>

User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

LED Lightbulbs - super efficient light bulbs

• Nasiraan ako ng GES 4w, 1 year pa lang. Sana mahanap ko pa resibo for warranty.

Ang ginagawa ko kung bumibili ako ng LED notanlightbulb or other appliances na may warranty is to take a scanned photo (using camscanner or other scanning aps) ng receipt sabay send to cloud storage like Dropbox or Drive. Nagfe-fade kasi yung mga thernal receipts nila and para mas madaling hanapin if needed.
  • or upload in you FB (make a private album)

sure mas madalas open ng FB.....
  • i have an APC UPS 550va, with a 7ah 12v battery inside.
    question, if i use it to power a 7watt led bulb, how long will be the runtime?
  • watts = volts x amps

so it's 12v x 7ah = 84 watts

divide 84 watts by the wattage of your device which is 7 watts, then the device can be able to run around 12 hours.

although there are some factors that we need to consider like the charge level of the battery, system inefficiencies and conversion losses......so a safe estimate would be a runtime anywhere between 6 to 8 hours.

-- edited by megasyxx on Feb 26 2015, 07:37 PM
  • ^ thanks sir.
  • divide 84 watts by the wattage of your device which is 7 watts, then the device can be able to run around 12 hours.

i think that assumes:
    1. you run the battery down to 0%. In actuality you dont want to do that kasi masisira ang battery. Limit it to 50% if its a deep cycle battery, more than 50% if its not. So 6 hours or less if you want to do it often

and

2. the 7 watt value includes both the UPS (you use some wattage in the DC to AC transformer) and the light. So you chop more hours off the 6 hoyr value. Dont know how much. Fortunately there is a simple solution. Bypass the UPS and use a 12 v DC LED bulb directly connected to the 12v battery. Meron made in china na mura lang

-- edited by AmalgamvsAloof on Feb 26 2015, 08:58 PM
  • I bought a 5w 50 pesos LED bulb na made in china. comparing it to my few months old 5w 80 pesos china bulb it is noticably dimmer. Well expected.

I'm gonna place it somewhere where its rarely used so OK lang kung madali masira

-- edited by AmalgamvsAloof on Feb 26 2015, 08:57 PM
  • Thanks for reminding, although medyo off topic na.....the ups battery must only be discharged at around 50% to prolong it's service life.

So the correct formula would be:

Watts = volts x amps then divide by 2 then divide by the number of watts of the led bulb for the number of hours to use.

Since led bulbs need less energy, it's not a bad idea to use it on a ups. (A 7 watt led is almost as bright as a 15 watt cfl)

-- edited by megasyxx on Feb 27 2015, 01:35 AM
  • External Image

-- edited by jayyuri2525 on Feb 27 2015, 04:55 AM
  • Not really a "worst power dissipation" or "worst IV characteristic".

Mataas kasi ang luminousity at madaming wavelength ng white LED kaya medyo malaki ang current/voltage na kinakain.

-- edited by jayyuri2525 on Feb 27 2015, 04:36 AM
  • @megasyxx
    @AmalgamvsAloof

thank you sirs for the inputs. already ordered 7w 12v led bulbs.
    also ordered a battery charger.

thought of using the UPS, cause it simplier for the women in the house to use, just plug
    the light, flip a switch, its on. no clamping of alligator clips to the battery terminals to
    use the light or charge the battery.

any brand recommendations for 12v china made leds?
    the ones i ordered were unbranded.

-- edited by supergrover on Feb 27 2015, 07:33 AM
  • no clamping of alligator clips to the battery terminals to
    use the light or charge the battery.

well you can easily solder on something like this, replacing the alligator clips

External Image

female and male jacks, yung parang sa microphone
  • External Image

if the UPS has USB or you add a car usb charger then you could use this. there is some loss from the DC to DC to DC (12v to 5v to whatever the LED uses) transformers although most likely less than DC to AC to DC.

since each of these probably is 1w or less, you need more. And USB voltage being 5v you will have more losses if you use long cables compared to 12v

so mas maganda 12v LEd bulbs but keep this as a possible alternative

-- edited by AmalgamvsAloof on Feb 27 2015, 12:54 PM
  • ^ not available dito sa davao.

how about this one, will this be brighter than the one above?
    Mini Portable USB 3 LED SMD 5730
    External Image

-- edited by supergrover on Feb 27 2015, 02:13 PM
  • we dont know what and how many SMD LED emitters that cdrking usb bulb has so ewan

Who's Online

543 active users within the last minute, 280 members, 263 guests.
Our newest member is woodyse7
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys