>

User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

MSI Gaming Laptops | Portable Gamers Den & Performance Lounge (Image size at 640 x 480 Max)

• @all, guys? what is the best msi gaming laptop with the price range of 50k to 60k?
  • @all, guys? what is the best msi gaming laptop with the price range of 50k to 60k?

Buy yourself a gaming laptop outside PH if you want to have a bang for the buck gaming nb. malaki patong nang mga sellers dito nang nb especially the high end laptops... upside of that is that msi covers the warranty. downside of it is that they will cover lots of stickers for your laptop (and if you tampered it, void warranty) plus its expensive here.
  • @amd thanks for the advise, but aside from states do you know any place were you can buy a gaming laptop? or any person who sell brandnew laptop for a slight less price than the SRP?

-- edited by MaccDroid on Oct 16 2014, 08:28 AM
  • hmm

try checking this forum in TPC

- Clevo NP8130/P151hm and NP8150/P150hm unified thread.

this might be helpful to you since tpcer's there purchase their laptops from different merchants...

Else just search here under "Search TipidPC". select "Items for sale" then type a gaming rig model that you want.. Sellers will appear!!! ^^
  • @amd yeah but laptopmaestro always comes out...
  • Honestly, I don't see how that is remarkable or how it could be a problem.
  • Re: OMG: MSI is coming with a GTX 980M SLI notebook!!!

980m 970m 880m 870m and 780m use the same vbios boot flag (same memory location) so that does make the older GT60's upgradeable. The only problem is getting a compatible heatsink as the new cards have some SMDs shifted around. Card availability is a bit scarse right now, better wait for around december/january

<click here for link>

Ahaha!!! upgrade itch!!! cant resist!!!! Lol

-- edited by amd on Oct 21 2014, 03:20 PM
  • Sir amd:

Wow. Exact same boot flags? I hope my GT70 is 780M compatible -- that would make for a great upgrade chain up to 980M. :) January is a good ways off, so there's a lot of time to save.

But geezus, those scores: <click here for link>

MSI must be taking the fight to Alienware. Practically mano a mano if that's for an 18-incher.
  • OO nga Nelko... btw.. I updated my bios to the latest one.. given to me by one MSI engineer. 51X bios plus T18 firmware.. para PNP na yung bagong mxm board ... This bios is generic to GT60/70 nb..

Tara ipon mode na!!!! hehehe.. Nga pala me sinabi ka sakin na me mag bibigti na naka dominator pag compatible ang 980/970m sa GT60/70.. baka matuloy na nya yun. LOL

saka meron na 18 inch laptop na rin soon ang MSI (SLI mode din)... pero masaya nako sa 15 inch with beastly gpu ^^.. Hanap ka lang nang link kung meron na gpu heatsink na mod or kung me bagong heatsink for our nb

-- edited by amd on Oct 21 2014, 03:51 PM
  • But they say the cards (and kits) will probably arrive in January, so maybe the modified assemblies might come after?

You think that modified BIOS could work for a GT70 0NE DE? Or do I have to look for another one specific to my model? Also, I might need a better EC firmware...

Yes, a Dominator Pro somewhere is sentenced to oblivion, making way for a 980M-powered GT60.

I wonder if the MS-1812 will be based on the GT72 or a completely different spec altogether.
  • google search mo yung "51x bios for GT70" lalabas yun.. Btw.. yung mga naka GT70 na nakakuha nang 780m nag udpate nang 51x bios, ayun PNP yung GPU at ang saya saya nila lol....

Balitaan mo ko ha pag me nakita ka kagad na heatsink... priority ko is the heatsink muna hehe

-- edited by amd on Oct 21 2014, 03:58 PM
  • Will do, Sir.

I think I should get a custom EC firmware from Sven? Or I could just settle for the default Beta Win8 EC?
  • 51X bios also have ec T18 firmware.. ask Svet to unlock it for you, once you get the file.. hehe
  • Oh yeah, Svet. Sorry about that. Thanks a bunch! :)
  • Or I could just settle for the default Beta Win8 EC?

51x bios is win7/win8 compliant thru bios... read mo nelko sa forums dun hehehe

T18 Firmware is win7/win8 compliant too.

-- edited by amd on Oct 21 2014, 04:35 PM
  • grabe kayooo. hahaha if 980M is indeed compatible with GT60, I'm sure that not even a heat sink issue will stop amd. hahaha
  • grabe kayooo. hahaha if 980M is indeed compatible with GT60, I'm sure that not even a heat sink issue will stop amd. hahaha

Dont blame me paps. blame the international forums lol
  • Nelko,

para sayo brad. Hehehe

ms-1762 trouble upgrading 780

Well I went ahead and flashed the 16f3 51x BIOS and it actually worked! I haven't had any issues at all since and my graphics card is working 100%. I ran a few Furmarks and did some heavy gaming to stress everything out and everything seems to be fine so far. Touch buttons and USB ports all still work. Just want to say that everything worked for me, but I'm not sure if it would work for everybody.

Thanks likezero!

<click here for link>

-- edited by amd on Oct 22 2014, 07:54 AM
  • Roger wilco! My GT70 is back in the Philippines, so I can't do much with it yet.
  • My GT70 is back in the Philippines, so I can't do much with it yet

Sa akin na muna paps. ako na magkalikot nyan for the mean time hehe
  • Sir amd:

Sa akin na muna paps. ako na magkalikot nyan for the mean time hehe

Haha! It might end up being a finely-tuned beast in your care, Sir. It's all good, though.

My family takes care of the GT70 for me in my absence. It's crazy that some of my notebooks require babysitting from time to time.
  • @all, who among you here have tried purchasing at beneight store?
  • Mac

Much better if you contact them first.. I think they buy it for you with their affiliates (merchant) overseas then ship it to Philippines.... Who knows laptopmaestro is the man behind that store? lol

Kontakin mo muna paps hehe
  • @amd i dont think so man,., maestro is a private seller. beneight have an official store in quiapo .
  • Mga paps saan ba website pwede mag upload nang pic? me bayad na imageshack eh.. salamat

Who's Online

1400 active users within the last minute, 581 members, 819 guests.
Our newest member is nyxx_x1
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys