>

User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

LED Lightbulbs - super efficient light bulbs

• Hi team ask ko lang ano ma recommend nyo na wattage ng light na gagamitin, bale nasa 10 sqm room, 1 light for every corner so 4 lights lahat. Mukhang GES ang matunog na brand dito a. Meron din ba sila yung mejo warm ang color?
  • ^depends how bright you want the room to be. ambient light lang ba or kailangan bright? pag bright, 5.5w each sobrang liwanag na yan
  • Meron din ba sila yung mejo warm ang color?

yes, GES has warm white lights

Hi team ask ko lang ano ma recommend nyo na wattage ng light na gagamitin, bale nasa 10 sqm room, 1 light for every corner so 4 lights lahat.

If you already have CFL's then get the approximate lumens of the old CFL bulbs then i match mo. If natapon mo na ang kahon then get the model, wattage and brand and look for similar CFL bulbs sa store, nakasulat sa kahon ang lumens
  • one way to now you're too obsessed with LED bulbs.

You have been watching a failing infrequently used CFL bulb for a year or so, then it dies when you weren't looking and when you weren't looking your relative buys a cfl bulb to replace it. And you get annoyed.

lolz
  • ang mura ng mga bagong LED ni DaKing! (presyong pang bangketa) hehehe
  • I have reasonable quality and brightness 5w bulbs na generic that cost 80 pesos. Only slightly dimmer than firefly or ges (not the high end 100 lumen per watt models)

I also have a 40 peso one but it is around as bright as a 3w bulb.

I would not be impressed by cdrking led bulbs unless they match the 80 peso 5w bulb
  • Unfortunately led has earned a bad rep in most stores and homes na nadaanan ko. Most are unhappy and unimpressed with the violet-white light and shadowy glare of most average type consumer led bulbs. Yung mga small stores na nakita ko nag led bulb have returned to cfls.

Am still waiting for the next gen cheaper led that matches cfls.
  • 4 or 5years ago nagstart ng LED (mostly GES and some from other brands)
    ginamit ko dito sa bahay at sa work

walang pagsisisi sa side ko at sa boss ko na nag-Led kami

so far isa lang pumaltos na almost 6months lang nagamit but good thing pinalitan ng GES with no question ask
  • been using OMNI brand led lights for more than a year....no failures so far.
  • Most are unhappy and unimpressed with the violet-white light and shadowy glare of most average type consumer led bulbs.

problems with cheap chinese made bulbs that I have for testing purposes. The solution is of course to use branded bulbs. To reduce the violet colored glare use warm white colored bulbs. Branded bulbs like GE and phillips also have a better color temp but at the price of lower lumens per watts and higher price.

To reduce the stark shadows dont use "snowcone" type models.

Snowcone type models only have a half hemisphere light diffuser and have a lower beam angle. A higher beam angle means more light hits the ceiling and unless its dirty, the light bounces down radically increasing the apparent diameter of the bulb. This softens shadows.

Except for corn bulbs, all cheap chinese led brands are snowcone in design.

GES is mostly snowcone but it has a lineup thats not. You can plainly see its not hemispherical. The new omni's and the even wattage firefly's look like snowcones but if you look closely the hemisphere is more than half so the beam angle is a decent 270 degrees

-- edited by AmalgamvsAloof on May 18 2015, 10:58 AM
  • GES user here una kong GES years na yata OK na OK pa din. Walang pagsisisi. 8 GES walang problema kahit isa. at isang sidiar hari na OK pa din kahit mumurahin...
  • External Image

In case you never ever ate a snowcone before, here is how a snowcone LED bulb looks like. The important thing is that the diffuser is almost exactly 1/2 of a sphere. Pretty much no light escapes going backwards (towards the base)

If its more than 1/2 then its not a snowcone since some light goes backwards
  • ^depends how bright you want the room to be. ambient light lang ba or kailangan bright? pag bright, 5.5w each sobrang liwanag na yan

ambient lang sana... so kung 5.5w sobra na dapat nasa 3 watts each lang? I guess GES ang recommended brand dito right? gamitin ko sana yung nakapaloob sa kisame. meron ba kayo recommend? salamat

If you already have CFL's then get the approximate lumens of the old CFL bulbs then i match mo. If natapon mo na ang kahon then get the model, wattage and brand and look for similar CFL bulbs sa store, nakasulat sa kahon ang lumens

no sir wala pa ako kinakabit, new room...

recessed light pala ang tawag dun. yung normal LED light lang din ba yun or meron talaga specifically built for recessed lighting? parang mas OK kasi yung nakatago sa kisame yung light e... thanks!

-- edited by schutzstaffel on May 20 2015, 08:06 AM
  • normal led bulb ang gamit sa recessed light...
    you just need to take note of the length of the bulb, yung beam angle at kung prone to heat

yung length kasi nag kakaroon ng shadow sa ceiling kung maiksi ang bulb at malalim yung holder
    yung beam angle kasi almost same kung shallow beam magkakaroon ng shadow sa ceiling
    yung heat, masmadali kasi uminit pag recesed especiallykung may glass cover

merong mga 1pc na circular or square light na deretso kabit na, masmahal lng sa bulbs. at hindi na kelangan ng housing

if para sa sarili, go for the 5years GES bulbs
  • normal led bulb ang gamit sa recessed light...
    you just need to take note of the length of the bulb, yung beam angle at kung prone to heat

yun... meron naman pala housing plus normal LED light... sabi sa taas malakas na daw ang 5w for ambient light, apat na kanto kasi ang lalagyan. so 3w? tama na ba yun? tapos mejo warm color para cozy (bedroom).

magkakano ba yung housing nun? anyone know? baka 3w na GES na lang kunin ko.

thanks!
  • for a small room, like mine, gamit ko 2w from the existing 5w CFL.
    ok na cguro ang 3w for an average room.

yung housing nabibili rin yan sa hardware.
  • External Image

pwede pang testing. But I wont use them in lights that are on for a long time. For those I use proven brands na matibay and maganda ang lumen-watt rating
  • been using OMNI brand led lights for more than a year....no failures so far.
    2 yrs ba ang warranty ng mga omni led bulbs? ito kasi ang sabi sa akin ng salesman bago ko binili. pero wala nakalagay sa box or receipt.

i bought the 9w daylight with 800lm and 270 deg angle. i compared this with a newly replaced GES 9watter with 810lm in the same room, and tingin ko mas puti at mas maliwanag ang omni. it might be because of the 270deg angle of lighting.
  • base on test

GE at Philips ang maliwanag talaga, placing 2nd to 3rd ang GES
    may bagong labas ang GES na smd led na ang gamit. wider angle narin ang output nun.
    same 2years warranty indicated in the box
  • the cdrking max value LEd bulbs have no aluminum heatsinks. From that we can possibly infer that they use more efficient emitters. Less electricty wasted as heat, more as light. But we have to test to be sure.
  • eto so far ang natipuhan ko from ace hardware:

firefly 3w 230lm = 119php
    akari 3w 260lm = 140php

tapos meron ako isang side na 3 maliliit magkakatabi. siguro 1 watt pwede na dun.

thanks!
  • meron po ko GES 9w dimmable, pag naka max dimm po ba ung led nag babago rin po ba yung wattage ng ilaw or fix parin sa 9w?
  • A question on LED lights in which we replace the Edison Screw bulb CFL or floresecent tube. Do we need to rewire or do any other improvements to the electrical system or housing?
  • A question on LED lights in which we replace the Edison Screw bulb CFL or floresecent tube. Do we need to rewire or do any other improvements to the electrical system or housing?

for CFL, plug and play. If may dimmer then dont use the dimmer unless dimmer compatible ang LED bulb

LED's are sensitive to heat so you might need to modify if kulob ang bulb

LED's use less power. In some cars with whats called a CANBUS system, there's a system wherein the car computer looks at the amount of amps flowing and if a high amp incandescent is replaced with a low amp led, the low amount of amps fools the computer into thinking that there is a broken bulb and meron warning light. Solution is to add a resistor or use CANBUS compatible LED's with a built in resistor to increase amps. However the resistor + LED tends to nullify the power savings. Its usually not relevant for houses however unless you have a smart house that uses the same system. Pang dagdag info lang.

for tube, it depends. AFAIK most LED tubes need you to rewire. Remove the starter and the ballast. Just connect the 220v straight to the receptacles. Better look at the instructions para sure

Personally since mahal ang LED tubes, I would rather convert LED tubes to an e27 socket

Since LED bulbs use less amps, technically you could downgrade the wiring and the fuses/breakers

Some LED bulb brands like GES have a very faint glow even if naka off if grounded ang wiring so fix it first. Firefly wala

-- edited by AmalgamvsAloof on May 24 2015, 10:25 AM

Who's Online

560 active users within the last minute, 297 members, 263 guests.
Our newest member is sammy01
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

Active Want to Buys