Forum Topic

HP Elitebook

• Any elitebook owners here?

Just bought me an EliteBook 6930p P8600.
  • Not an owner but using a company issued 6930p as well.
  • how much is your 6930p?
  • using hp 8440p
  • got 2740p

any other users here? :-)
  • Sure, got 6930p, 2540p, 8440p and 8460p.

-- edited by seismic on Nov 08 2011, 07:43 PM
  • Is it possible to run dual external monitors on the 8460p ? I notice there\'s a displayport and DVI connector on the dock. I don\'t have a dock yet but saw it on the online manual. Thinking of getting one if this setup is possible.
  • Is there a way to downgrade the BIOS firmware? I got the latest F.25 version but I wanna go back to an older version.

Reason is: with BIOS F.25 we lost SATA III. The drive interface went down to SATA II. Not really an issue if your drive is SATA II. The Intel 320 SSD supplied with the 8460p is only SATA II anyway. But I just got a Crucial M4 for my 2560p and benchmarks are showing SATA II speeds. After looking it up in other forums I found that HP has removed BIOS F.25 from their website and now the \"latest\" version online is F.22.

I think they screwed up F.25 so they removed it from the site. But now my lappy is using the F.25 bios and the bios update for version F.22 says you can\'t go back to a lower version from your current version.
  • Answering my own questions: >:-P

Is it possible to run dual external monitors on the 8460p ?

Yes, if one is on VGA and the other is on Displayport. Not worth it for me since the video quality on VGA cable isn\'t as good.

Is there a way to downgrade the BIOS firmware?

I was able to downgrade my 2560p to F.22 but SATA III is still not available.

On the 8460p, I was able to downgrade to F.20. I still have to check if SATA III is back. Need to install my Crucial SSD on my 8460p.

------------------------------------------

On another note, I was able to do a clean install of Win7 Professional on my SSD while keeping the OEM license intact. My disk usage after all the drivers were installed is less than 10GB. Mas maluwag minus all the bloatware. I wish I knew how to do this before I clobbered the recovery partition on my HDD, but I guess there\'s consolation in knowing how to install from scratch without needing the recovery partition. Sayang din kasi yun space na kinain nung recovery & tools partition. I think it was taking up 20GB of space on my drive.

-- edited by jackbow0w on Jun 06 2012, 01:27 PM
  • On the 8460p, I was able to downgrade to F.20. I still have to check if SATA III is back. Need to install my Crucial SSD on my 8460p.

Success!! Finally got SATA III speed on Elitebook 8460p with Crucial M4 SSD. Yehey!!
  • I was able to downgrade my 2560p to F.22 but SATA III is still not available.

I downgraded again from F.22 to F.21 and now I\'m getting SATA III speeds.

Before, I was getting Seq 260+ MB/s read. Now it\'s 498 MB/s. Success again!!
  • mine is HP elitebook 2530P running on FreeBSD 10
  • We need to revive this thread!

Maganda yung mga Elitebooks (at Probooks) kasi very upgradable sila, at madali ang mga software tweaks. Dahil nagmumura na yung mga Elitebooks, siguro naman mas marami nang bibili nito.

I\'m using an Elitebook 2570P (12.5\") and have managed a few upgrades.

CPU: Stock Intel i5 3320M 2.6Ghz Dual Core -> Will change to Intel i7 3840QM 2.8Ghz Quad Core
    RAM: Crucial 16Gb 1600Mhz DDR3L
    STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 500Gb SSD + Seagate 7200rpm 750GB HDD (planning to get a second SSD for Raid-0)
    WiFi: Broadcom BCM4352 WiFi ac for WiDi and OS cross compatibility

and the secret weapon:
    External GPU: Nvidia GTX460 + PE4L 2.1b adapter + 450W PSU (Will change the GPU to a GTX880 when cash is available)

Once upgrades are all done, this will be a very power efficient rig that is also built for hardcore, heavy gaming!

With battery tweaks, you can reach 5-6 hours on stock battery. But I\'m planning to get a 9-cell battery so that I can extend it to 8 hours!

The eGPU that is attached to the Expresscard slot provides the ultimate boost in graphics. Because the CPU is 3.8Ghz Turbo Boosted, and the GPU is a top-of-the line GTX880 graphics card, you can easily game at 4K-resolution via the Display Port. Absolute Beast!

Oo nga pala, Hackintosh din siya kasi pwedeng mag-Dual Boot to OSX (Hackintosh) in just a few easy steps!

:thumbsup:

-- edited by Mediastinum on Aug 15 2014, 03:44 AM

-- edited by Mediastinum on Aug 16 2014, 03:20 AM
  • @Mediastinum
    sir san mo nascore ung PE4L 2.1b adapter?