>

User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

Mechanical Keyboard Thread (Full list on page 246)

• Grabe puro razer ang available :))
  • Double post...

-- edited by aeonblaire on Aug 02 2015, 11:54 AM
  • I'll revise my question. Suppose you have a budget for Razer BW Chroma (so around 8k~ish). What else would you buy and why? RGB or not. I know it's somehow a personal opinion, but please do share why. No bashing of products please just state facts. Thanks!
  • @yuelyk

IMO kung ako pipili doon ako with that budget either ducky, filco, poker or any standard mechanical keyboard brands na may magandang user review sa amazon, newegg and sa forums.

As much as possible iwasan mga gaming keyboards since overpriced sila and yung mga extra features nila minsan ang reason kung bakit pangit ang quality nila since tinitipid nila ang ibang materials like Razer using kailh switches or yung corsair mech keyboards that causes static discharge dahil sa aluminum body na ginagamit nila.

Much better kung bumili ka na lang ng standard mechanical keyboard unless importante sa iyo ang macro, lighting effects and/or extra buttons.
  • If I have the budget, I will get Corsair K95. Why? Because I like the design, has macros, not TKL, RGB (not really important for me, but why not since I can afford), I am quite confident of the brand and the quality that it is known for, and most importantly, uses Brown Cherry MX which is also my preference among all types.
  • Pwede rin Logitech G910
  • Thanks for the inputs. Anyway I saw a non-RGB mech. keyboard priced at the same range as rgb ones. Das Keybaord is the brand. Is it really good? Why in the same price range as those with lighting effects yet it is just a plain keyboard?
  • I'll revise my question. Suppose you have a budget for Razer BW Chroma (so around 8k~ish). What else would you buy and why? RGB or not.

either https://www.massdrop.com/buy/mkc-87-full-metal-keyboard?mode=guest_open or this https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ergodox-ez-an-incredible-mechanical-keyboard
  • Astig naman nung all-aluminum body O.O
  • I'll revise my question. Suppose you have a budget for Razer BW Chroma (so around 8k~ish). What else would you buy and why? RGB or not.

Get a no BS keyboard. Get a Filco.
  • No BS Keyboard = saves you from A LOT OF HASSLE.

Pag namatayan ng LED, mag kick in pagiging OCD ng tao .

2 possible results :

1. Turn off LED para di ma bothered sa nasirang LED.

2. Wont turn off LED. Will get that itch to either buy another one or repair it by yourself which may or may not fail.

Either way, hassle ang may gimicks. And those macro keys, in the long run hindi mo na din sila gagamitin. Get a Filco, Ducky or DAS.

This is coming from a guy who bought a mech kb with too much gimick only to find myself regretting what I bought so I opted for a no gimick mech KB. (Filco Majestouch II Cherry MX Blues Yellow Keycap Ed.)
  • re: blackwidow budget alternatives

up na ule pok3r sa massdrop https://www.massdrop.com/buy/vortex-poker-iii-compact-keyboard?mode=guest_open

edit : Sabayaran mo narin neto https://www.massdrop.com/buy/pok3r-wood-case?mode=guest_open

-- edited by k_e_i_k_u_n_1_7 on Aug 03 2015, 10:52 PM
  • No BS Keyboard = saves you from A LOT OF HASSLE.

Pag namatayan ng LED, mag kick in pagiging OCD ng tao .

2 possible results :

1. Turn off LED para di ma bothered sa nasirang LED.

2. Wont turn off LED. Will get that itch to either buy another one or repair it by yourself which may or may not fail.

Either way, hassle ang may gimicks. And those macro keys, in the long run hindi mo na din sila gagamitin. Get a Filco, Ducky or DAS.

This is coming from a guy who bought a mech kb with too much gimick only to find myself regretting what I bought so I opted for a no gimick mech KB. (Filco Majestouch II Cherry MX Blues Yellow Keycap Ed.)

LED are not just for gimicks, it helps people like myself. I don't claim to be a typing expert who can live with blank keyboards. So this helps me a lot when I'm with my computer at night with is pretty much the only time I have with it.

About macro keys, it depends on what you do. I'm my case, I play MMOs and it eases hours of boring grinding. And guarantees perfect skill combo timing as well!
  • Gamer ka ba? Get a Razer, Corsair, or Logitech.

Pure typist ka ba? Get Filco, Ducky or DAS.

That simple.
  • +1
  • ^LOL

baliktarin naman natin yan:

kapag ba naka Razer, Corsair or Logitech ka gamer ka na?

kapag naka Filco, Ducky or DAS ka, hindi ka pwedeng gamer?

hehehe

LAHAT ng keyboard pwedeng pang gaming at syempre pang type... so wala sa brand yan.

do NOT look at the brand if you're in the market for a new keyboard... whether you're a "gamer" or a typist or whatever.

Look at the Build Quality and the Switches that would best fit you.

These boards are supposed to last decades or maybe a lifetime without giving you headaches. Taking the IBM Model M as an example - this is definitely a NO BS keyboard. -- there are some people rockin a 30-ish year old model M's to date.

now, is this a "gaming" keyboard? - wasn't built for that, but sure you can game on it :)
  • What I meant to say is Razer, Corsair or Logitech are caters towards more on gamers, kita mo naman may mga macro keys for MMO and RGB lighting and kung ano pang gimmick for gaming. Kahit yung mga software nila is inclined toward more on gaming with certain profiles for games.
  • @smuggy

You have a point. Pero it is very obvious naman with most brands that they have their target market. Lahat yan keyboards and you can use it for whatever purpose you what, but that does't mean they will all perform the same. Some will be better than others for a specific purpose because sila mismo, pinili nila na yun ang market nila.

Example, Razer, ano slogan nila?

For Gamers. By Gamers.

So kung typist ka, as your natural tendency, pipiliin mo ba yung brand na ang specialization ay hindi naman yung pangangailangan mo?

Ok, so Ducky.

Ducky is a well respected brand in the Mecahnical Keyboard industry and a leader in producing clean, simple, and cutting-edge mechanical switch peripherals.

E gamer ako and I need macros, multi game key profiles. Pipiliin ko ba ito over others who cater to such?

Look at the Build Quality and the Switches that would best fit you.

Very much true. But one thing you forgot is.. The need.. Ano ba ang kailangan ko? Para saan ko ba gagamitin?

-- edited by jeth08 on Aug 04 2015, 01:54 AM
  • all boils down to preferences, no BS.
  • Thanks sa mga suggestions guys.. lalo ata ako naguluhan ngayon. Lol.

Who's Online

204 active users within the last minute, 83 members, 121 guests.
Our newest member is Assej
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys