User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

TPC HeadFi Group (No Trading, mention of Seller/Shop Name, Limit Size to 640pixel Max)

• Pero kung entry level budget hifi headphone, no contest na Grado SR80 or AudioTechnica M50 ang best choice. Sony MDR V6 is a good choice for entry level hifi headphone if you like hearing details and treble more than midrage or bass.
  • guys, sino naka gantong setup sa inyo?

4S + Fiio L3 + E11K + ES18

ung setting ng E11K, vol=9 + gain=high + Bass=off

then pls. try nyo play ung song na Gotta Get Away.

pakiramdaman nyo nga po kung umiinit sa tenga nyo

ung ES18. Normal lng ba toh?

Thanks a lot!
  • ^ as in umiinit ang iem?
  • Baka nahahabaan yung iba sa sinulat ko. Eto summary haha

Budget:3k pwede pa madagdagan
    Genre:iba iba pinapkinggan ko
    Use:For long distance commute(bus)
    Need good isolation. Good vocalssaka all around yung sound signature.

Worth it kaya mag re-400 kung kakayanin?
    Salamat ulit.
  • Worth it kaya mag re-400 kung kakayanin?

kung hindi ka naman mahilig sa ma-bass na kanta OK yan
  • Medyo nakulangan lang ako sa bass ng stock apple earphones ko(not earpods). Maganda talaga kung ma audition ko.
  • lapit na sept. 20, X1!!!
  • Guys where do you buy legit 2nd hand music CDs? I used to buy sa may Tulay sa shaw mrt station, now wala na seller dun. Tia.. And also dn2k or w4r?

-- edited by frozen_zen on Sep 18 2014, 09:29 AM
  • You don't need ToTL headphone to get really good sound. Most ng mga ToTL headphone sounds bright and very analytical without using a very expensive tube amp. 10000 PHP headphones is the borderline before you reach dminishing return in sound quality only. Paying ToTL headphones gives you the best material and craftmanship of the manufacturer aside from really good sound. Usually yung mga 2nd best sa lineup nila ang best sound for the money. Senn HD600, HD650, Grado SR225 ang usually na mga headphones sa borderline ng dimishing returns.

Well, it's a given that you'll need to amp your ToTL headphone to get the best SQ. In fact you shouldn't be buying a ToTL headphone without plans on what amp you'll pair them with.

The "law of diminishing returns" indeed does exist of headphones/IEMs. However this principle can be misconstrued to mean that the returns at higher levels are negligible or even barely audible. This is NOT true. What it means is that you'll have to pay much more at higher tiers to get smaller returns, but the returns are by no means negligible. If it were then nobody would be buying ToTL gear since less expensive stuff just performs basically the same.

As the a case in point, I own both a Westone 4 (17k when I got it) and a UM Miracle (list price at UM Phils website 44k but I figure it might be cheaper now). That's a very big difference in price but the latter is much better than the former so that the W4 cannot really compete with the Miracle. I rarely use the W4 nowadays but when I try using it it actually sounds bad, not because it's a bad IEM (not by a long shot) but because I'm so used to the sound of the Miracle that the deficiencies of the W4 become glaring when I try using them again.

To make the long story short, the sound offered by ToTL gears can be awesome but to achieve this "awesomeness" very deep pockets are required. I think a big majority of audiophiles will be content with the sound offered by gears that aren't uber expensive (like the Senn HD600/650) but some won't and that's why you have stuff like the Stax SR-009. ;)

-- edited by Peorth on Sep 18 2014, 10:59 AM
  • In fact you shouldn't be buying a ToTL headphone without plans on what amp you'll pair them with.

Very TRUE, specially those 300 ohm cans.
  • If it were then nobody would be buying ToTL gear since less expensive stuff just performs basically the same.

Of course may difference sa ToTL. But a $1500 headphone won't sound 4x as good as a the best $350 headphone pero you pay for things like exotic, quality materials which I really envy. Yung nga lang kailangan din ng perfect matching amp to sound best or. Also, kailangan din ng perfectly mastered tracks (regardless if it's between a 320 Kbps MP3 or 24-bit FLAC dahil it 99% depends on the mastering quality) because they are super revealing sa source which can make a lesser headphone sound more "fun" but not better than the ToTL for those recordings.

As for IEMs, the difference is much larger than full size headphones IMO.

I think a big majority of audiophiles will be content with the sound offered by gears that aren't uber expensive (like the Senn HD600/650) but some won't and that's why you have stuff like the Stax SR-009. ;)

Sa tingin ko yung mga kontentong audiophiles aren't really content kasi wala lang silang pang gastos sa ToTL headphone and Amp. Heck kung barya lang sa aking ang milyon milyong pera, I'll definitely buy either HD800 or the rare Sony MDR-R10 with uber expensive tube amps like WA5 300B with all upgrade tubes and options.
  • amievil Send Message View User Items on September 18, 2014 06:21 AM
    ^ as in umiinit ang iem?

oo dre! umiinit sya ng kunte, mararamdaman mo talaga sa tenga mo. Pero ung sound nya ok naman.

Malinis nya na i-de deliver at walang audio issue or anything.
  • san makakabili ng sony mdr v6 locally? tsaka magkano? yun kasi pinagpipilian ko tsaka Audio Technica m50. pero kung may mas mura din kayo na marerecommend. hehe. Closed Back sana. TIA!
  • Ok ba yung M-Audio Studiophile Q40 for Php 3,015?
  • Of course may difference sa ToTL. But a $1500 headphone won't sound 4x as good as a the best $350 headphone pero you pay for things like exotic, quality materials

Yup! na-try ko na yung HD-700 at HD-800, coming from HD600 i cannot say
    that it is night and day compared to HD-800. personally i dont even get the
    point of buying the HD-800 for 1,500 usd if you already have the HD-600..
    if ever im going to buy a new HP ill go for a closed back headphone, i really
    love the sound sig of the Denon 7100 but the price is not wallet friendly!
  • Sa tingin ko yung mga kontentong audiophiles aren't really content kasi wala lang silang pang gastos sa ToTL headphone and Amp. Heck kung barya lang sa aking ang milyon milyong pera, I'll definitely buy either HD800 or the rare Sony MDR-R10 with uber expensive tube amps like WA5 300B with all upgrade tubes and options.

In other words, they are forced to be "content" with what they have because their wallets only go so deep... or their wives will kill them if they purchase uber expensive gear ;)

• san mo gagamitin? gagamitin mo ba as dac?

@Peorth

yes sir minsan kapag nasa and kapag umaalis din. (:

• Yup! na-try ko na yung HD-700 at HD-800, coming from HD600 i cannot say
    that it is night and day compared to HD-800. personally i dont even get the
    point of buying the HD-800 for 1,500 usd if you already have the HD-600..
    if ever im going to buy a new HP ill go for a closed back headphone, i really
    love the sound sig of the Denon 7100 but the price is not wallet friendly!

IMO. anlayo ng HD800 sa HD600 on a good amp, i love the HD600 but ill pick the HD800 any day over it haha

Ok ba yung M-Audio Studiophile Q40 for Php 3,015?

tagal ko na d narinig to a, nakalimutan ko na kung anong mod ginawa dito pero it is very capable and quite nice when modded. coiled cable tho

Guys where do you buy legit 2nd hand music CDs?

meron daw sa recto pero not exactly sure where

san makakabili ng sony mdr v6 locally? tsaka magkano? yun kasi pinagpipilian ko tsaka Audio Technica m50. pero kung may mas mura din kayo na marerecommend. hehe. Closed Back sana. TIA!

not sure kung available ang v6 locally e, havent seen it on local stores
  • IMO. anlayo ng HD800 sa HD600 on a good amp, i love the HD600 but ill pick the HD800 any day over it haha

sa detail yes lalo na kung madaming instrument yung kanta, pero kung mga rock songs na 3-5 instruments ang gamit halos same
    lang yung lumalabas na detail saka masyadong revealing yung HD800 kinda sounds boring na. na-try ko yung Grado PS 1000, PS 500, HD-800, HD-700, HD-650 at HD-600 using the Senn HDVD 800

External Image
  • Di maganda hdvd800 sa hd800 imo. Try mo woo audio wa6-se. :)

Para sa akin malaki diff ng hd600 to hd800. Try mo tahimik na lugar. :))

-- edited by rvdeleon on Sep 18 2014, 10:54 PM
  • ^ yah maybe the environment affect the SQ since they are both open back..
    but surely the store wont allow me to loan the HDVD-800 and HD-800 for more quiet listening :))
    If you find the HD-800 SQ very far from HD-600 then it should! the price is also very far! :D
  • Has anyone here auditioned the Hugo Chord?
  • ^ si rvdeleon :D
  • hi guys! 1st time ko mag post dito..

meron akong ATH WS55 mag 3 yrs na siguro sakin, bumigay na yung wire (yung rubber lang kase ok pa yung tunog nya hehe)
    may nag rr-ecable po ba dito and how much, pa pm na lang po kung bawal
    kung wala naman, baka may ma suggest kayo na ok na headphone with good bass and mids, yung swak sa budget sana like Superlux

thanks!
  • i've been lurking in this thread for quite some time now pero parang ala akong nababasa about the regular posters here mentioning BOSE

what's up with that?
  • The vast majority of the stuff in this thread are portable gear and Bose doesn't really have such stuff worth mentioning. Besides, I think Bose is all about marketing and hype (that's why everybody knows them) but in truth their equipment isn't as good as all the marketing portrays it.
  • Hi Guys, pa off topic. I'm thinking to install wall mounted speakers with sub woofer in my house may marecommend ba kayong set up? BUdget is around 20k siguro?

Who's Online

726 active users within the last minute, 383 members, 343 guests.
Our newest member is pacdffgsvdrphm
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys