>

User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

MSI Gaming Laptops | Portable Gamers Den & Performance Lounge (Image size at 640 x 480 Max)

• mga paps ... sino meron dito Dremel. patulong naman kung merong dremel dito salamat.
  • kelan kaya labas nung MSI GS70 Stealth Pro-086 d2 sa pinas? ang bangis eh
  • @kneewnnabe Try going to SM North Annex. You'll find what you're looking for, just ask around. Naka GTX900 series cards na mga lappy sa specific shop na yun. Kaya lang kaylangan mo talaga sya itanung wala sa display yun
  • @kneewnnabe Try going to SM North Annex. You'll find what you're looking for, just ask around. Naka GTX900 series cards na mga lappy sa specific shop na yun. Kaya lang kaylangan mo talaga sya itanung wala sa display yun

Ty sa info paps!
  • Kaya lang kaylangan mo talaga sya itanung wala sa display yun

Good advice.

When it comes to new stock, it's always a good idea to ask. There's only so much display space available, and retail stores are equally concerned over their old stock as well as the new.
  • question lang... tuwing kailan recommended palitan ang termal paste ng MSI laptop?
  • francis_ross_alejandro:

Every six months at the most. General rule for all notebooks.
  • Sir amd:

mga paps ... sino meron dito Dremel. patulong naman kung merong dremel dito salamat.

O.o

You found a custom assembly? Or are you making the modifications yourself?

I just saw the Clevo MXMs yesterday and, if the past history of these two manufacturers are any indication, they're supposed to be 100% compatible with MSI MXMs.
  • You found a custom assembly? Or are you making the modifications yourself?

I just saw the Clevo MXMs yesterday and, if the past history of these two manufacturers are any indication, they're supposed to be 100% compatible with MSI MXMs.

I am going to modify a gpu heatsink. I am a little bit busy with the international forums as my friends there already have and is running their 16f3/16f4 with a 980/970m... Even a 16f2 (sandy bridge) nb is working with a 970m.

I Ordered a 970m clevo (980m always out of stock) and by December I'll assemble it together with the modded Heatsink. Just flatten a portion of it, kaya I need a dremel or someone who offer's service to laser cut or cut/flatten a particular area on the heatsink.. Else I'll buy a dremel soon. :)

-- edited by amd on Nov 24 2014, 04:55 PM
  • Proof that older gt nb's is compatible with a 980/970m gpus.. And these are the following models:

MS-1761 - MSI GT780 / GT783DX
    MS-16F1
    MS-16F2

<click here for link>

just register there to see the picture and google translate it

-- edited by amd on Nov 25 2014, 08:06 PM
  • Sir amd:

So I guess it goes without saying that the 1762 also can take the 970M. I haven't seen the layout of the 980M, though. I wonder if it requires the dremel mod as well.

I really got to hand it to Clevo and MSI. Even 2 generations onward, you can still make your notebook relevant.

And thanks to the way performance notebooks are going with their adoption of the H variant CPUs, even a GT60 can be a close competitor when backed by an XM CPU.

Which is probably why when I get home I should seek to upgrade mine to an XM as well. Sadly, I'm torn between doing that and buying a GT70 Haswell with a 970M already installed.
  • Sadly, I'm torn between doing that and buying a GT70 Haswell with a 970M already installed.

It 's up to you to decide weather to buy a new model or upgrade your nb because there's a new gpu by nvidia. But for enthusiast like me, I prefer to venture out the full potential of my nb because it is a GT model which means everything is upgreadeable. Compared to a nb which most of the parts is soldered to the motherboard and is delicate except the ram and cpu, then that kills the part of being an enthusiast.

Then after several months a new gpu is in town again, then there's this urge to say that "I want a new one".
  • Sir amd:

True that. Part of the appeal of the older GT models. Sadly that's not the case beyond the 16f3 / 1762 anymore.

I will upgrade the 0NE definitely, little by little. All I am thinking of is what to do first. I hope to have the last Haswell GT70 SKU before it eventually phases out.

I'm already considering not buying one until Windows 10 comes out, or until I hear that stock is about to dry up.
  • I hope to have the last Haswell GT70 SKU before it eventually phases out.

get it while supply last. But if that's the case, I am going to get myself a clevo then when windows 10 appears. Hehe

Who's Online

1019 active users within the last minute, 552 members, 467 guests.
Our newest member is cheers963
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys