>

User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

TPC HeadFi Group (No Trading, mention of Seller/Shop Name, Limit Size to 640pixel Max)

• Hi all,

Are senn momentums bang for the buck at 7.5k?
    Is it better than m50/ m50x?

Thanks!
  • If sold at the same price, I prefer the sound sig of the M50/50x. But that's just me :)
  • M50s are just entry level. The Momentums are almost audiophile level. However, make sure you have the ear for it
  • The Momentums look great but sound veiled. Even with a modest source like the Galaxy Note, this is obvious. The Urbanite sounded better on my Note.
  • Thanks for the inputs,

I like the sound sig of m50, however, i find it uncomfortable after 1 to 2 hours of listening session

Care to share which one has warmer sound?

My go to gear currently is the xiaomi piston v3 since i can use it for several hours (while working) but sometimes i find it too bright for my liking

Unfortunately for me, there aren't any shops near where i could audition the momentum
  • The Momentums are warm. You know, don't imagine. Go and have a listen before they run out.
  • Fellow ath-m50 owner here.

Avoid them like the plague. Nagoyo ako ng FOTM na yan. Nung una, maganda tunog..but when i encountered better IEMs, hindi ko na yan pinakinggan. Masyadong hot ang treble, tapos sobrang dark ng overall sound signature. Ang masaklap pa, bought it at full retail. Hahaha :3
  • gusto gusto ko yung gurl dito pag sya na yung kumakanta ang linis ganda ng tunog :-) sensya na share lang ito ginagawa kong pang testing yung boses ng gurl....

<click here for link>

-- edited by vladz17 on Aug 29 2015, 08:28 PM
  • Walang isochronous usb support ang Galaxy Note ko according to USB Audio Player Pro app dev. Anong Android phone ang may usb audio across the system out of the box? Gusto ko kasi mag usb dac/amp for Spotify. At the moment I am studying Oneplus One phone.

Hi Gino
    Depende ata sa ROM at kernel yun basta may OTG feature yung phone. Sa lollipop pa lang yung official support ng usb audio out,pero hit or miss parin ayon sa mga nabasa ko.

Moto G at CM12.1 gamit ko, nagagamit ko yung schiit stack via otg cable para sa Spotify.
    Kung may Oneplus One ka malamang pwede yan, well supported naman yan sa xda.
  • In my case, having the OTG feature was not enough. Though usb disk and keyboard works, wala siyang "isochronous" support according sa USB Audio Player Pro developer.
  • Kulang talaga kung otg lang, kasi dapat supported ng rom at kernel yung usa audio out. May sariling driver na iniinstall yung UAPP kaya gumagana yung app sa usb otg.

UAPP rin gamit ko nung stock 5.0 lollipop gamit ko. kaya lang gusto ko rin ng spotify at dac/amp kaya nag custom rom ako. kaya tingin ko yung "isochronous" mode ay software limitation. Pero baka mali ako. hehe

May DAP ba na may spotify? Para isang device lang dadalin ko. hehe
  • thanks sir jai and sir Gino sa inputs
  • gusto gusto ko yung gurl dito pag sya na yung kumakanta ang linis ganda ng tunog :-) sensya na share lang ito ginagawa kong pang testing yung boses ng gurl....

Dunno how you define "linis" but that recording is over-engineered with sound effects, particularly reverb simulating a large hall. I find it too artificial. If you don't know what I mean, compare that video with her live performance:

<click here for link>

-- edited by Peorth on Aug 30 2015, 02:04 AM
  • @aRTie

Just buy what you like. Magkakaiba tayo ng preferences. I personally like the m50 over the momentum. Best practice is to audition, in the same place if possible. Go with Gino's suggestion to try them out first. Only you can decide how warm is warm enough for you.

Also, importante din talaga ang comfort. Don't be shy when trying out headphones kahit matagal. After all, you worked hard for the money that you will spend. Let them do their job so they can earn your money. If you are still unsure, don't buy dahil lang nahiya ka.
  • ^
    Salamat sir.

Just trying to get info as much as i can, wanted to take advantage of the senn sale dun sa isang store kasi but i can't go out for the next few weeks, thinking na magpapabili na lang ako

I know how important auditioning is, it's just that i've been interested in this hp for the longest time, but never had the chance to try one. Baka kasi this is my only chance to get it at that price

Anyway, if sakaling di ko naman magustuhan yung sound sig nya, i don't think it would be that bad for watching movies, playing games, or for gift sa loved ones :)
  • Ano ba sources mo? Anong files ang gagamitin?
  • Hi all,

Are senn momentums bang for the buck at 7.5k?
    Is it better than m50/ m50x?

Thanks!

bang for the buck? at that price it is, considering the price where it started from (as high as 19k)

imo, it's nice to have a collection of cans that have different characters/sound signature. don't compare them head-to-head because they all have their pros and cons on differant genres.

the only thing to watch out for momentums (assuming what you're considering the over-the-ears) is the size of the earpads. it's kinda small-ish for circumaural. if you have big-ish ears they'll become on-ears on you.
  • How about the Sennheiser Urbanite XL? is it worth it? Would it be a nice upgrade to ATH M50x?
  • @sir Gino

I usually use spotify premium 95% of the time on my work and home laptops (both lenovo)

@sir BlackSG5

Thank you sir for that input.
  • The Urbanite XL is worth the sale price of under P8500. I'll gladly use these headphones.

@arRTie, for P1000 difference, I recommend the Urbanite XL vs Momentum. It is much more open sounding. I can understand why you like the Momentum. It is really beautiful. If you have not heard anything better, it will sound great to you.
  • Gino Send Message View User Items on August 30, 2015 03:46 PM - User is Online
    The Urbanite XL is worth the sale price of under P8500. I'll gladly use these headphones.

@arRTie, for P1000 difference, I recommend the Urbanite XL vs Momentum. It is much more open sounding. I can understand why you like the Momentum. It is really beautiful. If you have not heard anything better, it will sound great to you.

Thanks @Gino.

Actually I am all set for AudioTechnica M50x, since I have already auditioned it several times on different retailers.

But I changed my mind when I heard the sound signature of ATH MSR7, but it is still pricey at the moment so I told myself to wait for a while.

The price of Urbanite XL right now is very tempting, aggravating my "itch".

I hope that PowerMAC have a demo unit.
  • if there is something I learned it is that if I like something, I must not compromise. Otherwise I will forever want it.

There is a significant difference in the measurements of the ATH MSR7 and the Urbanite XL. The top end of the XL is depressed. They will sound very different.

If you liked the ATH MSR7, you may miss something with the Urbanite XL and more so with the Momentum.

-- edited by Gino on Aug 30 2015, 04:48 PM

Who's Online

557 active users within the last minute, 275 members, 282 guests.
Our newest member is tholitzky
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Items for Sale

New Want to Buys

Active Want to Buys