User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

TPC HeadFi Group (No Trading, mention of Seller/Shop Name, Limit Size to 640pixel Max)

• may naka try na ng carbo tenore? carbo tenore or ostry kc06a? may nababasa kasi ako na mas trip nila tenore.

tried the carbo before... boring... it's too thin and neutral. good for the price, but for a little bump on the budget opens you to a lot of better options.

Haven't heard the UE900 yet, though based on the reviews I'm reading... I expect UE900 to top the kc06a.

I think sir mordath will be able to answer that since meron siya UE900 and natry nya na din ung KC06A sa meet. :)
    Ako naman natry ko na ung UE900 long time ago and na compare ko sya sa um3x ko dati mas nagustuhan ko ung um3x well iba iba talaga tayo ng preferred sound sig and masasabi ko lang sa ostry is pang all-rounder sya..

the UE900 is DAP-dependent. you wont get much from it if you're using your android phone. it's better with an amp, truly opens up the frequencies. mids on the UE900 are recessed as it's U-shaped. it's about the same signature from the legendary TF10, only everything is improved. If you've loved the TF10 and thought of how it can be improved, then the UE900 is for you.

The sparkling treble is definitely the main focus of the UE900. too bad im a midcentric guy, i've had it the same time as the UM3x so i can make a pretty good comparison. UM3x has BETTER bass and mids, the UE900 shines on the treble. now if you put in the ostry, i'd pick the UM3x but with aftermarket cables. the westone has better BASS than the ostry, and just a hair's breath of an improvement over the mids. but considering the price, then it's ostry XD

meron akong ue900 (gamit ko mag 2 years na) and this is one of my favorite iem since tamang tama lang yung mids nya para sakin, hindi masyadong upfront, its just clean and clear..soundstage is by far the best.high of a tf10,

yea another thing, the UE900 tops them in terms of the soundstage, medyo malayo ka, about one or two rows away from the front seat... which didnt grow on me. i'd like to be in the middle of everything, and that awesome feeling of encompassing musicality was brought to me by the SM64.. you're in the middle of the stage, with headroom to spare. it doesnt take a critical pair of ears to hear where all the instruments are... placing, separation, clarity, cleanliness, and the lushness of the spectrum will bring you to tears. and having tried the ostry, i would say it's an SM64 on a budget. the SM64 has better detail, and better at everything except the price lol. i can say that the ostry is about 80% of the SM64 overall :)

hmmm is this another ala RE-400 craze (which is by far i think a good sub-$100 earphone)

then there's the ostry.. i dont think there's a better choice below the 7k range.

Ang ganda ng looks ng havi b3. Anyone knows where to buy? Gusto ko din sana ostry or yung vsd3s pero nung nakita ko yung havi parang yun na kagad natripan ko.

natuwa ako jan sa havi na yan, kala ko nung una VALVE ang nagrelease, mukang logo ng DOTA2 yung nasa shell nya eh lol XD

i tried it, but found nothing special about it. cant go wrong with the ostry XD
  • ^sir source dependent din po ba SM64? naging interested ako bigla hehehe
  • Anyone here owns a Soul by Ludacris headphones? any feedbacks? thanks
  • ^tried that iem that was owned by my cousin from u.s, maporma sya pero ung sound nya mas maganda pa ung ES18 ng gf ko. :)
  • tried the carbo before... boring... it's too thin and neutral. good for the price, but for a little bump on the budget opens you to a lot of better options.

Hmm. Iba tayo ah. Siguro yan yung reference na Tenore. Sa akin hindi naman thin and neutral.
  • ^may iba pa po bang version ng zero audio carbo tenore's?
  • ^ Actually if you're following the thread on Head-Fi, may inconsistencies sa production ng Tenore. Swertihan lang yata sa pagkuha ng good unit. Others have boosted bass, yung iba hindi gumagana yung left/right side after some time, yung iba may imbalance. Grabe lang. XD
  • can't wait til august! gusto ko na makabili ng ostry..

@mordath

sir, nakapagtune knb with V4A.. mejo busy ako ngaun kaya di ko matimpla ung presets na gusto mo e, pag may time ako post ko dito ung screen shot.. :D :D :D
  • ^installed v4a on my mi3 mas gusto ko ung stock(without v4a) using poweramp maybe because d ako marunong mag adjust ng settings? Haha
  • ^sir source dependent din po ba SM64? naging interested ako bigla hehehe

not very much. although it's like a mad dictator too damn thirsty for powaaahh. i'd need about no less than 90% volume when listening to them. as per earsonics' website, nasa 98 ohms to, yung SM3 v2 ko nasa 32 ohms lang ata.

a unique feature of the SM64 is yung impedance corrector nya. it works kind of an attenuator that keeps the sibilance in check in higher volumes. this means you can crank up dat knob and you wont have any listening fatigue. usually sa mga IEMs too sibilant, or the lows get distorted pag above average na yung volume, dito sa SM64 hindi ganun. it absolutely shines the higher you go, and without the sibilance to bother you.

and it goes better with AMPs, since most IEMs eh easily driven due to the low ohms, madali sila mag-hiss.. etong SM64 hindi thanks to dat built-in impedance corrector. this is easily the best IEM i've heard so far. next up na dito is yung ultra-high end like Aurisonics, TG334, K3003, and the roxanne. natsambahan ko lang tong SM64, swerte lang at naunahan ko yung iba hehe XD

Hmm. Iba tayo ah. Siguro yan yung reference na Tenore. Sa akin hindi naman thin and neutral.

not sure if it was the basso or the tenore that i've listened to, so please pardon me if im wrong. but i wasnt that impressed with the carbo.

^ Actually if you're following the thread on Head-Fi, may inconsistencies sa production ng Tenore. Swertihan lang yata sa pagkuha ng good unit. Others have boosted bass, yung iba hindi gumagana yung left/right side after some time, yung iba may imbalance. Grabe lang. XD

imho, carbo is one of those who fell too damn short of the hype. yung VSD3 sakto naman sa hype, minalas nga lang at nagsabay sila nung ostry. ayan tuloy hehe XD

sir, nakapagtune knb with V4A.. mejo busy ako ngaun kaya di ko matimpla ung presets na gusto mo e, pag may time ako post ko dito ung screen shot.. :D :D :D

naku sir, average IQ at normal peoples lang po ako, di ko rin alam kalkalin yang V4A hahaha, nakadisable nga yan sakin eh. the science of tweaking is still a little too advanced for my aging brain matter XD

mayron po ba ditong mabuting loob na pede magshare ng settings nila sa V4A? midcentric with amazing details and clarity po preference :)
  • kailan may next na mckinley meet? para matry ko rin yung KC06A. :D piazza meet na :D
  • Depende din siguro sa dac na gamit ng phone nyo kung mas magiging ok sound nyo using v4a.. Sakin kasi hindi ng improve ung sound parang naging veiled sya nung inenable ko... Siguro sa wolfson dacs ok tong v4a cirrus logic lng kasi ung nsa phone ko.. Haha
  • ano pasok sa budget kong 1k? bumigay na kase pl11 ko after 2years

gusto ko sana magtry ng iba pinagpilian ko ung sm es18, sennheiser cx400ii o kaya philips she8000

ano kaya dito maganda sana ung di nagbubuhol buhol ung cable un kase dumali sa pl11 ko. and kung may iba pa kayo marerecommend pasabi na rin thanks. sumakit na ulo kakabackread ang gaganda ng headset di lang swak sa budget.

-- edited by curenei on Jul 24 2014, 05:00 PM
  • 10 weeks binigay sakin ni stereo SG before my UM miracle arrived, hindi pa kasama yung delivery :( goodluck!
  • @curenei

Mag upgrade ka na, magpapalit ka lang rin ng IEM bat di ka pa mag upgrade. :)
  • Heads up!

External Image
  • guys need help. DX90 or Sony NWZ-F887? :)
  • @ronnel0918

robinson manila ba ung nasa ermita? planning to go there! baka may mabili ako na maganda for a sub 1k price..

