User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

New Globe MyFi Plans (Huawei E5830)

• External Image

More info here <click here for link>
  • sana unlockable yong modem. ayaw ko sa globe hehe or smart will launch also a 999 package with this modem.
  • Sa tingin ko di puwedeng maopenline yung ilalabas nila nyan. Ginagawa na nila sa tattoo usb stick, dyan for sure gagawin din nila. :D
  • cant wait for the unlocked versions
  • astig naman thanks for the info ts
  • @pcruztemp

may mga nagbebenta na dito nyang huawei e5830 dito sa tpc. mga unlocked na. mahal nga lang ng kaunti. hehe.
  • okay ba speed nito? speedtest results naman dyan. hehe
  • imo, same lang sa broadband stick ang speed. network dependent din. im using sun cellular postpaid with it.

*im using the openline version pala, not the globe unit.

-- edited by blu3tooth_ on Oct 26 2010, 02:04 PM
  • sa cdrking 1780 ang counterpart nila na 3G router. :)
  • Globe MyFi Price Drop

Promo Period: Sept 16 - November 30, 2010

Open to:
    All existing Tattoo Postpaid & Prepaid subscribers
    All new Tattoo Postpaid & Prepaid subscribers

MYFI Plans

What are the new plans for MyFi? What is the difference with the old plans?

The MyFi device was made available at an additional P250 per month to any Tattoo postpaid plan (choice of Plan 499 or Plan 999) last June 2010. It was also offered prepaid, at a one-time payment of P7000. In the case of postpaid, the device is issued in lieu of your usual Tattoo stick.

Starting September 16, 2010, the MyFi will be made even more affordable to both postpaid and prepaid subscribers. Get the MyFi device for a much lower additional fee at the following plans:

Tattoo Plan

Addt'l fee for MyFi before promo

Addt'l fee for MyFi NOW

Plan 499

250/month

149/month

Plan 999

250/month

99/month

Prepaid

7000 (one-time)

4000 (one-time)

Current Postpaid subscribers may also avail of the same rates, but instead of following their original lock-in period, would be subjected to a 'fresh' lock-in period of 24 months beginning from the date of availment. After 24 months, your monthly service fee will revert back to the original fee of your Tattoo data plan, and the additional fee for the MyFi device will no longer be charged.

Prepaid subscribers have no lock-in period.

Read More --> <click here for link>
  • sabi ng globe representative, you need to connect myfi to your laptop before you can have your other devices (ipad, iphone, etc) get connected.

Pero may mga nababasa ako online na hindi naman daw kelangan ng laptop to get your ipad connected.

Can someone please confirm this? And in that case, how will you connect your iPad to the internet using MyFi lang? Thanks so much guys!
  • Huawei has announced that they’ll be shipping the new E5 “Pocket MiFi” to the Philippines this month. E5 is the next gen of Globe’s MyFi (only that it’s open-line). They have the same weight and size but the main difference is that the E5 now has a screen to show the signal strength, if you’re connected and the battery meter.

<click here for link>

open line, 6000 pesos, will be available soon. Kung open line, it might be sold directly from retail stores, not through the telcos??? ewan ha?

picutre comparing new and old model

External Image
  • Hey i just got mine, Here's my speedtest today

Time: 6:00am
    Date: Nov 17, 2010

External Image
  • If you have a phone that's wifi & 3G capable, just install this software on your phone.

http://web.portal.globe.com.ph/globe/pmsdata.html?1469928069:target=globeweb/main/infoDld_comnt.html&catg=AppZone&name=FA000000093

Instant wifi.
  • Huawei E5830 openline units are available in a major gilmore store for 5700 pesos
  • i am planning to subscribe to globe myfi.

im using my nokia C5-00 as a phone-modem, pero kawawa ung phone pag nag unli ka or araw araw mo gagamitin. burst speed is 768 -1mbps.
  • So, has anyone confirmed if the SIM works on a B933 unit?
  • wow..lupet naman neto..
  • GUYS,I have successfuly unlocked my Globe MyFi and now enjoying a faster speed with SunBroadband. You may use Smatbro or PLDT weroam sim if you like.

if youre interested ,contact me at 09178038342... I will charge only 700pesos..i usually charge a thousand but i figured out, thats too high.

Im using a Huawei e5832 from Globe Telecoms ,globe prepaid myfi router....

I can also unlock e5830...

You may come to my office mon to fri 9:00am to 6:00pm...contact me first though.
  • No selling here please!
  • mabilis po ba ang globe myfi? wala naman po bang problem sa connection? thanks :)
  • can i leave the E5830 plugged-in(charging) even though the battery is full already?
  • may daily download limit po ba?
  • $68.20, free shipping. hmm, ok ang price.

External Image

External Image

Model: HuaXun E6
    - Color: White + silver
    - Material: Plastic
    - Converts 3G to WiFi
    - Supports HSUPA/HSDPA/UMTS: 2100MHz; EDGE/GPRS/GSM:850/900/1800/1900MHz
    - IEEE 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi/WLAN/Wireless network compliant
    - Supports up to 5 WiFi users at the same time
    - Up to 150Mbps transmission speed
    - Supports DD-WRT