Forum Topic

Tablet: HP WebOS 3.0 Touchpad HSTNH-129C

• Hmmm... quite surprised not finding any existing topic/discussion for this nice tablet. This had been available locally for quite a while though not at their US \"fire sale\" prices, but still way below their launch price.

Just got my 32GB version at a very attractive price. I wouldn\'t say cheap given the prevailing US online prices, but inexpensive enough looking at the other alternatives. Closest would be the WiFi only versions of the Galaxy Tab 8.9, the Tab 10.1 and the iPad 1 & 2. Major omissions would be the lack of memory expansion like the 8.9, and also missing a 3.5mm audio socket. First one would be no big deal to some, while the latter could be remedied by a stereo Bluetooth headset.

I got mine installed with WebOS 3.0.0 by default, and managed to update it to the latest one, version 3.0.4, manually via WebOS doctor as the automatic updater keeps saying my software is already up to date. I wouldn\'t say it was sluggish before, but the update really cranked the performance by quite a few notches. I am actually posting this via this device. More feedback & impressions later. Feel free to post questions.
  • correction: hurray... the touchpad does have a 3.5mm headphone jack. it\'s on top opposite the power button. sa official user\'s guide kasi di naka-indicate yung location, though sa specs page/ datasheet naka-indicate na.

here\'s the link for the specs page: <click here for link>

eto naman ang user\'s guide: <click here for link>
  • san ka nakabili?
  • This product is dead already.
    hp held a firesale before xmas for 100$ each

-- edited by suka on Jan 02 2012, 07:03 PM
  • ^Uu. Dead na din ata OS(Wala nang updates etc.).

Pero may modified android OS para sa tablet na yan ^_^.
  • This product is dead already.
    hp held a firesale before xmas for 100$ each

^Uu. Dead na din ata OS(Wala nang updates etc.).

But this is what I like with stuff like this. When an OS reaches the end of its life, this means you\'re through with updates. Wala ka nang iisipin kundi kung paano gamitin.
  • mabuti sana kung 4.5k lang, para ka lang bumili ng apad clones for basic uses...kaso hindi naman ganun kamura eh.
  • gusto ko rin sana! :) magkano niyo nakuha, sir?
  • Yup, I know that it\'s \"dead\" already.

The Cyanogen Team is working on it, and that\'s enough for me. :)
  • Goodluck with not getting one of those repaired units and being resold during the firesale. Hp resold alot of those for 100$ in hurry to unload their last stocks of touchpads.

-- edited by suka on Jan 03 2012, 03:58 AM
  • Goodluck with not getting one of those repaired units and being resold during the firesale. Hp resold alot of those for 100$ in hurry to unload their last stocks of touchpads.

I thought HP is Smart by selling out of the desktop business... but also out of the tablet game? this is the future of computing!
  • I\'m a proud owner of a 32GB HP TouchPad and I can say sulit ito sa price na binayaran ko (10K). Dual boot with WebOS 3.0.4 and XRON 2.9 > couldn\'t be happier!

Up for this thread!
  • Ice cream sandwich goodness
  • Hintay na lang ako sa Asus MeMo. /inggitakosainyo. :))
  • WELL up for this thread ang ganda ng tablet na ito kaso wala ng updates sa webos pero naka pag flashed din ako ng ics din na os heheh
  • Mga Sir baka meron dito nag fflash ng HP Touchpad webOS to android..

Pa PM na lang salamat

-- edited by rollinrl on Dec 04 2012, 03:50 PM
  • paano po gawing ICS ito from webOS?

please help. thx
  • Maganda sana yung tablet kaso, yung support nya wala na. nidispose nila this tablet $99 sa US kasi sopped na pa develop ng apps nya and updates. At pinakamasaklap na nangyari sa akin e yung parts and services. Hindi ino-honor ng HP philippines ang support nya even if under warranty pa! Kaasar noh! mine has defective touchscreen na so i can't use it anymore!!!!

Baka meron dito pwede magpa order ng touchpad screen ng HP Tablet let me know - 09228547076 Rommel

Thanks TPC!
  • hi po. late post po ito. asking po sana dito kung sino may alam magconvert nito sa android? please pm me.e

-- edited by jahdeun on Dec 21 2013, 10:38 PM
  • Up ko lang dead topic .. haha Gusto ko sana pagawang dual boot ng android kitkat ang TP ko .. magkano kaya?? ,.. tamad na din ako mag gaganto e pm me
  • http://android.appstorm.net/how-to/rooting-and-roms/how-to-install-android-on-the-hp-touchpad/

But note, this is gingerbread cm mod....

wala nang i-uupdate yan kasi sobra luma ng hardware.
  • http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/HP_Touchpad/ROMs#Custom_ROMs
  • http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/HP_Touchpad/ROMs#Custom_ROMs