-- edited by crischi on Jul 25 2014, 02:04 PM
  • @curenei

All in mo na, Soundmagic E10 Reference na
  • Meron bang may-ari dito ng Pelican 1010 case? Tanong ko lang kung kasya ang iPod 5th gen/video dun plus an iem. Thanks!
  • @drewfig
    Dx90 i got one di ka magsisisi
  • Sharing my end game gears :)

External Image

Earsonics SM64
    VMODA Crossfade M100
    AMB Mini3 Portable amp
    Xperia Z1c as DAP

do we have anyone else here that has an M100? only thing left for me is an upgrade to an XL pad for better comfort and soundstage. the XL pads are pegged at $20 on the VMODA site. although im quite sure it's not available locally. in any case, im hoping there's someone here who can help me get these:

External Image

Thanks in advance! :)
  • 10 weeks binigay sakin ni stereo SG before my UM miracle arrived, hindi pa kasama yung delivery :( goodluck!

Advance welcome in joining the "Miracle club" ;)

External Image
  • do we have anyone else here that has an M100? only thing left for me is an upgrade to an XL pad for better comfort and soundstage. the XL pads are pegged at $20 on the VMODA site. although im quite sure it's not available locally. in any case, im hoping there's someone here who can help me get these:

any impression on M100?i used to have the M80..and i like it alot!isolation lang talaga problem ko noon kaya ko binenta..pero ok na ok yung sound nya sa quiet environment.

External Image

Advance welcome in joining the "Miracle club" ;)

yup!thanks..will post here if nakuha ko na :)
  • any impression on M100?i used to have the M80..and i like it alot!isolation lang talaga problem ko noon kaya ko binenta..pero ok na ok yung sound nya sa quiet environment.

I have tried the M80 only a bit shortly. in comparo, the M80 is more towards beats in terms of the lows. The M100 on the other hand still has emphasized lows, but with wider soundstage enabling the mids and the highs to shine brighter than those of the M80. Overall, the mids on the M100 are still a little recessed, it's more U-shaped. The bass also has better control allowing for faster and more natural kicks on the lows.

As you have an M80, it is much recommended to go for the XL pads as well. that would allow not just for comfort, but bigger headroom. It will give more shine to the highs, and will open up the mids a little more as everyone who upgraded their pads will tell you :)

also, the M100 looks smaller in person. very similar to the M80.
  • Hi peeps, im looking for iem na worth 2k to 5k,preferably sounds good on metal, post hardcore genre.. Tight and pinchy bass na hindi sana masyado piercing highs. Any recommendations?
  • @godric20

Hindi ka magkakamali sa HiFiman RE-400 lalo na sa genre mo, balanced, sweet, smooth at almost reference sounding IEM.

Nandyan din ang Shure SE215, Mee A151 Balance Armature, Mee M-Duo, Sound Magic E10 Reference

YMMV

-- edited by fakuryu on Jul 29 2014, 05:24 AM
  • Hi peeps, im looking for iem na worth 2k to 5k,preferably sounds good on metal, post hardcore genre.. Tight and pinchy bass na hindi sana masyado piercing highs. Any recommendations?

i know youre looking for a iem pero ibato ko na rin to, You might want to consider yung Koss KSC75 or yung Koss Sportapro. they are usually been compared to Grados and there are peopele who prefers them over the $1000+ flagships on certain songs/genres

*currently listening to ACDC's Back in Black album sa Sportapro on ksc75 clips with plantronic donut pads hahaha gising na gising na naman diwa ko kahit patapos na yung shift lol

-- edited by amievil on Jul 29 2014, 07:48 AM
  • Thanks folks. Will defo consider those mentioned. Any comments on ath cks55 or cks77?
  • i know youre looking for a iem pero ibato ko na rin to, You might want to consider yung Koss KSC75 or yung Koss Sportapro. they are usually been compared to Grados and there are peopele who prefers them over the $1000+ flagships on certain songs/genres

*currently listening to ACDC's Back in Black album sa Sportapro on ksc75 clips with plantronic donut pads hahaha gising na gising na naman diwa ko kahit patapos na yung shift lol

i once had the porta pros. i prefer its sound quality over the sennheiser px100 II but i stayed with my px100 due to the fact that px100 is more commute-friendly.

you cant go wrong with either of the two tho. and theses headphones arent really recommended as headphones on the go kasi mga open back sila.

for iem. try to wait till next month para makapag stock si sir rome ng ostry, or you can head to egghead to try some iems. i think meron silang RHA ma750 dun

Who's Online

226 active users within the last minute, 122 members, 104 guests.
Our newest member is anfvhdwlvi
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Items for Sale

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys