ko na lang ung post ko sa previous page sa thread para icorrect ung nauna ko na findings. Tapos ung VLAN assignment para maibalik sa tamang ayos ung hardware port ng router eto dapat ung VLAN assignments:

• Just want to correct my previous findings about sa reboot button sa GUI nung shibby's 104. Gumagana pala siya kaya iedit ko na lang ung post ko sa previous page sa thread para icorrect ung nauna ko na findings. Tapos ung VLAN assignment para maibalik sa tamang ayos ung hardware port ng router eto dapat ung VLAN assignments:

Thanks Ryve. so kapag ganyan ang settings yung tama na yung WAN port. not sure if you have tried build 105, unfortunately down yung site ni shibby.
  • @frequenzy
    oo sa WAN port na ng router isasaksak ung LAN cable galing sa modem. hindi ko pa natry ung 105. Kapag sure na wala din brick ung 105 itry ko din sa free time ko. wala kasi ako console tool pangunbrick.
  • @Ryve
    thanks. have you tried connecting a PC to LAN port 4? kung wala pa rin conflict.
  • CW-5358U ba ang pinakalatest ng CD-R King? Planning to buy one...

Baka lang meron pa mas magandang model.
  • @frequenzy

Wala silang counterpart sa Asus kasi 500mhz processor nitong CW5358u

Ang nearest is an Asus RT-N12u C1 which also uses the BCM 5356 @ 300mhz same CW5356u pero Wifi N 300mbps.

@Ryve

Nice findings, I'll compile that post for future reference

@chaingang

As far as I checked, Oo CW5358u and best router nila as of now.

@all

I'm compiling useful post on another tomato thread, medyo magulo na kasi info dito kalat kalat na.
    At least I've control on page 1 para wala ng backread.

Baka kasi akala din ng iba CDR King lang ang may tomato.

When Shibby comes back online, I can test the build 105 on my N10u.
    No further experiments on my CW5356u kasi main router ko na ulit siya.
  • for 10u it looks like vlan mapping should be fixed. shibby used boardrev 0x1102, i've checked 5358u and it has boardrev 0x1100 so possible na may issue pa din. anyway di ko pa din ntry since down yung site ni shibby.
  • @frequenzy
    Yes nasubukan ko na. Dun nakaconnect ung laptop sa bahay via LAN cable. As much as I can laging wired ung mga connections sa network ko kasi much more reliable and faster than wireless in most cases.
  • I think it's fine to stick with Shibby 102 for the time being.

I prefer to go with toastman though kasi may upper limit sa download.

I'm giving up on experimenting with DD-WRT as of now, hindi ko naman kasi need yung added features except Repeater mode and wala akong makita na way to modify the QOS class rates without getting immersing myself in embedded linux commands.

Sa tomato kasi any setting in your NVRAM pede mo copy paste for others to use.

72 hours elapsed and stable pa rin toastman RT-N 500.5 sa CW5356u ko.
  • @blu
    sir pacheck nga anu ang board rev ng 5356u, thanks.