User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

EDIMAX BR-6226n feedback and reviews

• For further Support you may contact Edimax I-Care Program
    Hotline: 412-EDMX (4123369) or 7276449 loc.111
    YM:edimax_tech@yahoo.com

Address: no.35 1st street new manila quezon city
  • I visited Edimax.ru and found firmware v1.26 there which dates from 2010-11-10 and to my great relief this update solved the problem - for over 24 hours the router runs smoothly now! Here is the BR-6226n support page in Russian with clear download links at the bottom of the page: http://www.edimax.ru/ru/support_detail.php?pl1_idSelect=support.php%3Fpl1_id%3D3%26mwsp%3D1&pl1_id=3&pd_id=286&button=Go
  • good morning sir, ask ko lang po regarding sa edimax br6226n ko. 20 months na po sya 24/7 nakabukas. tapos yesterday po hindi na umiilaw ung WAN. un POWER at WIFI nalang po nakaon. I tried to reset ung settings for about 20 seconds but still ineffective. di po kaya bumigay na ung wifi- router? thanks!

• #

mista89 Send Message View User Items on September 18, 2011 09:40 AM
    I visited Edimax.ru and found firmware v1.26 there which dates from 2010-11-10 and to my great relief this update solved the problem - for over 24 hours the router runs smoothly now! Here is the BR-6226n support page in Russian with clear download links at the bottom of the page: http://www.edimax.ru/ru/support_detail.php?pl1_idSelect=support.php%3Fpl1_id%3D3%26mwsp%3D1&pl1_id=3&pd_id=286&button=Go

Goodjob sir ^_^ thanks for the infomation.
    yung iba po na user maari din po try ang ginawa ni mista89.

Jabar44,

Sir, please, contact Edimax i-Care Philippines, para magawaan po ng paraan :-)
    Hotline: 412-EDMX (4123369) or 7276449 loc.203

Thanks
  • @nontypikal

Sir, nagtroubleshoot ulit ako. nagpapunta ako ng smart bro technical team dito sa bahay. and we found out na sira na ung board chips ng smarbro connected between canopy and LAN connection basa po ung loob malamang pinasukan ng tubig nung umulan..

regarding po sa wifi router br 6226n nakaopen 24/7 mag2years na is still in very good condition.. I already sent a pm from edimax tech team na di na need palitan kasi wala po sira ung router ntn.. and its working very well right now. thanks sir sa mabilis na pagreply sa mga concerns ko^^

• regarding po sa wifi router br 6226n nakaopen 24/7 mag2years na is still in very good condition.. I already sent a pm from edimax tech team na di na need palitan kasi wala po sira ung router ntn.. and its working very well right now. thanks sir sa mabilis na pagreply sa mga concerns ko^^

Good job po sir ^_^

no problem, your welcome.

Thank you
  • Hello mga sir, I have a problem with this router. Everything is ok naman at first start then pirme na lang nagdidisconnect sya after 30-40mins. baka may known issues na din dito dati na naresolve na. or perhaps meron na nakaencounter nito pashare naman ng troubleshooting steps.

Tried firmware 1.19 and 1.26 na pero ganun pa din sya. Help naman sir sa mga nakakaalam ng husto sa networking. TIA!

Note: PMed nontypikal

-- edited by OWENMEISTER on Dec 15 2011, 02:12 AM
  • Hi Sir,

If you're using Prolink modem possible your network is double NAT setup. because your prolink is modem/router mode.
    that's why the internet is disconnected every 30mins.

please follow these steps, & you need to configure the Edimax router to full access point.

1: Change the Edimax Router deafault IP Address from 192.168.2.1 and used the Highest IP Address based outside your Prolink DHCP server IP Range.
    2: And Disable DHCP Server of Edimax router--->and click Apply--->Apply. and wait for automatic restart to take effect the settings.
    3: Then Connect your Prolink to any LAN port of Edimax router LAN to LAN connections, Not on WAN.
    4: Wait for 2~3minutes for internet connections. if no internet. power Off the modem and router then power ON again.
    5: Finish. and Observe if internet is disconnected again after 30 mins.

Thank you

For further Support you may contact Edimax I-Care Program
  • please follow these steps, & you need to configure the Edimax router to full access point.

1: Change the Edimax Router deafault IP Address from 192.168.2.1 and used the Highest IP Address based outside your Prolink DHCP server IP Range.
    2: And Disable DHCP Server of Edimax router--->and click Apply--->Apply. and wait for automatic restart to take effect the settings.
    3: Then Connect your Prolink to any LAN port of Edimax router LAN to LAN connections, Not on WAN.
    4: Wait for 2~3minutes for internet connections. if no internet. power Off the modem and router then power ON again.
    5: Finish. and Observe if internet is disconnected again after 30 mins.

followed this steps and your YM instructions sir nontypikal, and it is working fine right now without being disconnected after 30-40mins. Thanks po sir! :) Have a great day!
  • Hi to all,

I've been using my edimax br-6428ns for 2 months only with my ipod touch. But when my sister tried to access the Wifi using samsung galaxy ace she couldnt connect but she can detect my wifi. And also in my wife's new laptop. Nadedetect naman nya but cannot connect. Can anyone help me with my problem?

Thank you in advance..

-- edited by washburns on Dec 21 2011, 11:12 PM
  • Sir problem ko sa model br-6428ns,di ko ma map ung ibang hardisk sa network,humihingi sya ng PIN code at password.wala naman akong makitang PIN code sa router.Windows 7 pala ang OS ko.

thanks
  • @washburns
    @ydlazatp

Please follow the forum thread for BR-6428ns. just go here:<click here for link>

Thank you
  • sir nontypikal
    ask ko lang kung bakit diko ma access ma click tong mga to?

External Image

di ko tuloy ma palitan ssid tsaka malagyan ng password router ko. salamat po sa sasagot

problem solve:D

-- edited by twicey on Dec 31 2011, 08:55 AM
  • Twicey,

Just delete your browsing history and cookies on your web browser. otherwise you can restar6t/hard reset the router. thanks

Happy new year
  • sir madali lang ba iset-up ito sa pldt dsl...TIA
  • GenxiV,

yes sir Madali lang po, just follow the instructions and connect.

Thank you
  • hi nontypikal, having problem with my br-6226n.. i was connected via wifi kanina, then biglang nawala..

-tried resetting both modem and router
    -tried reverting back to factory settings (no security settings)
    -upgrading firmware to 1.26 from edimax.ru
    -tried hard reset as well

pero wala pa den.. i can see my SSID but when i tried connecting ayaw tumuloy..

connecting via lan does work, wifi lang issue.. been using the router for 2-3yrs na i think.. now lang naencounter tong problem..

any suggestions? thanks!
  • @zalvaje,

Please, Change your firmware version to V1.19 and hard reset the router just press the reset button at the back for 30seconds.
    then switch the Wireless button at the back to OFF then ON and wait for a awhile, and connect using wireless connection.
    pag ayaw parin po, gamit po kayo ibang wireless device like: phone or ibang laptop.

Thank you
  • Guys! Ano kaya problem sa router ko na br 6226n, power lang ang may ilaw the rest wala na? Tnx!
  • Buknoyzki,

Please contact Edimax iCare Philippines iCare

Thankyou
  • Dear Community,

This is some great tips and advice from http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk
    on "Fix Your Wi-Fi Network: 7 Tips" -- Source from here<click here for link>

*Fix Your Wi-Fi Network: 7 Tips
    A quick guide to fixing the most common Wi-Fi problems that crop up at home, in the office, or on the road.

Read more: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/network-wifi/3375286/fix-your-wi-fi-network-7-tips/#ixzz24zcpyQs7
    By Eric Geier | PC World | 10 August 12

Wireless Internet networks afford us the luxury of browsing the Web cable-free, but a connection that relies on radio waves is subject to failure due to interference, signal range limits, hardware problems, and operator error. With that in mind, we've put together a quick guide to the most common Wi-Fi troubles and how to fix them.

If you're struggling with your Wi-Fi network at home or in the office, read on to discover a few different ways to troubleshoot your Wi-Fi woes and restore your wireless network.

*Check Your Laptop for a Wi-Fi Button or Switch

Having trouble connecting to Wi-Fi in your favorite coffee shop or airport lounge? The problem might be right under your fingertips. If your laptop or netbook isn't connecting to a local wireless router at all and you can't view a list of nearby wireless networks, check to see if your laptop has a Wi-Fi button or switch that you may have pressed accidently. Many laptops include a function button (labeled with an icon representing a wireless router or network) on the top of the keyboard, or a switch on the front or sides of the laptop. If you find such a button, check to see whether pressing it enables you to get connected.

*Reboot Your Computer and Your Wireless Router

If you still can't connect a computer or device, reboot it. This step sounds simple, but your router, your PC's Wi-Fi adapter, or your operating system may have a software or firmware problem that a simple reboot would fix. If some or all of your devices refuse to connect, try unplugging the router for 5 to 10 seconds and then plugging it back in. This technique of "power cycling" your router is a tried-and-true method for restoring a previously functional wireless network to good working order.

*Change the Wi-Fi Channel on the Router

Most Wi-Fi routers and devices use the 2.4GHz radio band, which has 11 channels in the United States. Unfortunately, only 3 of the 11 channels can run simultaneously without overlapping or interfering with each other: channels 1, 6, and 11. Worse, many routers are set to broadcast on channel 6 by default. Consequently, interference from other routers in the vicinity is a common source of connectivity problems, especially in densely populated areas such as apartment complexes and shopping centers. Other radios that use the 2.4GHz band--for example, baby monitors and cordless phones--and other electrical devices (such as microwave ovens) can interfere with Wi-Fi signals, too.

To see if other wireless routers might be interfering, take a look at the list of nearby wireless networks. If you're using Windows, click the network icon in the lower right corner. If you see other network names, especially those with more than one bar of signal, they could be interfering with your signal.

You can try to dodge interference by changing your router to another channel. You can blindly choose a channel (going with 1 or 11 is probably your best bet) or you can make a better-educated selection by checking to see which channels nearby networks are using so you can use a different channel. You can check with a free program like InSSIDer or Vistumbler , or use the Web-based Meraki WiFi Stumbler . If you don't have access to one of these applications on your laptop, you can use a free app like Wifi Analyzer (on Android devices) or Wi-Fi Finder (on Apple iOS devices) on your smartphone or tablet to scan for Wi-Fi networks.

Once you've decided on a channel to switch to, you'll need to log in to your router's control panel and change the channel. To access the router's Web-based control panel, open a new window in your browser while you're connected to your router's wireless network and then type in its IP address (most commonly 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1).

If you don't know your router's IP address, refer to the wireless connection details: In the lower-right corner of your Windows desktop, right-click the network icon and open the Network and Sharing Center. Select the wireless network that you wish to view, and click the Details button. You should now see the router's IP address listed as the Default Gateway.

Next, log in to your router control panel with the appropriate username and password. If you don't know the password, you may never have changed it--so try the default password, which you can look up on RouterPasswords.com . If your Internet service provider supplied your router, you may have to call your ISP for help in accessing the password.

Next, log in to your router control panel with the appropriate username and password. If you don't know the password, you may never have changed it--so try the default password, which you can look up on RouterPasswords.com . If your Internet service provider supplied your router, you may have to call your ISP for help in accessing the password.

*Check and Reposition the Wireless Router

If the connection difficulty seems to arise only when you're rather far away from your wireless router, the problem could be that you're on the fringe of the router's coverage zone. The simple way to fix this is to buy a router with better range, but you can take some other steps before going to the trouble (and expense) of buying a new router. First, make sure that your router's antennas are securely attached and are positioned upright. Next, confirm that the router isn't buried or blocked behind large objects that might cause the signal to degrade faster than it normally would. For best results, place your router out in the open so the signal can travel freely.

If you still aren't getting the Wi-Fi range you'd like, consider moving the router and the modem to a more central location within your desired coverage area. Of course, your placement options are limited: The router must be near another cable or telephone jack. Most cable modems can plug into any cable outlet, and DSL modems usually plug into other telephone jacks--but remember to switch out any filters that might be attached.

If you still aren't getting the Wi-Fi range you'd like, consider moving the router and the modem to a more central location within your desired coverage area. Of course, your placement options are limited: The router must be near another cable or telephone jack. Most cable modems can plug into any cable outlet, and DSL modems usually plug into other telephone jacks--but remember to switch out any filters that might be attached.

*Reinstall the Wireless Adapter Driver or Software

If after completely resetting the router, you find that connection problems involving a single PC on your Wi-Fi network still haven't gone away, consider reinstalling the driver and/or software for the Wi-Fi adapter on that PC. The first step in this process is to download the latest network adapter driver or software from your computer manufacturer's website (or from the site of the adapter's manufacturer, if you purchased the adapter separately). From there, carefully follow the manufacturer's directions for reinstalling the software on your adapater. Reboot your PC afterward, and you should be good to go.

*Upgrade the Router Firmware

If connection problems survive the reinstallation of your network adapter drivers, ityour router may sufer from a technical issue. Router vendors typically release firmware updates for their routers to fix known issues and sometimes even to add new features.

To see if there's a new firmware release for your router, first log into its web-based control panel (see the section above for help) and check which firmware version you have installed, usually shown on a system or status page. Next, navigate to the website of the router's manufacturer and check the support/downloads section for the newest firmware release for your particular model. Chances are you don't have the latest version; if so, download the latest firmware and follow the instructions on how to update it.

If that doesn't fix your problem, you could also try seeking out open-source router firmware and experimenting with using it to improve your Wi-Fi network. For more details on that process, check out our guide to enhancing your router with open-source software . If you try all these different solutions and your Wi-Fi network is still having problems, it may be time to invest in some new networking hardware (or just head on down to Starbuck's and borrow theirs.)

Read more: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/network-wifi/3375286/fix-your-wi-fi-network-7-tips/#ixzz24zewZGxG
    just go here<click here for link>

Thank you and Godbless
  • hello po ask ko lang po kung paano tanggalin yung Antenna sa likod ng router BR-6626n :)

available na po ba ang DD-WRT Firmware sa router na ito?
  • @Kupalogz_11

Hello sir, ito po ba ang model na tinutukoy nyo is BR-6226n<click here for link> im sorry po this is Fixed antenna. and Not supported for DD-WRT firmware.

For more info and concern pls dial Edimax iCare Philippines

Thank you
  • Evening po my problem ako sa router na min na BR-6226,, only power and WIFI lang po ang may ilaw,, the then naka attach naman din yung cable sa WAN port coming from DSL modem but di pa rin umiilaw ang wan indicator.. may signal xa ang lakas pa nga kaso walng net, then ug DSL wala naman din pong problem sira naba ang PORT ng wan sa edimax?? yung Ethernet sa DSL po na orange di umiilaw pag ginagamit namin ang Edimax ilang months na rin ito ganito.. bigla nlng nawala ang kaya ngayon direct modem na kami SIRA naba tong Edimax namin???

• Evening po my problem ako sa router na min na BR-6226,, only power and WIFI lang po ang may ilaw,, the then naka attach naman din yung cable sa WAN port coming from DSL modem but di pa rin umiilaw ang wan indicator.. may signal xa ang lakas pa nga kaso walng net, then ug DSL wala naman din pong problem sira naba ang PORT ng wan sa edimax?? yung Ethernet sa DSL po na orange di umiilaw pag ginagamit namin ang Edimax ilang months na rin ito ganito.. bigla nlng nawala ang kaya ngayon direct modem na kami SIRA naba tong Edimax namin???

Bro, We have exactly the same concern. . .as per the site... the router we have is tagged as END OF LIFE. . .that maybe the reason for the malfunction of our device. . . Hi Edimax, please confirm :( less than 2 years pa lang ito sa akin
  • seems OUR router is dead.. any user comments? i tried connecting it again.. wala eh. ayaw na talaga load ng IP ni router sa browser. off na din ethernet light ni modem at WAN blinker ni rotuer :(
  • my router's ac adapter just died earlier.. baka meron dyang sira na yung router, bilhin ko nalang ung adapter :D

currently using a universal adapter from cdrking.. ang laki lang kasi :D
  • mga sir. I have this router and I have a Smart Bro canopy. 2 years ago ok naman yung internet with the router. recently binalik ko uli ung router. ngayon everytime na magbrowse ako parating pumupunta sa Smart Portal. paulit ulit na lang parang nakaloop so hindi na ko nakapagbrowse. Pero pag nakarekta sa PC ok naman internet. help po.

Who's Online

868 active users within the last minute, 471 members, 397 guests.
Our newest member is chanokz
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Items for Sale

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys