User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

The official USB 3.0 thread

• ^
    Ah ganun ba sir hehe kala ko makukuha ko speed ng 3.0. Mga magkano po ba yun ganun para mapalitan na yun 2.0 namin?
  • @cruzivan7

Ah ganun ba sir hehe kala ko makukuha ko speed ng 3.0. Mga magkano po ba yun ganun para mapalitan na yun 2.0 namin?

Less than Php1k. Just make sure na tama yung kukunin mo (PCI or PCI-E), depende sa available expansion slot/s ng mobo.
  • ^
    Ah thanks sir, tingin nalang ako sa gilmore this sahod siguro.
  • I'm pretty fed up with wasting my money buying slow flash drives. Most flash drives have class 4 speeds (similar to a class 4 SD card i.e. 4 MB/s write speed). Its so boring waiting for gigs of data to be written onto the drive

With sd cards the class is labeled but with flash drives there is no label. you have to google for reviews and who knows if the product available in the phils is exactly the same as in the reviews

so I'm thinking of only buying usb 3.0 flash drives. I'm guessing that even with a USB 2.0 computer usb 3.0 flash drives would be faster, hopefully getting class 10 or better speeds because the manufacturers wont use slower flash ram inside. Am I right?

-- edited by BigHouseOnGeidiPrime on Aug 29 2014, 10:22 AM
  • @BigHouseOnGeidiPrime

so I'm thinking of only buying usb 3.0 flash drives. I'm guessing that even with a USB 2.0 computer usb 3.0 flash drives would be faster, hopefully getting class 10 or better speeds because the manufacturers wont use slower flash ram inside. Am I right?

10MB/s sequential write speed (on a USB 2.0 port) is actually pretty easy to achieve for most decent USB 3.0 flash drives. In my experience, you can expect somewhere around 75-80% of the rated write speed (provided that it's below the USB 2.0 theoretical ceiling of 60MB/s).

I regularly see around 14-15MB/s writes with my wife's USB 3.0 flash drive (Lexar S73 16GB). I haven't tried using my SanDisk Extreme 32GB on a USB 2.0 port yet, will try it out tonight when I get home and post the results here. :-)
  • @BigHouseOnGeidiPrime

SanDisk Extreme 32GB on USB 2.0 port (Intel H87 chipset), CrystalDiskMark and real-world file transfer speed (single 3.6GB file):

External Image

External Image

-- edited by Helly on Aug 29 2014, 08:41 PM

Who's Online

208 active users within the last minute, 107 members, 101 guests.
Our newest member is ljdedseyroubd
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys