Forum Topic

Tech Link: Performance Tuning Protection Plan by Intel®

• Intel released a very nice plan for CPU enthusiasts that is sure to be a hit for extreme overclockers. With plan selling for as low as $20, and $35 as the highest, enthusiasts that can buy $900 will be happy to have that extra protection.

The plan covers processors with \"K\" and \"X\" suffix and falls on Intel® 2nd Generation Core™ processors based on LGA2011 platform. Note that while Intel offers this plan, Intel is still playing it safe and not \"endorsing\" overclocking.

For the typical overclockers, this option is, just that, an option. What this plan really applies to is when enthusiasts starts pushing volts way beyond specification using exotic coolers. Of course, even casual overclockers using stock aircooler can avail of this, if only to get that secure feeling and guilt-free conscience if and when you break your CPU.

Here\'s the breakdown:

Intel® Core™ i5 2500K= $20
    Intel® Core™ i7 2600K= $25
    Intel® Core™ i7 2700K= $25
    Intel® Core™ i7 3930K= $35
    Intel® Core™ i7 3960X= $35

Source:: FanboyReview <click here for link>

Or go directly to Intel <click here for link>
  • Hi dm,

Good day. I would just like to inquire if this plan is honored by Intel PH (as advertised and covered in Philippines). If so how will this be presented and used to an K type processor that has died due to OC?

Else and recommendations to contact Intel PH and entertain this ITPP.

Reason:
    Have plan to buy the ITPP as assurance as I plan to Oc my K processor.

Hoping for your feed back. Thanks in advance.