>

User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

Tomato flashed Dual wan Router from CD-R KING (CW-5356U/CW-5358U) Read Page1

• ^ @ sir polka
    ask ko lang sir kung kaya nya din mg render 1080p? hanap din akong specs nyan..
    i think mahirapan ako sa mobo nya..
  • parang next time mag oorder na ako sau ng NAS kung ganyan lng din ung aabutin na presyo at power consumption. hehehe

price wise, prebuilt NAS is more expensive pero no hassle, comparing it to a AsusTOR or Synology NAS starting price is 16k with 4 bay drives, while mine is only 6k. take note, No Hard drives included on all NAS appliance unless stated it was included, kung meron man HDD, probably mas mahal pa yan sa 16k.

@whitelist

not sure about rendering videos since ive never tried it before. kahit nung kaka build ko lang nito. I never loaded another OS on it on first post other than arch linux.

but who knows, according sa spec, it can has a hardware decoder for video like h264 so using that hardware decoder may able to stream 1080p videos just fine, just like what raspberry pi do.
  • Thanks, sir polka. Nakuha sa System Commands. Nakakalimutan ko lang i-unmount yung drive pala.
  • Mga sir pa help po, ano page or link sa guidelines how to setup our routers with SmartBro Usb dongle?

External Image

-- edited by rion on Aug 25 2015, 09:50 PM
  • ^if that usb modem is a huawei and doesnt have built-in wifi or a pocket wifi, it will work on this router just follow this

- upgrade to latest official shibby firmware, this also adds support for LTE modem, confirmed working with all USB LTE modems available in philippines that is huawei based, not sure with ZTE and other counterparts since most of those USB modems have a dodgy firmware on it.
    for upgrading to latest shibby firmware: see our firmware updated guidlines on page 1

- once installed, go to Basic >> Network

- set the WAN option to 3g Modem or LTE/4G, depends on your stick. If the modem you got is a HSDPA/HSPA+, choose 3G modem, if its pure LTE regardless on standards, choose LTE/4G

- set you APN, if its smart,leave default, if its globe, use their propriety APN setting google mo na lang.

- once done save settings, wait for 1minute turn off the router, plug your USB modem, power up, wait for the router to boots up, and wait for another couple of seconds for the 3g/LTE modem to connect.
  • darn ZTE po yung usb dongle ko MF627 with SMART sim. No wifi but Connecting lang lagi ang status ko...

-- edited by rion on Aug 25 2015, 10:20 PM
  • well even in linux I can say that only selected people manage to work MF627 because of too many firmware variants, sa huawei kasi, only the dashboard is changed, everything else on the modem side is just the same as other same model that is provided by other network provider. Plus huawei uses the same drivers across their modems variants a driver that is enough to get a serial connection or NDIS connection up.

one thing that I remember with that modem is to unlock it, you need to install a much much older firmware, I used to have that modem and I sell it to someone who needs it abroad, because its unlock and it has easy gui access to change APN settings unlike what he has back then that is actually fully locked, even dashboard has no option to change APN, not even a AT commands can do it, that was I think Vodafone or something.
  • oh i see, may particular HUAWEI model po kayo na na try personally? I want to use a tested model at baka bibili nalang ako.

May options rin sa modem device "/dev/tty/USB0" I tried it up to USB3 but no luck...

Ironic... ZTE yung router peru di compatible ZTE usb dongle ko...

External Image

-- edited by rion on Aug 25 2015, 11:21 PM
  • modems that I tried and worked, all huawei

- e1550 (sun provided modems)
    - e1552 (sun, smart, globe provided modems)
    - e356 (provided only for postpaid, with external antenna support)
    - e357 (just a rebranded e356 with no holes for external antenna but if you open it up there's one so you only need to drill it, for prepaid)
    - e392 (LTE)

all locally available in philippines

-- edited by polka on Aug 26 2015, 07:56 AM
  • Thanks sir polka!

Who's Online

644 active users within the last minute, 306 members, 338 guests.
Our newest member is rara101
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys