>

User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

Tomato flashed Dual wan Router from CD-R KING (CW-5356U/CW-5358U) Read Page1

• @watchamaculit_27 - sir need little help regarding sa squid proxy,,, may config po ba kayo sa latest version ng squid? squid_3.4.11-2, nag iba na kasi config nya, dati old version squid_2.7.STABLE9-2 napagana ko ng tama with the previous guides now hindi na :( Thanks for help.
  • anong problema? nitrtry ko mag install ng optware follow ko guide ni sir @polka

External Image

Hot to install rsget.pl on your nice kamatis router

Pre requisite:
    - Marunong magbasa mabuti

Paritioning your Drive

*. You will need to partition your drive onto 3 separate partition, 1 for swap, 1 for optware and 1 for random things where your download stuff will go. And also you will need Minitool to do this job properly. And yeah, if you had any files on the drive you will be using this time, you need to backup the data stored on your drive, or else, mawawala yan
    * In Minitool UI look for the drive that you will be using for your router (pay attention for this, you should be able to identify or else bad things may happen)
    * Now delete all existing partition on that drive, by right click the partition and choose delete.
    * Now create a swap file, all you have to do is right click on unallocated partition, and choose create. A new windows appears and input the setting as follows.
    - Create as: Primary
    - File System: Linux Swap
    - Partition Size: 128MB (its up to you, anything higher than 128mb is overkill TBH)
    Everything else should leave as is and click OK.
    * Now we need to create a optware partition, Do the usual thing by right clock the unallocated partition and choose create. Then enter as follows:
    - Label: opt (yeah in small letter, just do what I say)
    - File System: Ext2/Ext3 (depends, if you are using a flashdrive then choose ext2. else ext3)
    - Partition Size: Between 256mb-1GB (its up to you, who knows baka mag install ka pa ng ibang optware packages)
    Everything else should leave as is and click OK.
    * Now for the finale, we need to create a partition for random things, its up to you this is what I done in my case:
    - File System: NTFS
    In this partition, I assumed the rest available parition space, so Leave the Partition Size as is and Click OK.
    * Click that big check box on upper left corner of Minitool window and wait, patience is virtue.

Configure that Router

- Assuming you are using tomato firmware, any flavors, in my case I had shibby installed on my router
    - Assuming also that you already plug that USB drive of your in the router.

* Login to your Tomato WEBUI admin page
    * Go to Administration >> Scripts
    * Enter this line in Init
    echo "LABEL=opt /opt ext2 rw,nodev,noatime 1 1" >> /etc/fstab

take note, you see that ext2 there? edit that whit corresponding filesystem you created earlier. If you use ext3, then replace that with ext3
    * Click Save.
    * Now go to USB and NAS >> USB Support
    * Gayahin nyo to:
    -USB Core support : check
    -USB 2.0 support : check
    -USB storrage support: check
    - File Systems Support: check all 3
    - Automount: check
    - On Run after Mounting, copy this:
    swapon /dev/sda1
    if [ -d /opt/etc/init.d ]; then
    for f in /opt/etc/init.d/S* ; do
    [ -x $f ] && $f start
    done
    fi

* Click Save
    * Restart router and wait for 2 minutes?
    * Done

-- edited by nuo994 on Mar 04 2015, 10:22 PM
  • @polka
    @odnamra
    Maraming salamat sa tulong niyo mga sir. Pwede ko ba din itry isaksak ang usb printer dito? nagana ba usb hub kahit walang external power
    ( ang gagawin ko po is printer + external drive).
    Napaka useful talaga nitong router nito. ang inaalala ko na lang mag overheat siya kung maghapon nakabukas.
  • anyone knows how to block youtube website at sa youtube app from any device. pag naka https ayaw kasi ma block. kapag iblock ko naman yung port ng https, it will affect other websites. youtube lang ang gusto ko iblock since all users here are so abusive. maraming salamat po.
  • @marco

well, overheat is not a issue, if you were worried about that, then buy a USB Fan you can buy on CDRKING.

uptime lang

External Image

@tjqt06

tried doing that, pero once you block youtube via IP address, you also literally block google. The only way I can block it via DNS like OpenDNS via Familyfiltering or Custom configuration or SQUID proxy server version 3.xx (not 2.7 as it doesnt support ssl). Or via DNSMASQ by pasting this under DNSMASQ custom cofig

address=youtube.*/127.0.0.1
    address=*.youtube.*/127.0.0.1

after that check 'Intercept DNS port' Click apply and visit youtube, you should be greeted with a error that website is inaccessible.

-- edited by polka on Mar 05 2015, 12:30 PM
  • ok, try ko po sir polka. feedback later. matsalams!
  • @nuo994

memory card ba gamit mo? usually kasi ganyan talaga mangyayari kasi mabagal ang initialization ng memory card.

minsan nangyayari din sa flashdrive yan, so in this case we highly recommend using USB HDD. or Flash Drives na mabilis ang initialization, like Sandisk flashdrives.
  • @polka

ano firmware ng 5356u mo?
    napansin ko kasing wlang swap partition
    2nd yung total/free memory may graphical under
  • Hi guys ask ko lang kung anong pinakastable shibby for 5358u sa ngaun?

-- edited by shivarobert on Mar 05 2015, 07:52 PM

-- edited by shivarobert on Mar 05 2015, 07:52 PM
  • @polka

Sir, may problema po sa dnsmasq. Gumana naman po pero lahat po ng websites na block po. I tried uncheck intercept dns option same pa rin. But when I removed the script, may internet na. I google all the possibilities pero di po ata working to. Baka may work around ka dito if ever lang po.

I tried OpenDNS and its working pero sa phone ko naman laging nag pop up na sign-in request. In a matter of few minutes, na didisconnect yung wifi tapos sign-in uli.

Maraming salamat uli.
  • ^ganun ba

gamitin mo na lang ulit yung access restriction.

all you have to do is this

Under rules

External Image

Add this entry by number shown on the picture above
    1. Set to DST IP
    2. add youtube.com (or any domain that you want to block)

And then add another one with the same domain isd SRC IP this time
    And repeat the steps again with www.youtube.com

after that it will look something like this (in any order)

External Image

click save (and make sure that the rule is enabled).

Visit youtube now and it site should not be able to load this time, at first parang ang tagal mag load tapos bigla na lang mag error.
  • sige po sir, try ko po yung suggestion nyo. feedback later. thanks po.

Who's Online

663 active users within the last minute, 366 members, 297 guests.
Our newest member is ollan
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys