>

User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

MSI Gaming Laptops | Portable Gamers Den & Performance Lounge (Image size at 640 x 480 Max)

• My 2nd run on Firestrike

External Image

External Image

-- edited by amd on Dec 05 2014, 07:00 PM
  • dahwan:

magkano kaya bayad

I can't remember precisely if its 500 or 750 bucks. It would be advisable to bring your own thermal paste so you're sure of the quality of the paste used.

san ba authorize msi service center.?

ServiceDeck. First floor, 173 CSP Building. Along EDSA. After POEA but before MRT Ortigas Station.
  • how to check temp of cpu and gpu? newbie here. TIA :D
  • bargainman:

Well, there's a lot of freeware out there that could do that for you:

- Speccy
    - Speedfan
    - HWiNFO

You could even use MSI utilities such as Afterburner and Command Center.

If you use AMD components, Overdrive can also help with temperature monitoring.
  • @Nelko

im using MSI GE series. its getting hot while im playing. btw tnx for the reply :)

-- edited by bargainman on Dec 09 2014, 02:22 PM
  • bargainman:

Has the thermal paste of the unit been changed since it was purchased? MSI doesn't use high quality paste and sometimes the thermal paste is applied incorrectly (either too thick or too thin).

It helps to get an after-market paste and have the paste re-applied by a service center or do the re-application yourself.

It would also help to keep ambient temperatures less than 30 degrees Celsius (and with low relative humidity) if you want to increase the heat transfer rate of the air being sucked into the chassis.

And you're welcome.
  • Nelko:

sir what would be the best thermal paste i could use? and where service center i can go? i live here near in megamall.
  • bargainman:

Popular choices are IC Diamond 7 and Arctic Silver 5.

If you're close to Megamall, you're close to ServiceDeck. I believe they charge 500 for a re-application of paste, but I think this also includes basic internal cleaning.

The center's address is published right before your post.
  • Well, I guess it's official: the days of the PGA mobile CPU for mainstream notebooks are ending with Broadwell.

It's definitely time to to grab GT60 / GT70 Haswell M SKUs while they are still available. They'll be the last upgradable SKUs on the planet come 2015.

Everything from Broadwell onwards will be BGA. The Ultrabook spec is here to stay.
  • My 3rd run on firestrike

External Image

:)

-- edited by onlinesellerph on Dec 17 2014, 04:00 PM
  • Sorry, onlinesellerph. Advertising and selling is not allowed in the forums.
  • Sorry. gonna delete it ASAP :)

Who's Online

655 active users within the last minute, 350 members, 305 guests.
Our newest member is carions09
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys