User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

Cracking Open Motorola Wimax CPEi 25725

• Bored and having nothing much to do, I set my eyes on my Motorola CPE1 25727 which I got from wi-tribe.

I paused for a moment and thought I would break the warranty, but what the heck, my curiosity is much greater than the fera of having to break the warranty.

Got my set of small torx drivers and started to tinker on what could be found inside the glossy small rectangular box.

External Image

Our area is not yet (officially) covered by their service and so I had to do with the residual signal which at time may or may not reach the device. And since the modem is basically a radio device, and like some USB "plug-its" I thought it may have some ready ports for external antenna connections.

So I started removing the four screws found on the sides near the base of the device, removed sticker covers. It gets a little challenging as the device has lock tabs placed conveniently at the sides to keep the cover together and are hard to release. The cover suffered very minor scratches at the start but I managed to remove the cover with it not having any obvious damage.
  • Some pics.

on the left is the modem board and on the right is half of the cover.
    External Image

this one with the cover turned
    External Image
  • some more pics.

External Image

back of the board
    External Image
  • connectors for external antenna.
    External Image

power, tel, and LAN ports.
    External Image

(edit) the red circles indicating the connectors are not very obvious. sensya na po, phone cam lang nagamit ko.

-- edited by knowism on Apr 24 2010, 12:11 PM
  • kapag hindi na lock or na delete tong topic na 'ito, post ko results ng signal pag nakabitan ko na ng external antennas.
  • mag ingat ka, wala ng warranty yan
  • @nurbs :
    haha, tapang nya puh... XD

@knowism
    sir, p update po ako sa signal nya..
  • So pede solder dun ang external antenna cable?
    Heheheh pagnilagyan mo ng aerial antenna parang 4G Canopy; At least malakas signal. :)
  • wow very informative ito sir goodluck po sa expirement nyo sana maging successful.
  • yung connectors ba for external antena e dapat isolder pa???
  • Kung sa GUI mo ay merong Voip at Sip password, gudluck tel. Sa globe kasi merong dial tone pero may sip password so hindi prin maka reg.
  • Yung connectors nya mga sir katulad lang nung makikita sa cellphone at sa USB broadband "plug-its"

would probably use one of these
    External Image

im am in no way connected with the store. it's just that i was able to find the antenna i was looking for in this store.
  • meron pa akong external antenna na parang box na white e... came from globe... pwede kaya yun?
  • me picture ka sir?
  • meron akong ganyang external antenna....
  • binebenta mo ba sir? how much?
  • diba kahit na 5-4bar light ang makuha mo still dipende parin ito sa cap nila. dito kc sa location ko 5-4bar light ang madalas nakukuha ko pero pagnaubos ko na ung sinasabi nilang 6GB babagal na ung net.
  • tama ka sir. ganun nga.
  • meron bang add on software para dito para mablock yung website?
  • tanung ko lang kung sinu nakaka alam dito kung panu ireconect yung ganitong modem ng wi tribe
  • ^ ayan na sila
  • bkit po hehehehe :) san my nakaka alam patulong naman

Who's Online

325 active users within the last minute, 166 members, 159 guests.
Our newest member is recawwyws
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Items for Sale

New Want to Buys

Active Want to Buys