User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

Sony NEX Official Thread (Maximum image size of 640 pixels only; 2 images per post only)

• @cyberjock
    Thanks a lot sir Jen! now i know. I (and probably most of the members of this forum) learned a lot from your knowledge and wisdom in photography! Hehe...
    Just another question sir, if you use a low aperture like f1.4-1.8 on a telephoto prime, would that focus the whole face? I haven'thad any telephoto primes yet so i cant test. With the 50mm kasi, when i use f1.8, only a part of the face or 1 eye is in focus... TIA!

@tech_works
    I usually convert my RAW files on LR5, then export as tiff file.
  • @iclaud8
    I tried to purchase at amazon US before, but the shipping fee was too expensive, so hindi ko na tinuloy. Na try ko sa ebay before, ok naman, item from HK, but you have to wait for a month for the item to arrive. At magbabayad ka sa post office ng tax.

-- edited by snowfish on Jul 27 2014, 07:38 PM
  • snowfish on July 27, 2014 07:05 PM
    @cyberjock
    Thanks a lot sir Jen! now i know. I (and probably most of the members of this forum) learned a lot from your knowledge and wisdom in photography! Hehe...
    Wahehe... just sharing what little i know boz

Just another question sir, if you use a low aperture like f1.4-1.8 on a telephoto prime, would that focus the whole face? I haven'thad any telephoto primes yet so i cant test. With the 50mm kasi, when i use f1.8, only a part of the face or 1 eye is in focus...
    Depende din sir sa distance mo from the subject and the focal length used ang DOF (in addition to the aperture size). Mas malapit, mas manipis. Mas mahaba, mas manipis. At 85mm f1.4 (frontal head shot), when the eyes are in focus, OOF na yung ears. That is a quite pleasing result naman :)

-- edited by cyberjock on Jul 27 2014, 10:19 PM
  • Naki-shot sa collection ng kabarkada ko.
    External Image

<click here for link>
    Sony ILCE-6000
    E PZ 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
    /3.5 | 16.0 mm | 1/60 | ISO 2000 | Flash (on, fired)
  • @cyberjock
    If the upcoming 100mm f2.8 zeiss from sony will be almost the same price as the fe 70-200f4, what would you choose? To compliment with the 50mm. Mainly be used for events, birthdays, baptism, family weddings, etc. Thx.
  • @sir cyberjock & sir snowfish

Thanks po!!
  • snowfish on July 28, 2014 10:26 PM
    @cyberjock
    If the upcoming 100mm f2.8 zeiss from sony will be almost the same price as the fe 70-200f4, what would you choose? To compliment with the 50mm. Mainly be used for events, birthdays, baptism, family weddings, etc. Thx.

I don't really cover events that much but basing on my experience with the the few I covered, here are my thoughts...

Depende sa light conditions and how freely you could move at the event venue. Critical kasi yung 1-stop advantage ng f2.8 kung low light conditions. In events where vital photo opportunities would be fleeting and candid shots are needed to show the emotions of the moment, I would go for the versatility of the 70-200f4 to complement the 50 (or better still a 24 or a 30, unless you don't expect to do group shots or full body shots like people dancing. Then a 50 would be ok). However, like i mentioned, you will be giving up 1-stop of light and would have to go up to ISO6400 or even 12800 to get the necessary shutter speed if the light is less than ideal. Not really a problem naman nowadays considering the excellent high ISO performance of today's sensors. Another thing to consider is you would probably give up a bit of IQ kasi iba talaga ang IQ ng primes as compared to zooms; but maybe not that much considering the 70-200f4 is a high-end zoom... but for events where most of your captures are expected to be posed, space to move around to compose wouldn't really be a challenge, and IQ is critically important, I'd say go for the primes and just prepare to do a lot of foot-zooming (magandang exercise yun :))... but that's just me sir; others would probably have a different preference. HTH ^.^
  • ^ hmm... I agree with you sir. IQ/aperture vs versatility/longer zoom... Well, the 100mm can do what a 70200 can (by foot-zooming as you mentioned, can have equiv 200mm), BUT, the 70200 cannot have a lower aperture (2.8) and the Zeiss IQ... We'll see... Hope mas mura pa ung 100mm. Thanks!
  • Comrades, saan po ba makakabili ng Sony a6000? I am from QC. And ano po ang mairerecommend ninyong pinakaaffordable na UWA lens for the a6000?
  • External Image

Happy Meal Shrek

If you like my shot, do share and follow me:
    Instagram: maxtrese
    Wordpress: http://maxtrese.wordpress.com/
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/maxtrese/

• valiance
    on July 30, 2014 01:20 PM
    Comrades, saan po ba makakabili ng Sony a6000? I am from QC.
    AVID Surfer at Rockwell (doon ako bumili :)) 36k cash; Sony 3yrs warranty

And ano po ang mairerecommend ninyong pinakaaffordable na UWA lens for the a6000?
    SEL16mm + UWA adapter (a preowned combo was sold recently for just 10k)
  • fLy13 on July 30, 2014 05:00 PM
    External Image

ganda nito bro! sharp and nice use of DOF. what lens did you use?
  • @cyberjock
    ganda nito bro! sharp and nice use of DOF. what lens did you use?

kung tama ang tanda ko sir, old vivitar lens po ang ginamit ko diyan. di ko na maalala exact name. ito po yun:
    External Image

Who's Online

984 active users within the last minute, 552 members, 432 guests.
Our newest member is kaigarcia123
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Items for Sale

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys