Forum Topic

Lenovo G475 AMD Fusion

• mga sirs, sino na ba merong unit na to. I already had the chance to test 3 units of the eMachines D644 and it was good for day to day use pero the audio speakers is very weak. Malakas ba audio nito? Thanks.
  • guys,

anong speed ng memory nito? 1066 or 1333?

tpos yung screen, malinaw nman ba kahit hindi LED?

thanx guys!

-- edited by jcdilan on Jun 27 2011, 04:54 AM
  • @jcdilan

specs for the unit
    <click here for link>
  • this unit doesnt have realtek audio so no HDMI port and is also the reason why the audio is louder than zacate laptops with hdmi
  • guys,

anong speed ng memory nito? 1066 or 1333?

tpos yung screen, malinaw nman ba kahit hindi LED?

thanx guys!

FSB is 1066 but Lenovo installed 1333, i dont know why.
  • just an input
    if the installed ram has higher clock speed than what is specified as long as its ddr3 it will just down clock the speed.

and i guess because of its abundance and higher clock speed not to mention its pretty much cheap here im tpc.
    hehe.

just a thought guys.
  • benz, 1333 is more expensive but you will only use 1066. I know about the clock speed being downgraded to the speed of the FSB and most of the time its not a problem. My issue is there is RAM wasted.
  • ^ right jvgeli.
    my bad. more expensive right.
    maybe what im trying to say is, during reproduction of the model
    they only have ddr3 1333 or they could have anticipated a bios update that will enable
    it to maximize the installed RAM.

and you could be one of those people
    who has complaint on ram issue and in time they will
    turn things around.

and if you think this aint good for you then, you should just ignore this, man.

you\'re not compatible, for sure.
  • maybe what im trying to say is, during reproduction of the model
    they only have ddr3 1333 or they could have anticipated a bios update that will enable
    it to maximize the installed RAM.

Now this I do not agree with. For a computer company they do not have the hardware is simply not not an excuse. and for an anticipation of an FSB increase in a laptop is simply not foreseen as laptops have locked BIOS.

Anyway, I complained. Those guys even got my laptop configuration wrong, they insisted that i have an Athlon K10 CPU. I have an AMD e350 fusion but apparently thats not what they have on their database. Lenovo clearly does not know their product line up that well. Please see their reply:

\"Dear Jay,

Please be advise that we received the updated for the respective team.

Please be informed that the machine is running on AMD Ahtlon X3 E350.
    Based on this architecture by AMD/Intel the RAM will always follow the speed of the PCI Bus which is at 1066Mhz.

Your machine is installed with 2GB DDR3 1333Mhz Ram but it will not display due to the reason above.

Your machine support upgrades until 8GB DDR 1333Mhz Ram. However, as per the technical design above, it will still run at 1066Mhz whichever lower.

If you wish to upgrade your RAM, we are glad to assist on checking the price on your behalf from the authorised Service Center.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require further assistance.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Yours sincerely
    Max
    Lenovo Call Center
    Email : [email protected]
  • Please see my reply below:

\"So you are telling me that the ram installed is higher than what the system can actually take? Then why did Lenovo put 1333 in when it can only run on 1066? is this a mistake? 1333 is more expensive and yet some of that RAM cannot be used. The specification should be changed to 1066 and Lenovo has to be the one to replace it for me.

Moreover, it is not Athlon x3, its AMD Fusion E-350 dual core. Please get your specs right. \"

And their reply:

\"Dear Jay,

Thanks for your feedback.

Firstly, apologies for the processor information.

We have inform our colleagues on this discrepancy and will be more diligent in the future.

If you have further issues, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Yours sincerely
    Max
    Lenovo Call Center
    Email : [email protected]
  • Maybe they bought them by volume and the cost wouldn\'t have made much difference from the supply side. Who knows? I\'d be happy to get 1333 so I can swap them out later.
  • jackbow0w on July 26, 2011 02:19 AM

Maybe they bought them by volume and the cost wouldn\'t have made much difference from the supply side. Who knows? I\'d be happy to get 1333 so I can swap them out later.

That\'s just it. Most of the time these companies do whatever is convenient for them, but that should not be the case. The fact that they don\'t even know their own line tells me that some incompetent fool misread/mis-entered the data into Lenovo\'s database. Hey this is corporate world and mistakes like this should not happen.
  • Right! So lets spread the news and help other people here.
    jvgelli, so nice of you to post real feedback.
    LENOVO\'s are at fault, that\'s for sure.
    And the model could have cost less if 1066 ram was installed. A few bucks savings, it aint bad.
    Can\'t make a dime w/out a cent.
  • any differences with the g475, d644 and d443? I\'ve been drooling for these laptops and the only thing that hinders me is choosing which one.
  • wala ba talagang hdmi ito? sabi kasi sa specs meron?

Standard I/O Ports 2-in-1 card reader (SD, MMC)
    Three (3) USB 2.0 ports
    HDMI port with HDCP support
    External display (VGA) port
    Headphone/Speaker/Line-out jack
    Microphone-in jack
    Ethernet (RJ-45) port
    DC-in jack for AC adapter
  • @all

tanong ko lang po mga sir kung Stereo Sounds sya? or Mono?
  • @all

gandang hapon po..
    kakabili lang po namin nito kahapon..
    ask ko lang po bakit 1.60gb ang usable memory, pero may built in videocard naman ito na 6310 256mb..
  • @alvinsison84

shared memory pa rin po ata sa RAM ang HD6310 ng E350, Fusion Proc po kasi meaning Proc at GPU on 1 Chip, (not sure about this though) so feel free to correct me if im wrong >,< and matanong ko lang sir ok naman po ba yun sounds nya? Stereo output ba sya? tia! ^_^
  • The availability of 1066 DDR3 are now falling. It\'s understandable Lenovo, and even HP, Fujitsu, etc. used 1333 DDR3. Tingin ko ok lng sa akin un. At least pag may bago akong laptop na kaya ang 1333 MHz, pwde ko ilipat. Cheers!
  • shared memory pa rin po ata sa RAM ang HD6310 ng E350, Fusion Proc po kasi meaning Proc at GPU on 1 Chip, (not sure about this though) so feel free to correct me if im wrong >,< and matanong ko lang sir ok naman po ba yun sounds nya? Stereo output ba sya? tia! ^_^

ganun po ba! napansin ko po kasi yung sa HP DV6650ee may discrete din 8400M 256mb, pero hindi po nababawasan ang base memory at 2gb pa din po..

ok naman po un sound quality!

salamat po sa reply!^_^
  • @Armizael

Sir wala na ata naglalabas ng laptop na hindi stereo sound or i may be wrong. Regarding the mems issue, my G475 also have ddr3 1333. Mas ok pa nga kung ddr3 1600 nilagay nila para bumaba yung CAS latency so ok lang sakin na hindi ddr3 1066 sinalpak nila. Overspec should not be an issue as far as i\'m concerned
  • mga sir ask lng po kung pwde ba ang dragons nest sa lenovo amd e-300 with radeon (1.3ghz) 2gb ddr3 and 360hd

thank u po
  • mga sir/mam, wala poe akong alam sa computer eh.need ko poe ng help nyo about g475. may mga nakita ako DOS ang OS nya at ung iba n may kamahalan eh windows 7 starter ang OS eto poe ang tanong ko,ano poe b ang pinagkaiba ng dalawa? at kung yung DOS ang bibilhin ko paano sya magigiging windows 7? maraing salamat poe sa mag papalliwanag ng sagot sa tanong ko... :)
  • mga boss , bka may nag.sesell sa inyo ng upper and bottom case ng lenovo g475 ung good pa .. offer n lng po