Forum Topic

How much does it cost to get a CT scan or MRI?

• Hi guys, my mom\'s been having sudden memory loss lately and I\'m worried it might be caused by something serious. I wanna have her checked out by a doctor and get a CT scan or MRI. Anyone has an idea how much these test would cost? and can anyone suggest an affordable hospital? TIA!
  • iba-iba sir. may napagtanungan ako nun nasa 21k..yung sa kapatid ko may nahanap kami along e rodriguez nasa 7k lang. will check again kung saan exactly.

hope your mom\'s ok.
  • MRI ay mas mahal sa CT Scan...

MRI sa Cardinal Santos ay more than 20k

CT Scan ay below 10k

but that price was a few years ago...
  • at least meron kang 10K.....
  • Hi guys, my mom\'s been having sudden memory loss lately

ano na ba edad ni mommy???
  • @Batusai

Thanks sir I\'d greatly appreciate it if you can get back to me on that. =)

@extracool

Thanks for the info, il try to canvass in the nearby hospitals in our area.

@viper01

she\'s just in the mid 40s so im kinda worried, if she was older i\'d attribute it to old age. But she\'s too young to be getting memory loss due to age. Also, the one she had this week was sudden. She was fine a few minutes ago then suddenly she forgot what she was suppose to do and what she had been doing the whole morning and the night before. She was in a panic because she thought she was going crazy. I told her to sleep on it, and when she woke up her memory was still woozy but she did recover her memory the next morning.
  • @chingy

baka Alzheimer\'s disease yan kung gusto mo sa makati med meron sila dun out patient program kung saan may green card ka tapos 30% discount ka sa lab test tapos free ang doctors fee
  • sudden onset? baka stroke yan

see a neurologist ASAP!!
  • @emendozajr

Yeah thats one of the stuff im worried about. where can we get this green card?

@pcruztemp

That\'s also one of my worries, I asked her if she feld dizzy or out of balance since it\'s one of the symptoms, she said no she felt fine except that she can\'t remember.
  • Ako ang gumagawa ng procedure ng CTSCAN at MRI dito sa hospital na pinagtratrabahuhan ko.

Try mo muna CTSCAN.Price range depende sa hospital na pagpapagawan mo.

4000 to 5000 if conventional ctscan ang machine nila.
    6000 to 6500 if sa Digital/Spiral CTSCAN.

Much Prefer ko ang Digital/Spiral kasi mas mabilis gawin compare sa conventional.
  • @chingy

go to makati med tapos punta ka dept of out patient program fill up ka lng nung form dun may ask na requirments sila madali lng yung after that puwede mo na pa check up mom mo unlimited at puwede mo din gamitin yan kung need mo confine ang mom mo. yung sa akin dati sa anak ko umabot kami ng 120k sa hospital bills wala pa yung doctors fee ha more or less 160k yun nung may green card ako almost 50k lang ang binayaran ko dahil sa green card laking tulong tapos makatimed pa sure na maasikaso ka god bless and i will pray for your mother as well
  • @anaclet42

thanks! mind if I ask which hospital is your quoted price from?
  • @emendozajr

thanks sir I really really appreciate the help. =) will take your advice. =)
  • price depends upon sa anong nilagay ng doctor na klase ng ct scan

for me temporal bone ct scan ang tawag - 2500 sa pgh(kung outpatient ka); 6,100 (lourdes hospital); sa tapat ng pgh (5k)

me nakausap me patients sa pgh abdominal ct scan 6k sa pgh but would cost 12k sa labas.

pero they will have to schedule you in a months time

like me dec 7 nagbayad then jan 3 ang schedule sana ng ct scan but unfortunately sira daw ang part na mag ct scan sa temporal bone
  • I asked her if she feld dizzy or out of balance since it\'s one of the symptoms, she said no she felt fine except that she can\'t remember.

common misconception. strokes can be silent. strokes can have many many diff symptoms. Jsut because walang dizzy or out of balance does not rule that out

-- edited by pcruztemp on Jan 07 2011, 02:30 PM
  • @chingy

dito yan sa southern luzon.Ewan ko lang sa manila.pero alam ko hindi nagkakalayo kasi business din kasi ng mga hospital yan.Pero dun sa isa kong pinagtratrabahuhan dati, para syang St. lukes ng South Luzon ang name ay mary mediatrix medical center ay nasa 6,300.
  • BTW, Cranial CTCAN ang gagawin dyan either plain or with contrast depende sa request ng doctor, much better to consult it to a doctor first.
  • sa cardinal santos ang pinaka mura. mas accurate ang MRI kaysa sa CT scan. naala-ala ko tuloy yung daughter ko na nagkaroon ng \"stroke of the young\".... nirequest for CT scan at wala sila nakita kaya nirequest ng MRI.....ayun, duon nakita yung bara sa brain ...
  • @chingy: mas maganda po ay ma check up siya ng isang neurologist para malaman kung anong procedure ang dapat gawin. may iba\'t ibang klaseng CT scan at MRI po kasi merong cranial at merong kung may contrast or wala. my wife had 4+ CT scans already 2 MRIs and 1 angiogram. the doctor would tell you anong klase.

her first MRI was done in MakatiMed while the second which was just last year was done in UST Hospital, kung hindi ako nagkakamali it was a Cranial MRI with contrast nasa 10k+ po ito. fortunately all of these procedures was shouldered by our company health card. if you call the hospital they can tell you naman po kung how much kaya mas maganda alam po ninyo kung anong klaseng procedure ang gagawin so that they can give you the price.
  • sabi din pala ng mga doctors wag basta basta mag pa ct scan sa mga tabi tabi lang though it costs lesser than others.

medical city
    pgh
    manila doctors
    manila medical

ilan yan sa sinabi ng doctor ko kung san reliable ang mga results ng citiscan

by the way cranial ct scan costs 1,200 sa pgh if your a patient there.
  • @all

thanks for all the input guys, I really appreciate it. Yeah hopefully we can get her to a doctor this weekend, if its something serious (which i hope and pray isn\'t) then its good that we can identify it this early and with some luck manage a full recovery. She\'s not enrolled in any health insurance so I\'m hoping her philhealth would help shoulder some if not all the cost cuz we really can\'t afford to shoulder all the cost since I still have 2 siblings in college. I\'ll update you guys if anything comes up. Again, Thank you guys for all the info you provided. =)
  • @chingy

try asking for financial assistance sa local DSWD office in your place and they can probably shoulder some of the cost of the CTScan/MRI you may need. But of course, have her checked muna by a neurologist who will be the one to endorse her for CTScan/MRI. This is what I did when I had poblems before in my spine and needed MRI. I had MRI in Cardinal Santos and almost half of the cost was shouldered by DSWD since I don\'t have work then.
  • guys help nman.. san hospital po ba yng mura MRI. yng wife q kase na diagnose ng NEUROPATHY and kailngan nya MRI.. san po ba yng murang MRI.. need na kase.. thanks.
  • Guys ask lang po sna mga pwedeng gawin kung inatake ng kumbulsyon ang baby..bale yung baby ko mag 3 years na s march.mejo natakot ako kasi actulayy its his 5 times na kinumbulsyon...and ppde sya maging epileptic...wat po ba pdeng gwin habang nasa house pa kami at iantake sya??kumbaga first thing to do s kumbulsyon..help nmn guys..slmat
  • santa ana hospital.

libre ctscan
  • how much po kaya ang cranial mri with gadolinium,no sedation? yun po kc ang pinapagawa ng neurologist ng 5 yr old daughter ko, she experiencing severe headache w/ vomiting kc the past weeks..pls help..
  • how much po kaya ang cranial mri with gadolinium,no sedation? yun po kc ang pinapagawa ng neurologist ng 5 yr old daughter ko, she experiencing severe headache w/ vomiting kc the past weeks..pls help..from san fernando, pamp. po kme..im trying to call the 2 hospitals w/ mri here, the service was so poor..no one answers the phone...pls help..
  • sir bakit di nyo iluwas na ng manila? try nyo sa pgh. seryoso yang lagay ng anak mo.
  • Sa Asian hospital sa Alabang kung di ako nagkakamali nasa 12-13k yung binayaran ko that para sa ct scan ko.
    Sana ok si mother tol good luck po and God bless
  • sir sa VRP Mandaluyong along EDSA 8k yung nacharge saken pero covered sya ng HMO ko, sana maging OK na mom mo, pray lang po :)